Political Discussion Forums
QuebecOverCanada

NDP vs Liberals, which one is going to out-left the other?

6 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

It's like he's copying and pasting your posts and just rephrasing them slightly. He barely has to do any work and gets to sound super insightful, if that's what he's doing.

Never actually heard of him, Scott Gilmore, I'll have to look into where he came from.

7 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Never actually heard of him, Scott Gilmore, I'll have to look into where he came from.

His name is Gilmore, your pseudonym is a reference to Doug Gilmour, and he's writing about a lot your ideas, spooky.

Edited by Yzermandius19

6 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

His name is Gilmore, your pseudonym is a reference to Doug Gilmour, and he's writing about a lot your ideas, spooky.

He must be a Liberal, he's married to Climate Barbie.  

He must be a Liberal, he's married to Climate Barbie.  

That's an odd pairing. If only Climate Barbie listened to her husband every now and then. Then again, you married a Liberal too.

Edited by Yzermandius19

1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

That's an odd pairing. If only Climate Barbie listened to her husband every now and then.

My wife's a Liberal, she ignores what I say most of the time, her nickname for me is Crazy Man. lol.

5 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

My wife's a Liberal, she ignores what I say most of the time, her nickname for me is Crazy Man. lol.

Something tells me that Climate Barbie does that to Gilmore on steroids. Y'all have so much in common, it's almost like you're the same person.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Just now, Yzermandius19 said:

Something tells me that Climate Barbie does that Gilmore on steroids.

They were both on the Peacekeeping mission in East Timor, he as a diplomat, she as a negotiator, that must be where they met.

Nope, he's not a Liberal.  These two are more and more like me and my wife, this is getting spooky.

Confessions of a self-loathing Tory

Scott Gilmore: I hate my party. It’s time to build a new one that genuinely believes in liberty, equality and facts over ideology.

https://www.macleans.ca/politics/ottawa/confessions-of-a-self-loathing-tory/

Edited by Dougie93

6 hours ago, ironstone said:

How do you figure that?

We all know that Trudeau will go to any length to protect and promote Quebec jobs, but what has he done to help Alberta?

It's neither Trudeau or Kenny. It's the price of oil. Especially tar sand oil.

What Alberta needs to do is to invest in and build a refinery. I don't understand why they don't do that. Why not sell our own fuel in Canada, instead of having them shipped over from South America, Africa and Saudi Arabia. 

Edited by marcus

1 minute ago, marcus said:

It's neither Trudeau or Kenny. It's the price of oil. Especially tar sand oil.

Exactly.   Oil is actually in a long term structural depression, in the 1970s it was 20% of the market, now its only 5%

The environmentalists aren't going to shut the oilsands down, but market forces will.

Exactly.   Oil is actually in a long term structural depression, in the 1970s it was 20% of the market, now its only 5%

The environmentalists aren't going to shut the oilsands down, but market forces will.

Yet far-left environmentalists like jacee want to undermine market forces, when it's actually their greatest ally. EnviroCommies will never learn, instead they will help prop up the very industry they claim to want to destroy with their far-left dogma instead. 

"One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results."
- Milton Friedman

Edited by Yzermandius19

2 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Yet far-left environmentalists like jacee want to undermine market forces, when it's actually their greatest ally. EnviroCommies will never learn, instead they will help prop up the very industry they claim to want to destroy with their far-left dogma instead. 

"One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results."
- Milton Friedman

Alberta shale will still be viable, the EnviroCommies will just shift to attacking that instead.

5 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Alberta shale will still be viable, the EnviroCommies will just shift to attacking that instead.

Undermine the greatest tool they can use in their environmental crusade, proves it's not about the environment at all, they care more about pushing the Communism instead. The Environment is simply "sunny ways" cover for their radical agenda to sell it to the rubes.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Undermine the greatest tool they can use in their environmental crusade, proves it's not about the environment at all, they care more about pushing the Communism instead. The Environment is simply "sunny ways" cover for their radical agenda to sell it to the rubes.

A radical agenda which will contribute to the downfall of Canada itself.

Scott Gilmore knows.

Dirtying our planet aside, the oilsands are bad business. Cut your losses and run. Just let it go already. Stop trying to sell low grade oil to foreign countries, in a market where it's difficult to have a margin. Is it not worth it to have our own refineries and use our resources for ourselves? Why does no one talk about refining our own oil and using it in our own country, instead of having them shipped from all over the world?

3 minutes ago, marcus said:

Dirtying our planet aside, the oilsands are bad business. Cut your losses and run. Just let it go already. Stop trying to sell low grade oil to foreign countries, in a market where it's difficult to have a margin. Is it not worth it to have our own refineries and use our resources for ourselves? Why does no one talk about refining our own oil and using it in our own country, instead of having them shipped from all over the world?

Because the oilsands oil sucks, and Canada is better off importing a better product for much cheaper. Economic nationalism is for rubes, F*ck Alberta.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Just now, Yzermandius19 said:

Because the oilsands oil sucks, and we better off importing a better product for much cheaper. Economic nationalism is for rubes.

Then leave them be. Why try to milk a cow that's giving you sour milk?

Use the low taxes to attract companies outside of the energy sector. Bring in U.S. tech companies that are looking for a new home. Why are they moving to Vancouver and Toronto and not to Calgary and Edmonton? Invest more in other sectors, instead of being a one-trick pony. 

Alberta did it all wrong. They didn't save any of their earnings from the glory days. Look at that pinko-commie country Norway. They did it right. They invested their money in a variety of industries, including renewables. Now they're thriving and have more than just their oil industry. Unlike Alberta. 

2 minutes ago, marcus said:

Then leave them be. Why try to milk a cow that's giving you sour milk?

Use the low taxes to attract companies outside of the energy sector. Bring in U.S. tech companies that are looking for a new home. Why are they moving to Vancouver and Toronto and not to Calgary and Edmonton? Invest more in other sectors, instead of being a one-trick pony. 

Alberta did it all wrong. They didn't save any of their earnings from the glory days. Look at that pinko-commie country Norway. They did it right. They invested their money in a variety of industries, including renewables. Now they're thriving and have more than just their oil industry. Unlike Alberta. 

Putting all your eggs in one basket that is prone to boom and bust is a bad idea, Venezuela North.

Edited by Yzermandius19

12 minutes ago, marcus said:

Is it not worth it to have our own refineries and use our resources for ourselves? Why does no one talk about refining our own oil and using it in our own country, instead of having them shipped from all over the world?

Because that's dumb too, don't intervene to prop oilsands, don't intervene to nationalize refineries, stop trying to central plan it, refining gasoline is not a role of government.

Venezuela North.

Canada can't execute these big national projects anymore anyways, people who call for them are just pissing in the wind, because Canada is not a country.

Climate Barbie's libertarian husband knows.

Just now, Dougie93 said:

Because that's dumb too, don't intervene to prop oilsands, don't intervene to nationalize refineries, stop trying to central plan it, refining gasoline is not a role of government.

Who is going to pay $10 billion to build a refinery? The Alberta government had a chance to do it at one point. Now they want to play the victim card. Trudeau this. Commies that. Blah fucking blah. Shut up and own up to your own mismanagement. 

12 minutes ago, marcus said:

Who is going to pay $10 billion to build a refinery? The Alberta government had a chance to do it at one point. Now they want to play the victim card. Trudeau this. Commies that. Blah fucking blah. Shut up and own up to your own mismanagement. 

Doubling down on oil would not have saved Alberta. Building refineries is not diversifying. Government intervention is not the answer to Alberta's woes, and neither is tunnel visioning on oil. More central planning equals more mismanagement, not less, you are pushing them to be more incompetent and even more poorly managed with your proposals.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Doubling down on oil would not have saved Alberta. Building refineries is not diversifying. Government intervention is not the answer to Alberta's woes, and neither is tunnel visioning on oil. More central planning equals more mismanagement, not less, you are pushing them to be more incompetent with your proposals.

My comments are more about the past and their failure to take that step. 

I do wonder why refineries were never pushed or talked about by the Alberta government. I guess when you have money pouring in, you just sit back and not think about what if this ends. 

Now that those days are gone, instead of looking at how to fix the issues, they are doubling down and flogging a dead horse. You can't make Alberta great again like this.