Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums

Kenney Picks Fight with Ottawa to Make Himself Look Good


Recommended Posts

Delusions of Grandeur

Not content with torpedoing Alberta's finances with an idiotic tax cut that just gave money to corporations as they abandon an oil industry with no future, Kenney threatened to further sink the province by threatening additional billions of dollars in expenditures to set up vast new bureaucracies to cover in the fiefdom of Alberta.

Quote

On the table for the Fair Deal Panel will be research into whether Alberta should establish its own formal provincial constitution, provincial police force, Alberta Pension Plan, its own Chief Firearms Office and a provincial revenue agency that would collect taxes directly.

Albertans themselves can be forgiven for supporting or at least ignoring this delusional lunacy.  After all, there hasn't been a major political or media figure who's been honest with them about their oil industry in at least 30 years.  Their oil wealth has been stolen from under their noses and handed to big oil companies.  Their bribe was having no sales tax.

But for Kenney, he knows he can't make good on his election promises so he's going for the oldest trick in the book.  Distract the people by trying to focus everyone on an external enemy.  It's beyond pathetic but in Alberta, it makes for good politics.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Still have the First Nations groups in Alberta who will more than likely want to remain with Canada. 

A fair price to divert Saudi oil. None of that scares me. Fukushima scares me.... Deforestation in the Congo rain forest Scares me... Ethical Oil from Canada makes me feel patriotic.

Do you hold Trudeau and the Premier of Quebec to the same standard? Of course not. The last sentence applies to them as well. Alberta does not operate in a vacuum. It reacts to policies from the curre

Posted Images

7 hours ago, ReeferMadness said:

Delusions of Grandeur

Not content with torpedoing Alberta's finances with an idiotic tax cut that just gave money to corporations as they abandon an oil industry with no future, Kenney threatened to further sink the province by threatening additional billions of dollars in expenditures to set up vast new bureaucracies to cover in the fiefdom of Alberta.

Albertans themselves can be forgiven for supporting or at least ignoring this delusional lunacy.  After all, there hasn't been a major political or media figure who's been honest with them about their oil industry in at least 30 years.  Their oil wealth has been stolen from under their noses and handed to big oil companies.  Their bribe was having no sales tax.

But for Kenney, he knows he can't make good on his election promises so he's going for the oldest trick in the book.  Distract the people by trying to focus everyone on an external enemy.  It's beyond pathetic but in Alberta, it makes for good politics.

 

You presented a partisan subjective opinion that presumes to tell Albertans what is good for them. Ironic  given you accuse others of  having delusions of grandeur. With due respect you drip with Justin Trudeau syndrome.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Premier Kenny is dealing with several problems. Firstly is the inconcieved "Wexit" movement that ignores the fact that separation means a hermetically sealed state, cut off from the west coast by BC and a violent backlash from Canadians who won't take the destruction of Canada lying down. Kenny is no doubt trying to defuse that problem.

His second problem is the question of his legitamacy from the allegations of cheating in the leadership race.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Rue said:

You presented a partisan subjective opinion that presumes to tell Albertans what is good for them.

Perhaps you could point out where I did that.  I didn't so you can't.

So, with "due respect", perhaps you might read and understand BEFORE you comment.  Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ReeferMadness said:

Perhaps you could point out where I did that.  I didn't so you can't.

So, with "due respect", perhaps you might read and understand BEFORE you comment.  Thanks!

Alberta should just leave Canada, so they don't have bloodsuckers pushing them around.

Dealing with Ottawa is like dealing with a bad girlfriend. You GTFO.

Edited by PPC2019
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, PPC2019 said:

Alberta should just leave Canada, so they don't have bloodsuckers pushing them around.

Dealing with Ottawa is like dealing with a bad girlfriend. They have to GTFO.

So they would cut themselves off from tide water. They would risk the probable ensuing violence that would be delivered on their children. And for what? The power remains in the heaviest concentration of population, namely the Great Lakes basin. Politics cannot compete with geography. A separate Alberta would gain nothing and probably lose everything.

Edited by Queenmandy85
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Huh?

Why should Canadians be mad if Alberta wants to separate? If Alberta wants out then it's their right to leave.

It would be a great lesson for the history books. It might be a hard lesson that's necessary. I say they turn it up a notch, and if they end up leaving, maybe i'll have a better place to move too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Queenmandy85 said:

So they would cut themselves off from tide water. They would risk the probable ensuing violence that would be delivered on their children. And for what? The power remains in the heaviest concentration of population, namely the Great Lakes basin. Politics cannot compete with geography. A separate Alberta would gain nothing and probably lose everything.

I've already consulted with the official wexit movement, and said.... Try and convince Northern BC and Saskatchewan to join. You can export oil through prince Rupert.

Cut yourself off from the Marxist Cancer we like to call Vancouver, and you will have a strong prosperous country.

At the very least, start giving Ottawa some ultimatums.

Edited by PPC2019
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you think loyal Canadians would stand by and let someone wreck the country? Whether it is Alberta or Quebec, the new government of the separate state would end up calling on the Canadian Forces to give aid to the civil power. The most efficient way to make a separatist government suffer would be to target their children and other close family members. 

What would be the benifit to Alberta?  There would no longer be any incentive to build any pipelines. Alberta would lose access to the National parks, the oil sands and access to either coast.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

What would be the benifit to Alberta?  There would no longer be any incentive to build any pipelines. Alberta would lose access to the National parks, the oil sands and access to either coast.

Well deep down I want Alberta to stay and Quebec to leave, just because I think forcing our children learn French in school, should be considered child abuse.

Edited by PPC2019
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, PPC2019 said:

You can export oil through prince Rupert.

That is nuts. Why would BC risk the last of its wilderness for Alberta. At least Transmountain is following an existing pipeline. A spill in the Northern gateway route would be a disaster. Remember what happened to the Slocan?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

That is nuts. Why would BC risk the last of its wilderness for Alberta. At least Transmountain is following an existing pipeline. A spill in the Northern gateway route would be a disaster. Remember what happened to the Slocan?

Oil comes from the ground, therefor an oil spill is natural. A few birds die. End of story.

Edited by PPC2019
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PPC2019 said:

Who's going to kill them? A few dozen people? You have a wild imagination.

If Alberta wants out, there's no one who will stop them.

You don't think Canadians will object violently to some traitor out to destroy our country? When someone is lower than a slug that's too low to kick and too wet to step on, you hurt them. the best way to hurt them is kill their children.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Queenmandy85 said:

You don't think Canadians will object violently to some traitor out to destroy our country? When someone is lower than a slug that's too low to kick and too wet to step on, you hurt them. the best way to hurt them is kill their children.

So the left wants to kill the conservatives children. Are you sure you're not a Troll, or do you seriously believe that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PPC2019 said:

Ethical Oil from Canada makes me feel patriotic.

Me too. That is why I support the Trans Mountain expansion. If we export too much oil, we won't have any left for future generations.

Why are you afraid of Fukishima? One guy died from a heart attack. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Me too. That is why I support the Trans Mountain expansion. If we export too much oil, we won't have any left for future generations.

Why are you afraid of Fukishima? One guy died from a heart attack. 

I went inside for 2 weeks after the roof was blown of the reactors, and ate canned food and drank bottled water for a month.

I don't like the bio accumulation of radio active waste in the Pacific fish supply.

I've only eaten Atlantic Salmon since the accident.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Separatism is not the act of a Conservative. 

Whatever happens happens... I've told them to talk to Northern BC, because they hate Vancouver and their desperate for work. If you can make an agreement with everything north of Kamloops, you're golden. 

 

I don't see it happening, but they should turn up the heat... then Justin will give into their demands, and wealth will flood back into Canada.

Edited by PPC2019
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements




×
×
  • Create New...