Political Discussion Forums
Argus

Entitled refugees

15 hours ago, Goddess said:

WalMart has always had security and greeters at their doors and they often check receipts.  I don't think it's because of immigrants.  Theft and crime on the rise - yes.

This Walmart had a greeter for years. He was a man with down syndrome. Haven't seen him in a long time. This is different. This is someone with 'Security' written on the back of his coat. Seemed strange to me. I think crime is up because of immigration in this particular area.

Edited by Teena

1 minute ago, Teena said:

This Walmart had a greeter for years. He was a man with down syndrome. Haven't seen him in a long time. This is different. This is someone with 'Security' written in the back of his coat. Seemed strange to me. I think crime is up because of immigration in this particular area.

I think in bigger cities Wally World has Security at the doors?  I've seen them nearly at every Wally's, but I've been in bigger cities for quite a few years now.

12 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Did they install self checkouts?  Apparently there's been a lot of theft with self checkouts because people aren't scanning and paying for some things they buy, so some companies are starting to check bags and receipts.

I do not think there is self check outs here. But I will check next time I'm there. 

I am not sure what Walmart security policies has to do with Muslims needing to be banned in Canada from entry but I can say this...what a lovely drift, Lol. I was referring to the snow fall.

13 hours ago, Rue said:

Your need to pose as being more educated than me only serves to show your insecurity and inability to challenge opinions other than your own with civility. 

Sorry if my not weeping over exagerated claims like you do makes me seem less civil. But I guess I'm just not as emotional a person as you are. I like to think instead.

Your spin on the residential schools speaks for itself as does your other response to me denying the role of anti-semitism in helping the Nazis gain power

I didn't deny the role. You're now simply lying. I said it held a secondary role in how they took power.

Your attempt to deny you speak in  absolutes is fun.

I almost never speak in absolutes. Perhaps you could take a rudimentary English course which would teach you how to comprehend the language.

Please show where you have qualified your negative generalizations.You made a false sweeping statement that all Muslim countries make it legal for husbands to rape  wives.

No, I responded to someone complaining about how we only banned it a few decades back by saying Muslim countries never banned it at all. Yes, I was incorrect to say it was legal in ALL Muslim countries instead of almost all. So sue me.

When shown a list of Muslim countries  you then did not qualify your statement as being incorrect, you chose instead to denyTurkey is a Muslim state. Please do advise Erdogan of that.

This is again a lie or more evidence of your bafflement at comprehending English. I never denied Turkey was a Muslim state. I pointed out some of those 'muslim' states on your list aren't even Muslim, and that in most cases your inclusion of them as outlawing marriage rape was merely because they made no mention of it and therefore marriage rape was technically covered under ordinary rape laws.

I also noted you ignored your other absolute false statement that  these listed countries make it legal as well to beat wives and now your latest false absolute statement that homosexuality is a capital offence in these countries.

This another lie as I said it was a capital offense in thirteen countries, and all of them were Muslim.

You again provide no substantiation of your legal opinions

It wasn't a legal opinion. It was a statement of fact easily verifiable anywhere you care to check.

Got it and thanks. Your reminder you do not like Muslims is most helpful when discussing government policies.

And again your outrage that anyone would exercise basic logic and judgement simply indicates your lack of same. I will again reprint a perfect description of the reasons behind your shrill defense of Islam because they fit you so perfectly.

Recently its founder, Yigal Carmon, observed that this Jew-hatred had spread to America and Europe where it was turning into “really violent threats based on Islamic texts”.

And yet, he added, the American Jewish community targeted by such attacks was silent. “Not a protest, no public activity, nothing at all. They are afraid to be thought of as Islamophobic” Carmon’s observation is also true of British Jews. With a few exceptions over the years, the secular and religious leadership has been silent about Muslim antisemitism. Yet the problem is serious.

This is because Jewish leaders equate Islamophobia with antisemitism. They have thus fallen for the Islamists’ propaganda ploy in making a grotesque comparison.

The key difference is the distinction between truth and lies.

For while antisemitism is based entirely on deranged fantasies about the Jewish people, Islamophobia labels as bigotry all adverse comment about Muslims, including truths about Islamic extremism and jihadi terrorism. Some people are indeed irrationally prejudiced against Muslims. But the term Islamophobia was coined to suppress rational, legitimate and necessary acknowledgment of the dangers within the Islamic world.

Surely, if a particular group is disproportionately involved in hatred of Jews the community should denounce this? In this case, it does not. It brushes it under the carpet. What it targets instead is “Islamophobia”. In other words, the people in its sights aren’t Muslim antisemites but those who call out Muslim antisemitism and extremism.

Edited by Argus

3 hours ago, Rue said:

I am not sure what Walmart security policies has to do with Muslims needing to be banned in Canada from entry but I can say this...what a lovely drift, Lol. I was referring to the snow fall.

Hi Rue, I am not sure either. I never mentioned Muslims being banned in Canada? I was referring to immigration as a whole and increased crime. Are they related? We have many here in my town coming in from Somalia, India and the ME. When I shop at this particular Walmart, which I have been for years, there was NEVER Security at the door until this new year. And also when shopping here, I sometimes wonder what happened to the white folk? Hey, I stole as a kid. I got caught and never did it again and my parents had to pay a fine and I had to write an essay why it was wrong. I was 12 or 13. Wonder if they still do that?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Argus said:

Sorry if my not weeping over exagerated claims like you do makes me seem less civil. But I guess I'm just not as emotional a person as you are. I like to think instead.

I didn't deny the role. You're now simply lying. I said it held a secondary role in how they took power.

I almost never speak in absolutes. Perhaps you could take a rudimentary English course which would teach you how to comprehend the language.

No, I responded to someone complaining about how we only banned it a few decades back by saying Muslim countries never banned it at all. Yes, I was incorrect to say it was legal in ALL Muslim countries instead of almost all. So sue me.

This is again a lie or more evidence of your bafflement at comprehending English. I never denied Turkey was a Muslim state. I pointed out some of those 'muslim' states on your list aren't even Muslim, and that in most cases your inclusion of them as outlawing marriage rape was merely because they made no mention of it and therefore marriage rape was technically covered under ordinary rape laws.

This another lie as I said it was a capital offense in thirteen countries, and all of them were Muslim.

It wasn't a legal opinion. It was a statement of fact easily verifiable anywhere you care to check.

And again your outrage that anyone would exercise basic logic and judgement simply indicates your lack of same. I will again reprint a perfect description of the reasons behind your shrill defense of Islam because they fit you so perfectly.

Recently its founder, Yigal Carmon, observed that this Jew-hatred had spread to America and Europe where it was turning into “really violent threats based on Islamic texts”.

And yet, he added, the American Jewish community targeted by such attacks was silent. “Not a protest, no public activity, nothing at all. They are afraid to be thought of as Islamophobic” Carmon’s observation is also true of British Jews. With a few exceptions over the years, the secular and religious leadership has been silent about Muslim antisemitism. Yet the problem is serious.

This is because Jewish leaders equate Islamophobia with antisemitism. They have thus fallen for the Islamists’ propaganda ploy in making a grotesque comparison.

The key difference is the distinction between truth and lies.

For while antisemitism is based entirely on deranged fantasies about the Jewish people, Islamophobia labels as bigotry all adverse comment about Muslims, including truths about Islamic extremism and jihadi terrorism. Some people are indeed irrationally prejudiced against Muslims. But the term Islamophobia was coined to suppress rational, legitimate and necessary acknowledgment of the dangers within the Islamic world.

Surely, if a particular group is disproportionately involved in hatred of Jews the community should denounce this? In this case, it does not. It brushes it under the carpet. What it targets instead is “Islamophobia”. In other words, the people in its sights aren’t Muslim antisemites but those who call out Muslim antisemitism and extremism.

First off calling me a liar or angry and getting personal  simply shows me you are angry  and still unable to substantiate your previous subjective generalizations so deflect from this failure with name calling.

In this latest response to me you now make unsubstantiated sweeping absolute generalizations that Jews are afraid  to be Islamaphobic  and our leadersh have fallen for Islamic extremist  propaganda.

Oh do please provide the names of these Jews, the names of the Jewish leaders you speak of and the statements they made or other evidence you obtained from them illustrating your conclusions.

What I do know Argus is you continue to utter absolutes with no qualifications or substantiation if any kind. It comes in each and every sentence you respond  with.

Edited by Rue