Political Discussion Forums

2 hours ago, ProudConservative said:

I'm alarmed at how many conservatives are backing Trump, and his retarded demonization of Iran. When trying to figure out Trump's actions, ask yourself, who benefits? If Israel wants a war with Iran, let them them pay for it. Let them borrow 50% on their GDP, and send all their troops to get slaughtered.

Why should the American Taxpayer, hand over trillions to fight another war in Iran. They already spent 6 Trillion in Afghanistan and Iraq. Why would America want to start a war with a country three times bigger than Iraq?

When it comes to war, I support the liberals. I remember the "No blood for oil" protests, when I was a student at York University.

Real conservatives don't support war, because war is the biggest waste of Taxpayer dollars. We could have highspeed rail, if it wasn't for these stupid wars in the middle east.

1) You're no conservative dude, you just have this fake account that says you're a conservative because you think that it gives your anti-conservative comments credibility. It doesn't.

2) Iran is like the mecca of terrorism. Their Quds force is deicated to terrorism and the destruction of Israel. It provides leadership and support for terrorists all over the world. Their leader is responsible for murders, turture and terrorism all over the world. Your support of his right to continue doing his dirty work is duly noted.

Who benefits besides Isreal, the Military industrial complex, and those who supply parts for the Military. A war means billions of dollars in contracts to private companies.

3) Who benefits when the leaders of the biggest terrorist orgs on the planet die? How about everyone?  

This is a video of Iran. Why would we support the bombing a country that has so much potential? A war is just going to produce more religious extremist and terrorists. What we should be doing is embracing their culture, trading with them, and helping them modernize... So they don't fall back into religious extremism.I

They can't reach their potential with guys like Soleimani in such a position of power. 

I want to see Trump gone. He doing everything he can to antagonize Iran. He's not calculated. He's unhinged in his rhetoric, and now in his actions. Imagine if Iran flew a drone over Washington DC and dropped a bomb on the secretary of defense? Who advised Trump to engaged political assignation? Was it Northrop Grumman or was it Raytheon?

Care to guess again? Soleimani was killed in Iraq, ie on foreign soil. Not Iran.

Make no mistake. This was done... To piss off the Iranians to the maximum extent, hoping they will retaliate, so they can begin a war.

If the Iranians could stop funding terrorism, stop threatening everyone, stop attacking everyone, stop pushing their nuclear agenda then obviously there would be no need for this. Iran got cocky, they killed an American, that's not how you deal with Trump.

The Iranian people should be happy that Trump didn't try to turn this into a war where a bunch of peons on both sides die. 

Trump has effectively targeted the #1 in islamic state, the #2 in islamic state and now the #1 in Quds. The number of innocent Iranians, Iraqis and Syrians that died under Trump's Presidency has been almost zero, especially compared to what happened under Obama.  And this is during actual warfare.

The leadership of terrorist groups are starting to get the picture that it's not just the peons that are dying. The people who are calling the shots will be less likely to call the shots now that they know the bell tolls for them. 

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/aerospace-defense-stocks-benefiting-from-trump-iran-missile-strike-soleimani-2020-1-1028793817

Jean Chretien has enough foresight, to stay out of the Iraq war. I just hope Trudeau does the same.

Of course Trudeau won't do anything to Iran. If he had his choice he'd be on their side.

Trudeau stopped the bombing of islamic state immediately when he took over. Trudeau ran cover for the genocide in Syria when everyone else in the world was acknowledging it. Trudeau paid a terrorist who killed an American $10.5M. Trudeau is giving islamic state terrorists (he just calls them "fighters") the right to come back to Canada and walk free among us. Trudeau is bringing in people who openly support terrorism and he refuses to say anything about Al Quds Day hate rallies. 

Trudeau supports terrorism in every way that he possibly can, all the time. 

We can no longer Trust the conservative media. Fox News thinks it's a joke.

Why are the Conservative Talk show hosts, all on the same page?

This right here is proof positive of your true colours. 

I could make an account called "TrueCanadianLiberal" and then call out Trudeau for all his crimes, call out the CBC for all their blatant bias and idiocy, but I just can't be that much of a weasel. 

Edited by WestCanMan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ProudConservative said:

They wouldn't be sent to win the war. They would be sent to tread water, so the military contracts have a permanent base. Fighting to win, wouldn't benefit the private contractors.

Well luckily Trump doesn't give a crap about the military industrial complex.  He's not the invading type.

9 minutes ago, ProudConservative said:

I wonder why! Who can blame them.

But you said:

13 minutes ago, ProudConservative said:

Maybe Israel should reach out to Iran. It's better then pissing them off to the point where one rogue general smuggles in a Nuke to blow up Tel Aviv.

Wouldn't their time be better spent mowing the grass and touching up the white lines?

10 minutes ago, ProudConservative said:

In the political world, you can be a jerk, and there's no consequences.

Unless you're that Soleimani fellow...

58 minutes ago, ProudConservative said:

Iran will only Screw with us more... if we continue to demonize them.... Maybe we should host some competitive sports with Iran... and hold cultural conferences.... Maybe if Iran sees Americans reaching out, and wanting to learn about their culture.... their will be less motivation for them to support terrorists.

Appeasement is the term. It is a passive response that tries to turn a terrorist into a misunderstood peasant in need of love. It is the product of a defensive imagination of a sheltered privileged rich boy making the boogy man nice.Lol this is  not a CBC kids show.

Let us have a cultural exchange with the very people who define Proud Conservative as a morally corrupt monkey who needs to be removed  off the planet.

Hi Omar my  name is Biff Whitebread and I am from Shelteredview, Ontario. Hey now. We have people that have have  brown skin. They dance well and rap. Now explain to us how I can marry more than 1 wife, and we can stone  gays and lesbians, arrest and torture trade unionists, journalists, students, faculty. The Iranians do it,  so us too! Iranians believe  all Jews on the planet must be whipped out in a holy war, women stoned to death and my favourite,anyone not a Shiite Muslim is defined as having no right to own land, no legal rights, and not allowed to do business unles by using one Muslim to pass on the message, no direct talking to Muslims allowed. What a quaint cultural exchange. Maybe we can get some property stolen from Kurds, Jews, Bahaiis, Zoroastrians, Yazidis, Christians,they tortured and killed.

Share culture..well they enjoy sodomy. Go have an exchange.

Edited by Rue
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Rue said:

Appeasement is the term. It is a passive response that tries to turn a terrorist into a misunderstood peasant in need of love. 8tscthe product of the imagination of sheltered privileged rich boy. Let's have a cultural exchanec with the very people who define Proud Conservative as a morally corrupt monkey who needs to becw8ped off the planet.

Hi Omar my mate is Biff Whitebread and we f  rom Shelteredview, Ontario. Hey now. We have people that have have  brown skin. They dance well and rap. Now explain to us how I can marry more than 1 wife, and and you stone  gays and lesbians, arrest and torture trade unionists journalists, students, faculty. Culture exchange..yah why do be believe  all Jews 9  the planet must be whipped out in a holy war, women stoned to death for  abortion, 4 marriges are allowed to women defined as prophet of the man and my favourite,anyone not a Shiite Muslim as dhimmi, or infidel, or khadir, meaning no right to own land, no legal rights, and required to do business  by using one muslim to pass on the message, do direct talking allowed. What a quaint cultural exchange. Maybe we can get some property stolen from Kurds, Jews, Bahaiis, Zoroastrians, Christians,they tortured and killed.

Share culture..well they enjoy sodomy. Go have an exchange.

What wrong with Appeasement? It better to swallow your pride, than turn into a war criminal.

Study some history to address your question why appeasement does not work any more than you form an alluancecwith some who tried to or who was a raped you.

Your question is naive. No you do not appease people it empowers them to keep doing their bad . There is a time to stand tall and say to a religious fundamental fanatic regime financing terror operations  worldwide and building a nuke weapon, that enough is enough.

Oh yoohoo Mr. Rapist, how about  you say sorry and we can teach you consent. Are you serious?

Your naivety is absurd.  

Last thing you do is appease a  bully ...all that does is rearm them.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rue said:

Study some history to address your question why appeasement does not work any more than you form an alluancecwith some who tried to or who was a raped you.

Your question is naive. No you do not appease people it empowers them to keep doing their bad . There is a time to stand tall and say to a religious fundamental fanatic regime financing terror operations  worldwide and building a nuke weapon, that enough is enough.

Oh yoohoo Mr. Rapist, how about  you say sorry and we can teach you consent. Are you serious?

Your naivety is absurd.  

Last thing you do is appease a  bully ...all that does is rearm them.

I don't need to study history. I lived through George Bush, and the horrors he caused in Iraq. A war with Iran will be much worse. A lot of people liked Trump, because he was anti war. Now he's lost his mind.

Edited by ProudConservative

2 hours ago, ProudConservative said:

What wrong with Appeasement? 

Not a thing.

Chamberlain_Munich.jpg?1437040509

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

You have no evidence for this conspiracy theory.

The US isn't going to war with Iran.  Iran has been screwing with the US for a year.  They've attacked tankers in the gulf, attacked them inside Iraq and through various proxies. The guy they assassinated has been a bad dude for a long time.  The POTUS' job is to protect Americans and their lives.

"After the US invaded Iraq in 2003 he [Soleimani] began directing militant groups to carry out attacks against US troops and bases, killing hundreds."  https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-50980093

He was an enemy of the US and poked the bear too many times, now he's dead.  The US has crippled Iran's economy trying to get them back to the negotiating table to broker a "better" nuclear deal (in Trump's mind).  Iran isn't in a good position to start a full-scale war.  If Iran started attacking US positions around the middle east who do you think would win that pi$$ing contest?

The guy you are referring to has also been fighting ISIS along US. Assassinating him will make Iran now vulnerable to attacks by ISIS.

5 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

Not a thing.

Except Iran is and never will be Germany's 1930's Nazi Germany! Comparison is only undermining the atrocities of World War II.

Chamberlain appeasement to Hitler analogy does not work....

You of all people should know this given your family's (.....never mind appeasement.....) but association with Nazis. It is a bit of 'Schadenfreude over Kristallnacht' or a friggin flame thrower in SS former Yugoslavia..... 

Edited by kactus

Whilst I detest the repressive ideological regime that has misruled, isolated and tarnished Iran's international image for the last forty years it doesn't mean at all that one would accept the extremist far right (frankly loony right-wing style !) Depiction of Iran as an "imminent danger to global security". That, I am afraid, is extreme right-wing delusional nonsense. No one has the right to threaten Iran with the destruction of its sites of great cultural and historical value. That would be tantamount to war crimes and international thuggery.Trump is not Churchill, for heaven's sake .This is not 1940 and the "Islamic Republic" is not Nazi Germany.  The most reactionary elements of the Israeli and American right-wings  and their corrupt and characterless Iranian proxies might think like this. 

War with Iran will only flame the nationalistic fever of either side and bi polarity in a society so divided.

2 hours ago, kactus said:

Except Iran is and never will be Germany's 1930's Nazi Germany! Comparison is only undermining the atrocities of World War II.

Chamberlain appeasement to Hitler analogy does not work....

If you say-so, Neville. 

2 hours ago, kactus said:

You of all people should know this given your family's (.....never mind appeasement.....) but association with Nazis. It is a bit of 'Schadenfreude over Kristallnacht' or a friggin flame thrower in SS former Yugoslavia..... 

Flamethrowers were regularly used by folks similar to the ones you support to murder Jews & Gypsies in barns. One can't change history.

8 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

Not a thing.

Iran is not running gas chambers to commit genocide, and if you want to talk about oppression, why does Saudi Arabia get a free pass? Try finding a woman who wears a burka in Iran. It's very hard, since it's a Shiite country. A few years ago, woman weren't aloud to drive in Saudi Arabia. Iran is far more progressive than Saudi Arabia. If we have concerns about religious extremism, than we should be vocal about it... but lets not go to war with Iran, and end up killing more terrorist than we kill.

1 minute ago, ProudConservative said:

Iran is not running gas chambers to commit genocide, and if you want to talk about oppression, why does Saudi Arabia get a free pass? Try finding a woman who wears a burka in Iran. It's very hard, since it's a Shiite country. A few years ago, woman weren't aloud to drive in Saudi Arabia. Iran is far more progressive than Saudi Arabia. If we have concerns about religious extremism, than we should be vocal about it... but lets not go to war with Iran, and end up killing more terrorist than we kill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UG6QdNkm_k

I don't want war with Iran. 

But there's no way in Hell I'll support the murderous Mullahs. They don't use gas chambers...they'll just shoot you or torture you to death in their torture chambers.

You're free to love them like family for all I care. We all draw our own lines in the sand.

• Like 1

Nothing special about Iran...the Iran-Iraq war went on for 8 years and the world did not end.

Ironically, Iran wanted regime change in Iraq, but failed to achieve its goal....over 1,000,000 killed.

The Americans did it for them in 2003.   

Edited by bush_cheney2004
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

I don't want war with Iran. 

But there's no way in Hell I'll support the murderous Mullahs. They don't use gas chambers...they'll just shoot you or torture you to death in their torture chambers.

You're free to love them like family for all I care. We all draw our own lines in the sand.

Even Fox news is saying it's a bad idea! The only people who are going to benefit, are the weapons manufactures. Their desperate for work, since they shipped most of their our jobs to Mexico and China.

Those who want a war with Iran, should agree to hand over $5000 in new taxes to pay for it. The US is drowning in debt, and America shouldn't be allowed to put future generations in debt, just to fight another stupid war.

Just now, ProudConservative said:

Even Fox news is saying it's a bad idea!

Who cares what Fox says?

There's no way I'm going to support Iran's religious dictatorship. You're free to.

631baf3dfac077f9a4a5a3ea841c7779.jpg

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

If you say-so, Neville. 

Flamethrowers were regularly used by folks similar to the ones you support to murder Jews & Gypsies in barns. One can't change history.

Like I said you are undermining the atrocities of WWII by making the comparison to the Iranian regime....

Your problem is to make things up by linking the despotic Iranian regime to the nazis yet neglecting the very reality that it was German nazis that threw jews into those chambers not the ayatollahs. Anyways....that's a bit digressing from this topic as with you the conversation is always leading to this end.... 

You are free to believe that Iran was responsible for murdering 6mil jews. 

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

Who cares what Fox says?

There's no way I'm going to support Iran's religious dictatorship. You're free to.

631baf3dfac077f9a4a5a3ea841c7779.jpg

Why don't you put your money where your mouth is, and take on a reverse mortgage to help pay for the war? Or enlist in the Army and go bomb them yourself?

1 minute ago, kactus said:

Like I said you are undermining the atrocities of WWII by making the comparison to the Iranian regime....

Your problem is to make things up by linking the despotic Iranian regime to the nazis yet neglecting the very reality that it was German nazis that threw jews into those chambers not the ayatollahs. Anyways....that's a bit digressing from this topic as with you the conversation is always leading to this end.... 

Iran murders its own citizens and those of other countries.

2 minutes ago, kactus said:

You are free to believe that Iran was responsible for murdering 6mil jews. 

I said no such thing.

1 minute ago, ProudConservative said:

Why don't you put your money where your mouth is, and take on a reverse mortgage to help pay for the war? Or enlist in the Army and go bomb them yourself?

Again...I don't want war with Iran. But I'm not going to support your Mullah buddies. They murder their own citizens in the streets.

13 minutes ago, ProudConservative said:

This is a very naive question! Saudi Arabia creates employment and work for the US by buying arms. It is good for business and job creation.