Political Discussion Forums

A war with Iran will probably cost the Average taxpayer at least $10000, since we spent 6 Trillion since 9/11 in the middle east... That's $20000 per person in the US, and about $40000 per taxpayer.

So instead of sending your kids to collage, why don't we all agree to donate that money to Washington defense contractors, so we can bomb Iran?

Edited by ProudConservative

13 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

I don't want war with Iran. 

But there's no way in Hell I'll support the murderous Mullahs. They don't use gas chambers...they'll just shoot you or torture you to death in their torture chambers.

You're free to love them like family for all I care. We all draw our own lines in the sand.

That is a valid point DOP. Granted that the mulch regime is despicable and not to be trusted. I just have a problem with you comparing it with Nazis.

I absolutely detest the mullahs

Just now, kactus said:

That is a valid point DOP. Granted that the mulch regime is despicable and not to be trusted. I just have a problem with you comparing it with Nazis.

I absolutely detest the mullahs

For Islamic extremism, Brunei is far worse. They can execute westerners, if an unmarried couple shares a hotel room. Iran is far from that.

2 minutes ago, ProudConservative said:

A war with Iran will probably cost the Average taxpayer at least $10000, since we spent 6 Trillion since 9/11 in the middle east... That's $20000 per person in the US, and about $40000 per taxpayer.

So ?    The U.S. federal budget is approaching $5 TRILLION...per year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ProudConservative said:

War with Iran would consist of a US cruise missile submarine like SSGN-726 (USS Ohio) surfacing in the region and then laying waste to Iran's government. Not some GWB style invasion.

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

War with Iran would consist of a US cruise missile submarine like SSGN-726 (USS Ohio) surfacing in the region and then laying waste to Iran's government. Not some GWB style invasion.

They couldn't even control Iraq. What makes you think you can win a war with Iran, just with cruise missiles? For every terrorist we kill. Will end up creating at least 10 more.

Edited by ProudConservative

Just now, ProudConservative said:

They couldn't even control Iraq. What makes you think you can win a war with IRAN, just with cruise missiles?

Don't need to 'win it'. Just knock-off enough of the Mullahs that the people can take their country back from these murderers.

• Like 1

Are you ok with handing over $10000 in your personal income, just to go to war with Iran?

Of course....I hand over much more personal income for lots of other things.

Very expensive carrier battle groups have been deploying to the region for many decades.

...nothing special about Iran.

• Like 1

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

Trump has the Democrats in a bind....well played !

Shady's little meme comic is correct.

America could build 20000 kilometers of MAGlev train far cheaper than the cost of going to war with Iran.

America can do both if it wants to....remember the Vietnam War while going to the Moon ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Don't need to 'win it'. Just knock-off enough of the Mullahs that the people can take their country back from these murderers.

Those advocating for war.... Just want to sell weapons to the US government. It has nothing to do with liberation. They will send troops to tread water, so the people who sell armor can make a fortune. There is less profit, when you fight to win.

Those advocating for war.... Just want to sell weapons to the US government. It has nothing to do with liberation. They will send troops to tread water, so the people who sell armor can make a fortune. There is less profit, when you fight to win.

Has nothing to do with liberation....more to do with destroying the mullahs and their ability to wage war/terrorism.

Profits will come either way....even in peace time.

12 hours ago, ProudConservative said:

Hey just because I'm annoying doesn't mean... I don't have some Logic... You all seems to be pro war here.

Oh we are all annoying. Please continue. Annoying is great. You are debating. I disagree but deeply respect your right to your opinions. Lol. Annoying. Welcome to that club. By the way I wa m not pro war either. I just believe appeasement can empower dictators to perceive it as weakness and empower them to create more war.

When you send a signal to stop you risk a response you do not want, but remaining silent does not make evil go away it simply feeds its sense of strength. We have more than enough examples in history to prove that point.  I do not like Trump but I have to agree with Moonlight and his last statement. I am not sure any Pres in office would have done ccx anything differently. Iran was escalating. It has moved to take over all of Iraq. Erdogan made a deal with Russia, China and Iran to let this happen in return for them all looking the other way so Turkey can wipe out Kurds in Syria, Lebanon and Iraq all proxy states of Iran.

Trump misread Putin and Erdogan big time. This ordered hit was a signal to make up for Trump  giving Erdogan and Putin the wrong message. I doubt Trump did anything other than listen to his joint Chief of Staffs telling him he created a vacuum on the ground for Iran to exploit. I doubt Trump has a clue what he did. China North Korea  and Russia as much as Iran got a message. The current reactions are the usual Iranian tantrums that were already happening before the take out.

Iran is at war with Saudi Arabia. It ht as destabilized the entire ME. To pretend Iran is an innocent victim is b.s. it is killing internally all its citizens who question it.  

The debt was about 20 times less than, even when you adjust for inflation.

Again...so what ?    America easily afforded the Iraq-Afghanistan wars....economy is booming along with the debt.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Again...so what ?    America easily afforded the Iraq-Afghanistan wars....economy is booming along with the debt.

Are you kidding me? China got the upper hand with international trade... because they invested in infrastructure and not war.

1 minute ago, ProudConservative said:

I think to instigate the war with Iran will take the country back to the pre war situation with Iraq in 80's. Ofcourse the war is about making money. It is not clear whether it will work for Iranians and in the absence of credible opposition the situation may even get worse

1 minute ago, kactus said:

I think to instigate the war with Iran will take the country back to the pre war situation with Iraq in 80's. Ofcourse the war is about making money. It is not clear whether it will work for Iranians and in the absence of credible opposition the situation may even get worse

America has lost all credibility when it comes to attacking middle eastern countries... When will those idiots learn, and invest in their own country first?

Are you kidding me? China got the upper hand with international trade... because they invested in infrastructure and not war.

China also became America's #1 trading partner.

America can do both...and always has....no stranger to "war"....#1 economy in the world.

5 minutes ago, ProudConservative said:

They will send troops to tread water, so the people who sell armor can make a fortune.

Predictions...dime a dozen.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ProudConservative said:

Maybe Israel should reach out to Iran. It's better then pissing them off to the point where one rogue general smuggles in a Nuke to blow up Tel Aviv.

Yah reach out to someone calling to wipe out every Jew  on the planet cause his Koran tells him so. Makes sense. You know had Jewsvhugged Hitler none of it would  have happened. Yah I know Michael Jacks9n was misunderstood. Let us all have a pajama party.