Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums

Pipeline protestors need to be jailed


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The ongoing protests in BC, Ontario and elsewhere show the depths of ignorance, stupidity and vapid self-indulgence we've come to expect from much of the activist and progressive populations, along wi

It has nothing to do with democracy.  If somebody is breaking the law, the law has to be enforced.  Like I've already stated, I'm sure if protesters were shutting down abortion clinics, you'd have a m

Wrong - again. Delgamuukw did not settle the question of Wet’suwet’en title As protests in support of Wet’suwet’en hereditary chiefs opposed to the Coastal GasLink pipeline continue to r

Posted Images

8 hours ago, eyeball said:

Well, I guess by that token Canada is free to invade the Wet'suwet'en and settle it the traditional way.

 

No, it means people are all the same. We all have the same virtues and vices. The solution is to not repeat the same atrocities our ancestors committed. Patience, respect and conversation works. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2020 at 9:20 PM, Argus said:

No, I'm a law and order conservative who especially doesn't like violent offenders.

You're the one calling for violence.

You really don't like democracy, do you?

Authoritarians only like to take orders or give orders. This thinking and democracy  stuff is just too complicated. Lol 

Edited by jacee
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jacee said:

You're the one calling for violence.

You really don't like democracy, do you?

Authoritarians only like to take orders or give orders. This thinking and democracy  stuff is just too complicated. Lol 

It has nothing to do with democracy.  If somebody is breaking the law, the law has to be enforced.  Like I've already stated, I'm sure if protesters were shutting down abortion clinics, you'd have a much different attitude.  

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jacee said:

.....You really don't like democracy, do you?

Authoritarians only like to take orders or give orders. This thinking and democracy  stuff is just too complicated. Lol 

Mobocracy is not democracy, upholding the rule of law that Trudeau likes to bang on about is in the best interests of Canadians. bit that apparently doesn't apply to some where race based preferential treatment is the order of the day.   

There were consultations, 20 elected Chiefs agree with it, they want jobs and prosperity for their people , those protesting are only one band the Unist'ot'en who I suppose, don't want prosperity and jobs.

the real views of the nation are not often reported by the MSM

https://www.spencerfernando.com/2020/02/10/watch-wetsuweten-nation-member-supports-coastal-gaslink-pipeline-says-many-protesters-are-from-outside-community-from-united-states/?fbclid=IwAR29Zq9fbRvXqpRtM4bAYdecSL6e3ro3QvnzVX4SIcgu4toQ5lmSUUCY0-4https://www.spencerfernando.com/2020/02/10/watch-wetsuweten-nation-member-supports-coastal-gaslink-pipeline-says-many-protesters-are-from-outside-community-from-united-states/?fbclid=IwAR29Zq9fbRvXqpRtM4bAYdecSL6e3ro3QvnzVX4SIcgu4toQ5lmSUUCY0-4

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Pandering merely enables and empowers these group as a weak gov't creates a vacuum which nature abhors.  If you're nice to the cannibals they might eat you last.

The question to me is:  were all these blockades coordinated to be when Trudeau was on holiday/business in Africa and was the apathy of the RCMP  equally coordinated?   National chaos and collapse is the globalist agenda.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

No, it means people are all the same. We all have the same virtues and vices. The solution is to not repeat the same atrocities our ancestors committed. Patience, respect and conversation works. 

I doubt that's going to work for Alberta.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

No, it means people are all the same. We all have the same virtues and vices. The solution is to not repeat the same atrocities our ancestors committed. Patience, respect and conversation works. 

Atrocities?  Please cite.  Also, my ancestors came here in the 20th century.  Please be specific about which ancestors did these things.  Also, I'd like to know what kind of conversation you'd expect to have with someone barricading the entrance to your street standing with a rifle and a burning garbage can for the last week.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Atrocities?  Please cite.

The rape of Nanking, the enslavement of large numbers of Sinixt by the Shushwap, the forced removal of the Kootenai from Southern Alberta by the Blackfeet, the genocide of the original first nations in the eastern arctic by the Inuit, the massacre of the inhabitants of Jerusalem by the European allies in the First Crusade, the Rwandan genocide, the mass execution of 4500 Saxon prisoners by Charlemagne at Verden, the Cultural Revolution in China, the Holocaust, the murder of tens of millions by Stalin. There are many more examples. My point was that the protesters in this instance, should be aware that the actions they accuse others of doing have also been done by some First Nations to others.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

The rape of Nanking, the enslavement of large numbers of Sinixt by the Shushwap, the forced removal of the Kootenai from Southern Alberta by the Blackfeet, the genocide of the original first nations in the eastern arctic by the Inuit, the massacre of the inhabitants of Jerusalem by the European allies in the First Crusade, the Rwandan genocide, the mass execution of 4500 Saxon prisoners by Charlemagne at Verden, the Cultural Revolution in China, the Holocaust, the murder of tens of millions by Stalin. There are many more examples. My point was that the protesters in this instance, should be aware that the actions they accuse others of doing have also been done by some First Nations to others.

Oh okay, I thought you were referring to “atrocities” committed against Indigenous in Canada by people of European background.  A lot of people are throwing around hyperbolic language and conflating unrelated peoples and histories.  People are ignorant basically and it has huge political implications when misleading people are persuasive.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jacee said:

You're the one calling for violence.

Putting criminals in jail is not violence.

5 hours ago, jacee said:

You really don't like democracy, do you?

You mean the kind of democracy where a mob gathers and blocks an elected minister from getting through a door for a meeting?

5 hours ago, jacee said:

Authoritarians only like to take orders or give orders. This thinking and democracy  stuff is just too complicated. Lol 

For some of us, clearly.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I would bet the Mohawks blocking trains in Ont are american. They seem to be always up here during these things. It is sad to have people like jacee,that just don't grasp what is going on, just jump on board with every protest.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, eyeball said:

Now multiply that by a couple thousand, 5000, 10000... the province gave up after 800 hereabouts.

So what your saying is it's ok to break the law if you have the numbers, that a small percentage of citizens can hold the rest of the nation hostage is just crazy talk, the Federal government needs to tell RCMP get on with it, and use as much force as they need to make arrests period if they need to fill Vancouver's hockey stadium to end this crises then so be it...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Alliance director Chief Dan George on the Rob Breakenridge radio show in Calgary: “As an elected official, my job is to listen to my people and they wanted this - 80% voted for LNG.” Listen to the podcast here: http://ow.ly/bXWt50yk1Dn

 

Wet'suwet'en Chief Dan George makes a very interesting point. The offices of the hereditary chiefs opposing the Coastal Gas Link pipeline is heated with natural gas from the Pacific Northern Gas pipeline. They seem to have no problem with the "fracked gas" from that pipeline.

 

https://omny.fm/shows/afternoons-with-rob-breakenridge/why-we-also-need-to-listen-to-first-nations-who-su
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is insane. Are we a country with laws, or are we not? Imagine if Alberta Seperatist decided to block the bridges between Ottawa and Quebec. Do you think those bridges would be blocked for 7 days and counting? No... The Ottawa and Quebec police would have them arrested within one hour. We need a vote of nonconfidence, and send it to the Queen demanding the immediate removal of Justin Trudeau.

We need to have severe prison senteces for protestors who barracade critical infrastructure. If I can go to jail for one year for shooting a BB gun over 495 feet per second, i'm sure we can come up with tougher laws for these protestors.

Is there anyone who would be opposed to implimenting a minimum 6 month prison sentence for all protestors who barracade critical infrastructure? 

If I were prime minister. I would send multiple swat teams... and issue one warning... "If you don't clear the area within 10 minute you will be arrested. If you refuse to stand down peacefully, it's at your own risk"

We also need to pass laws, requiring the police to arrest these types of protestors within one hour. Any police department. If the police refuse, they forfeit their badge.

Edited by ProudConservative
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

So what your saying is it's ok to break the law if you have the numbers, that a small percentage of citizens can hold the rest of the nation hostage is just crazy talk, the Federal government needs to tell RCMP get on with it, and use as much force as they need to make arrests period if they need to fill Vancouver's hockey stadium to end this crises then so be it...

I'm simply saying it is what it is. I saw 800 arrests reverse a government's course and you know perfectly well what you're proposing will not happen.

Ottawa deeply miscalculated when it tried to lean on the strength of the elected chiefs and councils to get approval for this pipeline.  Indigenous political sovereignty is an internationally recognized right that Canada recognizes too and the decisions of the colonially created band councils do not take precedence over those of the hereditary chiefs.  THAT just is what it is too. Deal with it and negotiate.

I suspect there will be consent and then environmentalists will be faced with a conundrum.  The same conundrum they're faced with hereabouts where 1st Nations have said they're going logging again...this time according to their rules.  So....the environmentalists are dealing with it and negotiating.  Get in line I guess.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ProudConservative said:

This is insane. Are we a country with laws, or are we not? Imagine if Alberta Seperatist decided to block the bridges between Ottawa and Quebec. Do you think those bridges would be blocked for 7 days and counting? No... The Ottawa and Quebec police would have them arrested within one hour. We need a vote of nonconfidence, and send it to the Queen demanding the immediate removal of Justin Trudeau.

We need to have severe prison senteces for protestors who barracade critical infrastructure. If I can go to jail for one year for shooting a BB gun over 495 feet per second, i'm sure we can come up with tougher laws for these protestors.

Is there anyone who would be opposed to implimenting a minimum 6 month prison sentence for all protestors who barracade critical infrastructure? 

If I were prime minister. I would send multiple swat teams... and issue one warning... "If you don't clear the area within 10 minute you will be arrested. If you refuse to stand down peacefully, it's at your own risk"

We also need to pass laws, requiring the police to arrest these types of protestors within one hour. Any police department. If the police refuse, the forfeit their badge.

Maybe we could deploy electromagnetic weapons! That'll teach 'em to mess with the Queen!

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Maybe we could deploy electromagnetic weapons! That'll teach 'em to mess with the Queen!

I never invaded Canada... I was born in Canada... This is no more native land.... than it's mine. If natives want to commit economic war against my country, I say we fight back... But that will only happen if we can cure ourselves of political correctness.

Edited by ProudConservative
Link to post
Share on other sites

Upon de-planing in Munich, Trudeau gave a short statement on protests in Canada: “We’re a country of the rule of law and we need to make sure those laws are followed.”   Yeah really, bet he doesn't lift a finger to stop the protests.

This issue is already settled as consultation and consent has been gained from all 20 First Nations impacted.   This a minority of extremists having a criminal temper tantrum and its time to enforce the law.

Edited by scribblet
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, scribblet said:

Upon de-planing in Munich, Trudeau gave a short statement on protests in Canada: “We’re a country of the rule of law and we need to make sure those laws are followed.”   Yeah really, bet he doesn't lift a finger to stop the protests.

This issue is already settled as consultation and consent has been gained from all 20 First Nations impacted.   This a minority of extremists having a criminal temper tantrum and its time to enforce the law.

Then why does it take 7 days to figure out? If we play nice... This will happen over and over again.... The radical environmental groups.... will just push them around like pawns.

Why can't the be arrested within one hour... Send in a swat team, if they're hostile.

Edited by ProudConservative
Link to post
Share on other sites

We can't just arrest them, and release them a few days later. There has to be a strong deterent, so this doesn't happen in the future.  It should be a minimum of 6 months in prison for commiting economic teorrism.

Also what is Doug Ford doing???? I might not vote for his re-election.... I'm kind of pissed that he's sitting on his ass, and not having them arrested.

At least Mike Harris got the job done.

Edited by ProudConservative
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Shady said:

It has nothing to do with democracy.  If somebody is breaking the law, the law has to be enforced.  

The right to dissent is the only thing that matters in democracy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements




  • Tell a friend

    Love Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...