Political Discussion Forums
QuebecOverCanada

Canada loses jobs for two consecutive months before Christmas

The Trudeau Reelection Effect? The Liberal Provinces are affected the most. Québec lost 45 000 alone last month.

Canada loses 71,200 jobs as a whole this November. The losses were equally part and full time jobs. 

Economists bet on a stagnation, and even a 10,000 jobs creation, but they were way off.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/stats-can-jobs-report-nov-1.5386624

3 minutes ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

The Trudeau Reelection Effect? The Liberal Provinces are affected the most. Québec lost 45 000 alone last month.

Canada loses 71,200 jobs as a whole this November. The losses were equally part and full time jobs. 

Economists bet on a stagnation, and even a 10,000 jobs creation, but they were way off.

I only blame one person. Justin Trudeau, he's my scapegoat.

1 minute ago, ProudConservative said:

I only blame one person. Justin Trudeau, he's my scapegoat.

That's not just him, but those who control him behind the scenes.

This is the worse spike in unemployment since 2008. 

9 minutes ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

That's not just him, but those who control him behind the scenes.

This is the worse spike in unemployment since 2008. 

Well the experts are predicting a recessions just around the corner. They know they have to start selling stock soon, so I think the globalist are waiting until Septermber... and will cause the re-cession to destroy Trumps reelection. Then you will have CNN saying how terrible Trump is. How he doesn't care about middle America. So anyone who owns stocks... I would sell now, and hold for 2 years... Invest in some real-estate during the crash.

Edited by ProudConservative

6 minutes ago, ProudConservative said:

Well the experts are predicting a recessions just around the corner. They know they have to start selling stock soon, so I think the globalist are waiting until Septermber... and will cause the re-cession to destroy Trumps reelection. Then you will have CNN saying how terrible Trump is. How he doesn't care about middle America. So anyone who owns stocks... I would sell now, and hold for 2 years... Invest in some real-estate during the crash.

Kraches are not all bad for all the common people. The middle class suffers more, but the poor will be able to invest after the krach and have a good return short term, and the Rich can buy low as well. We survived 2008, we'll survive the next one to come.

1 minute ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

Kraches are not all bad for all the common people. The middle class suffers more, but the poor will be able to invest after the krach and have a good return short term, and the Rich can buy low as well. We survived 2008, we'll survive the next one to come.

The debt was 10 Tillion when the last crash happened. Now it's 23 Trillion. We no longer has a stimulus option.

What people don't seem to be taking into consideration is that the US unemployment rate fell to 3.5% today to its lowest rate since 1969. The US economy is booming. Wages are rising. And this even in the midst of their trade war with China.

And despite having a totally incompetent asshat as President with a completely screwed up administration whose members spend most of their time fighting each other.

So what exactly is Canada's excuse again?

Edited by Argus
  • Like 1

Cramer: Like or hate Trump, ‘these are the best numbers of our lives’ on jobs

• CNBC’s Jim Cramer says no matter your view on President Trump there’s no denying we’re living in the best labor market in more than a generation.
  • “This is the best number I’ve ever seen in my life,” says Cramer, 64.
  • Zeroing in on the 3.5% unemployment rate in November, Cramer says, “Fifty years ago, that number was a curse. Now it’s a blessing."

“This is the best number I’ve ever seen in my life,” Cramer said, zeroing in on the unemployment rate. “Fifty years ago, that number was a curse. Now it’s a blessing.” He added, “I don’t see inflation. I don’t see recession.”

Cramer said the strong U.S. job market is going to allow America to win the trade war with China. “The president can walk away from the table with this number.”

• https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/06/cramer-like-or-hate-trump-these-are-the-best-numbers-of-our-lives-on-jobs.html

• 950322.jpg

2 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Imagine how much worse the Canadian numbers would be without America propping Canada up.

Good for mortgages on investment property, the rate is already down to 1.75% and now the Bank of Canada might cut it some more, #free money

14 hours ago, Argus said:

What people don't seem to be taking into consideration is that the US unemployment rate fell to 3.5% today to its lowest rate since 1969. The US economy is booming. Wages are rising. And this even in the midst of their trade war with China.

And despite having a totally incompetent asshat as President with a completely screwed up administration whose members spend most of their time fighting each other.

So what exactly is Canada's excuse again?

Amazing how all that happens at the same time. A bit of a dichotomy, don't you think?

The asshat has you looking. That's what he does to people, and is your problem. Get over the asshattery and look again, without using your moral guide.

If the results are consistent, chances are it's not by accident. What we see from the US administration is a facade, a face. Trump is the face. Don't look in his eyes...

Edited by OftenWrong

17 hours ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

Well we can look at what happened in Oshawa as a sign. Companies are closing down in Canada. Meanwhile as Argus points out, US unemployment is at the lowest ever in history.

The money is certainly going south these days, and most likely so are the jobs. Apparently it's going to be a Merry Christmas in USA this year. Not so much for Canada...

24 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Amazing how all that happens at the same time. A bit of a dichotomy, don't you think?

The asshat has you looking. That's what he does to people, and is your problem. Get over the asshattery and look again, without using your moral guide.

If the results are consistent, chances are it's not by accident. What we see from the US administration is a facade, a face. Trump is the face. Don't look in his eyes...

Trump has a grade six education and the maturity of a four year old. He's not responsible for the American economy. He doesn't even understand the American economy. Or anything else. The American economy is booming despite him not because of him.

Edited by Argus

And the part about China, the tariffs, upsetting the global economic order, that is also someone else's doing? Not the POTUS?

It’s funny how facts like these act like repellent to Trudeau supporters of the forum.

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

And the part about China, the tariffs, upsetting the global economic order, that is also someone else's doing? Not the POTUS?

According to the latest figures the US has a BIGGER trade deficit with China than when it started. The tariffs are a tax on Americans, and aren't doing much of anything to China. They damage the Chinese currency, which falls, and counteracts the impact of tariffs so that goods are actually cheaper for Americans (and Canadians) to buy than they were before.

On 12/6/2019 at 4:08 PM, QuebecOverCanada said:

We better brace ourselves.   That's just the beginning.  

When you consider that the US administration has spent its effort to make people aware that they have a trade competitor that has severely damaged their economy so they best get to work and overcome and Canada has had 4 years of nothing but virtue signalling, political correctness, racking up stunning debt to do nothing but bring in immigrants (who they expect will some day vote appropriately) and prop up idiotic programmes devised by a genuine idiotic cabinet and supporting criminal organizations (such as SNC) while guarding them from the consequences of rule of law, WTF do you expect?

The only thing that JT and the Donald have in common is that they have pissed off just about every world leader - Trump because they are afraid of him and Trudeau because he is just an incredible embarrassment to everyone he encounters.

On 12/7/2019 at 12:03 PM, Argus said:

According to the latest figures the US has a BIGGER trade deficit with China than when it started. The tariffs are a tax on Americans, and aren't doing much of anything to China. They damage the Chinese currency, which falls, and counteracts the impact of tariffs so that goods are actually cheaper for Americans (and Canadians) to buy than they were before.

Not exactly.

The trade war is kind of working. 

https://www.axios.com/trump-china-trade-war-working-363fbd52-eb4a-487b-85bc-b18b3199be78.html

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shady said:

For Vietnam, sure. Was that the point? It's not doing anything for the US and it's not deterring China. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Trump is addressing the way China cheats on trade, IP and everything else. But he's going about it in a brainless, halfassed way that's unlikely to ever get them to change. Chinese leaders would see their country burned to the ground rather than give in to the kind of in your face demands Trump is making. Face is everything there.

On 12/6/2019 at 6:42 PM, Dougie93 said:

Cramer: Like or hate Trump, ‘these are the best numbers of our lives’ on jobs

• CNBC’s Jim Cramer says no matter your view on President Trump there’s no denying we’re living in the best labor market in more than a generation.
  • “This is the best number I’ve ever seen in my life,” says Cramer, 64.
  • Zeroing in on the 3.5% unemployment rate in November, Cramer says, “Fifty years ago, that number was a curse. Now it’s a blessing."

“This is the best number I’ve ever seen in my life,” Cramer said, zeroing in on the unemployment rate. “Fifty years ago, that number was a curse. Now it’s a blessing.” He added, “I don’t see inflation. I don’t see recession.”

Cramer said the strong U.S. job market is going to allow America to win the trade war with China. “The president can walk away from the table with this number.”

• https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/06/cramer-like-or-hate-trump-these-are-the-best-numbers-of-our-lives-on-jobs.html

And probably a second term win. Especially if Biden wins the Democrat nomination. 

Just now, marcus said:

And probably a second term win. Especially if Biden wins the Democrat nomination. 

Biden is a forgone conclusion, Trump will win again by way of the electoral college, nothing has changed in four years.

3 hours ago, Argus said:

For Vietnam, sure. Was that the point? It's not doing anything for the US and it's not deterring China. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Trump is addressing the way China cheats on trade, IP and everything else. But he's going about it in a brainless, halfassed way that's unlikely to ever get them to change. Chinese leaders would see their country burned to the ground rather than give in to the kind of in your face demands Trump is making. Face is everything there.

I generally agree with you that trade wars are counter productive.  But at least China is feeling a bit of a bite.  I’m hoping that it leads to a trade deal soon and most of this nonsense can be set aside.