Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums

Will it be the virus that takes Trump down?


Recommended Posts

The Trump base is not all that invested in Wall Street, quite the opposite

The Trump base is not giving up a shot to appoint another Supreme Court justice because Exxon Mobile is taking a big hit

In terms of a recession in the real economy, they are going to want more Trump not less, more protectionism, more chauvinism, more America First not less.

Coronavirus will be become the new normal, 6-3 at the SCOTUS is still up for grabs none the less.

The Trump base is not a monolith, the ideological component is greater than the economic

Troubles come and go, but nothing will suppress the vote against the Antifa Commies

Edited by Dougie93
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

Coronavirus is the perfect excuse to fly around in a helicopter dropping cash in the Red districts, Trump to the rescue

Not a bad place to be in an election year

Exactly. He gets to take on some adversity and wear an S on his chest for a while. 

Plus, the Dems don't have a whole lot of great ideas that aren't already being implemented so they won't have an "I told you so" moment in this crisis.

If anything, the fact that the border is being controlled to a greater extent than the Dems would like is a bonus for Trump. If the Dems had their way then sick people from Mexico could wander across the border and jump into a hospital bed that Americans could otherwise be using. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, godzilla said:

and the dead will bury Trump.

Do you think that if Hillary was President she could wave a magic wand and keep all of America safe from Coronavirus? 

Would the party of "OPEN BORDERS PLUS FREE MEDICAL FOR ANYONE WHO COMES INTO THE COUNTRY!!!!!!" be the ones that you would want to have in power during a global pandemic?

Nope. The Dems are getting schooled right now on just how bad their idiotic policies are for Americans. If anything this is a really bad woodshed moment for them.

 

-The fact that you think this is somehow implicating Trump at the moment just speaks to your own dishonesty. You even lie to yourself. That's weird. 

-The fact that you're wishing for a death toll that's high enough to influence an election is sickening.

FYI you're not on the moral high ground here, at all. You couldn't be any lower than you are right at this point of your life.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/8/2020 at 10:32 AM, Dougie93 said:

History is not a harsh judge, not only is George W. Bush more popular than ever, Joseph Stalin is making a comeback too.

Che Guevera is popular, American MSM painted Suleimani as a beloved hero, a Democrat frontrunner is known to have sided with Castro, Iran & the Soviets...

The main thrust of progressivism seems to be "let's move forward with a blind eye towards history".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Coronavirus may actually provide Trump with political cover

This market was just looking for an excuse to correct, this is not the coronavirus panic yet, this is just animal spirits

The crash is being blamed on coronavirus,  when really its the correction that was going to happen anyways all along

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In addition to coronavirus, the Russo-Saudi Oil Price War is another external shock which is not policy related, so that's even more political cover

Are the Democrats the answer to any of this ?   If anything, the Democrats would send the market spiraling lower,  Bernie Bro shock.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

In addition to coronavirus, the Russo-Saudi Oil Price War is another external shock which is not policy related, so that's even more political cover

Are the Democrats the answer to any of this ?   If anything, the Democrats would send the market spiraling lower,  Bernie Bro shock.

It would almost be funny to see Bernie get elected just to see how fast the Dow could go down. I could easily see a drop of $8k on the first day.

"Capitalism is dead".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

It would almost be funny to see Bernie get elected just to see how fast the Dow could go down. I could easily see a drop of $8k on the first day.

"Capitalism is dead".

I would welcome it, buy low sell high, Sanders wouldn't get anything passed in the end, he would be Jimmy Carter 2.0, total gridlock. The less the government does the better.

Trump is simply a vehicle,  the Blue Collars are with him because of the economy, but most of the base is actually reactionary to the Progressive threat to the 1A & 2A

I don't see anybody budging at all, with RBG on death's door, everything is adjudicated by the SCOTUS in the end

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

the economy is rarely influenced by single changes in government policy. its the whole bundle that either helps or hinders. and that traditionally, big business has not cared whether its a D or an R. they have hooks in no matter what. sure there are short term fluctuations due to announcements but the overall price is baked in.

but... if the Trump admin has truly fucked this up and prevented any hope of containment (which appears to be the case) and the economy gets shuttered, then do you think that Trump has a chance in the general election with every big business steaming about that fuck up? i'm going to suggest that he hasn't. that he's fucked. the US government isn't even able to come up with that kind of money. this isn't 2008 where they just had to bail out some of the biggest banks... they'll have to bail out everything.

remember, the economy and health care are the #1 and/or #2 on most voters minds. when one of those go to shit then nobody generally cares whether it was the lead guys fault or not. sure, Trump has always been able to point the finger elsewhere... people will be thinking "hmm... what has Trump done for me aside from entertainment, yeah immigration is important and... what else? oh yeah, he fucked up and allowed the plague to infest us".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, godzilla said:

remember, the economy and health care are the #1 and/or #2 on most voters minds. when one of those go to shit then nobody generally cares whether it was the lead guys fault or not. sure, Trump has always been able to point the finger elsewhere... people will be thinking "hmm... what has Trump done for me aside from entertainment, yeah immigration is important and... what else? oh yeah, he fucked up and allowed the plague to infest us".

 

Then you will also have to give Trump credit for a robust economy able to withstand the virus panic.

Trump publicly banned travel to hot spots (waycist !) while Trudeau hid away from the media.

Hell, Trump evacuated 39 Canadians from Wuhan before Trudeau could even lease flights.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

Then you will also have to give Trump credit for a robust economy able to withstand the virus panic.

Trump publicly banned travel to hot spots (waycist !) while Trudeau hid away from the media.

Hell, Trump evacuated 39 Canadians from Wuhan before Trudeau could even lease flights.

the virus is contained in Canada! while its not in the US.... just saying! :)

of course, its going to be impossible to keep it contained in Canada now that the US has fucked up. we've already had cases come from Washington state! thanks a bunch!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, godzilla said:

the virus is contained in Canada! while its not in the US.... just saying! :)

of course, its going to be impossible to keep it contained in Canada now that the US has fucked up. we've already had cases come from Washington state! thanks a bunch!

 

 

Canada has more confirmed cases per capita than the USA.

Washington state was infected by Canadians and Chinese nationals from BC trying to buy cheaper gas and cigarettes.

They just love crossing the border !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

Canada has more confirmed cases per capita than the USA.

 

yeah, thats cause we actually know how many cases we have! hahaha!

11 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

Washington state was infected by Canadians and Chinese nationals from BC trying to buy cheaper gas and cigarettes.

 

bullshit. cite!

and nobody smokes here anymore.

Edited by godzilla
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, godzilla said:

yeah, thats cause we actually know how many cases we have! hahaha!

bullshit. cite!

and nobody smokes here anymore. we figured out its bad for you.

 

Twice as many Canadians cross the border each year than Americans going north.

...because they want to.    


Why Canadians talk about boycotting the U.S. but are actually travelling there more

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

Twice as many Canadians cross the border each year than Americans going north.

...because they want to.    


Why Canadians talk about boycotting the U.S. but are actually travelling there more

no no, don't pull that crap. the fact that Canadians like cross border shopping is not in dispute. you said that we infected the US. cite!

Edited by godzilla
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, godzilla said:

no no, don't pull that crap. the fact that Canadians like cross border shopping is not in dispute. you said that we infected the US. cite!

 

Canada is very dependent on the U.S. economy.  

Canadians cross the border at twice the volume of Americans, even though the U.S. has 10X the population.

What is so lacking in Canada ?   "Sad."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

Canada is very dependent on the U.S. economy.  

Canadians cross the border at twice the volume of Americans, even though the U.S. has 10X the population.

What is so lacking in Canada ?   "Sad."

getting a little off topic?

you said that we infected the US. cite!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, godzilla said:

the virus is contained in Canada! while its not in the US.... just saying! :)

of course, its going to be impossible to keep it contained in Canada now that the US has fucked up. we've already had cases come from Washington state! thanks a bunch!

 

The virus is not contained here and it's not going to be. Full airplanes come here from China every day.

What do you think we are doing to stop the virus here that they're not doing in the US?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Trump is so evil, but Canadians from Iran are still trying to get into the U.S.   

Just can't stay out of the USA.

 

Some Canadians suddenly blocked from U.S. even though targeting of Iranian-born travellers was 'corrected'

and the fact that the USCBP is populated by a bunch of racists is relevant to the topic... in what way?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...