Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums
godzilla

Trump actions kill 63 Canadians

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, ProudConservative said:

90% of them come from Saudi Arabia... A country with half the population of Iran.

9/11 hijackers are not representative of all the terrorists on the planet. Again, just because Saudi Arabia is bad doesn't mean Iran is good, you are viewing the world through too binary of a lens, and it's leading you to some faulty conclusions.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

9/11 hijackers are not representative of all the terrorists on the planet. Again, just because Saudi Arabia is bad doesn't mean Iran is good.

Saudi Arabia is far worse than Iran.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ProudConservative said:

Saudi Arabia is far worse than Iran.

Not really. They both suck. You just want to give Iran a pass because they don't like Saudi Arabia. You think the world is black and white, therefore if Saudi Arabia is bad and Iran is their enemy, then Iran must be good, but that's not how reality works. Just like your MIC is bad, therefore everyone who doesn't like the American MIC is good, not how it works. China and Russia aren't good because they oppose the American MIC, the world is not as black and white as you think.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Not really. They both suck. You just want to give Iran a pass because they don't like Saudi Arabia. You think the world is black and white, therefore if Saudi Arabia is bad and Iran is their enemy, then Iran must be good, but that's not how reality works. Just like your MIC is bad, therefore everyone who doesn't like the American MIC is good, not how it works.

I feel like we can meet Iran half way... but all we do is piss on them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ProudConservative said:

I feel like we can meet Iran half way... but all we do is piss on them.

All Iran does is piss on the US, most Americans don't even know where Iran is. The US is more than willing to meet them halfway, but Iran refuses to meet them even a quarter of the way, it's their way or the highway. It is Iran who is the problem, not America.

I don't hear Americans chanting Death to Iran in the streets for decades, but I do hear Iranians chanting Death to America in the streets for decades. You are fooling yourself if you think Iran is acting in good faith here and America is the bad actor. America is not perfect, but Iran is a lot further from perfect than America.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

All Iran does is piss on the US, most Americans don't even know where Iran is. The US is more than willing to meet them halfway, but Iran refuses to meet them even a quarter of the way, it's their way or the highway. It is Iran who is the problem, not America.

I don't hear Americans chanting Death to Iran in the streets for decades, but I do hear Iranians chanting Death to America in the streets for decades. You are fooling yourself if you think Iran is acting in good faith here and America is the bad actor. America is not perfect, but Iran is a lot further from perfect than America.

This guy is brilliant.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, ProudConservative said:

Saudi Arabia is far worse than Iran.

Why?

 

48 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Iran is a lot further from perfect than America.

That's what America wants. A typical tactic of an abuser.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Marocc said:

That's what America wants. A typical tactic of an abuser.

America certainly wishes Iran was a lot closer to perfect than it currently is, so you're wrong. Not what America wants at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

As long as the west and other parts of the world remain so dependent on rogue America, it will remain so.

Losing "confidence" in U.S. leadership means having to confront the lack of leadership at home.

That doesn’t excuse poor American leadership.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The title for this thread should change to

Iran regime shoots down a commercial aircraft killing 176 passengers many its own citizens.

Mounting evidence pointing to ANOTHER Iran regime mass murder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

That doesn’t excuse poor American leadership.  

If the leadership of everywhere else is poorer, then how poor is American leadership really? You seem to be measuring leadership based on how one measures up to an ideal that will never be achieved in human governance, while glossing over how one measures up to the actual competition being faced, so as to be devoid of all context and result in faulty analysis.

American leadership is poor, you say? Compared to who?

Edited by Yzermandius19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

If the leadership of everywhere else is poorer, then how poor is American leadership really? You seem to be measuring leadership based on how one measures up to an ideal that will never be achieved in human governance, while glossing over how one measures up to the actual competition being faced, so as to be devoid of all context and result in faulty analysis.

American leadership is poor, you say? Compared to who?

I don’t expect perfection and I think the Iran situation is tricky.  I do think there are many examples of better and worse American leadership.  Canada’s leadership needs to take it up several notches too.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

America certainly wishes Iran was a lot closer to perfect than it currently is, so you're wrong. Not what America wants at all.

One could write a book of the problems with the very idea that US has of something being 'prefect', but ignoring that, there are people in control in the US government who do not wish good to Iran. I have no doubt there are also people who do. In general as the situation stands it is bad for Iran.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

I do think there are many examples of better and worse American leadership

I don't think they've seen rock bottom yet..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The easiest solution is for Iran to literally turn over its national defence to the Americans like the Saudis did.  In exchange, all US sanctions/economic embargoes are dropped.  I think Obama was trying to move in that direction, but the Iranian theocracy is hell bent on maintaining its hold on power.  Not sure the average Iranian is willing to accept American intervention.  They are rallying around their general.  Iraq isn’t much better.  So that’s where the hawkish approach falls apart.  Yeah sure carry a big stick, but if people feel that they are being unfairly squeezed economically, they will eventually give up on engagement and possibly radicalize.  At some point there has to be diplomacy.  Don’t get me wrong, Iran has been a bad actor, executing writers and curtailing the freedoms of the population.  It’s an oppressive regime, which is why Canada closed its embassy and cut off diplomatic relations a few years ago.  Don’t forget that they executed a Canadian writer.  The missile strike on the plane just demonstrates their incompetence.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing about the Ukraine plane crash, including what the US, Canadian, or Iranian govs say should be believed without evidence.

Before the Iraq War and Vietnam War (Gulf of Tonkin, Pentagon Papers), the US has a history of falsifying claims.  Let's see the satellite footage and black box, for starters.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Yeah sure carry a big stick, but if people feel that they are being unfairly squeezed economically, they will eventually give up on engagement and possibly radicalize.  At some point there has to be diplomacy.

Diplomacy has been tried, Iran will not broker an honest deal, and trying to bribe them into accepting one simply accelerated the radicalization more so than deterrence ever has, it will not magically transform them into the good guys, that is naive wishful thinking that was the basis of Obama's Iran Deal in the first place. Appeasement has been tried, it failed, time to switch it up, not double down on fail and hope that treating the bad guys with kid gloves will make them be reasonable all of a sudden, that's not how it works. Soft on Iran is a complete fail.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Nothing about the Ukraine plane crash, including what the US, Canadian, or Iranian govs say should be believed without evidence.

Before the Iraq War and Vietnam War (Gulf of Tonkin, Pentagon Papers), the US has a history of falsifying claims.  Let's see the satellite footage and black box, for starters.

If the American government/CIA was behind that or any other targeting of civilians, they are morally bankrupt and not to be trusted.  If that kind of activity is happening, China would have greater moral authority than the Americans, and the American hegemony would be lost by popular demand.  I’m sure the American executive knows this, which is why I can’t see that happening.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's all about nuclear weapons - that's all.  We can talk about sanctions and overthrows or anything else you want, it doesn't matter.  Iran has been actively seeking nuclear weapons for 40+ years and at every turn the USA has blocked them.  Diplomacy won't help, leaving them alone won't help, a change in US government wont help, nothing will help except allowing Iran to possess nukes - and nobody wants that, not even China and Russia.  I'm not saying anything new or provocative, that's the reality - the want a nukes and no amount of appeasement or diplomacy is going to change that. 

And, if anyone thinks the "nuclear deal" was working - think again, they were at 20% enrichment when the deal was signed, now they're saying that they're inside of a year from developing nukes.  Yeah, they didn't skip a beat - probably ramped it up after securing the $150B.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You've all got it wrong.   It was Israeli secret agents,  you know, part of the international Zionist -Jewish conspiracy,  disguised as sand dunes who  secretly fired the missile from the Golan Heights, personally approved by Trump.    Try to keep up, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, scribblet said:

You've all got it wrong.   It was Israeli secret agents,  you know, part of the international Zionist -Jewish conspiracy,  disguised as sand dunes who  secretly fired the missile from the Golan Heights, personally approved by Trump.    Try to keep up, 

You're probably being sarcastic, but that actually could be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 12:32 PM, godzilla said:

Trumps need to change the channel from his Impeachment has now caused the death of hundreds of civilians including 63 Canadians.

ukraine plane likely shot down iran missile report

‘Absolutely insane’: Mike Lee rips Iran briefing as GOP unites behind Trump

and now Trump wants NATO to get involved?!

Trump asks for NATO help in Middle East

time to start burning some American flags here I guess!

Horsecrap. Blaming Trump is as illogical as blaming Iran. In a live fire zone any civilian who walks into it without taking precautions is to blame in this case Ukrainian Airlines. Tell me how much sleep have you lost over Assad  or Putin using Syrian airspace to kill civilians. Right.

Edited by Rue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, scribblet said:

You've all got it wrong.   It was Israeli secret agents,  you know, part of the international Zionist -Jewish conspiracy,  disguised as sand dunes who  secretly fired the missile from the Golan Heights, personally approved by Trump.    Try to keep up, 

Ok I am caught....but remember I am part of Satanist Illuminati Draco shapeshifters.  We have a complex agenda.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Marocc said:

You're probably being sarcastic, but that actually could be.

No he`s Canadian. We are very serious people. Please watch Corner Gas re-runs. Our culture is explained in those documentaries. Also we don`t allow any sort of profanity either. Our idea of profanity is the sport of Curling. Its as far as we go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...