Political Discussion Forums

Trump Impeachment/Indictment Process

20 minutes ago, Shady said:

I think you mean police actions.  But yes, it's sort of a way around it.  Except declaring war allows much more to be done.

More importantly though it's how a proper declaration also constrains what isn't allowed - the things Presidents seem to think they have a right to get around.

6 minutes ago, eyeball said:

More importantly though it's how a proper declaration also constrains what isn't allowed - the things Presidents seem to think they have a right to get around.

True.  But if the legislative branch isn't going to reign in executive power, it will continue to happen.  Congress has failed in that regard for decades.

17 minutes ago, Shady said:

True.  But if the legislative branch isn't going to reign in executive power, it will continue to happen.  Congress has failed in that regard for decades.

You think the victims of America's failure to get its house in order give a shit? This seems less like an excuse and more like a shrug that reeks of the convenience I mentioned.

It's what makes the US the vilest shit-disturber on the planet because it simply knows better and just shrugs it off.

Edited by eyeball
1 hour ago, eyeball said:

You think the victims of America's failure to get its house in order give a shit? This seems less like an excuse and more like a shrug that reeks of the convenience I mentioned.

It's what makes the US the vilest shit-disturber on the planet because it simply knows better and just shrugs it off.

1.  Probably not.

2.  Complete nonsense.

On 1/28/2020 at 4:13 PM, eyeball said:

Only because it needs to be said is all. I certainly don't expect anything will change. This impeachment is clearly bound to only make things more surreal.

Most Americans have no clue about how their government works and don't vote. That explains why the political arena  can operate in such a vacuum of moral and ethical propriety-no one is holding its politicians accountable for their behaviour.  Republican Senators felt no pressure to act according to their sworn duties because they feel their constituents don't care what they do. Apathy breeds lack of accountability and that then leads to  dictatorships as  history has taught us this over and over again.

Americans do have a vote. They  do have the power to throw both Trump and Republican Senators out if they want. If they don't exercise their vote to do that they have no one but themselves to blame.  

In the interim I think Canada  should interview Americans coming to Canada and not allow in those who support Trump as their views are not compatible with Western views as to democracy, I also think we should deport all Americans now in our country. You can't be too careful.

1 hour ago, Rue said:

In the interim I think Canada  should interview Americans coming to Canada and not allow in those who support Trump as their views are not compatible with Western views as to democracy, I also think we should deport all Americans now in our country. You can't be too careful.

And their gun culture!  Another shooting in California today, on a Greyhound bus!   The really scary part is that you can't tell who will suddenly whip out a gun and start shooting, cause they look just like us!  

/s

If Trump were to be removed for something this trivial and obviously partisan, I truly believe there would be a violent revolution.  Trump supporters have so far taken this in stride, and with certain amusement, but this would be viewed as a coup d'etat...a removal of their rights.  In Canada, we would just ask if we still had healthcare and mosey on to work, I think the US would be in an all out right vs. left war. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rue said:

Most Americans have no clue about how their government works and don't vote. That explains why the political arena  can operate in such a vacuum of moral and ethical propriety-no one is holding its politicians accountable for their behaviour.  Republican Senators felt no pressure to act according to their sworn duties because they feel their constituents don't care what they do. Apathy breeds lack of accountability and that then leads to  dictatorships as  history has taught us this over and over again.

Americans do have a vote. They  do have the power to throw both Trump and Republican Senators out if they want. If they don't exercise their vote to do that they have no one but themselves to blame.  

WTF!  I agree with you on certain issues, others not so much, but at least I usually consider what you say.  You're starting to sound like Bubber now!  Yikes!

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Rue said:

They also have the right to keep Trump and the Republicans in power without regard to what foreign nationals think about it, be they Russian or Canadian.

...and guns....the right to own lots of guns !

15 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

They also have the right to keep Trump and the Republicans in power without regard to what foreign nationals think about it, be they Russian or Canadian.

...and guns....the right to own lots of guns !

Yah you can kill each other off yahoo!  You are weird BC. You probably have this thing for Smith & Wesson – 629's. None of my business though. God bless your pistols.

5 minutes ago, Rue said:

Yah you can kill each other off yahoo!  You are weird BC. You probably have this thing for Smith & Wesson – 629's. None of my business though. God bless your pistols.

I guess that's really at the bottom of your U.S. anxieties...you worry about things in a foreign country that you have absolutely no control over.

The Democrats are off to very bad start...be prepared for the real possibility that President Trump will win a second term.

20 hours ago, Hal 9000 said:

WTF!  I agree with you on certain issues, others not so much, but at least I usually consider what you say.  You're starting to sound like Bubber now!  Yikes!

Hey hey watch it now-no need to get so insulting.  You know how sensitive I am..  

Here's some stats/info on the turnouts for Prez elections:

http://www.electproject.org/home/voter-turnout/cps-methodology

https://www.statista.com/statistics/262915/voter-turnout-in-the-us-presidential-elections/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/11/10/even-in-a-historic-election-americans-dont-vote-as-much-as-those-from-other-nations/

Federally you might get me to agree as many as 60% vote but it lowers with state and municipal turn outs and some states have much higher turn outs than other states.

As for Americans not knowing their own constitution:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1368482/How-ignorant-Americans-An-alarming-number-U-S-citizens-dont-know-basic-facts-country.html

(aboive shows 70% don't know about their own constitution)

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/micahrate/2017/09/12/draft-n2380288

https://hub.jhu.edu/2018/12/14/americans-dont-understand-state-government/

Regards,

Bernard Saunders

8 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

I guess that's really at the bottom of your U.S. anxieties...you worry about things in a foreign country that you have absolutely no control over.

The Democrats are off to very bad start...be prepared for the real possibility that President Trump will win a second term.

Me worry about your gun obsession? Me no think so. Me obsessed only with mine prostate...or Shakira. Puhleez