Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums

Kenney Picks Fight with Ottawa to Make Himself Look Good


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, PPC2019 said:

I don't see it happening, but they should turn up the heat... then Justin will give into their demands, and wealth will flood back into Canada.

Not until the oil glut is over and the global price of oil rises. We would be better off, conserving our oil until the supply in the middle east, Russia, the US etc starts to run out and the price goes up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Still have the First Nations groups in Alberta who will more than likely want to remain with Canada. 

A fair price to divert Saudi oil. None of that scares me. Fukushima scares me.... Deforestation in the Congo rain forest Scares me... Ethical Oil from Canada makes me feel patriotic.

Do you hold Trudeau and the Premier of Quebec to the same standard? Of course not. The last sentence applies to them as well. Alberta does not operate in a vacuum. It reacts to policies from the curre

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, PPC2019 said:

A fair price to divert Saudi oil. None of that scares me. Fukushima scares me.... Deforestation in the Congo rain forest Scares me... Ethical Oil from Canada makes me feel patriotic.

How is selling oil to a dictatorship more ethical than buying oil from a dictatorship?

Edited by eyeball
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, PPC2019 said:

they hate Vancouver and their desperate for work.

I don't understand that response. When I lost my job in the Yukon, I didn't waste time blaming somebody else. I moved to where there was work and got on with my life. Alberta and BC have great education systems. It means if your work in the forest industry or the oil patch goes south, you have the skills to do something else. I went to work for a major bank in the Kootenays and after that became a peace officer in Saskatchewan.

There are lots of jobs in BC. The place is booming. You just have to go where they are. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

I don't understand that response. When I lost my job in the Yukon, I didn't waste time blaming somebody else. I moved to where there was work and got on with my life. Alberta and BC have great education systems. It means if your work in the forest industry or the oil patch goes south, you have the skills to do something else. I went to work for a major bank in the Kootenays and after that became a peace officer in Saskatchewan.

There are lots of jobs in BC. The place is booming. You just have to go where they are. 

Come to small town in Northern Ontario, and you'll understand...

They will tell ya to F'c off if you ask for a job in No Frils supermarket.

Edited by PPC2019
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Just make sure you save enough for future generations.

The quicker we get rid of it... The quicker will be forced to come up with something better, or go back to sustainable living.

The quicker we get rid of it, the less amount of time will spend fighting about it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PPC2019 said:

Come to small town in Northern Ontario, and you'll understand...

What I understand is if there is no work where you are, move to where there is work. You can't work in the resourse extraction business without knowing it is uncertain and you have to be flexible.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PPC2019 said:

Are you native? And do you support western oil?

I'm an Earthling and I don't support Canada shipping oil abroad. Especially to a dictatorship.

Interestingly no one is touching my question how is selling oil to a dictatorship more ethical than buying oil from a dictatorship with a ten foot pole. Why is that I wonder?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Queenmandy85 said:

What I understand is if there is no work where you are, move to where there is work. You can't work in the resourse extraction business without knowing it is uncertain and you have to be flexible.

But I understand public relations policy. If someone is willing to pay me to hand out pro pipeline, flyers i'll do it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PPC2019 said:

The quicker we get rid of it... The quicker will be forced to come up with something better, or go back to sustainable living.

The quicker we get rid of it, the less amount of time will spend fighting about it.

Our civilization depends on iron ore, coal and oil. When those resourses are exhausted, we cannot sustain 7 billion people. 

Now it is past my bedtime. Sleep tight every one.

Edited by Queenmandy85
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, eyeball said:

I'm an Earthling and I don't support Canada shipping oil abroad. Especially to a dictatorship.

Interestingly no one is touching my question how is selling oil to a dictatorship more ethical than buying oil from a dictatorship with a ten foot pole. Why is that I wonder?  

I think the computer your on is made in China, if you find it offensive, why don't ya smash it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Our civilization depends on iron ore, coal and oil. When those resourses are exhausted, we cannot sustain 7 billion people. 

Then we take the next 30 years to lower it to 6 billion, and keep going from there.

If you can't change the system, another option is to shrink it.

The system is overpopulation. There is less conflict between the economy and environment if you shrink the system.

Edited by PPC2019
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, PPC2019 said:

I think the computer your on is made in China, if you find it offensive, why don't ya smash it.

Because I'd be without a computer if I did that.

In the meantime, how is selling oil to a dictatorship more ethical than buying oil from a dictatorship?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Because I'd be without a computer if I did that.

In the meantime, how is selling oil to a dictatorship more ethical than buying oil from a dictatorship?

 

Because having a dictatorship buy oil from an ethical country, is better than having a dictatorship buy from another dictatorship.

China uses it's dictatorship to build 600 kph Maglev trains, while Saudi Arabia's chops peoples heads off in public. No Graphic Footage.

 

Edited by PPC2019
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PPC2019 said:

Because having a dictatorship buy oil from an ethical country, is better than having a dictatorship buy from another dictatorship.

China is more ethical than Saudi Arabia.

And we sell weapons to Saudi Arabia. Sounds like that puts us somewhere between China and Saudi Arabia or no better than China - who probably sells SA weapons too. We probably buy shit from China that we put into the shit we sell SA.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, eyeball said:

And we sell weapons to Saudi Arabia. Sounds like that puts us somewhere between China and Saudi Arabia or no better than China - who probably sells SA weapons too. We probably buy shit from China that we put into the shit we sell SA.

If you support Canadian pipelines, you stop billions of dollars going to a kingdom that chops peoples heads off for witchcraft.

Well my Apologies to Elizabeth May, but I ain't cool with that.

When you look at our competitors, we should feel proud of our oil.

 

17.jpg

Edited by PPC2019
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, PPC2019 said:

Would you support doing more to lower population growth?

I think the biggest gainers will be the poor, and the middle class. The biggest losers will be the billionaires, but I never became a conservative to help billionaires.

I agree whole heartedly but we are hurtling towards 12 billion and that is a huge problem. An analysis presented on Quirks and Quarks determined the maximum sustainable human population is 1.5 billion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ReeferMadness said:

Perhaps you could point out where I did that.  I didn't so you can't.

So, with "due respect", perhaps you might read and understand BEFORE you comment.  Thanks!

The entire comment Reefer. I might even slightly agree with some of it but its presumptious and arrogant for you and I to think everything Albertans or their leader does is wrong or without  reason. I also don't write off our oil industry or tar sands although I want us and the world off the addiction of oil. There are two sides at least to every situation. Please do nto tell me Trudeau is not a pro Quebec regionalist. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • Tell a friend

    Love Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...