Political Discussion Forums
WestCanMan

Iran Attacks US Embassy, US Kills Suleimani, Iran Retaliates.

From the New Yorker: https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/the-us-assassinated-suleimani-the-chief-exporter-of-irans-revolution-but-at-what-price

Suleimani’s death capped a week of hostilities that escalated with lightning speed after a U.S. military contractor was killed in a rocket attack by Kata’ib Hezbollah, one of the most powerful Iranian-backed militias in Iraq, on December 27th. The attack was the group’s eleventh in recent weeks, the U.S. claimed. On December 29th, the Pentagon responded with five air strikes—three in Iraq and two in Syria—on Kata’ib Hezbollah’s bases. The group’s supporters responded by attacking the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad, which is the largest and most fortified diplomatic mission in the world.

So:

-11 attacks by Kata'ib Hezbollah (Iranian militia), 

-5 air strikes by the US on Kata'ib, 

-Iran's militia attacks a US Embassy, killing a private defence contractor, 

-The US kills the top general in Iran's Quds force (who was in Iraq at the time) with a drone strike,

**(Iraq asks the US and Iranian forces to leave Iraq, US refuses)**

-Iran attacks two Iraqi AFBs with Americans present (the only smart thing Iran ever did, because killing Iraqis will strengthen their resolve to oust Amricans), then....

IMO, when the US responds, their best move is to destroy Iranian missile DEFENCE systems, Iranian radar stations, and then make Iran into a no-fly zone.

46 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

IMO, when the US responds, their best move is to destroy Iranian missile DEFENCE systems, Iranian radar stations, and then make Iran into a no-fly zone.

You know what I hate more than Trump right now? The people who enable him. A war means Trillion in debt, and only phony conservatives, cheer for it.

Edited by ProudConservative

17 hours ago, ProudConservative said:

You know what I hate more than Trump right now? The people who enable him. A war means Trillion in debt, and only phony conservatives, cheer for it.

You know what I hate more than CNN right now? The people who regurgitate their drivel.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Iranian missile DEFENCE systems, 

Isn't it Russian missile defence system?

Good thing US isn't such a drama queen like you.

22 hours ago, ProudConservative said:

A war means Trillion in debt,

If it makes you feel any better, it's likely the debt is just gonna keep rising anyway, with or without war, in my opinion.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Marocc said:

The Russian's sell them weapons, that doesn't mean they will go to war for them.

11 hours ago, Marocc said:

If they're defending Iran what difference does it make what country owns them or built them? Grab a brain Marocc. Do I need to say what colour they are too? What they smell like?  

On 1/7/2020 at 9:25 PM, WestCanMan said:

From the New Yorker: https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/the-us-assassinated-suleimani-the-chief-exporter-of-irans-revolution-but-at-what-price

So:

-11 attacks by Kata'ib Hezbollah (Iranian militia), 

-5 air strikes by the US on Kata'ib, 

-Iran's militia attacks a US Embassy, killing a private defence contractor, 

-The US kills the top general in Iran's Quds force (who was in Iraq at the time) with a drone strike,

**(Iraq asks the US and Iranian forces to leave Iraq, US refuses)**

-Iran attacks two Iraqi AFBs with Americans present (the only smart thing Iran ever did, because killing Iraqis will strengthen their resolve to oust Amricans), then....

There was all the oil tanker seizures in the Gulf, too.  Iran has been escalating hostilities for quite a while now.

• Like 2

I don't trust the Dems to tell the truth as they appear to be siding with Iran, but there was lots of open-source information,  many public threats from Soleimani's thugs.   Reuters has reported on this.    The Dems and the media's new narrative seems to be that Iran is more rational than Trump, so no war.   So, they now are saying that the  Iranian regime, which hangs gay people from cranes, oppresses women, and pursues global terrorism is  more rational than a president using practiced deterrence strategy.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/01/russian-downed-plane-iran-ukraine-top-official-200109154318859.html

On 1/9/2020 at 12:32 PM, scribblet said:

I don't trust the Dems to tell the truth as they appear to be siding with Iran, but there was lots of open-source information,  many public threats from Soleimani's thugs.   Reuters has reported on this.    The Dems and the media's new narrative seems to be that Iran is more rational than Trump, so no war.   So, they now are saying that the  Iranian regime, which hangs gay people from cranes, oppresses women, and pursues global terrorism is  more rational than a president using practiced deterrence strategy.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/01/russian-downed-plane-iran-ukraine-top-official-200109154318859.html

Trump Derangement Syndrome is a helluva drug, those who have it especially bad side with Iran over Trump. All Trump had to do was not appease Iran to make the Democrats fall over themselves to become Iran sympathizers.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Apparently the decision to take out the General was made many months ago....seven. So that pretty much belies the whole 'reckless' narrative.  

25 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Apparently the decision to take out the General was made many months ago....seven. So that pretty much belies the whole 'reckless' narrative.  

I wonder if that green light was given on a 'first opportunity' basis or a 'wait for him to do something stupid and then take him out' basis. 

People in the media are still in full-blown freak out mode right now over the killing of Gen "cuddles" Suleimani, and this is after his troops killed an American and they attacked a US Embassy. There was way less reason to take him out 7 months ago. The media could have run rough-shod on Trump back then. 

Edited by WestCanMan

On 1/8/2020 at 6:25 AM, WestCanMan said:

their best move is to destroy Iranian missile DEFENCE systems, Iranian radar stations, and then make Iran into a no-fly zone.

:lol:

See if I got it right. Here's what you want to do:

— Start a full blown war with Iran, kill a lot of people while breaking international law .....and back off pretending nothing happened and hoping no one was paying attention.

11 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

that pretty much belies the whole 'reckless' narrative.  

Reckless narrative? Do some people still believe in those?

1 hour ago, Marocc said:

Reckless narrative? Do some people still believe in those?

The media has portrayed this as something Trump personally decided to do out of the blue...calling him reckless and numerous other names...as usual.

The decision to remove this blight on humanity from the battlefield was made seven months ago.

I could care less if you support the butcher.

11 hours ago, Marocc said:

— Start a full blown war with Iran, kill a lot of people while breaking international law .....and back off pretending nothing happened and hoping no one was paying attention.

Of course you didn't get it right. You're not nearly as smart as I am. I can create a plan that doesn't make sense to you even after you've had days to mull the whole scenario over.

1) I didn't call for the US to start a war, but if Iran escalates this into a war then the US needs to act swiftly and decisively.

2) Taking out radar installations and missile defence systems has an almost zero casualty rate, especially among civilians.

3) Iran will see the writing on the wall at that point: they will be sitting ducks for drone attacks and cruise missile strikes, and they already know that Trump targets leadership, not civilians and soldiers, so the leadership will suddenly become huge pacifists. 

That's a plan for a decisive military victory with an absolutely minimal amount of casualties. Trump (no doubt taking the advice of US military strategists) set the table for this to work brilliantly when he took out Suleimani with one shot. 

FYI, I'm aware that the Iranians put a lot of their missile defence systems and radar installations in civilian areas in order to intentionally incur casualties, or so that they can kill some of their own civilians and blame it on other countries for the cheap propaganda victory. They've been using Palestinian "refugees" for 70 years just to foment hatred against Israel. There is literally nothing that is beneath them. But I still think that this is the quickest, easiest and least costly way to win a war with Iran if it comes down to it.

12 hours ago, Marocc said:

May as well, Iran doesn't care about international law.

14 minutes ago, Shady said:

May as well, Iran doesn't care about international law.

Few do anymore so why wait to get chased to the bottom when we can race there instead?

International law was written by the Hegemons for the Hegemons to favor the Hegemons, International law doesn't say what the public thinks it does.

International law provides exponential legal avenues to use force, starting with UN Article 51,  which is a very broad mandate, intentionally so.

You guys still believe Iran attacked US bases when not one American or Iraqi was even wounded? Yeah right they let the Iraqi Prime Minister know 2 hours before. Likely the Americans even sooner. This lying cheating deceiving murderous regime of islamic republic is well known after four decades of similar actions.

1 hour ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

You guys still believe Iran attacked US bases when not one American or Iraqi was even wounded? Yeah right they let the Iraqi Prime Minister know 2 hours before. Likely the Americans even sooner. This lying cheating deceiving murderous regime of islamic republic is well known after four decades of similar actions.

Who are you asking and which side are you in this post? Almost seems like you're on both.

Conspiracy thinking turning your brain inside out or something? There's a lot of that going around and I think they're working on a vaccine but...that'll probably just make things worse.  I'm on neither side myself but the only language anyone seems to understand anymore is some pidgin Earth/Htare hybrid and I guess a lot gets lost in the translation.

13 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Who are you asking and which side are you in this post? Almost seems like you're on both.

What kind of question is that!!!!. Are you blind or illiterate or something. I have been opposing the murderous islamic republic of Iran, spreading the news of their atrocities, ordering their thugs from behind, killing hundreds of defenseless women and children included, torture, rape, deceiving and cheating and lying by this imposed regime admiring Trump for standing alone against this barbaric regime, asking for support for this defenseless nation and you ask me which side I am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I am asking those who started the thread entitled Iran attacked American bases and those who commented about Iran's attack. It was all lies designed to be sold at home for domestic consumption.

I was reporting in another deceiving act by this regime that they informed the Americans to hide in bunkers before they attacked because they did not wish any American casualties and then claimed to their thugs that they have attacked the Americans and initially claimed have killed many and destroyed the based. What other language do I have to post my comments for you to understand?

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

5 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

What kind of question is that!!!!. Are you blind or illiterate or something.

What other language do I have to post my comments for you to understand?

Something other than conspiranese.  You just said the Iranians have been warning their enemies about impending attacks for the last 4 decades.

5 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Something other than conspiranese.  You just said the Iranians have been warning their enemies about impending attacks for the last 4 decades.

I said in their supposedly attack on January 6th not the whole 4 decades. And that is not conspiracy but based on political and military analysis that 15 missiles fired and many large tall strong buildings destroyed and not one person even injured. They were all in bunkers well ahead of time. It is in the news though as a fact that they let Iraqi PM know about impending attack 2 hours before (and I bet he said nothing to Americans). For the whole 4 decades they have been lying and deceiving the people, the nation of Iran in particular.

1 hour ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

I said in their supposedly attack on January 6th not the whole 4 decades. And that is not conspiracy but based on political and military analysis that 15 missiles fired and many large tall strong buildings destroyed and not one person even injured. They were all in bunkers well ahead of time.

Another way to spin this is that Iran can target something accurately enough to deliberately miss it.  The missile launch was intended to show Iranians how tough their regime is while avoiding the shock and awe response Trump was promising. The Iranian regime is manipulative and odious but its not stupid.  That said there's no doubt in my mind the plane was shot down by accident because it sure made a mess of whatever hay Iran was making out of the international condemnation of Trump's extra-judicial murder and political assassination of Soleimani.

It is in the news though as a fact that they let Iraqi PM know about impending attack 2 hours before (and I bet he said nothing to Americans). For the whole 4 decades they have been lying and deceiving the people, the nation of Iran in particular.

Why would Iraq's PM feel any need to warn their occupiers of an attack against their bases? The US has been lying to them for decades too.