Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums
Argus

Andrew Scheer needs to go.

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, scribblet said:

Why does Sscheer have to go when he gained seats but no one is saying Singh has to go who lost seats.

You can't ask a brown man to leave! That's racist!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Argus said:

You can't ask a brown man to leave! That's racist!

Of course  :)-      The Conservatives made progress actually; they won the popular vote, gained more MPs, shrunk the Liberal party to minority status, swept them out of two provinces, and so on.   Why not a leadership review for Trudeau also as he lost seats and the west..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They didn't make any progress, by rights the Liberals should have been annihilated like Kathleen Wynne.

But that's never going to happen at the federal level, the Toronto - Montreal - Ottawa iron triangle cannot be voted out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2019 at 2:32 PM, scribblet said:

Why does Sscheer have to go when he gained seats but no one is saying Singh has to go who lost seats.

Singh has potential as a young, well-dressed terrorist-supporting socialist commie.  Scheer is just a dimpled a$$hat.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2019 at 9:29 AM, Argus said:

Erin O'Toole? Peter McKay?

Rona Ambrose or Lisa Raitt - either one would have my vote. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, mowich said:

Rona Ambrose or Lisa Raitt - either one would have my vote. 

The lady MP's in many parties generally seem a lot more competent than the fellas these days.  Even that wingnut Elizabeth May can talk circles around the other party leaders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2019 at 5:10 AM, Moonlight Graham said:

Every Canadian should have to swear an oath of allegiance before casting a ballot.

Not sure why we all have to swear allegiance, soldiers do it all the time and it has not got them anything... except court dates...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2019 at 4:10 AM, Moonlight Graham said:

Every Canadian should have to swear an oath of allegiance before casting a ballot.

And having paid actual income tax in at least one of the previous years since the last election.  It should be a requirement.  Unless you’re retired or are on disability.

Edited by Shady

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2019 at 4:02 PM, scribblet said:

Why does Sscheer have to go when he gained seats but no one is saying Singh has to go who lost seats.

Expectations were a whole lot higher for Scheer than Singh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Expectations were a whole lot higher for Scheer than Singh. 

Largely because everyone tacitly acknowledged that big orange turban thing was not gonna fly in Quebec.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Singh has a nerve saying a social conservative cannot be PM, since when is there a religious test for PM...  why not one for Singh who who overtly shows his religiosity; a religion which does respect life, so how come no one questions Singh.

"Abortion is generally forbidden in Sikhism, as it interferes in the creative work of God - who created everything and is present in every being. Most Sikhs accept that life begins at conception (one reference is found on page 74 of the Guru Granth Sahib)".

Perhaps Rona Ambrose  would consider a run now because God help Canadians if they elect that little punk for a third term.    If that should happen the Liberals could be in for life as Trudeau plans to greatly raise immigration levels so with the new rules and immigrants being able to vote sooner, they will have the demographics to swing the election, particularly in Ontario.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think the issue with Scheer was his socon views on abortion and same-sex marriage. I think the issue was that whenever he was questioned on them he looked uncomfortable, uncertain, and tried to weasel out of answering questions. Now you compare his demeanor to someone like Jacob Rees-Mogg, who was similarly questioned, very insistently, in fact, by the press about his own views on abortion and same-sex marriage and you can see where Scheer fails. Rees-Mogg speaks firmly, confidently, and shows no hesitation or doubt.

 

 

Edited by Argus
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/31/2019 at 8:49 AM, SpankyMcFarland said:

Expectations were a whole lot higher for Scheer than Singh. 

Singh lost nearly 50% of his seats. Scheer's party grew by 22%. 

If you're being honest, the seats that the Libs lost were left-of-center seats, which had at least as good a chance of going NDP as Conservative. 

The biggest loser was May imo. Millions of Canadians considered the environment to be the biggest issue going into the campaign and she only gained two seats. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Argus said:

I don't think the issue with Scheer was his socon views on abortion and same-sex marriage. I think the issue was that whenever he was questioned on them he looked uncomfortable, uncertain, and tried to weasel out of answering questions. Now you compare his demeanor to someone like Jacob Rees-Mogg, who was similarly questioned, very insistently, in fact, by the press about his own views on abortion and same-sex marriage and you can see where Scheer fails. Rees-Mogg speaks firmly, confidently, and shows no hesitation or doubt.

 

 

Rees-Mogg is a minor political figure in Britain. His views on social issues are of no importance. The Conservatives need to dump all vestiges of social conservatism if they’re serious about making inroads with young urban voters. The easiest way to do that would be with a woman who is clearly pro-choice and pro-gay marriage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

Singh lost nearly 50% of his seats. Scheer's party grew by 22%. 

If you're being honest, the seats that the Libs lost were left-of-center seats, which had at least as good a chance of going NDP as Conservative. 

The biggest loser was May imo. Millions of Canadians considered the environment to be the biggest issue going into the campaign and she only gained two seats. 

Actually, the popular vote for the Greens went up. FPTP creates a ceiling for the NDP and Greens. When they enter the booth, many left-of-centre voters realize that a vote for non-Liberals helps the Tories under our present system. 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Actually, the popular vote for the Greens went up. FPTP creates a ceiling for the NDP and Greens. When they enter the booth, many left-of-centre voters realize that a vote for non-Liberals helps the Tories under our present system. 

Still, if they ditched their terrorist-supporting leader and her socialist ideals they could have a future. Right now they don’t. 
 

Anyone who honestly wants to support the Greens, and follows them closely for a while, comes to the realization that she’s the same frumpy little dimwit on the inside that she appears to be on the outside.

She may look like Yoda, but she’s Kermit the Frog, minus the charisma and the cute froggy wisdom.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2019 at 6:29 AM, Rue said:

I think he is strongly identified with the previous Progressive Conservative Party and so to pick him now, might alienate the former Reformist wing and cause a schism. Me personally I think he would be a good candidate. I think he could sell himself across Canada very well and has the qualities Sheer does not. Marcus mentioned Michael Chong. He is another middle of the road or progressive Tory but I am not sure he would carry nationally and I never did understand why he did not do better in Toronto. He was a pretty middle of the road inoffensive politician but voters tuned him out. I really do not know why.

Apparently, the conservatives did not do well in the Toronto area at all. Why? Because Toronto has gone totally leftist and liberal. The ethnic vote in Toronto did not help the conservatives do well in Toronto, and probably never will anymore. Conservatism in Toronto has now pretty much disappeared from view. Chong is just another liberal conservative just like Scheer is a liberal. The CPC is a just another leftist politically correct liberal party. Prove me wrong if this is not so? ;)

Edited by taxme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Singh lost nearly 50% of his seats. Scheer's party grew by 22%. 

If you're being honest, the seats that the Libs lost were left-of-center seats, which had at least as good a chance of going NDP as Conservative. 

The biggest loser was May imo. Millions of Canadians considered the environment to be the biggest issue going into the campaign and she only gained two seats. 

Which should tell us all now that climate change is really not on most Canadians minds. Maybe a thousand or two at most. Will May take the hint, and stop whining about climate change? I doubt it. It would appear today that the words "global warming" seem to have disappeared from view. It's now called "climate change". I guess that fools like May and her supporters have given up on the words 'global warming" for some u/k May reason. I guess that the world is not heating up as fast as she would like to see it do. May is just another loser politician just like so many other politicians that we have in Canada. Feed the people bull, and hope that they will listen to your silly azz nonsense, and believe it. When anyone with an ounce of brains sees that most crazy people like May and Suzuki and Gore still drive around in big gas guzzling cars and airplanes, and own several houses between them,  that if these environmentalist screwballs do not practice what they preach, why should I? 

Anyway, Scheer needs to go. Scheer did nothing to try and damage Trudeau during the debates with all of the scandals that Trudeau was involved in. It appeared more like he was trying to protect and give Trudeau a pass. Scheer lost the election because he is not a real and true conservative. Scheer showed himself to be nothing more than just another liberal in conservative clothing. If Scheer were a real and true conservative, like Trump is, he would have gone up one side and down the other side on Trudeau. Scheer did not, the liberal fool. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, scribblet said:

Singh has a nerve saying a social conservative cannot be PM, since when is there a religious test for PM...  why not one for Singh who who overtly shows his religiosity; a religion which does respect life, so how come no one questions Singh.

"Abortion is generally forbidden in Sikhism, as it interferes in the creative work of God - who created everything and is present in every being. Most Sikhs accept that life begins at conception (one reference is found on page 74 of the Guru Granth Sahib)".

Perhaps Rona Ambrose  would consider a run now because God help Canadians if they elect that little punk for a third term.    If that should happen the Liberals could be in for life as Trudeau plans to greatly raise immigration levels so with the new rules and immigrants being able to vote sooner, they will have the demographics to swing the election, particularly in Ontario.

That is what Trudeau and the liberals are doing today and banking on. Bringing in more legal and illegal immigrants whom he knows that he can count on to help get him in when the next election roles around in four years. It will be the ethnic vote from the many different incompatible cultural backgrounds that will be brought into Canada in the next four years that should help Trudeau win again. After those millions are brought in, in the next four years, are here for three years they will get to vote. As far as I am concerned, conservatism in four years will be no more in Canada. There will only be liberal and socialist political party's left in Canada. It has to happen, and it will. The Canadians that voted for Trudeau in the last election will no doubt do the same stupid thing again, and vote in Trudeau once more. Canada is so phkd up today, and will even be worse tomorrow, thanks to the fools who put that prime mistake back in power. There are just too many Canadians voting with emotion and foolish talk rather than with common sense and logic.

No one in the conservative party today is worth the time of day anymore. The conservative party kicked out all the good and true conservative ones that had any kind of common sense and who did gave a dam about Canada. So long Canada, it's been good to know you. Old man Trudeau was right when he won the election in 1980 where he said "welcome to the new Canada". Indeed, we are now living in a new Canada. The British/European Canada is now history and is about to be deleted from the Canadian program. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, taxme said:

That is what Trudeau and the liberals are doing today and banking on. Bringing in more legal and illegal immigrants whom he knows that he can count on to help get him in when the next election roles around in four years. It will be the ethnic vote from the many different incompatible cultural backgrounds that will be brought into Canada in the next four years that should help Trudeau win again. After those millions are brought in, in the next four years, are here for three years they will get to vote. As far as I am concerned, conservatism in four years will be no more in Canada. There will only be liberal and socialist political party's left in Canada. It has to happen, and it will. The Canadians that voted for Trudeau in the last election will no doubt do the same stupid thing again, and vote in Trudeau once more. Canada is so phkd up today, and will even be worse tomorrow, thanks to the fools who put that prime mistake back in power. There are just too many Canadians voting with emotion and foolish talk rather than with common sense and logic.

No one in the conservative party today is worth the time of day anymore. The conservative party kicked out all the good and true conservative ones that had any kind of common sense and who did gave a dam about Canada. So long Canada, it's been good to know you. Old man Trudeau was right when he won the election in 1980 where he said "welcome to the new Canada". Indeed, we are now living in a new Canada. The British/European Canada is now history and is about to be deleted from the Canadian program. :(

Not Scheer’s fault that CTV and CBC want to talk about SNC as badly as CNN wants to list off Trump’s accomplishments

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Rees-Mogg is a minor political figure in Britain. His views on social issues are of no importance.

Which is why he gets so much press and why he's interviewed on national news shows and asked about what he'd do as prime minister. But that's irrelevant. My point was to demonstrate how one answered questions about ones religious views with confidence and in a forthright manner, neither of which Scheer was able to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Argus said:

Which is why he gets so much press and why he's interviewed on national news shows and asked about what he'd do as prime minister. But that's irrelevant. My point was to demonstrate how one answered questions about ones religious views with confidence and in a forthright manner, neither of which Scheer was able to do.

Rees-Mogg is an amusing eccentric, way out of the British mainstream on social issues. His views on such matters are irrelevant. 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Not Scheer’s fault that CTV and CBC want to talk about SNC as badly as CNN wants to list off Trump’s accomplishments

It's Scheer's fault for losing the election. If he acted more like a real and true conservative he probably would be the PM of Canada today. The fool blew it because he went too soft on  crooked and scandalous Trudeau. Scheer could have made minced meat out of Trudeau during the debate on TV but spoiled his one and only chance to do so. Now the bought off Canadian news media will ignore Scheer like the plague. Great! He deserves being ignored. After all, Scheer is just another politically correct liberal wearing conservative clothing anyway. 

When one plays political football with liberals, they will always lose the game. It was quite obvious that Scheer did not know as to how to go about attacking the liberal beast, and instead played by their rules. They paid for it. The PPC was a real and true last chance conservative party to get Canada back on track but the people decided that they needed a little more liberal corruption and more scandals in their pathetic lives, and so they shall get more. They will also get more taxes, more government, more rules and regulations, more bureaucrats, and less freedom of speech. There is no real and true conservative left in the CPC party anymore. Just by the conservative party making Scheer their party leader tells it all. A bunch of liberal losers. Aw well, what more can be said. :unsure: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2019 at 10:58 AM, SpankyMcFarland said:

Rees-Mogg is a minor political figure in Britain. His views on social issues are of no importance. The Conservatives need to dump all vestiges of social conservatism if they’re serious about making inroads with young urban voters. The easiest way to do that would be with a woman who is clearly pro-choice and pro-gay marriage. 

Why did those morons keep asking Mogg about same sex marriage over and over? Who really gives a chit all the much about same sex marriage, except maybe for gays and lesbians? I certainly do not. As if same sex marriage is what everybody every day talks about all day long until they go to bed at night with someone of their opposite sex.

He sounds like a real conservative who has no problem taking on these leftist liberal fools and not giving the answers that they want to hear. Good job! Why same sex marriage was even being asked by those leftist liberal fools is beyond me. Is there not more important topics to talk about rather than same sex marriage and abortion. Do you go about your day all concerned about same sex marriage and abortion? I doubt that you do nor millions of other people do. I think that most people want to get government off their backs, not load more government on their backs. If a country is going to only want to live and worry about same sex marriage and abortion, then that country is doomed. They are not bread and butter issues for most people. 

Liberalism????????  :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, taxme said:

Why did those morons keep asking Mogg about same sex marriage over and over? Who really gives a chit all the much about same sex marriage, except maybe for gays and lesbians? I certainly do not.

There are social conservatives who do care about these matters and there’s no point blaming the media or Liberals for harping on about it. Harper understood this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...