Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums
QuebecOverCanada

200 Muslim students exempted from sex education in Québec

Recommended Posts

On 2/1/2020 at 10:28 AM, bcsapper said:

Yes.  I'd prefer Jean Luc!

Edit> I'm curious now.  What would you suggest, beyond the aforementioned "individual's personal choice of action", be done about it?

Well, the Brits who actually live there seem to feel differently. Thus Brexit. As to what's to be done, I would suggest limiting the number of Frenchmen coming to live there at any given point of time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Argus said:

Well, the Brits who actually live there seem to feel differently. Thus Brexit. As to what's to be done, I would suggest limiting the number of Frenchmen coming to live there at any given point of time.

The Brits who live there have seen their country change dramatically over the past fifty years, to a state where it would be unrecognizable to their grandparents.  It's inevitable and there's not much point in complaining about it.  Same with anywhere else on the planet it happens.

Brexit was just a knee jerk reaction from a population that has always felt separate from and superior to (fair enough) the rest of the continent, to European (perceived) meddling simply because they could, (thanks a lot, Cameron, you indescribable tosser) and they believed the lies. 

But like I said in another post, I'm not going to dwell on it.  I have access to Europe by other means if I need it, and the UK I knew is gone anyway, so any further changes will not bother me.

Edited by bcsapper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

But like I said in another post, I'm not going to dwell on it.  I have access to Europe by other means if I need it, and the UK I knew is gone anyway, so any further changes will not bother me.

Well, I have no need of access to Europe through another means and the Canada I knew isn't altogether gone, so I'd just as soon continue to resist mass immigration here.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Argus said:

Well, I have no need of access to Europe through another means and the Canada I knew isn't altogether gone, so I'd just as soon continue to resist mass immigration here.

I understand, but I don't think it's going to matter.  As I think I said earlier, or maybe in another thread, my wife's Vancouver is gone.  I'm sure her peer's Toronto is no more.  It's inevitable. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2020 at 7:02 PM, bcsapper said:

I understand, but I don't think it's going to matter.  As I think I said earlier, or maybe in another thread, my wife's Vancouver is gone.  I'm sure her peer's Toronto is no more.  It's inevitable. 

 

Diversity is our strength. And it is killing the country. Immigration needs to change who comes here. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2020 at 9:46 AM, Michael Hardner said:

Sex education is more of a health issue.   I don't think parents should be given the opportunity to opt out of the basic information.  Banning religious education isn't politically viable, at a minimum.

What country do you really want to live in? Canada or the rest of the world? If a new immigrant comes to Canada they should begin the process of becoming Canadian. They must leave their past behind them. But instead, your dear leaders have been trying to change Canada for decades now from what it once was, a melting pot, and now want to turn Canada into a multicultural hodge-podge pot where no new immigrants need apply to become Canadian. Just get here and we will help you keep your many multicultural languages, religions and traditions. Is that the kind of Canada that you want? Yes/no? I know what i want. I want my dam country back. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PIK said:

Diversity is our strength. And it is killing the country. Immigration needs to change who comes here. 

Why ?  This is Doug Ford's base - he got elected and got the vote from these groups based on his sex education policy.

What's more Canadian than Doug Ford ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2020 at 4:02 PM, bcsapper said:

I understand, but I don't think it's going to matter.  As I think I said earlier, or maybe in another thread, my wife's Vancouver is gone.  I'm sure her peer's Toronto is no more.  It's inevitable. 

 

The population of Vancouver is now approx. 45% non-white. The city of Richmond, BC is just about gone. The majority of the population in Richmond is now at approx. 65% Asian. Driving thru Richmond, one would think that they are driving thru some Asian city in China. The non British/European population of BC is now at approx 30%.and going up every year. If this is supposed to be what multiculturalism and diversity is all about, boy, the British/European people of Canada are in big time trouble ahead. They better start to wake up soon or else they will wake up one day and will probably ask themselves, where did the Canada I grew up in go. Some will call what I said here racism, but I would prefer to call it an instinct to survive as a people. The old Canada cannot be expected to survive if we the British/European people just sit back and watch it disappear right before their very eyes. With millions more new immigrants coming from foreign countries we as a people will die off. It's getting down to a do or die situation now. Believe it or not. :unsure:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, taxme said:

The population of Vancouver is now approx. 45% non-white. The city of Richmond, BC is just about gone. The majority of the population in Richmond is now at approx. 65% Asian. Driving thru Richmond, one would think that they are driving thru some Asian city in China. The non British/European population of BC is now at approx 30%.and going up every year. If this is supposed to be what multiculturalism and diversity is all about, boy, the British/European people of Canada are in big time trouble ahead. They better start to wake up soon or else they will wake up one day and will probably ask themselves, where did the Canada I grew up in go. Some will call what I said here racism, but I would prefer to call it an instinct to survive as a people. The old Canada cannot be expected to survive if we the British/European people just sit back and watch it disappear right before their very eyes. With millions more new immigrants coming from foreign countries we as a people will die off. It's getting down to a do or die situation now. Believe it or not. :unsure:

Multiculturalism and diversity only matter to woke white liberals.  Nobody else gives a toss.  Certainly not people from any non white country.  That said, who cares, as long as you're not required to change? 

I lived in the Lower Mainland for twenty two years, many of them in Steveston, in Richmond.  I'm related by marriage to Asians from that area.  If you were blind, you wouldn't know anyone was different from anyone else.   The loudest voice that ever tried to get me into Ice Hockey was Chinese.  I wasn't buying it, but it sure pegged him as more Canadian than me.

The only reason to worry about immigration is when people want a country to change for the worse to suit them, when they come in.  I know that can happen with some immigrants.  Usually it has to do with religion.  I would be against that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, taxme said:

The population of Vancouver is now approx. 45% non-white. The city of Richmond, BC is just about gone. The majority of the population in Richmond is now at approx. 65% Asian. Driving thru Richmond, one would think that they are driving thru some Asian city in China. The non British/European population of BC is now at approx 30%.and going up every year. If this is supposed to be what multiculturalism and diversity is all about, boy, the British/European people of Canada are in big time trouble ahead. They better start to wake up soon or else they will wake up one day and will probably ask themselves, where did the Canada I grew up in go. Some will call what I said here racism, but I would prefer to call it an instinct to survive as a people. The old Canada cannot be expected to survive if we the British/European people just sit back and watch it disappear right before their very eyes. With millions more new immigrants coming from foreign countries we as a people will die off. It's getting down to a do or die situation now. Believe it or not. :unsure:

You say "non-white", and then you contrast that with "British/European".

And then you say "With millions more new immigrants coming from foreign countries we as a people will die off." 

Many British/European people and Canadians are "non-white". 

So who is "we as a people" All Canadians? White Canadians?? 

If you mean white people, please say so for clarity, and to avoid such ridiculous contortions of language. 

And of course, you need to clarify what you propose for immigration policy:

Only white people, as it seems?

Would you include white Muslims?  

Atheists? 

Nordic countries & Russia? 

I need clarification on how you would define your preferred immigrants, and where you would find them. 

What "foreign countries"?

Edited by jacee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Once again, Conservatives seem to hate religion unless it's theirs.

I wouldn't know, being neither conservative nor religious.  Myself, I just have contempt for those that seek to control others.  I have no feelings whatsoever for any that don't.

Edited by bcsapper
Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction - Blaise Pascal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

Once again, Conservatives seem to hate religion unless it's theirs.

Once again, Progressives seem to have a deep and abiding respect and reverence for all religions other than Christianity.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jacee said:

You say "non-white", and then you contrast that with "British/European".

And then you say "With millions more new immigrants coming from foreign countries we as a people will die off." 

Many British/European people and Canadians are "non-white".

Actually, almost none. Certainly not in Canada.

More than 68.8% of Canadian visible minority population are foreign-born, 27.7% are children of immigrants. Less than 4% are third-generation or beyond. Less than 3,000 Canadians are third-generation and visible minority and over 75 years old, they are mainly Black Nova Scotians.   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visible_minority

Quote

So who is "we as a people" All Canadians? White Canadians??

Why would you even need to ask such an inane question? Who is we as a people? Canadians. You people on the far left express absolute adoration, reverence and respect for the cultures of every foreign group you can find, not to mention natives. But when it comes to Canada you do nothing but mock and deride the very idea we even have one. Your idiot leader even denies Canada is a nation at all, or that it has any 'core identity'. Needless to say he'd never say that about Quebec! Quebec's culture and values must be protected at all costs!

But the rest of Canada? Screw it! Nothing there to see! Nothing there worth protecting! Their traditions, institutions, values and culture are nothing but that of the OPPRESSORS!

 

Edited by Argus
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Once again, Conservatives seem to hate religion unless it's theirs.

And you hate religion unless it's Islam.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Once again, Conservatives seem to hate religion unless it's theirs.

As usual you appear to have a problem with speaking before you thinking. It is liberalism, socialism and communism that despise all religions period. Those mentioned have no love for any religion, especially Christianity. If you ever pay all that much attention to anything, it is the Christian religion that is always attacked and mocked and made fun of in zionist Hollyweird. Even the Islamic religion despises all other religions. They are all considered infidels, and need to be eradicated off the face of the earth. But you would never dare call the Islamic religion a hateful religion, now would you? You appear to really have a problem with Conservatives and Christians. I guess that is because you are not all that crazy about those two, eh?  Just asking. 

So, just where is your proof that Conservatives hate other religions? Now think before you speak! ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, bcsapper said:

Multiculturalism and diversity only matter to woke white liberals.  Nobody else gives a toss.  Certainly not people from any non white country.  That said, who cares, as long as you're not required to change? 

I lived in the Lower Mainland for twenty two years, many of them in Steveston, in Richmond.  I'm related by marriage to Asians from that area.  If you were blind, you wouldn't know anyone was different from anyone else.   The loudest voice that ever tried to get me into Ice Hockey was Chinese.  I wasn't buying it, but it sure pegged him as more Canadian than me.

The only reason to worry about immigration is when people want a country to change for the worse to suit them, when they come in.  I know that can happen with some immigrants.  Usually it has to do with religion.  I would be against that.

It is those woke white leftist liberals that are doing a fine job of trying to wreck a once great British/European country and it's culture. Those two programs and agendas alone have not done one dam thing to try and help make Canada all that great. It is more like those two have caused more confusion and division. Even your dear feminist leader believes that there is now no dominant culture or religion in Canada anymore, although the french language and culture must be protected at all costs. But the English language and culture can pretty much now take second place in Canada. And the 70% of the french employees working for the federal government in da Canada will work hard to try and keep it that way.  

The Islamic religion appears to be the one and only religion that is being promoted and protected in Canada. When a foreign religion like the Muslim religion can move into Canada and pretty much demand that we all must accept their religion and it's archaic beliefs and doctrines and give in to their many demands, like prayer rooms in schools or get exempted from sex education in Quebec schools, while other people's children of other religions must attend sex classes is just going a bit too far. What happened to their right to their freedoms to choose also?  :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, jacee said:

You say "non-white", and then you contrast that with "British/European".

And then you say "With millions more new immigrants coming from foreign countries we as a people will die off." 

Many British/European people and Canadians are "non-white". 

So who is "we as a people" All Canadians? White Canadians?? 

If you mean white people, please say so for clarity, and to avoid such ridiculous contortions of language. 

And of course, you need to clarify what you propose for immigration policy:

Only white people, as it seems?

Would you include white Muslims?  

Atheists? 

Nordic countries & Russia? 

I need clarification on how you would define your preferred immigrants, and where you would find them. 

What "foreign countries"?

What I am trying to get thru people's heads here, like yours, is that we should be going back to the old immigration policy days when Canada brought in most of it's new immigrants from white countries and whom were mostly white. I say that because that has now changed and the makeup of this white country is slowly being replaced by too many foreign non-white languages, cultures and religions that if allowed to continue on will eventually make white people in Canada fall into a minority status situation in their own white country.

What I am saying here is not that we should not be taking in non-white people but just a lot less of them. When pretty much 80% of our new immigrants are coming from non-white countries, that should be a worry and a warning for the white British/European people of Canada to wake up very soon. I know that there are people like you who like to see this as just another rant of racism but that it not the case at all. That is all in yours and other people's liberal dreams. The white people have a right to exist as the majority in their own white homeland, rather than eventually becoming a minority in their own white country. I cannot be that much clearer about it. I hope this satisfies you and answers all your questions. If not, too bad for you. I get most of my source of information I mentioned above from websites like the "Council of European Canadians". Try checking it out sometime. It will not bite you. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Shady said:

And you hate religion unless it's Islam.

Again... people love to ascribe motives to other.  Notice I didn't say "on the right".  I think it's a general problem.

 

No, I love religion Shady.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 3:45 PM, taxme said:

What country do you really want to live in? Canada or the rest of the world? If a new immigrant comes to Canada they should begin the process of becoming Canadian. They must leave their past behind them. But instead, your dear leaders have been trying to change Canada for decades now from what it once was, a melting pot, and now want to turn Canada into a multicultural hodge-podge pot where no new immigrants need apply to become Canadian. Just get here and we will help you keep your many multicultural languages, religions and traditions. Is that the kind of Canada that you want? Yes/no? I know what i want. I want my dam country back. ;)

Your comments have zero credibility as you made it clear on this forum in past posts you are a racist, i.e., you believe only a specific designated narrow circle of what you call Caucasians with characteristics you assign them should be allowed in Canada.  Your version of what a Canadian is, simpy reflects your own racist views. Damn is spelled with an n. Thanks for your valuable contribution. It was dam pointless.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Again... people love to ascribe motives to other.  Notice I didn't say "on the right".  I think it's a general problem.

 

No, I love religion Shady.

In all fairness you have never defended any one using Islam or any religion to justify intolerance. In fact I rely on your moderation because my prostate makes me cranky some days when it comes to tolerating certain beliefs. It aint easy being balanced and moderate. You make it look easy some days though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Rue said:

You make it look easy some days though.

Moderation being a descriptor of my character, I happily accept your kind compliment.

 

I was brought up in a house that was exceedingly liberal, Liberal, catholic and Catholic.  But imagine my surprise when I discovered that our traditions of questioning were anomalous and more in line with the medresh.

 

Well, it helps to think of yourself as a small part of a larger thing but also accountability after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

 

Well, it helps to think of yourself as a small part of a larger thing but also accountability after all.

Yah it does. A small part of a larger thing is just what some call humility . Egos man. They make some people very driven and successful and others delusional  based on the same words they suck out of a religious book or work. I get why people are fed up with fundamentalist rigid religions I truly do starting with me but I also think we get as fundamental and rigid in our opposition to fundamentalism and extremism. It is what it is. Extremism can incite extreme reaction. which is what many extremists of course want- polarized conflict.

Knowing when to ignore a target or having to take it out aint a decision that comes lightly.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rue said:

Yah it does. A small part of a larger thing is just what some call humility . Egos man. They make some people very driven and successful and others delusional  based on the same words they suck out of a religious book or work. I get why people are fed up with fundamentalist rigid religions I truly do starting with me but I also think we get as fundamental and rigid in our opposition to fundamentalism and extremism. It is what it is. Extremism can incite extreme reaction. which is what many extremists of course want- polarized conflict.

Knowing when to ignore a target or having to take it out aint a decision that comes lightly.

I never considered opposition to evil done in the name of a supernatural being to be extreme.  It isn't "what it is", in any way, shape or form whatsoever. 

It's not extreme to rail against mistreatment even unto incarceration and death for those who disagree with some ridiculous book, and the interpretation of it by your said egos.  It's human, and decent, to despise those who would impose their religious views on others.

And, of course, it's perfectly okay to be open about one's disdain.  No matter who it upsets.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...