Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Argus

Cop convicted by idiot judge because native meth head dies

Recommended Posts

A bleeding heart judge convicted a police officer in London the other day of criminal negligence causing death because a meth-head he had arrested wasn't given medical aid. Bear in mind the meth-head had refused medical treatment earlier. Also bear in mind how busy the first responders are. If the cop calls an ambulance then the cop has to be taken out of service for however long it takes to have the meth-head treated by ER. The paramedics in the ambulance also have to be taken out of service for however long it takes for the overcrowded ER staff to take responsibility for her. In Ottawa, that is trending on towards 2 hrs or more. Also, while I'm not sure how overloaded London's ERs and ambulances are, Ottawa's are horribly overloaded. We have many days in Ottawa where no ambulances are available for use because all of them are either answering calls, or stuck in ER waiting to turn patients over to the overloaded doctors.

The certain results of this will be that every time a cop picks up a meth-head they will call an ambulance to take them to ER. That means good luck calling paramedics when you have a heart attack. You'd be better off calling a cab. The ambulances will all be full of drug addicts.

Now according to the evidence the meth-head's native status had zero to do with this case. But this is a Canadian judge, steeped in the outrage of social justice before she even left law school, so she had to, of course, introduce that in her findings anyway.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-london-police-officers-conviction-in-death-of-indigenous-woman-puts/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was because the cop reported her as "medically cleared" but a paramedic had just looked in through the window. It was on the previous day that she had refused medical aid.

I'm sure that there must be video evidence of what condition she was in when she was brought in. That would be the key to understanding this case imo. If she was angry and uncooperative I would side with the officer, if she was unresponsive then there's not much doubt that he's a murderer. Chances are that it's somewhere in the grey area. If there was a lot of evidence that he wasn't guilty I'm sure we'd hear about it.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

It was because the cop reported her as "medically cleared" but a paramedic had just looked in through the window. It was on the previous day that she had refused medical aid.

I'm sure that there must be video evidence of what condition she was in when she was brought in. That would be the key to understanding this case imo. If she was angry and uncooperative I would side with the officer, if she was unresponsive then there's not much doubt that he's a murderer. Chances are that it's somewhere in the grey area. If there was a lot of evidence that he wasn't guilty I'm sure we'd hear about it.

So now cops don't just have to be social workers but doctors too? As I said in the OP, the absolutely certain result of this is that all the ambulances in Ontario are suddenly going to be filled with drug addicts as cops seek to avoid being charged with a similar crime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Argus said:

So now cops don't just have to be social workers but doctors too? As I said in the OP, the absolutely certain result of this is that all the ambulances in Ontario are suddenly going to be filled with drug addicts as cops seek to avoid being charged with a similar crime.

Maybe they should just staff the jails with a paramedic (if they are qualified to do that), especially during peak times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Maybe they should just staff the jails with a paramedic (if they are qualified to do that), especially during peak times. 

Not good enough. This prisoner was being transported to a jail. And was removed to hospital twenty minutes after her arrival.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Argus said:

Not good enough. This prisoner was being transported to a jail. And was removed to hospital twenty minutes after her arrival.

He's going to jail because she was there for 20 minutes? Was she already having a heart attack at that time? Did he have to carry her into the station? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

He's going to jail because she was there for 20 minutes? Was she already having a heart attack at that time? Did he have to carry her into the station? 

You didn't read the cite? :huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Argus said:

You didn't read the cite? :huh:

They dragged her in and left her there for 20 minutes. Jail is a really good place for him. If that was one of our family members that they dragged in and left to die we'd hope he was convicted too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

They dragged her in and left her there for 20 minutes. Jail is a really good place for him. If that was one of our family members that they dragged in and left to die we'd hope he was convicted too. 

Uhm... that was the OPP. He was the guy who delivered her to the OPP.

And btw, the OPP have not even been charged.

Edited by Argus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First responders see so many drug addicts in various stages of overdose and the same ones for that matter that they due become desensitized to it. Some times that does raise questions in communities with high rates of drug addiction and overdose and that desensitization is thought to be caused by racist attitudes when it may not be the ethnicity but the constant exposure to the same group with the same problem and then becoming used to it that causes the perceived complacency. Its difficult to say.  Police are not paramedics no but they sure as hell are social workers. They are most often the first responders to od's and especially domestic violence. They talk down people from violence, defuse violence, mediate, counsel people-its part of their job to be social workers and they will tell you it is. However yes they are not supposed to be paramedics now and they are limited in what first aid they can provide depending on the police force and the response time of paramedics and fire. The concept is that a paramedic or fireman is more trained in certain procedures than police so less likely to expose the city or province to  liability. They have been told to back off with certain things to avoid exposing their cities to claims. 

That said I do think though West raised some key issues that are race are colour blind and ask the kinds of questions the public has the right to know about and Judges may feel required to protect society against. 

 

Edited by Rue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, PPC2019 said:

Native Meth head LoL

Wait don't tell me your favourite teams are the Washington Redskins and Cleveland Indians.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rue said:

Wait don't tell me your favourite teams are the Washington Redskins and Cleveland Indians.

Where did they get the money for Meth? I thought that stuff was expensive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rue said:

First responders see so many drug addicts in various stages of overdose and the same ones for that matter that they due become desensitized to it. Some times that does raise questions in communities with high rates of drug addiction and overdose and that desensitization is thought to be caused by racist attitudes when it may not be the ethnicity but the constant exposure to the same group with the same problem and then becoming used to it that causes the perceived complacency. Its difficult to say.  Police are not paramedics no but they sure as hell are social workers. They are most often the first responders to od's and especially domestic violence. They talk down people from violence, defuse violence, mediate, counsel people-its part of their job to be social workers and they will tell you it is. However yes they are not supposed to be paramedics now and they are limited in what first aid they can provide depending on the police force and the response time of paramedics and fire. The concept is that a paramedic or fireman is more trained in certain procedures than police so less likely to expose the city or province to  liability. They have been told to back off with certain things to avoid exposing their cities to claims. 

That said I do think though West raised some key issues that are race are colour blind and ask the kinds of questions the public has the right to know about and Judges may feel required to protect society against. 

 

We could also get tough on drugs, like Singapore and smash them with a Cane. It's brutally painful, but it might be a good deterrent and save lives. It might be cost effective too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PPC2019 said:

We could also get tough on drugs, like Singapore and smash them with a Cane. It's brutally painful, but it might be a good deterrent and save lives. It might be cost effective too.

This is Canada.  We'd use hockey sticks or curling brooms.  :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PPC2019 said:

We could also get tough on drugs, like Singapore and smash them with a Cane. It's brutally painful, but it might be a good deterrent and save lives. It might be cost effective too.

If you want to really get tough on drugs, legalize and control them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

If you want to really get tough on drugs, legalize and control them.

I'm sure that's what the cultural-marxists want. More dead brain cells to manipulate and control. I ain't gonna let them feel legitimate. It ain't gonna give them wind under their sails.

Real patriot have no tolerance for drug culture.

Edited by PPC2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PPC2019 said:

I'm sure that's what the cultural-Marxists want. More dead brain cells to manipulate and control. I ain't gonna let them feel legitimate. It ain't gonna give them and wind under their sails.

Real patriot don't promote drug culture.

Well, I never said I was a patriot, real or otherwise.  I'm just not dumb enough to believe in the "war on drugs".

But you go ahead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Well, I never said I was a patriot, real or otherwise.  I'm just not dumb enough to believe in the "war on drugs".

But you go ahead.

There is no war on drugs in Singapore. They use deterrence, it saves billions of dollars. Only 5 or 10 people get hanged a year.

How many thousands of people die from Opioid deaths in Canada?

For every person you hang, you could be saving hundreds of lives.

It's a cost effective. As a fiscal-conservative I think we could learn a thing or two from Singapore.

 

If you want to get rid of drug culture in Canada, you Hang the Dealers, and Cane the Junkies.

Edited by PPC2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PPC2019 said:

There is no war on drugs in Singapore. They use deterrence, it saves billions of dollars. Only 5 or 10 people get hanged a year.

How many thousands of people die from Opioid deaths in Canada?

For every person you hang, you could be saving hundreds of lives.

It's a cost effective. As a fiscal-conservative I think we could learn a thing or two from Singapore.

Or we could do like the Phillipines, and shoot people we think might be dealing drugs...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Or we could do like the Phillipines, and shoot people we think might be dealing drugs...

I prefer hanging because it's more symbolic. It sends a stronger message.

 

27.jpg

Edited by PPC2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, PPC2019 said:

Where did they get the money for Meth? I thought that stuff was expensive.

Its not and its the same place any drug addict gets their crap from. Most people in jail are there for crimes under 5,000 bucks to feed drug habits. Aboriginals represent over 80% of the prisoners in our jails the vast majority with crimes  under 5,000 related to alcohol and drug addiction.  That when added to epidemic mass suicide levels of children and teens in aboriginal communities indicates a clear social issue. From what I have seen in the courts drug addiction puts a strain on police, medics, firefighters, all first responders, i.e., social workers, doctors, nurses. I will just say its a battle and  that while it has a particular meaning in aboriginal communities has a related meaning in the rest of our country.  For me I witness it as a spiritual disease, a  maladaption by people who can not adjust. Some argue it is  natural evolution of the survival of the fittest and dying off of the weakest others have more compassionate theories. Me personally I got no use for people who piss on or light on fire passed out druggies or boozers. I prefer to spend my time telling the people on the front lines I appreciate what they are doing because someone has to if not for the love of God, the sake of  human decency.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, PPC2019 said:

I prefer hanging because it's more symbolic. It sends a stronger message.

 

27.jpg

That is one way to avoid the problem yes. See no evil it no longer exists. I appreciate you want them for target practice. Got news for you, as much as you kill them, rats never go away. They just evolve and get stronger

You might want to try get rid of the source of their food.One other thing not that you would know. Under the right circumstances rats are actually clean, affectionate, loyal, and help save thousands of lives a year.  Hey some people fill them full of rice and eat them. They are low in cholesterol. Guess it all depends on your perspective.

Edited by Rue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...