Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums
Argus

All the woke news that's fit to air or print

Recommended Posts

The ''you think the world is coming to an end in 12 years'' accusation is a popular strawman.

Obviously I have never said such a thing and the only people who have are guilty of completely misunderstanding the original message which is that action needs to be taken very soon or the consequences of climate change could be irreversable.

''so called experts'' is another common expression. They are experts in the feild of climate change and the vast majority of them agree that the current climate change is the result of increased greenhouse gases. The only people who prefix with ''so called'' are those who don't like their findings.

Then there's the ''paid off by...'' argument which is laughable when you look into the funding of climate change denying articles (usually not peer reviewed in any meaningful way).

Followed by the ''no true Scotsman'' argument. Hollywood celebrities fly private jets around the world therefore climate change is a hoax. Doesn't matter if 16 year olds sail across the Atlantic shitting in a bucket because ''Leo Decrapio owns big gas guzzling vehicles''. The vested interests of politicians bought and paid for by the fossil fuel lobby don't get recognised because some rich celebrity is a hypocrite.

I myself live offgrid in an old lorry entirely powered by wind and solar. I use a composting toilet, never fly, use tiny amounts of water (I have to carry it 100yds from the nearest tap) I don't buy anything unless I really need it and replace things only when they are completely worn out. I drive a 20 year old 1000cc car which gets 50-60 mpg. I don't eat meat or have a pet. I could go on but all my efforts are worth nothing unless I live in a cave as a hunter gatherer.

This is why I'd rather discuss possible solutions rather than waste my time ''debating'' with people convinced by politicians and powerful lobbies rather than climate science experts.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Iceni warrior said:

The ''you think the world is coming to an end in 12 years'' accusation is a popular strawman.

Obviously I have never said such a thing and the only people who have are guilty of completely misunderstanding the original message which is that action needs to be taken very soon or the consequences of climate change could be irreversable.

''so called experts'' is another common expression. They are experts in the feild of climate change and the vast majority of them agree that the current climate change is the result of increased greenhouse gases. The only people who prefix with ''so called'' are those who don't like their findings.

Then there's the ''paid off by...'' argument which is laughable when you look into the funding of climate change denying articles (usually not peer reviewed in any meaningful way).

Followed by the ''no true Scotsman'' argument. Hollywood celebrities fly private jets around the world therefore climate change is a hoax. Doesn't matter if 16 year olds sail across the Atlantic shitting in a bucket because ''Leo Decrapio owns big gas guzzling vehicles''. The vested interests of politicians bought and paid for by the fossil fuel lobby don't get recognised because some rich celebrity is a hypocrite.

I myself live offgrid in an old lorry entirely powered by wind and solar. I use a composting toilet, never fly, use tiny amounts of water (I have to carry it 100yds from the nearest tap) I don't buy anything unless I really need it and replace things only when they are completely worn out. I drive a 20 year old 1000cc car which gets 50-60 mpg. I don't eat meat or have a pet. I could go on but all my efforts are worth nothing unless I live in a cave as a hunter gatherer.

This is why I'd rather discuss possible solutions rather than waste my time ''debating'' with people convinced by politicians and powerful lobbies rather than climate science experts.

 

 

I am still waiting for you to give me a very good reason as to why I should get myself into a climate change panic? What is going on in the world that has got you so much concerned about climate change? So, what are some of the big climate changes that you are actually seeing going on out there these days? I wish people like you would give me something for a change rather than mouth off at someone like me who dares to question or challenge this so called climate change fiasco. All I get from people like you is that climate change "experts" said this or that about the climate, and that we all must believe what they say. 

Personally, I think that I would rather live to see the earth warm up by a few degrees by the end of this century, rather than it become colder by a few degrees at the end of this century. I do prefer being warm than being cold. 

And I find it very funny that these so called experts have said that the world will be a lot warmer by a few degrees at the end of the century. Geez, by that time you and me will be long gone by then, and we won't be around to see if they were just trying to spread bull chit or were telling the truth. It's all just a con job anyway. My opinion of course. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, taxme said:

I am still waiting for you to give me a very good reason as to why I should get myself into a climate change panic? What is going on in the world that has got you so much concerned about climate change? So, what are some of the big climate changes that you are actually seeing going on out there these days? I wish people like you would give me something for a change rather than mouth off at someone like me who dares to question or challenge this so called climate change fiasco. All I get from people like you is that climate change "experts" said this or that about the climate, and that we all must believe what they say. 

Personally, I think that I would rather live to see the earth warm up by a few degrees by the end of this century, rather than it become colder by a few degrees at the end of this century. I do prefer being warm than being cold. 

And I find it very funny that these so called experts have said that the world will be a lot warmer by a few degrees at the end of the century. Geez, by that time you and me will be long gone by then, and we won't be around to see if they were just trying to spread bull chit or were telling the truth. It's all just a con job anyway. My opinion of course. ;)

You realise that you have just basically said "I'm all right jack screw the future of the planet" don't you?

Well it's your first bit of honesty on the subject at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Iceni warrior said:

You realise that you have just basically said "I'm all right jack screw the future of the planet" don't you?

Well it's your first bit of honesty on the subject at least.

So you still refuse to offer up anything that will change my mind about the seriousness of climate change, uhmm?  So, in other words what you are really trying to say to me here is that it is all just plain bull chit and that there is really nothing to worry about at all?  It should be simple enough for you to do and give me something but I guess that you like to make up stories and lies just like those so called climate change "experts" are obviously doing every day who never really practice what they preach one bit. Aw well, I gave you a chance and you pretty much have failed the exam. I win. Chuckle-chuckle.

Well that is your first bit of honesty on the subject at least. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, taxme said:

So you still refuse to offer up anything that will change my mind about the seriousness of climate change, uhmm?  So, in other words what you are really trying to say to me here is that it is all just plain bull chit and that there is really nothing to worry about at all?  It should be simple enough for you to do and give me something but I guess that you like to make up stories and lies just like those so called climate change "experts" are obviously doing every day who never really practice what they preach one bit. Aw well, I gave you a chance and you pretty much have failed the exam. I win. Chuckle-chuckle.

Well that is your first bit of honesty on the subject at least. ;)

Change your mind?

Now we all know that isn't going to happen whatever evidence I show you, is it?

Not even if I showed you how glaciers are disappearing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Iceni warrior said:

Change your mind?

Now we all know that isn't going to happen whatever evidence I show you, is it?

Not even if I showed you how glaciers are disappearing.

 

I cannot believe that there are some people who are that crazy enough to go have a funeral for a glacier. Those in the video looked rather silly to me. What is next with people like that? Go have a funeral for the land that is now being covered over by water due to some climate change melting going on? These people have too have much time on their hands.

I am not denying that there is some kind of climate change happening in the world. But to blame it all on people for climate change is silly to me. We were told that the fires in Australia were caused by climate change. But it was found out later that most of those fires were started by people and lightning. The biggest CO2 emitters in the world are China and India and Africa, and the climate changer fanatics never say a word about those three big polluting countries. Why is that? The only people that seem to be falling for and are being blamed for this climate change nonsense are the people who are living in the Western world. The 3rd world does not seem to give a crap about climate change. You can show me all the videos of melting glaciers all you want too, but it is not going to get me all in a panic like it is doing to you. 

Those areas that are losing their glaciers are now growing new life that was never there when the glaciers were there. More animals are and plants are moving further north into once covered land by snow and ice. More trees and plants are growing by the millions around the world thanks to more global warming. Even NASA believes that when one day men and women go to Mars, and try to set up shop there, they will try to produce as much carbon as they can to get things to grow. Carbon is good, and we need carbon to live, and carbon is not as bad as those climate change SJW's try to make it out to be. Without it, you and me and thee would not be here wasting our time talking about climate change. 

There will always be the good and the bad side to melting glaciers, some land will go under water but then more land will be exposed. But if you think that trying to get rid of all fossil fuels from everything will solve the problem then you are living in Alice in Wonderland. Maybe those glaciers are melting because the ground underneath them is warming up and melting those glaciers from beneath. At least that is what I have read many years ago that this is supposedly happening. Many scientists have already shown that to be true. 

So whether the glaciers are disappearing due to more CO2 in the air or whether they are melting from beneath, who cares, there is something going on that you and me cannot change. The globalist elite will never give up their own lifestyles of the rich and famous, but they will try and force and get you to do the changing. You need to stop getting yourself all into a panic over something you know nothing about. You are only going by what others tell you just like me. When water starts lapping at my 1st floor front door then I will now know that it is time to move to an higher location.

Just remember this. At one time, thousands of years ago, there was supposed to have been over two hundred feet of snow and ice right over my head where I am sitting now. Did all that ice and snow that melted cover the whole earth? Nope, and it will never happen because there will always be winter somewhere on earth every year. Time for a coffee. See you. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My suspicion that it wouldn't be worth my time getting into a serious debate has been confirmed by the fact you believe Africa is a country.

Enjoy your coffee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2020 at 6:24 PM, Iceni warrior said:

Change your mind?

Now we all know that isn't going to happen whatever evidence I show you, is it?

Not even if I showed you how glaciers are disappearing.

 

Why do you bother with this fool? His writing style alone shows his extreme ignorance. Why engage with someone that is clearly incapable of rational dialogue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SkyHigh said:

Why do you bother with this fool? His writing style alone shows his extreme ignorance. Why engage with someone that is clearly incapable of rational dialogue?

It's no bother really. I'm not going to run around in circles finding links to supporting evidence that will be ignored or discredited for no good reason.

I think that just letting him talk is enough to demonstrate his lack of knowledge. Not understanding how sea levels fell dramatically during ice ages or that Africa is a continent not a country that kind of guff.

I may be new here but this is not my first rodeo. It took me no time at all to recognise who the forum's biggest troll is.

I'm not expecting rational dialogue but I am hoping for a little entertainment.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Iceni warrior said:

It's no bother really. I'm not going to run around in circles finding links to supporting evidence that will be ignored or discredited for no good reason.

I think that just letting him talk is enough to demonstrate his lack of knowledge. Not understanding how sea levels fell dramatically during ice ages or that Africa is a continent not a country that kind of guff.

I may be new here but this is not my first rodeo. It took me no time at all to recognise who the forum's biggest troll is.

I'm not expecting rational dialogue but I am hoping for a little entertainment.

 

Hey, you may well be on your way to becoming the "biggest troll" here. The one thing that you cannot seem to get thru that thick skull of yours is that all I do here is question and challenge any and everything. I don't have to just listen to one side of the story, and ignore the other side of the story, like you appear to always like to do. I have already explained my opinions and points of views on the climate change topic. Who are you to believe that your side of the story is right, and my side is wrong?

You may have some videos of some glaciers melting, but so what? Who cares. Why worry about disappearing glaciers anyway? You will be fertilizing the grass over your buried body by the time most of them melt away, if that many do melt away at all. You have no future ball on your desk to know as to what will happen in another ten years or more. You are just guessing like every other so called climate change experts are doing. All just guessing. So what if some land is lost to the sea by way of some glaciers melting. I can guarantee you that there will be no one drowning from the oceans maybe rising by a few inches or feet. So quit with the you know all bs, and I or others know nothing. You doom and gloom people are a dime a dozen. Relax and chill out about climate change. Do you see me worrying about it? I am just sitting here and having a nice cup of coffee. ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Iceni warrior said:

My suspicion that it wouldn't be worth my time getting into a serious debate has been confirmed by the fact you believe Africa is a country.

Enjoy your coffee.

Oh, so sorry that you did not get my drift. Enjoy reading your "woke' news this morning. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SkyHigh said:

Why do you bother with this fool? His writing style alone shows his extreme ignorance. Why engage with someone that is clearly incapable of rational dialogue?

Here we go again. Another newbie member here who seems to feel that he knows it all. I believe that I was being quite rational here with this topic. But maybe you can tell me as to where I am not appearing to be so rational here? Come on, Mr. Newbie, spit it out? Please enlighten me on my appearing to be so irrational? I await your expert opinion?  ;)

PS: I know that there are some climate changes going on, but the effects may not be felt for several decades yet to come, if at all become all that serious. Here in Vancouver today, we are all going thru what appears to be for us an ice age. It is bloody cold outside. So much for your global warming theory nonsense so far. Lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Iceni warrior said:

It's no bother really. I'm not going to run around in circles finding links to supporting evidence that will be ignored or discredited for no good reason.

I think that just letting him talk is enough to demonstrate his lack of knowledge. Not understanding how sea levels fell dramatically during ice ages or that Africa is a continent not a country that kind of guff.

I may be new here but this is not my first rodeo. It took me no time at all to recognise who the forum's biggest troll is.

I'm not expecting rational dialogue but I am hoping for a little entertainment.

 

Of course you don't take him seriously, you can at least form cohesive sentences ( which is impressive in it's own right for a leafs fan, hahaha)

What i don't understand, is the entertainment value of one upping someone who's epistemology is that of a primary schooler.

By engaging with such people are we not just feeding the beast? Should we not just let them wallow in their own ignorance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, taxme said:

Here we go again. Another newbie member here who seems to feel that he knows it all. I believe that I was being quite rational here with this topic. But maybe you can tell me as to where I am not appearing to be so rational here? Come on, Mr. Newbie, spit it out? Please enlighten me on my appearing to be so irrational? I await your expert opinion?  ;)

PS: I know that there are some climate changes going on, but the effects may not be felt for several decades yet to come, if at all become all that serious. Here in Vancouver today, we are all going thru what appears to be for us an ice age. It is bloody cold outside. So much for your global warming theory nonsense so far. Lol.

As I've said before in earlier discussions with you. Learn to argue without resorting exclusively to logical fallacies, and i may deem your incoherent rants worthy of retort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SkyHigh said:

Of course you don't take him seriously, you can at least form cohesive sentences ( which is impressive in it's own right for a leafs fan, hahaha)

What i don't understand, is the entertainment value of one upping someone who's epistemology is that of a primary schooler.

By engaging with such people are we not just feeding the beast? Should we not just let them wallow in their own ignorance?

Indubitably.

I take simple pleasures in life though.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Iceni warrior said:

Indubitably.

I take simple pleasures in life though.

 

Of course, you do you

That being said, if I may make an analogy. I'm 6'3 and would derive no pleasure from beating a little person at basketball

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SkyHigh said:

Of course, you do you

That being said, if I may make an analogy. I'm 6'3 and would derive no pleasure from beating a little person at basketball

Yes but I'm waiting to see why ''it's cold in winter'' is compelling evidence that increasing greenhouse gases don't melt glaciers.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Iceni warrior said:

Yes but I'm waiting to see why ''it's cold in winter'' is compelling evidence that increasing greenhouse gases don't melt glaciers.

 

Ok, I'll give you that one. As much as i may hate to admit it, I too await with bated breath

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SkyHigh said:

Ok, I'll give you that one. As much as i may hate to admit it, I too await with bated breath

Best to have an open mind about these things. I wouldn't want to miss an opportunity to learn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Iceni warrior said:

Best to have an open mind about these things. I wouldn't want to miss an opportunity to learn.

So wise!

Though if I'm being honest the idea of "cold in winter" is so foreign to me as a Canadian, not sure I'll be able to wrap my head around his undoubtedly rigorous scientific methodology

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, SkyHigh said:

So wise!

Though if I'm being honest the idea of "cold in winter" is so foreign to me as a Canadian, not sure I'll be able to wrap my head around his undoubtedly rigorous scientific methodology

I know, it's amazing that a sport like ice hockey ever got off the ground.

Talking of which, Leafs v Devils is about to start.

Edited by Iceni warrior

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Talking of hot enough to melt a glacier, hat trick for Matthews.

Edited by Iceni warrior

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Iceni warrior said:

Talking of hot enough to melt a glacier, hat trick for Matthews.

Born in Toronto, but luckily one of my foster parents (thanks to Harold Ballard) taught me the evils of the maple leafs, hahaha

Roy's first year was also my first year playing goalie, we both one a championship (atom house league is almost the same as a Stanley cup, no?). Funny part since I've lived in Montreal, not so much a habs fan anymore. Montreal is not a hockey city but a team city( people know cousins +/- , but still don't know they took out the red line)

Petty rivalries aside,that Matthews kid can play, i was surprised to see it was only his second hat trick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SkyHigh said:

Born in Toronto, but luckily one of my foster parents (thanks to Harold Ballard) taught me the evils of the maple leafs, hahaha

Roy's first year was also my first year playing goalie, we both one a championship (atom house league is almost the same as a Stanley cup, no?). Funny part since I've lived in Montreal, not so much a habs fan anymore. Montreal is not a hockey city but a team city( people know cousins +/- , but still don't know they took out the red line)

Petty rivalries aside,that Matthews kid can play, i was surprised to see it was only his second hat trick

I'm new to hockey. Where I'm from it's played on grass mostly by girls. For team sports I played rugby and basketball and a children's game called rounders which is similar to baseball. So the rivalries and history of the game are still pretty unknown to me.

I'm only just learning about the ''curse'' of Harold Ballard.

I am learning to appreciate the game though and unlike many of my favourite sports here in the UK it is readily available to stream online for free.

Matthews does seem to make scoring look effortless compared to others and his puck skills , timing and positional play make him exceptional.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Iceni warrior said:

I'm new to hockey. Where I'm from it's played on grass mostly by girls. For team sports I played rugby and basketball and a children's game called rounders which is similar to baseball. So the rivalries and history of the game are still pretty unknown to me.

I'm only just learning about the ''curse'' of Harold Ballard.

I am learning to appreciate the game though and unlike many of my favourite sports here in the UK it is readily available to stream online for free.

Matthews does seem to make scoring look effortless compared to others and his puck skills , timing and positional play make him exceptional.

 

You've picked a great time to get into the game, the NHL has, and is making a concerted effort to evolve the game to highlight the skill and speed that only hockey can provide (I admittedly may have some bias as I played hockey at a pretty high level)

For those of us that grew up as hockey fans, rivalries and history most definitely influence our "fandom" but are not necessary to enjoy the game. I was taught to hate the leafs, but if im being honest, they're a young exciting team that are a lot of fun to watch.

I've never heard of rounders, is there a professional league i could check out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...