Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums
Argus

Pipeline protestors need to be jailed

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

1 No need to prove it to you,

2 the electorate has already thrown you out in favor of Doug Ford, if that didn't send you a message, nothing will.

 

1 No linky-proof, no truth.

2 You think I'm a Liberal?!  LOLOL 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, jacee said:

Do you even grasp the contradiction in your comments? 

2 The AFN represents Canada's elected Band Councils, some of whom are the "FNs that support resource extraction"

Lol 

1 The vast majority of Canadians - 72% - believe that Canada should be "actively resolving the core issues with Indigenous peoples". 

Federal-politics-March-4-2020-VF-updated.pdf

Nowhere does it say what you claim.

Greta Thunberg is certainly right: The fossil fuel lobby's dirty tactics, outright lies and inability to provide links/evidence/proof of their claims are just a sign of increasing desperation, knowing they are losing. 

What does resolve mean to you, paying off radicals, shutting down job opportunities, and further entrenching the apartheid Indian Act?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jacee said:

1 No linky-proof, no truth.

2 You think I'm a Liberal?!  LOLOL 

 

We know you’re at the green radical end of NDP

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jacee said:

Justin Trudeau is still SUBSIDIZING THE FOSSIL FUEL INDUSTRIES WITH BILLIONS OF DOLLARS OF OUR MONEY EVERY YEAR, propping up fossil fuel profits with corporate welfare, even as they are losing investor confidence.

Evidence?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jacee said:

1 No linky-proof, no truth.

2 You think I'm a Liberal?!  LOLOL 

 

No, the assertion is simply unproven, one need only cite evidence if one cares to prove something.

I didn't say you were a Liberal, but the Liberals discredited your agenda to the point that Ontario actually elected Doug Ford, nuff said

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

What does resolve mean to you, paying off radicals, shutting down job opportunities, and further entrenching the apartheid Indian Act?

It means resolve clean water issues, Aboriginal land claims, rights and title issues, duty of the Crown to consult and accommodate Aboriginal rights ...

BEFORE government inaction erupts into occupations and blockades, the only way Indigenous rights issues have ever gained national attention and brought about some short-lived government action. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jacee said:

It means resolve clean water issues, Aboriginal land claims, rights and title issues, duty of the Crown to consult and accommodate Aboriginal rights ...

BEFORE government inaction erupts into occupations and blockades, the only way Indigenous rights issues have ever gained national attention and brought about some short-lived government action. 

 

So the creation of numerous race based Bantustans with hereditary succession (kings) that Canada pays for?

 

Edited by DogOnPorch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

 

So the creation of numerous race based Bantustans with hereditary succession (kings) that Canada pays for?

 

That is in fact the essence of Canada, the French & Indian Bantustan of the British Empire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Everything in Canada corporate welfare, socialist Canada is not competitive without massive taxpayer intervention.

Well, all modern western liberal democracies divert public funds to supporting the economy.  Canada hasn’t borrowed as much as many countries, including the US. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

Well, all modern western liberal democracies divert public funds to supporting the economy.  Canada hasn’t borrowed as much as many countries, including the US. 

Whatabootism.   The global hegemon can borrow exponentially more than Canada, America is not a proxy for Canada.

The debt in Canada has been downloaded on the provinces and the masses, Ottawa will have to bail them out, so the net debt exceeds the federal debt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

That is in fact the essence of Canada, the French & Indian Bantustan of the British Empire.

So like the US, but with more financial support from taxpayers.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Whatabootism.   The global hegemon can borrow exponentially more than Canada, America is not a proxy for Canada.

The debt in Canada has been downloaded on the provinces and the masses, Ottawa will have to bail them out, so the net debt exceeds the federal debt

The ratio of debt to GDP is still lower than most (all?) of the G7.  Our banking system is solid.  I agree that being the US hegemon has its privileges, especially the pricing of commodities in US dollars.  However, the US military and security concerns worldwide are expensive.  The US is relying heavily on stimulus through borrowing.  We’re all doing it and following the Fed Reserve.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the king...pardon...hereditary chief...drives a huge gasoline powered truck and has been convicted of beating his wife. So I'm glad all these South Park Smug types have their morals in order.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zeitgeist said:

So like the US, but with more financial support from taxpayers.  

No, Canada is actually cheap, there's more support from the American taxpayer, Canada just doesn't get anything for its buck because Canada is pathologically incapable of monetization

This actually results in the Canadian taxpayer subsidizing foreign interests, to include American interests.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, jacee said:

It means resolve clean water issues, Aboriginal land claims, rights and title issues, duty of the Crown to consult and accommodate Aboriginal rights ...

BEFORE government inaction erupts into occupations and blockades, the only way Indigenous rights issues have ever gained national attention and brought about some short-lived government action. 

Literal blackmail for money using quasi or real terrorism. The public doesn’t support that and never will.  You live on the fringe and dialogue with like-minded individuals in a hall of mirrors that isn’t reality.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

The ratio of debt to GDP is still lower than most (all?) of the G7.  Our banking system is solid.  I agree that being the US hegemon has its privileges, especially the pricing of commodities in US dollars.  However, the US military and security concerns worldwide are expensive.  The US is relying heavily on stimulus through borrowing.  We’re all doing it and following the Fed Reserve.  

Indeed, but America is nowhere near an upper limit at 108% debt to GDP, Japan is at 234% and America's debt is worth far more than theirs

Back in the 90's the Liberals under Chretien downloaded the debt unto the provinces

The Federal reserve has allowed public to borrow  to keep up with the cost of living increases associated with all of Canada's hair brained schemes, mostly housing

Cooked up by the Laurentian Elite ruling class from their Ivory Towers in Toronto.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

Literal blackmail for money using quasi or real terrorism. The public doesn’t support that and never will.  You live on the fringe and dialogue with like-minded individuals in a hall of mirrors that isn’t reality.  

 

And resolved doesn't mean finished...it means encouraged to grab for more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

No, Canada is actually cheap, there's more support from the American taxpayer, Canada just doesn't get anything for its buck because Canada is pathologically incapable of monetization

This actually results in the Canadian taxpayer subsidizing foreign interests, to include American interests.

Not true.  We spend 10’s of billions on health, education, services and infrastructure on reserves, and collect very little tax revenue in return.  That’s the fundamental fact that makes true self- determination impossible.  Most reserves aren’t self-sustaining, and they never will be without resource development, which is why Jacee’s brand of radical green activism is so detrimental to Indigenous.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Indeed, but America is nowhere near an upper limit at 108% debt to GDP, Japan is at 234% and America's debt is worth far more than theirs

Back in the 90's the Liberals under Chretien downloaded the debt unto the provinces

The Federal reserve has allowed public to borrow  to keep up with the cost of living increases associated with all of Canada's hair brained schemes, mostly housing

Cooked up by the Laurentian Elite ruling class from their Ivory Towers in Toronto.

Actually governments have gotten out of the business of public housing to a large degree.  The US does it too.  Remember HUD?  It helped fuel the crash of 2008.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

Not true.  We spend 10’s of billions on health, education, services and infrastructure on reserves, and collect very little tax revenue in return. 

Whoop dee doo, America spends trillions, America spends more on healthcare, education and infrastructure than Canada does, although not so much on Indians.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Actually governments have gotten out of the business of public housing to a large degree.  The US does it too.  Remember HUD?  It helped fuel the crash of 2008.  

The crash of 2008 made me rich.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jacee said:

That's precisely ... nonsense: You've made that up. Where's your linky proof?  Lol 

https://environmentaldefence.ca/2019/06/06/cleaner-cheaper-growing-renewables-ready-canadian-policy-isnt/

We’ve seen that recently in Alberta. Over the last 18 months, renewable energy companies signed contracts to feed green power to the grid that will be cheaper than natural gas plants.

Despite common perceptions, those low costs are possible without subsidies. In

The fanatics continue to repeat lies about how 'cheap' wind and solar are. The fact is nobody builds either in this country without subsidies. That alone gives the lie to the bullshit.

Alberta’s NDP government set up its renewable energy subsidy program as a way to get the province to its 30 per cent renewable power target by 2030 while transitioning away from coal. The problem, says University of Calgary economist Harrie Vredenburg, is that wind power is much more expensive than natural gas.

“Renewables are difficult to a make a go of with the low price of alternative forms of generation,” said Vredenburg. “We learned the lesson in Europe: Germany and others had very high subsidies, and when they dropped those, it killed the renewable industry.”

https://globalnews.ca/news/5162397/alberta-renewable-energy-jobs-climate-policies/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Green Plan was a crippling double blow

Not only has the Wind & Solar Greenwashing been a disaster unto itself

The coal plants were already propping the Green Plan of the 1950's up, the huge costs of nuclear were being subsidized by cheap coal

So now there is just the twin costs of Nuclear and Green, and the cheap coal to prop it up is gone.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Argus said:

The fanatics continue to repeat lies about how 'cheap' wind and solar are. The fact is nobody builds either in this country without subsidies. That alone gives the lie to the bullshit.

 

Not that safe...or environmentally friendly, either. Huge toll on birds & bats.

ZIftGh-6lsQPTfmSZRHJCusbHCETiuGHwY7LGfpO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The media sold the idea that the coal plants were the cause of smog which is killing everybody

Even though smog has been going down steadily since the 1970's and coal plants were a tiny contributor to it and there's no evidence that anybody is actually dying of smog

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...