Political Discussion Forums
Argus

Pipeline protestors need to be jailed

12 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I think the biggest difference is tonal.  I didn't say anything about results - clearly Trudeau has more of a challenge and has delivered less unity also.

Please don't put words in my mouth.  I have shown myself to be open to points that you make, so don't try to convince yourself that I am biased against you; it isn't so.

You keep saying that the biggest difference is tonal, when it’s clearly and objectively not.  That’s very much denier behaviour.

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Fort Drum was ready to go during the October Crisis (1970) with boots, armour, and rotary winged aircraft.   The U.S. would more likely function in a support role to existing Canadian assets (provincial and federal).   Newer security agreements codify this kind of development.

Nobody needed the bloody US army then for a half dozen terrorists and nobody needs it now or in the foreseeable future. Natives are 1.4 million out of a population of 37.5 million. Any 'uprising' would be crushed in short order.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2020 at 9:44 AM, Grand Mal said:

Like I said, sounds like there's drama queens on both sides of the issue.

It is more like just a bunch of useless good for nothing troublemakers, like our politicians and the native Indians, who have become to use to and very spoiled, and have been able to live the good life at the expense of the rest of we the taxpaying people in Canada who have to pay for them to cause, mayhem, chaos and havoc. They all must have some pirates blood in them.

Sad thing is that if these pirate fools keep on doing what they are allowed to keep doing, the Canadian pirate ship could end up sinking. Maybe it is time to start making some of these useless good for nothing troublemakers mentioned above walk the plank in shark infested waters. How does a few hundred terrorist troublemakers get to run the life of the other 36 million taxpayer's in this country?

Again, it is always a minority of idiots that gets to run the show and gets to create problems for the majority. Maybe it is time for we the majority to start to cause chaos, mayhem and havoc for a change against these terrorists. But of course we no doubt would see action being taken by tour dear leader politicians and the police to start to take action against those fed up taxpaying people. There truly is a double standard in this country. Terrorists will get a free pass while the majority of people who just want to get on with their lives will be the ones that will get attacked and arrested by our so called politicians and the political police. They will enforce the criminal code then. Tyranny has now taken over Canada with no doubt there will be more to come. If they can get away with it once, then they will try and get away with it twice. Such is how things go on in Canada these days. Anarchy and tyranny rules, baby. ;)

1 minute ago, taxme said:

Anarchy and tyranny rules, baby. ;)

Burn baby burn, die in a fire, Post National State, we'll dance on your grave after, speech banning, gun grabbing nanny police states get what they deserve

Sic semper tyrannis

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

Burn baby burn, die in a fire, Post National State, we'll dance on your grave after, speech banning, gun grabbing nanny police states get what they deserve

Sic semper tyrannis

Maybe it's time I moved to Maine.

9 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

I'll remain here behind the lines, Foreign Internal Defense.

De Oppresso Liber

3 hours ago, Shady said:

You keep saying that the biggest difference is tonal, when it’s clearly and objectively not.  That’s very much denier behaviour.

Denying what?  I'm not stating a fact, but an opinion.  It's also my stated opinion that Harper got more results.

Are you trying to get me to say Trudeau is garbage, or maybe that he's amazing?  He's neither, move on.

7 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Denying what?  I'm not stating a fact, but an opinion.  It's also my stated opinion that Harper got more results.

Are you trying to get me to say Trudeau is garbage, or maybe that he's amazing?  He's neither, move on.

No I’m not trying to get you to say that.  Just to acknowledge real factual differences between the two situations that go beyond just tonal.

On 2/19/2020 at 3:01 PM, Dougie93 said:

You build Canada to wit Confederation up to be something that it is not.

Australia & New Zealand are both the British Crown without being in Confederation with one another, and Sidney has not ceded from New South Wales.

Neither Australia or New Zealand are legally part of the British Crown.  The Queen of Australia rules Australia, the Queen of New Zealand rules New Zealand.  They, Canada, and Britain all happen to share the same monarch.  None is above the other legally.  The British Empire in Canada is legally 100% non-existent.  Canada is a fully free and independent country from any other with zero legal links to Britain.

13 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Neither Australia or New Zealand are legally part of the British Crown.  The Queen of Australia rules Australia, the Queen of New Zealand rules New Zealand.  They, Canada, and Britain all happen to share the same monarch.  None is above the other legally.  The British Empire in Canada is legally 100% non-existent.  Canada is a fully free and independent country from any other with zero legal links to Britain.

There is no distinction between the Crown and the British Crown, the Crown is the British Crown, whether insecure Canadian colonials like it or not

The Crown of Canada is the British Crown, there is no separate Crown specific to the Dominions.

There is only one House of Windsor, which is the name of the Crown : suck it, Canada.

Edited by Dougie93

3 hours ago, Argus said:

Nobody needed the bloody US army then for a half dozen terrorists and nobody needs it now or in the foreseeable future. Natives are 1.4 million out of a population of 37.5 million. Any 'uprising' would be crushed in short order.

Not with this government....."dialog and patience" is the order of the day.

3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

True. But this government would never in a million years ask for US assistance either.

7 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

This government is no different than any other, "lets hope no one notices" has always been the order of the day when it comes to either reconciling or not reconciling the stupid things Canadian governments try to get away with - in this case hoping no one will notice that elected band councils just don't cut it on unceded lands.

Edited by eyeball

27 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Canada's feeble army doesn't have the logistics to crush anybody across such a vast territory,

Canada couldn't fight its way out of a wet paper bag without the Pentagon running it for them

Not only does Canada not have the boots to cover the ground, what boots they have are not even equipped, there's widespread shortages

The Canadian concept of operations is that Canada plugs a token force of one battalion group into the American logistics tail, by design

As a result, that is all the Canadian Army is really capable of now, in terms of actually trained and equipped troops to conduct sustained operations

Even the small number of troops Canada claims to have on paper are not there, all those units are under strength, they don't have the number of troops they claim

Boutique Army ; a few pieces of fancy kit in the showroom, without anything backing that up in the warehouse in the event of a crisis

Edited by Dougie93
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Maybe it is time for all of us to move to Maine. It can't be any worse than this country is in right now. Probably a lot better place to live. ;)

Edited by taxme

47 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

There is no distinction between the Crown and the British Crown, the Crown is the British Crown, whether insecure Canadian colonials like it or not

The Crown of Canada is the British Crown, there is no separate Crown specific to the Dominions.

There is only one House of Windsor, which is the name of the Crown : suck it, Canada.

Saying it doesn't make it true:

https://www.canada.ca/en/canadian-heritage/services/crown-canada/about.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/canadian-heritage/services/crown-canada/monarch.html

"Queen Elizabeth II became the first monarch to be separately proclaimed Sovereign of Canada. The proclamation reaffirmed the new monarch's position as Queen of Canada, a role independent of that as Queen of the United Kingdom and the other Commonwealth realms."

As for the Commonwealth of Nations:  "Member states have no legal obligations to one another, but are connected through their use of the English language and historical ties. Their stated shared values of democracy, human rights and the rule of law are enshrined in the Commonwealth Charter[8] and promoted by the quadrennial Commonwealth Games."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commonwealth_of_Nations

Pierre Trudeau officially told the British to suck it for good in 1982:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitution_of_Canada#Constitution_Act,_1982

The House of Windsor is the reigning royal house of Canada.  And of the UK.  Thus we are Commonwealth realms.

3 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Lulz.  Insecure colonials trying to paper over the glaringly obvious fact that their Crown and Head of State is British

No they aren't, they're Canadian.  The Queen is a Canadian you know.  You're living in the 1920's.

Just now, Moonlight Graham said:

No they aren't, they're Canadian.  The Queen is a Canadian you know.  You're living in the 1920's.

Whatever, Canada, we know you are insecure about being a colony, but really America is your daddy now, so don't worry about it

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

Whatever, Canada, we know you are insecure about being a colony, but really America is your daddy now, so don't worry about it

LOL. Well good thing we're no longer a colony.

America is a great big brother.  Great for schoolyard protection from bullies.  But we should also learn to defend ourselves, because what's going on now is a joke.

1 minute ago, Moonlight Graham said:

LOL. Well good thing we're no longer a colony.

America is a great big brother.  Great for schoolyard protection from bullies.  But we should also learn to defend ourselves, because what's going on now is a joke.

A Post National State has no troops, no allies.

Even if the Liberals called the tiny feeble Canadian Army in, they would refuse to do anything about it same as the OPP

Again, this is how the Mohawks won at Oka

They demonstrated that Canada is way too squeamish and leftist to run them over with the M113's

At which point its a stalemate where just fifty lightly armed Mohawks can hold off a Mechanized Brigade of 5000 troops