Political Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PPC2019

How Many Immigrants should Canada Take?

What should be our annual immigration level over the next 3 years?  

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted for 150,000 BUT what is more important is that we need to bring in the RIGHT immigrants and if so then the number is not that important. The selectivity has to be based on potential for positive contributions to Canada and Canadians like education, monitory assets and equally if not more important adaptability. We don't want rich Saudi Sheiks to come over have no respect for women's rights and human rights, We want brains and hearts not oil money. The selection must not be regional or based on race or skin color. Canada has prospered past few decades and immigrants have a lot to do with it as most are hard working individuals who became contributors to Canada.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

1 hour ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

I voted for 150,000 BUT what is more important is that we need to bring in the RIGHT immigrants 

I disagree. We need to bring in LEFT immigrants.

I'd rather we subject immigrants to an ideological values test. 

I personally want 10 000, but I think 200 000 would be a good compromise for all sides.

An abrupt halt to immigrant, might cause stock market crash from the housing market.

Edited by PPC2019

11 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

I voted for 150,000 BUT what is more important is that we need to bring in the RIGHT immigrants and if so then the number is not that important. The selectivity has to be based on potential for positive contributions to Canada and Canadians like education, monitory assets and equally if not more important adaptability. We don't want rich Saudi Sheiks to come over have no respect for women's rights and human rights, We want brains and hearts not oil money. The selection must not be regional or based on race or skin color. Canada has prospered past few decades and immigrants have a lot to do with it as most are hard working individuals who became contributors to Canada.

I'm surprised you're so conservative on immigration. It gives me hope.