Political Discussion Forums
marcus

Majority of Canadians are in favour of our current immigration system

3 hours ago, dialamah said:

A little civil disobedience is not a bad thing, imo, particularly when it comes to important issues like climate change - the protesters call themselves "Extinction Rebellion" for a reason you know.   

I personally think that those climate change brainwashed fools are nothing more than a bunch of globalist radical ecological terrorists and troublemakers. I will bet you that 99% of them would never give up the lifestyle that they live and have come to enjoy all their lives by getting rid of all of their fossil fuel materialistic things that they have and use around their house, nor will they ever get rid of their polluting vehicles. All the vehicles that I see being driven around on the roads by the tens of thousands are being driven by people who no doubt could careless about climate change. I am pretty sure that all those climate change believers that are driving around out there will never practice what they preach and get rid of their vehicles. The world is full of hypocrites, and Canada has it's share of them. ;)  

I was watching a video on Youtube last night on climate change, and the question that came up was, does anyone who drives a battery powered vehicle ever realize as to where the energy comes from to power up those car battery chargers that they plug their car batteries into? Probably not. Well, apparently, those charging units run on and use fossil fuels. Wow, I did not know that? Who would have thought, eh? Interesting indeed, eh? ;)

14 hours ago, marcus said:

Those brown people eh?

From your own article, you scared little person:

And, though Brampton may seem worse than other cities in regards to crime, that may not be the case.

According to Statistics Canada, Peel's violent crime rate is at a rate of 620 per 100,000; however, this falls below the provincial rate of 899 and the national rate of 1,144. Peel continues to show a violent crime rate below a number of other Canadian cities including Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton, Calgary, Vancouver and Edmonton.   

Toronto's Most Wanted. Check it out Marcus. Black on Black or Brown on Brown crime is a real issue. Disagree with that and your not living in the real world. 

11 hours ago, Cannucklehead said:

Lol I grew up in Malton, a stones throw from Brampton.  Believe me, nothings changed. 

Scarborough has changed big time. Where I used to visit as a kid has totally gone down. Lots of crime. 

1 hour ago, Teena said:

Scarborough has changed big time. Where I used to visit as a kid has totally gone down. Lots of crime. 

That's what happens when we let little thugs from the third world into Canada.

16 hours ago, marcus said:

You should check the dates of your articles and surveys:

image.thumb.png.d719d2d5eb7c1a5401f713371d045ac1.png

November 2018.

The survey in the OP is from October of 2019, right in the middle of the elections. The results show why the party with immigration as its central issue won 0 seats and very little support countrywide. 

I think you're lazy by not paying attention to what you're sharing and reading.

your right Marcus I was lazy, but I think you cherry picked your poll....you found one poll that was in line with your argument... but is one poll enough....

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canadians-favour-limiting-immigration-1.5177814 (June 2019)

63% want government to limit immigration and Minister Ahmed Hussen says he's concerned by the trend

http://charlatan.ca/2019/10/immigration-and-canadas-election-2019/ ( oct 2019)

39 per cent think they’re just right, and 40 per cent think that they’re too high. 

6 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

your right Marcus I was lazy, but I think you cherry picked your poll....you found one poll that was in line with your argument... but is one poll enough....

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canadians-favour-limiting-immigration-1.5177814 (June 2019)

63% want government to limit immigration and Minister Ahmed Hussen says he's concerned by the trend

http://charlatan.ca/2019/10/immigration-and-canadas-election-2019/ ( oct 2019)

39 per cent think they’re just right, and 40 per cent think that they’re too high. 

I'm a little disappointed you voted conservative. I changed my vote because of your convictions for the PPC.

5 hours ago, dialamah said:

A little civil disobedience is not a bad thing, imo, particularly when it comes to important issues like climate change - the protesters call themselves "Extinction Rebellion" for a reason you know.   

WTF is blocking traffic going to do?  Everyone knows about climate change already.  Go protest politicians or polluting companies or something.  Extinction Rebellion were also preventing people from using the subway trains in UK, which is one of the most eco friendly ways to get to work, what dumbasses.  Commuters dragged them off.

1 minute ago, Moonlight Graham said:

WTF is blocking traffic going to do?  Everyone knows about climate change already.  Go protest politicians or polluting companies or something.  Extinction Rebellion were also preventing people from using the subway trains in UK, which is one of the most eco friendly ways to get to work, what dumbasses.  Commuters dragged them off.

I told extinction Rebellion to worry about overpopulation in India, and they said fighting Alberta oil is more important. I said, well I guess you're not really interested in saving the planet, are ya?

7 minutes ago, PPC2019 said:

I'm a little disappointed you voted conservative. I changed my vote because of your convictions for the PPC.

Sorry to let you down, I live in Fredericton NB , where the green party has elected, that should tell you everything..... the PPC party here picked up very little votes, I voted conservative to help to keep the liberals out of town. Who knew that everyone else was voting for the greens...… Had the PPC had a chance I would of voted for them. 

13 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Sorry to let you down, I live in Fredericton NB , where the green party has elected, that should tell you everything..... the PPC party here picked up very little votes, I voted conservative to help to keep the liberals out of town. Who knew that everyone else was voting for the greens...… Had the PPC had a chance I would of voted for them. 

But we knew the PPC had no chance. The purpose was to send a message. It was a patriotic vote of resistance.

You know what did it for me in the end? I told myself if I split the vote, I still never voted liberal. The only people that are on the wrong side of history, are the ones who vote for the corrupt politicians, and not the ones who vote for who they truly believe in.

I said, No matter what happens the only ones to blame are the idiots who vote for Justin.

I also voted for them, to give them a moral boost, and some legitimacy.... See if the conservatives continue to sell out, I want a new party even better than the PPC to show up at the debates, and remind them of where they're going wrong.

Edited by PPC2019

2 hours ago, taxme said:

I personally think that those climate change brainwashed fools are nothing more than a bunch of globalist radical ecological terrorists and troublemakers. I will bet you that 99% of them would never give up the lifestyle that they live and have come to enjoy all their lives by getting rid of all of their fossil fuel materialistic things that they have and use around their house, nor will they ever get rid of their polluting vehicles. All the vehicles that I see being driven around on the roads by the tens of thousands are being driven by people who no doubt could careless about climate change. I am pretty sure that all those climate change believers that are driving around out there will never practice what they preach and get rid of their vehicles. The world is full of hypocrites, and Canada has it's share of them. ;)  

I was watching a video on Youtube last night on climate change, and the question that came up was, does anyone who drives a battery powered vehicle ever realize as to where the energy comes from to power up those car battery chargers that they plug their car batteries into? Probably not. Well, apparently, those charging units run on and use fossil fuels. Wow, I did not know that? Who would have thought, eh? Interesting indeed, eh? ;)

If we gradually reduce the population, we won't have a problem. Less people with more resources to share. It will improve the GDP per capita. It reduces the tension between capitalism and the environment, so we can enjoy both. It makes sense to me.

27 minutes ago, Argus said:

Maybe we should just call it as it is... Third World Trash... This never happens whites. The worst motorcycle gangs won't hold a knife to 3 year just to get some leverage. Anyways... I say we bring back the death penalty.

If I was made dictator, he would be hung in downtown Edmonton for using a child as a hostage, and attempted murder.

I'm sure 1867 Canada would do such a thing.

Edited by PPC2019
  • Like 1

I have difficulty in believing the survey results that the majority of Canadians are in favor of current immigration system. I am not sure it is an unbiased survey. Or maybe the majority of respondents were scared of being accused of racism if they opposed (current) immigration. Something is not right here. The current system does not take adaptability into account as much as it should and people of many cultures not compatible to Western democracy are being brought into Canada. Canada's Western democratic system is in danger when these immigrants form a large portion of population (not necessarily a majority as they don't respect a majority rule). Before you accuse me of being anti-immigrant know the fact that I am an immigrant myself but I love Canada and care about its future and I am not happy with the current immigration system as I see the future of this great western democracy is in danger of being swamped with other cultures who do not respect Canadian values.

Once we are on the subject we should bring in more immigrants like this.

https://torontosun.com/news/world/beauty-queen-begs-canada-for-asylum-fearing-torture-in-iran

Immigrants.refugees should be screened out and accepted based on adaptability (respecting Western values and democracy and respect for women and equality) and potential for future positive contributions (education, assets.....) NOT regional (like banning everyone from Middle East) or Racial (like Europeans only) as a few are calling for. 

44 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Immigrants.refugees should be screened out and accepted based on adaptability (respecting Western values and democracy and respect for women and equality) and potential for future positive contributions (education, assets.....) NOT regional (like banning everyone from Middle East) or Racial (like Europeans only) as a few are calling for. 

I use to think like you do, but I live in an area of Toronto that is about 85% non white.  I continue to meet natives from Northern reserves... and they don't have a clue... They think white people run the country, and that white people owe them reconciliation.

What i Feel like saying is, if you don't want Canada turning into Somalia, than white people are your biggest allies. Do you think the third world immigrants care about the poverty on the reserves. If they are trying to push the white people out, you're at the bottom of their priority list.

So I think we're going to be forced to become racist, if we don't want white people to go extinct... The only country that is truly trying to save the white race is Russia, very few immigrants want to move their... because Vladimir Putin is no fool... He won't create a welfare state for them.

Justin Trudeau will smile on Camera beside a Terrorist, and brag about how generous Canada is with a $10 million cheque. He does that, while our White brothers in Alberta commit suicide, because they don't have jobs.

I don't have any hatred towards someone with brown skin... but Canada accepts to much of them.... If we don't wake up... white people will be close to extinction by the end of the century.

17.jpg

The immigrants aren't the problem, it's the Canadian born white people, especially white politicians, white public school teachers and white university professors, who more often support central planning as the solution to every problem, the immigrants much less so. It mostly white people who most approve of high levels of immigration as well.

Displaced anger is a helluva drug. 

Edited by Yzermandius19

10 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

The immigrants aren't the problem, it's the Canadian born white people, especially white politicians, white public school teachers and white university professors, who more often support central planning as the solution to every problem, the immigrants much less so. It mostly white people who most approve of high levels of immigration as well.

There was a poll recently which said 40% of Canadians believe too many non-white people are immigrating to Canada. The interesting thing about the poll was that the non-white people who responded to it were MORE not LESS likely to believe that.

https://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/why-race-and-immigration-are-a-gathering-storm-in-canadian-politics/

On 11/7/2019 at 9:06 PM, Teena said:

Well said Argus! Crime and poverty increasing in Canada. 

The crime in Brampton, Ontario -

Brampton

“Browntown,” “Bramladesh”or “Singhdale” – is just like the nicknames imply: mostly brown. On our street of new semi-detached houses, I see brown and black families, mostly immigrants.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/toronto/brampton-a-story-of-political-importance-power-and-ethnic-enclaves/article30273820/

Here's Why Violent Crime Is On The Rise in Brampton :

https://www.inbrampton.com/heres-why-violent-crime-is-on-the-rise-in-brampton

There's a lot of Jamaicans in Brampton too.  Many fatherless from single mothers who got themselves knocked up and don't even have the father listed on the birth certificate.  That doesn't happen with south asians, they also almost never get divorced either, for good or bad.  Not to say south asians aren't involved in their share of crime.

Edited by Moonlight Graham

10 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

There's a lot of Jamaicans in Brampton too.  Many fatherless from single mothers who got themselves knocked up and don't even have the father listed on the birth certificate.  That doesn't happen with south asians, they also almost never get divorced either, for good or bad.  Not to say south asians aren't involved in their share of crime.

The author of the Globe article is a racist piece of crap, how lovely:

With your own kind?  So people who aren't white are "your kind"?  LOL.  Kiss my arse, racist.

Moonlight Graham, isn't it sickening ... and White's are the racist ones? 

32 minutes ago, Teena said:

Moonlight Graham, isn't it sickening ... and White's are the racist ones? 

Either it's sickening or it's racist bullshit!  There are plenty of isolated stories you and other white supremacists can focus on, but does the exception prove the rule? And whenever someone who's white does something stupid or ends up in prison, do you identify them as an example of  whites' being morally deficient?

Also, I've lived in Southern Ontario most of my life and I can plainly see that there are a lot more non-white immigrants now than there were years ago. I think that if you live among immigrants and you notice more non-whites in your workplace....which I will be retiring from in about a year, you don't see the stark differences between races that so many on this and other forums talk about. 

I'll look up the numbers later if I have to, but last I heard, crime rates among non-white immigrants in both Canada and the US are lower than for the white general population, and unemployment rates are lower also....but that said, now the charge will go back to immigrants are "taking our" jobs.

Edited by Right To Left

On 11/7/2019 at 12:46 AM, marcus said:

A growing majority of Canadians reject the idea that their country is accepting too many immigrants. This view is due in part because eight in ten believe that immigration is helping Canada’s economy.

According to a recent survey by Environics Institute, done in October 2019 on Canadians' attitude towards immigration, there are some interesting findings, which I thought was important to post considering that it contradicts some of the participants on this forum. Here are some of the findings:

---
Most important issues facing Canada today

Environment: 24
Economy: 22
Healthcare: 9
Poor Government/Leadership: 8
Unemployment: 4
Taxes: 4
Crime/law and order: 2
Immigration/Refugees: 2

---
Agree-Disagree: “Overall, there is too much immigration in Canada.”

Agree: 34%
Disagree: 63%

A positive view of current immigration levels is most widely expressed by Liberal Party (74%) and NDP (79%) supporters, followed by those who say they will vote for the Green Party (69%) or Bloc Quebecois (64%). Conservative Party supporters are more divided, with 51 percent agreeing that immigration levels are too high, compared with 45 percent who disagree.

---
Agree-Disagree: “Overall, immigration has a positive impact on the economy of Canada.”

Agree: 80%
Disagree: 16%

As on past surveys, attitudes about immigration and refugees differ across the population. Positive sentiments are most prevalent among younger Canadians and those with a university education. Negative views are most evident in Alberta, among Canadians ages 60 and older, and those without a high school diploma. In Quebec, despite the recent controversy over its new legislation banning religious dress, public opinion about immigrants is as positive if not more so than in other parts of the country.

---
Agree-Disagree: “There are too many immigrants coming into this country who are not adopting Canadian values.”

Agree: 50%
Disagree: 43%

---
Agree-Disagree: “Canada accepts too many immigrants from racial minority groups.”

Agree: 29%
Disagree: 64%

Some portion of public resistance to immigration stems from negative attitudes towards newcomers with specific racial and ethnic backgrounds (predominantly non-white or racialized). This continues to be evident in current public sentiment, but much less so than in previous generations.

Agreement with the statement is the minority view across the country, but most notably among Canadians 18 to 29 (21%), those with a university degree (19%) and supporters of the Federal NDP (13%). The view that Canada accepts too many immigrants from racial minorities is most evident among Canadians without a high school diploma (42%) and household incomes of less than $30,000 (40%).

Whenever I hear people my age and older carping about immigrants, I have to ask them if they've ever been in a nursing home. Before my mother died just shy of her 101st birthday in April, her physical health had declined to a level where my eldest brother and sister-in-law could no longer look after her. The nursing home staff was majority minority! And that is typical today. 

With the declining standards of health and fitness for middle age and older people, a lot of aging racists need to set aside their white nationalist influencers and get used to the fact that if there were no immigrants, they would be stuck with burdening their children who likely would not have the time or ability to provide care.

20 hours ago, PPC2019 said:

If we gradually reduce the population, we won't have a problem. Less people with more resources to share. It will improve the GDP per capita. It reduces the tension between capitalism and the environment, so we can enjoy both. It makes sense to me.

De-population of the world needs to start in the third world, and not the Western world. We in the West have done our fair share and part, and now it is time for those people living in the third world to start to do their share by not having so many kids. I have been to Egypt, and what a dirty hell hole that was. India, another dirty hell hole, and China are the biggest polluters around but yet they are never singled out by the likes of Gore, Suzuki or Dacrapio or our own Canadian climate barbie McKennan. Those four climate change amigos like to go after you and me while they continue on with their carbon emitting emission ways. The less babies being born in those third world countries will mean less of them immigrating to Canada. That would work well for me. ;)

59 minutes ago, Right To Left said:

Either it's sickening or it's racist bullshit!  There are plenty of isolated stories you and other white supremacists can focus on, but does the exception prove the rule?

Authoritarian Marxists love to throw around racial insults because that's all they got to use. It's not like facts or reality are on their side.

No, the exception does not prove the rule. But it's not an exception, now is it? All the street gangs in our big cities are made up of immigrants and their kids. They're the people doing all the street crime. A check with the most-wanted list for the Toronto or Ottawa police, or the RCMP will show as much. I think the Ottawa Police most wanted list has 23  people on it and 19 are visible minorities. Is that an exception?

59 minutes ago, Right To Left said:

I'll look up the numbers later if I have to, but last I heard, crime rates among non-white immigrants in both Canada and the US are lower than for the white general population, and unemployment rates are lower also....but that said, now the charge will go back to immigrants are "taking our" jobs.

The government in Canada does not track crime rates among immigrants except to the point they gain their Canadian citizenship. As for unemployment rates, it's higher for immigrants in Canada than for Canadian born.