Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Too funny.  ISIS publucized in Dabiq that one goal of their terror attacks was to generate fear and loathing of Muslins, so that Muslims would return to their own countries and/or take up arms against the West.  And here you are, along with DoP,  Argus  scribblet and now Teena, happily following that playbook.  

I fail to see how advocating for freedom of religion against people who want to limit such freedom puts me in the same camp as ISIS, but I suppose twisting things enough will get ya there.  

ISIS wants all of Islam's barbarity to be tolerated and accepted in the West.  Or at the very least - ignored and not talked about. 

Same as you.

But yes, I believe religious freedom should have limits.  If that makes me a monster in your books, but the guy who cuffs his burka'ed wife across the head A-OK - so be it.  I'm happy to disappoint you.

Edited by Goddess
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is a lie.

You can actually often tell a hell of a lot about someone by what they're wearing. At 83, or whatever you are, you should know this already.

You are engaging in a similar defective argument people make defending Trump. You try deflect from the  issue of Muslim extremism by raising criticism of  Western states' foreign policies and/or human

23 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Very much like ISIS thinking.  They must be so proud of you.

 

 

That's disrespectful, particularly to the living and the dead. For instance to those literally raped to death, burned alive, buried alive and whose children have been taken away for similar purposes. Don't you have any sense of shame?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Goddess said:

ISIS wants all of Islam's barbarity to be tolerated and accepted in the West. 

What would be the use of that? There's more than the 'west' to the world. Just like you try to make yourself seem dumber than you are, you try to make them look dumber than they are. Just as you know people aren't gonna believe all the things you say while you know you're lying, ISIS knows people aren't gonna believe all the things they say while they know they're lying. Just as you know you won't create a world that has similar values to yours, ISIS knows they're not gonna create a world with the same values as them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Argus said:

Your sister might find it 'freeing' to have no choice in the matter. Other people value freedom.

You think if a person makes a choice they after that have no choice anymore? They can change their mind. People do it all the time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

13 minutes ago, Marocc said:

That's disrespectful, particularly to the living and the dead. For instance to those literally raped to death, burned alive, buried alive and whose children have been taken away for similar purposes. Don't you have any sense of shame?

 

You promote hiijabs and burkas for women.  That's disrespectful to the living and the dead.  For instance, those raped to death, burned alive, beaten and killed over it, children forced into wearing it.

Don't you have any sense of shame?

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Goddess said:

But yes, I believe religious freedom should have limits.  

Ok.

43 minutes ago, Goddess said:

If that makes me a monster in your books, but the guy who cuffs his burka'ed wife across the head A-OK

I see. Basically, in your world, if I'm ok with freedom of religious expression in Canada, I must also be ok with domestic abuse, (and presumably pedophilia, homophobia, child marriage etc.). Can you explain how belief in Freedom of Religious Expression and being ok with all the stupid and illegal things religious people do are synonymous, exactly.  Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Ok.

I see. Basically, in your world, if I'm ok with freedom of religious expression in Canada, I must also be ok with domestic abuse, (and presumably pedophilia, homophobia, child marriage etc.). Can you explain how belief in Freedom of Religious Expression and being ok with all the stupid and illegal things religious people do are synonymous, exactly.  Thanks.

Try again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Try again.

Maybe instead you could stop making ridiculous comments about how I'm "ok" with domestic abuse.  Especially given that whenever I've mentioned discussing solutions that would apply to Muslims and non-Muslims alike, you refuse.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Maybe instead you could stop making ridiculous comments about how I'm "ok" with domestic abuse.  Especially given that whenever I've mentioned discussing solutions that would apply to Muslims and non-Muslims alike, you refuse.

Maybe stop making ridiculous comments about domestic abusers being secret feminists.  

**shrug**

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dialamah said:

My sister is living the life she chose.  Why is her choice invalidated or devalued because other women have either more or less "freedom" than my sister?   

That someone chooses to be a slave is, of course, their choice. But don't try to hold it up as sane.

You're like those people in the 1980s who were outraged that the police were told to start charging men who beat their wives even when their wives didn't want them charged.

"Hey! If it's okay with her that he beats her up then why should we care!? It's her choice!"

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dialamah said:

In which Islamic country is murder or terrorism legal?

Pretty much all of them have legalized murder and terrorism by the state.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marocc said:

 

That's disrespectful, particularly to the living and the dead. For instance to those literally raped to death, burned alive, buried alive and whose children have been taken away for similar purposes. Don't you have any sense of shame?

Did Muhammad when he did or sanctioned all these things?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marocc said:

You think if a person makes a choice they after that have no choice anymore? They can change their mind. People do it all the time.

Islam is not big on choices. Thus its name. If you choose Islam, "Welcome sister" If you decide to leave Islam "DEATH TO YOU, APOSTATE!"

Edited by Argus
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Argus said:

That someone chooses to be a slave is, of course, their choice. But don't try to hold it up as sane.

You're like those people in the 1980s who were outraged that the police were told to start charging men who beat their wives even when their wives didn't want them charged. Argus, I witnessed this. I was 15 babysitting for this couple and when they got home, a argument started and I watched him beat her bad and when police arrived she said no to charges. She was so afraid of him. I celebrated when they changed the law. 

"Hey! If it's okay with her that he beats her up then why should we care!? It's her choice!"

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Like Western nations haven't!  LOL

LOLLOLOLOLO

Western nations are the WORST, right??  :rolleyes:

Those Muslim countries, they really know how to live.  We could learn so much from them.

Edited by Goddess
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Argus said:

Thus its name. If you choose Islam,

Indeed. You can't take only what you like and call it Islam, but you can leave it and you can do wrong without leaving the religion. Thus, it would be unfair to say women don't choose or that they cannot choose. Rather than admit that they choose differently from what you would, you lie and say they can't choose. How selfish is that?

2 hours ago, Goddess said:

You promote hiijabs and burkas for women.

When have I promoted burqas? You're pretending to be confused again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Teena said:

So now your agreeing? As a Muslim, you do not have 'freedom'.

No. I said it restricts. You restrict yourself.

3 hours ago, Teena said:

Anyways I think you and I have done enough sharing of opinions.

That's how @Goddess reacts when she's been lying or just plain wrong.

If you're so free, don't you also have the freedom to make mistakes and to be wrong? Why be so shy of it? And if you follow the 10 commandments you cannot lie. Yet if you were honest (& smart) you wouldn't have made so many contradicting statements by now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Announcements




×
×
  • Create New...