Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums
WestCanMan

Trump Vs Trudeau on Coronavirus

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Follow Y’s approach and you get Italy’s results.  Responding to scientific fact with ideological belief never ends well.  

Follow Y's approach and you get South Korea's results. Italy cracked down far more and have had vastly worse results. Your theory that shutting down the economy is the best way to handle things is not working out so great in Italy, that's who you want to emulate, them and China, clown.

Whatever you do, don't emulate the clearly vastly superior model and destroy the economy instead, that's the ticket. Follow the examples who handled it the worst instead, great job.
:rolleyes:

Edited by Yzermandius19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Follow Y’s approach and you get Italy’s results.  Responding to scientific fact with ideological belief never ends well.  

Italy is shut down too. I don't think any of us are going to avoid being Italy in a few weeks time. What Y want's to do would make Italy look like a non-event.

He's accusing us of being fear mongering panic monkeys but that's only because he's being a fear mongering panic monkey about the economy. Probably because he likes the salty aftertaste he gets when sucking on Dodgy Don's pipe and is quite rightly scared that the supply of fluids will be shut off come November.

 

Edited by Iceni warrior

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Follow Y's approach and you get South Korea's results. Italy cracked down far more and have had vastly worse results. Your theory that shutting down the economy is the best way to handle things is not working out so great in Italy, that's who you want to emulate, them and China, clown.

Whatever you do, don't emulate the clearly vastly superior model and destroy the economy instead, that's the ticket. Follow the examples who handled it the worst instead, great job.
:rolleyes:

What exactly do you think SK is doing so differently? Do you think they are not ''panicking'' like everyone else?

Quote

This weekend, the government stepped up preventative action by sending out emergency alerts urging people to stay away from places which encourage mass gatherings such as churches, karaoke rooms, nightclubs and gyms.

It also asked religious leaders to check the temperature of followers and keep them at least two metres apart during any services they deemed necessary.

A number of churches are now facing legal action after violating the guidelines.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-52001837

The main difference seems to be that they are testing more people per head of population than anyone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Iceni warrior said:

Italy is shut down too. I don't think any of us are going to avoid being Italy in a few weeks time. What Y want's to do would make Italy look like a non-event.

He's accusing us of being fear mongering panic monkeys but that's only because he's being a fear mongering panic monkey about the economy. Probably because he likes the salty aftertaste he gets when sucking on Dodgy Don's pipe and is quite rightly scared that the supply of fluids will be shut off come November.

 

Following the Italian model is retarded, clearly they don't have slightest clue what they are doing. If you think everyone following Italy's example, which would result in shutting down the world economy, won't cause lots of economic damage, I would suggest this is because you have no real grasp of economics and you have no real grasp of how shutting down the economy negatively effects health outcomes in this pandemic, while also completely overestimating the positive health effects of shutting down the economy.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Following the Italian model is retarded, clearly they don't have slightest clue what they are doing. If you think shutting down the world economy won't cause lots of economic damage, I would suggest this is because you have no real grasp of economics.

Of course I don't think that. That's just a strawman because you're desperate and running out of arguments.

What I think is that people's lives are more important than the economy or Trump's re-election.

He's currently having an epic meltdown on Twitter saying that the cure not is worth the cost to the economy and that things should go back to normal in 15 days with an end to social distancing.

He's insane and you're a fool to not see it.

 

Edited by Iceni warrior
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Iceni warrior said:

.

 

Edited by Iceni warrior

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Iceni warrior said:

Of course I don't think that.

What I think is that people's lives are more important than the economy or Trump's re-election.

He's currently having an epic meltdown on Twitter saying that the cure not is worth the cost to the economy and that things should go back to normal in 15 days with an end to social distancing.

He's insane and you're a fool to not see it.

 

I think people's lives are more important than the economy too, or Trump's re-election. I simply disagree with the premise that not shutting down the economy means I put the economy or Trump's re-election ahead of people's lives, quite the opposite. I also disagree with the premise that the best way to save lives is to shut down the economy, that is in fact the worst way to do it and will result in net loss of life, womp womp.

By ignoring the economic impacts of your policy proposals and miscalculating the health impacts, you advocate for a "cure" that is worse than the disease, while barely effecting the disease. Despite your good intentions, you are paving the road to hell and you aren't saving lives while you do it either. Not great, Bob.

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

I think people's lives are more important than the economy too, or Trump's re-election. I simply disagree with the premise that not shutting down the economy means I put the economy or Trump's re-election ahead of people's lives, quite the opposite. I also disagree with the premise that the best way to save lives is to shut down the economy, that is in fact the worst way to do it and will result in net loss of life, womp womp.

By ignoring the economic impacts of your policy proposals and miscalculating the health impacts, you advocate for a "cure" that is worse than the disease, while barely effecting the disease. Despite your good intentions, you are paving the road to hell and you aren't saving lives while you do it either. Not great, Bob.

Here's an idea.

Stop reading Trump's Tweets, he's a Covidiot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Iceni warrior said:

Here's an idea.

Stop reading Trump's Tweets, he's a Covidiot.

Why would I rob myself of all those lulz? You have no sense humor, if a politician you don't like is being funny, very clearly.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Iceni warrior said:

Here's an idea.

Stop reading Trump's Tweets, he's a Covidiot.

With due respect Y is stating a position as to handle the virus not based on Trump's personal opinions. I agree with you as to Trump but Y's position on the virus to be fair is based on an approach many physicians agree with and were not allowed to fully enunciate and are now being revisited. I think a South Korea, Taiwan approach will be modified for an approach in North America. The key will be not to try stop its spread, but to direct where it spreads as we do now with other viruses.

You can not prevent people getting a cold, you just need  to make sure they don't unnecessarily give it to the elderly or those with vulnerabilities to it. We are talking about a Corona virus, I.e., a common cold virus. It's a danger for the same reason any cold virus can to those who are vulnerable.

South Korea concentrates on direction management of the virus not an attempt to hide from it.

 

Edited by Rue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Rue said:

With due respect Y is stating a position as to handle the virus not based on Trump's personal opinions. I agree with you as to Trump but Y's position on the virus to be fair is based on an approach many physicians agree with and were not allowed to fully enunciate and are now being revisited. I think a South Korea, Taiwan approach will be modified for an approach in North America. The key will be not to try stop its spread, but to direct where it spreads as we do now with other viruses.

You can not prevent people getting a cold, you just need  to make sure they don't unnecessarily give it to the elderly or those with vulnerabilities to it. We are talking about a Corona virus, I.e., a common cold virus. It's a danger for the same reason any cold virus can to those who are vulnerable.

South Korea concentrates on direction management of the virus not an attempt to hide from it.

 

With respect...

Quote

a "cure" that is worse than the disease

...is lifted straight from a Trump Tweet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Iceni warrior said:

With respect...

...is lifted straight from a Trump Tweet.

So? It's an accurate description based on the current situation and it's a common saying, Trump isn't the first one to use the phrase, or the last. Trump isn't wrong about everything fool, you just think he is.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

So? It's an accurate description based on the current situation and it's a common saying, Trump isn't the first one to use the phrase, or the last. Trump isn't wrong about everything fool, you just think he is.

Put your money where your mouth is then.

Literally, go lick a dollar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Iceni warrior said:

Put your money where your mouth is then.

Literally, go lick a dollar.

When did I make the argument that licking a dollar is a good idea? Don't recall ever making that argument, must have been Iceni Cannibal's Strawman Yzermandias making that argument.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

When did I make the argument that licking a dollar is a good idea? Don't recall ever making that argument, must have been Iceni Cannibal's Strawman Yzermandias making that argument.

Well you have said that the virus is fake and gay and you seem to love money more than people so I figured licking a dollar would be a good way for you to put your money where your mouth is. Metaphorically and literally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey...somebody check my math....as of yesterday Canada has a higher mortality rate than the U.S. for COVID-19 based upon available data:

Canada = 21/1563 = 1.34%

U.S. = 483/40855 = 1.18%

Then start to explain why Trump is doing better than Trudeau !

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

 

 

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Hey...somebody check my math....as of yesterday Canada has a higher mortality rate than the U.S. for COVID-19 based upon available data:

Canada = 21/1563 = 1.34%

U.S. = 483/40855 = 1.18%

Then start to explain why Trump is doing better than Trudeau !

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

 

Canada is totally unprepared for war

That's America's job

This is actually the first invasion of Canada since 1866

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, bcsapper said:

Only because I don't know where you live.  If I did, I'd pretend to be a skip the dishes guy who got the wrong address.

My address is 00001 Pandemic virus road in Pandemic City, Pandemic, Canada. HaHaHa. Looking forward to seeing you with the virus. Do bring lunch with you and please bring me some toilet paper. Those newspapers are not so great on the butt hole. Hurry please.  :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Boges said:

It's not an airborne virus. 

You get it from droplets. So if someone sneezes on you or you touch something and infected person touches and then touch your face before washing your hands. 

The first 20 minutes of the movie Contagion show it rather well. 

Well then, why is it fast becoming almost a law soon that walking around outside in the wide open spaces with a bunch of people around you or with a few friends sitting down in a park on a bench or at the beach or playing tennis going to give someone the virus? So, what if someone sneezes? It does not have to mean that someone has the virus? Allergies, maybe? Hello? Our dear leader politicians are really starting to act like real dictators and demanding that they do as they say or else. Fines or jail awaits you if you do not listen to us. 

In Victoria, BC some little nosey body comrade went and called the cops on a bunch of youths having a house party? Some people have gone berserk over this bug. Apparently, no fines were issued. Now people can get fined for maybe even jail time for having some people over for a birthday party? It's getting beyond ridiculous now. And all due to the fools who keep listening to this silly ass nonsense being played out in Canada. The politicians and the media have people like you all totally now in a panic and totally scared of this bug.  

Has it gotten to this point that if one is seen with more than two people or more now they must break up and walk six feet apart of just go home? if someone sneezes outside should someone call the cops on them? Don't laugh, mac. There are fools out there who would probably do just that. How much longer are the sky is falling down people in a panic going to wake up and see this for want it is? A manufactured joke. Enjoy your Hollyweird Contagion movie. I will not be watching it now. I see the same sort of contagion pandemic movie happening all around me now. Will I be able to get paid for being an extra in the movie? Just wondering. 

I hope that you are confining yourself to your home. I do not want you out there creating little droplets of this virus all over the place. Think about others! ;)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, taxme said:

Well then, why is it fast becoming almost a law soon that walking around outside in the wide open spaces with a bunch of people around you or with a few friends sitting down in a park on a bench or at the beach or playing tennis going to give someone the virus? So, what if someone sneezes? It does not have to mean that someone has the virus? Allergies, maybe? Hello? Our dear leader politicians are really starting to act like real dictators and demanding that they do as they say or else. Fines or jail awaits you if you do not listen to us. 

In Victoria, BC some little nosey body comrade went and called the cops on a bunch of youths having a house party? Some people have gone berserk over this bug. Apparently, no fines were issued. Now people can get fined for maybe even jail time for having some people over for a birthday party? It's getting beyond ridiculous now. And all due to the fools who keep listening to this silly ass nonsense being played out in Canada. The politicians and the media have people like you all totally now in a panic and totally scared of this bug.  

Has it gotten to this point that if one is seen with more than two people or more now they must break up and walk six feet apart of just go home? if someone sneezes outside should someone call the cops on them? Don't laugh, mac. There are fools out there who would probably do just that. How much longer are the sky is falling down people in a panic going to wake up and see this for want it is? A manufactured joke. Enjoy your Hollyweird Contagion movie. I will not be watching it now. I see the same sort of contagion pandemic movie happening all around me now. Will I be able to get paid for being an extra in the movie? Just wondering. 

I hope that you are confining yourself to your home. I do not want you out there creating little droplets of this virus all over the place. Think about others! ;)

None of that is social distancing. 

I go to work because I have to. Other than that I go shopping for groceries and go for walks to get a little exercise since Gyms are closed. 

And if you're doing more than that, you're the problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, taxme said:

My address is 00001 Pandemic virus road in Pandemic City, Pandemic, Canada. HaHaHa. Looking forward to seeing you with the virus. Do bring lunch with you and please bring me some toilet paper. Those newspapers are not so great on the butt hole. Hurry please.  :D 

I understand a used corncob covered in cayenne pepper (for hygiene purposes) works very well.  Give one a shot the next time you go and report back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Boges said:

None of that is social distancing. 

I go to work because I have to. Other than that I go shopping for groceries and go for walks to get a little exercise since Gyms are closed. 

And if you're doing more than that, you're the problem. 

That is what the authorities are telling us all to do. Stay six feet away from the person next too you. That is what is called social distancing. Are we on the same page here?

I do hope that is what you are doing at work every day. Do as you are being told to do and stay away from your co-workers and other people out there? You or your co-workers may be carrying the China bug. If you want to take this all serious then this is what you must do and sacrifice yourself because you never know where some of those nasty little bug droplets could be lying around? So you should not be going out at all, and should stay home and bite the bullet for all our sakes. And remember, do not sneeze on anything, you may have the dreaded Chinese bug. Hey, you never know, eh? 

I am doing what ever the hell I feel like doing. I am not all in a pandemic panic like you are. I am touching things, walking next to people, and having the occasional sneeze. All things I am not supposed to be doing. But if I want to live my usual normal life, well I must do all those things. If I do catch the bug, you will be the first to know. How's that? ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

I understand a used corncob covered in cayenne pepper (for hygiene purposes) works very well.  Give one a shot the next time you go and report back.

Nope. You try it first and let me know how it feels and report back to me. And I hope that you wash that corncob well after you use it. That way you can use it over and over and over again. Save having to go buy toilet paper anymore, if you can find any, and save lots of Canadian dollars also, oops, I mean Canadian pesos. I could try a corncob with some salt on it? That might work better for me. I will try that after I run out of toilet paper. I will bet that after this virus pandemic game is over, some people are hinting at around April sometime, toilet paper will probably cost double to what we all paid for it before this so called pandemic came along. Lot's of businesses will be making a lot more moola after this farce comes to an end. 

Four American senators got the scoop that all of this so called virus pandemic was coming so they sold lots of their stocks and made millions from it. Now why would they do that, and yet not tell we the people? Or did they sell their stocks knowing that they would go down for now, and wait, and buy them back later at a lower offering? Politicians? If they ever gave a shit about we the people it would be a bloody dam miracle.

But sadly, there are just too many lemmings out there who will let their dear leader politicians and the fake and lying media get them all riled up and in a panic over nothing. Remember to keep a "social distance' away from your family and friends and everybody out there in Canada land. Hey, you never know? You may just be carrying the dreaded bug, and of course maybe give it too me, you scoundrel, you. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

Canada is totally unprepared for war

That's America's job

This is actually the first invasion of Canada since 1866

All that prep for a no deal Brexit might pay dividends.

Medical and other essential supplies have been stockpiled, if we can believe what we were told.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...