Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums
Moonlight Graham

China vs USA: who will reign in the 21st century?

Recommended Posts

On 12/14/2019 at 9:38 PM, bush_cheney2004 said:

China sends its best students to the USA....there is a reason for this.

So they can steal all your technology and bring it back?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

B-C China sends a lot of students. Not all of them are their best, in fact most of them could not make it in China's system so are sent to North America or Europe as a second chance.

They don't let the cream of their crop of intelligentsia go anywhere.  Many who they send have to report back to their government sponsor what they are doing in school and what the research is in the school-its actually  as Argus says a way to scout out and report what we are developing and we are only to glad to take their money and let them.

I had a good friend doing his doctorate in applied psychology. I reported it a few times on here how he had to report back on new things he found the school he was at researching and when he could not they would threaten him so he started inventing things. He had family back home so did not dare do anything to piss them off. I used to have a beer with him. He chewed his nails right down. Sad actually and stupid. If China wasn't so damn insecure and greedy it could be exchanging information with all of us and helping us as we help them. Instead they choose this ridiculous competition. They have no one but themselves to blame for their isolated, repressed, oppressive climate that does not allow creativity and forces them to be a society of counterfeiters. They don't create, they imitate. They are to our planet what mocking birds are to the bird world. They can imitate others but they have no sound of their own,.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Rue said:

B-C China sends a lot of students. Not all of them are their best, in fact most of them could not make it in China's system so are sent to North America or Europe as a second chance.

 

For your information, China has rapidly evolved from a Soviet style higher education system to U.S./western forms and processes, including more private investment compared to government control.   China wants more doctorates/PhDs and international faculty.   

Chinese investment in R&D is second only to the United States.    Canada lags far behind per/capita.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/15/2019 at 7:18 PM, Dougie93 said:

Nothing binds me to make an argument,  Confederation is destroying itself, I will simply dance on its grave.

 

You're such a ...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The more I see what China's society is evolving into, the brutality, the ruthlessness, the oppression and all-seeing surveillance, the more it spreads its influence through the world, the more I think that in a century they'll be running the world. Certainly they'll be running the US, which is awash in corruption, division, narcissism and every kind of debauchery. China's leaders are determined, selected through a very dangerous competition and have a long timeline. America's leaders are shallow, stupid, corrupt, and care about nothing and nobody but themselves and their immediate election chances. Most American politicians at every level would sell their soul, never mind their country, for a relatively small amount of dollars in their Swiss bank accounts. The best thing which could happen to the US is a military coup which would see every politician, federal, state and local, stood against a wall and shot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Argus said:

.... The best thing which could happen to the US is a military coup which would see every politician, federal, state and local, stood against a wall and shot.

 

Really ?

...and America would still continue to have more influence than Canada....with China.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

Really ?

...and America would still continue to have more influence than Canada....with China.

America will have as much influence with their Chinese masters as Hong Kong does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Argus said:

America will have as much influence with their Chinese masters as Hong Kong does.

 

Canada has been dominated by America far longer than China.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Argus said:

The more I see what China's society is evolving into, the brutality, the ruthlessness, the oppression and all-seeing surveillance, the more it spreads its influence through the world, the more I think that in a century they'll be running the world. Certainly they'll be running the US, which is awash in corruption, division, narcissism and every kind of debauchery. China's leaders are determined, selected through a very dangerous competition and have a long timeline. America's leaders are shallow, stupid, corrupt, and care about nothing and nobody but themselves and their immediate election chances. Most American politicians at every level would sell their soul, never mind their country, for a relatively small amount of dollars in their Swiss bank accounts. The best thing which could happen to the US is a military coup which would see every politician, federal, state and local, stood against a wall and shot.

No. China is heading over the very same environmental cliff everyone else is for the very same reason and will probably reach it even sooner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, eyeball said:

No. China is heading over the very same environmental cliff everyone else is for the very same reason and will probably reach it even sooner.

 

That's right...why should China restrain itself compared to the excesses of the West ?

The brainiacs in British Columbia just experienced another fish farm disaster that released 20,000 Atlantic salmon into the Pacific ocean.

...seemed like a good idea at the time !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Must be a "yuuuuuge" coincidence that China has done the following after tangling with Donald Trump....

 

Quote

China said Monday it will reduce tariffs Jan. 1 on more than 850 foreign products including frozen pork, asthma medications and some high-tech components to spur economic development.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/china-tariff-cuts-1.5406562

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

That's right...why should China restrain itself compared to the excesses of the West ?

The brainiacs in British Columbia just experienced another fish farm disaster that released 20,000 Atlantic salmon into the Pacific ocean.

...seemed like a good idea at the time !

Ideas that make people wealthy usually do. Even hindsight often still can't restrain it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People are paying so much attention to the growing amount of muslims and hence their influence in the western world that at the same time the Chinese are creeping in a stealthily way increasing their influence around the world.

We all know muslims will never take over the world. They are too undeveloped for that. They will only cause maximum nuisance in the form of terrorism and creating no-go zones in western cities but further than that, no chance.

A totally different thing with China.

Edited by -TSS-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2019 at 9:49 AM, Iceni warrior said:

You're such a ...

 

You know there's been a Bolshevist takeover when : God, Queen, Country is viewed as rebellion.

To the barricades, wot ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

You know there's been a Bolshevist takeover when : God, Queen, Country is viewed as rebellion.

To the barricades, wot ?

 

God, Queen and country is not very American.

Americans are more

guillotine.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Iceni warrior said:

God, Queen and country is not very American.

 

Nonsense, Americans are positively gaga for the Royals.  That very rendition of the British Grenadiers is by the US Army in fact.

MAGA

00-promo-trump-queen-elizabeth.jpg

Edited by Dougie93

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

Nonsense, Americans are positively gaga for the Royals.  That very rendition of the British Grenadiers is by the US Army in fact.

MAGA

00-promo-trump-queen-elizabeth.jpg

They weren't so keen back in 1776.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Iceni warrior said:

They weren't so keen back in 1776.

I remember trump lied about waiting for the queen.  :o

Plus he made Charles wait for an hour for tea.  

Not a good show of respect.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2019 at 10:00 AM, Iceni warrior said:

They weren't so keen back in 1776.

Those Kings of Virginie were overthrown at the foot of Cemetery Ridge.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...