Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums
QuebecOverCanada

Coroner says Jeff Epstein was strangulated

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Argus said:

The same could be said of Trump. You think they're gonna publicly demand information from him?

I have to admit I find the whole Epstein thing a bit of a farce. Nothing I've seen alleged to have happened would even have been illegal in Canada.

Isn't trafficking any person under the age of 18 a criminal offence in Canada?

https://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/AnnualStatutes/2010_3/page-1.html

It certainly is in the UK now. The recruitment operation run by Maxwell for Epstein's benefit does not look like a regular boyfriend-girlfriend situation. There are other potential offences under Canadian law here as well:

https://lop.parl.ca/sites/PublicWebsite/default/en_CA/ResearchPublications/201724E#a3-12

 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I should have added above that AFAIK France does not extradite its own citizens which is a bit ridiculous. Instead they can sometimes be tried in France. Both Poland and Switzerland refused to extradite Polanski when the Americans tried. He's safe in those three countries. 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2019 at 7:03 PM, BubberMiley said:

Someone related to Epstein made the allegation. No one related to Epstein made allegations against Clinton. These are facts.

You may continue with your irrelevant rant against the free western media. You got served again.

Complete nonsense.  This a joke lawsuit.  Anyone can file any kind of lawsuit they want, it's just a filing fee.  Then you can say a lawsuit was filed against Trump.   Regardless, Trump banned Epstein from Mar-a-Lago because of his behavior to under age girls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Isn't trafficking any person under the age of 18 a criminal offence in Canada?

https://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/AnnualStatutes/2010_3/page-1.html

Trafficking presumes prostitution. AFAIK this was mostly a case of a rich guy who had parties and drugs which attracted a lot of young women who wanted to party and hang around celebrities. These girls were not, again, AFAIK, prostitutes, but 'party girls', even if they were sometimes given gifts which included money. I never heard that any of them were forced to go there or forced to stay, beaten or threatened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Argus said:

Trafficking presumes prostitution. 

Trafficking is just selling or holding people against their will for any number of things. Prostitution is just one of them. Humans are trafficked for forced labour and even organ harvesting in extreme cases.

It's basically just a way of saying "selling people into slavery, or worse" without getting people too riled up about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Argus said:

Trafficking presumes prostitution. AFAIK this was mostly a case of a rich guy who had parties and drugs which attracted a lot of young women who wanted to party and hang around celebrities. These girls were not, again, AFAIK, prostitutes, but 'party girls', even if they were sometimes given gifts which included money. I never heard that any of them were forced to go there or forced to stay, beaten or threatened.

Epstein was doing more than simply attract girls. He was actively luring them through an organized network of women run by Maxwell. They were spotted outside places like high schools and given all sorts of stories to pull them in. Benefits were offered, including money. In many jurisdictions, coercion or physical force are not required to find a person guilty of trafficking if the victim is under 18. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

Trafficking is just selling or holding people against their will for any number of things. Prostitution is just one of them. Humans are trafficked for forced labour and even organ harvesting in extreme cases.

It's basically just a way of saying "selling people into slavery, or worse" without getting people too riled up about it.

Okay, but I've seen stories on that. Girls are promised jobs, say, then they're locked up in a dank hellhole, their papers removed, they're raped, beaten and threatened. No one has even suggested anything like that happened here. The only threat I ever heard of was a threat to make them leave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Argus said:

Okay, but I've seen stories on that. Girls are promised jobs, say, then they're locked up in a dank hellhole, their papers removed, they're raped, beaten and threatened. No one has even suggested anything like that happened here. The only threat I ever heard of was a threat to make them leave.

Nobody is going to argue at that extreme end but the law in many Western countries also protects underage females from exploitation without violence. Some of these offences occurred in remote locations like Epstein’s island or other properties which were not possible to leave immediately. Under such circumstances, there was an implicit threat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Argus said:

Okay, but I've seen stories on that. Girls are promised jobs, say, then they're locked up in a dank hellhole, their papers removed, they're raped, beaten and threatened. No one has even suggested anything like that happened here. The only threat I ever heard of was a threat to make them leave.

We need the death penalty here.

Fentanyl traffickers and human traffickers need to go. 

IMO just making something a minimum 5-year sentence is like legalizing it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

It’s notable now that Harvard failed to consider Epstein’s history of outlandishly fraudulent financial deals, never mind the rumours of ‘girlfriends’ on the younger side, before pocketing millions and, even more preposterously, appointing him as a Visiting Fellow. Worse than that, he was allowed to continue an official association with the institution long after his conviction. I know I shouldn’t be naive about these things but I remain surprised by what a mega-rich psychopath could get away with at America’s, and the world’s, leading university. After considering this case, one might conclude that all the warehouses of worthy SOPs on appropriate behaviour are applied in a fashion inversely proportional to one’s wealth. But that is not the case. Right? 

Since the vast majority of US "universities" are actually athletic teams with a handful of academics fronting for them to appear to be in the "learning" business, I am afraid I don't really take anything they do or say very seriously.  SInce outside of a few MDs Harvard pumps out the petitfogging ambulance chasers and MBAs who CAUSE 99% of our economic problems, I take anything they say with a HUGE grain (make that a large sack) of salt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2020 at 3:17 PM, cannuck said:

Since the vast majority of US "universities" are actually athletic teams with a handful of academics fronting for them to appear to be in the "learning" business, I am afraid I don't really take anything they do or say very seriously.  SInce outside of a few MDs Harvard pumps out the petitfogging ambulance chasers and MBAs who CAUSE 99% of our economic problems, I take anything they say with a HUGE grain (make that a large sack) of salt. 

In fairness, Harvard is a world leader in darn near any academic field one would care to mention. Hordes of Nobel Laureates hail from there and even some of the drop-outs excel, e.g. BillG and that awful social network guy. 

The question remains; why wasn’t Epstein ‘cancelled’ long before some honest academic simply expressing their opinion? 

 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Randy Andy could easily have been in line to be our next head of state. In our system we still seem to hope that the Mother Country will sort all this out for us. Let’s face it - we were lucky with QEII. When it comes to monarchs females should be favoured over the lads: greater longevity and fewer scandals. Sexual affairs, when they occur, are usually age appropriate and being ‘massaged’ by young strangers isn’t a story we have to fear emerging from the woodwork. Long before social media and 24/7 news emerged, male royals were being ridiculed for their behaviour. Here's a quote from Joyce's Ulysses about Edward VII:

Quote

—Well, says J. J. We have Edward the peacemaker now.

—Tell that to a fool, says the citizen. There’s a bloody sight more pox than pax about that boyo. Edward Guelph-Wettin!

—And what do you think, says Joe, of the holy boys, the priests and bishops of Ireland doing up his room in Maynooth in His Satanic Majesty’s racing colours and sticking up pictures of all the horses his jockeys rode. The earl of Dublin, no less.

—They ought to have stuck up all the women he rode himself, says little Alf.

And says J. J.:

—Considerations of space influenced their lordships’ decision.

 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...