Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums
WestCanMan

Trump Vs Trudeau on Coronavirus

Recommended Posts

Just now, Yzermandius19 said:

*yip*
So what?

Sooooooooo, if someone is not social distancing, they can get infected and not know it. And because they're living their lives as normal they can infect scores of other people before they even get sick, if they do at all.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Boges said:

Sooooooooo, if someone is not social distancing, they can get infected and not know it. And because they're living their lives as normal they can infect scores of other people before they even get sick, if they do at all.  

I'm aware. Is there another point coming that will make sense of your Captain Obvious routine?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yzermandius19 said:

I'm aware. Is there another point coming that will make sense of your Captain Obvious routine?

The point is that Social Distancing is the only way to reduce the infection rate. Stay away from crowds and watch what you touch. 

Perhaps testing would have worked in early February. Test everyone coming from known areas and force all international travellers to quarantine. But that didn't happen. 

Now you have people getting infected with no travel history. Even if you could test everyone in the country today, you'd still have to wait a day or two for results and the disease would spread further. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Boges said:

The point is that Social Distancing is the only way to reduce the infection rate. Stay away from crowds and watch what you touch.

If you are want to support the national war effort to protect the healthcare system, it's best to just shelter in place in your home as much as possible, even if not ordered to

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Boges said:

The point is that Social Distancing is the only way to reduce the infection rate. Stay away from crowds and watch what you touch. 

Perhaps testing would have worked in early February. Test everyone coming from known areas and force all international travellers to quarantine. But that didn't happen. 

Now you have people getting infected with no travel history. Even if you could test everyone in the country today, you'd still have to wait a day or two for results and the disease would spread further. 

Slowing the infection rate via social distancing is a good thing, taking that too far and destroying the economy through overzealous government mandates to socially distance is not a good thing. The extra slowing of the infection rate through overzealous government mandates is simply not worth the squeeze, the infection rate is slowed enough without going that far and you don't have to destroy the economy to do it. Tunnel visioning on one aspect of fighting the virus to the detriment of all other effective strategies to fight the virus, can cause a net negative. 

Edited by Yzermandius19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Slowing the infection rate via social distancing is a good thing, taking that too far and destroying the economy through overzealous government mandates to socially distance is not a good thing. The extra slowing of the infection rate through overzealous government mandates is simply not worth the squeeze, the infection rate is slowed enough without going that far and you don't have to destroy the economy to do it. Tunnel visioning on one aspect of fighting the virus to the detriment of all other effective strategies to fight the virus, can cause a net negative. 

OK but if people are going to restaurants or NHL games or the beach, they aren't really social distancing. 

There are serious economical consequences to this. But they only get worse the more people punt them down the road. The time to act would have been in February. Seeing what's happening in Italy has made it pretty clear Enforced Social Distancing isn't an option at this point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Slowing the infection rate via social distancing is a good thing, taking that too far and destroying the economy through overzealous government mandates to socially distance is not a good thing. The extra slowing of the infection rate through overzealous government mandates is simply not worth the squeeze, the infection rate is slowed enough without going that far and you don't have to destroy the economy to do it.

There are no degrees of social distancing. You either do it or you don't.

It's not just about stoping or slowing the spread, it's about protecting healthcare workers and food distributors and producers. Any non-essential work is endangering everybody else.

If some cage fighter takes an intensive care bed because he doesn't think the restrictions apply to him that is aiding and abetting the enemy.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

If you are want to support the national war effort to protect the healthcare system, it's best to just shelter in place in your home as much as possible, even if not ordered to

And I am. I'm working because I can and that helps the economy too. I was fully prepared to lose my job today but the government put the industry I work in on the Essential list. 

But on the weekends I'm leaving the house once a day for a walk and shopping for groceries and that's about it. 

I clean my hands as soon as I leave and don't touch my face. 

Not seeing friends, not seeing family. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Iceni warrior said:

There are no degrees of social distancing. You either do it or you don't.

False dichotomy. There is a ton of middle ground between all or nothing. You simply see this problem as black and white, when there are many shades of grey that are far better alternatives than either extreme.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

False dichotomy. There is a ton of middle ground between all or nothing. You simply see this problem as black and white, when there are many shades of grey that are far better alternatives than either extreme.

Unless you're in public health, I don't think anyone sees this as black and white. 

People still go out to buy food. People still go for walks. Many people still go to work. 

Lots of room for grey there. It's clamping down on businesses where where people are in close contact with each other. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Boges said:

Unless you're in public health, I don't think anyone sees this as black and white. 

People still go out to buy food. People still go for walks. Many people still go to work. 

Lots of room for grey there. It's clamping down on businesses where where people are in close contact with each other. 

You can clamp down on close contact in places of business without shutting down the economy, lots of room for grey indeed, but not with Iceni Warrior apparently.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boges said:

And I am. I'm working because I can and that helps the economy too. I was fully prepared to lose my job today but the government put the industry I work in on the Essential list. 

But on the weekends I'm leaving the house once a day for a walk and shopping for groceries and that's about it. 

I clean my hands as soon as I leave and don't touch my face. 

Not seeing friends, not seeing family. 

On behalf Her Majesty, thank you for your service

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Justin Trudeau thanks American officials for safely returning more Canadians back home.

Better thank Kalitta Air too.

 

Quote

 

 

At least one Canadian not so happy with Trudeau....

 

Quote

 

 

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Justin Trudeau thanks American officials for safely returning more Canadians back home.

Better thank Kalitta Air too.

 

 

At least one Canadian not so happy with Trudeau....

 

 

Those are topical posts... from March 10th. 

March 10th was nice, we still had Pro Sports to watch on March 10th. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2020 at 1:14 PM, Boges said:

The point is that Social Distancing is the only way to reduce the infection rate. 

 

No of course not even your own answer shows that is not the case.

Edited by Rue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2020 at 3:12 AM, Iceni warrior said:

The best you can do is social distancing while you produce the kits necessary.

Also, I showed you yesterday that South Korea is social distancing the same as everyone else.

Look, up in the sky? The sky is starting to fall down. Your dear leader Trudeau among many other politician and the media are all having a darn good laugh at all of you "sky is falling down" lemmings running around in fear of some globalist created pandemic. They all must be wondering as to just how many millions of lemmings are there out there anyway? Obviously, there is quite a hell of a lot of them. Aw well. I hear that lemons are on sale today.  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Boges said:

Those are topical posts... from March 10th. 

March 10th was nice, we still had Pro Sports to watch on March 10th. 

Ya, until the sky is falling down politicians and the media people took over and stopped all sports and suggested to us all that we should just stay at home. Just stay at home or we may have to force you to stay at home. Ya, try forcing 37 million people to stay at home? Will the Inuit way up in the Arctic be forced to stay at home or do you think that the native Indians will obey that order? I doubt that very much. But of course we will all be told by the authorities that they cannot get the virus. They are all immune to the dreaded virus. Ha-ha. Trudeau must be having one big laugh on all of you doom and gloom people out there. Matter of fact, so am I having a good laugh on you people also. Ha-ha!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Justin Trudeau thanks American officials for safely returning more Canadians back home.

Better thank Kalitta Air too.

 

 

At least one Canadian not so happy with Trudeau....

 

 

Ya, but the unlucky ones that are coming home after yesterday, will have to quarantine themselves for 14 days. If they dare try to ignore the quarantine and are found out that they went out for even a walk, they could face and pay up to a $750,000 dollar fine, WTH,  or six months in the gulag. How is that for going bonkers by our dear leaders? And the bs continues on. Bloody sad indeed. :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, taxme said:

Ya, until the sky is falling down politicians and the media people took over and stopped all sports and suggested to us all that we should just stay at home. 

Wow, when you put it that way...

Maybe you and all your friends should get together and have a big rally... you know, show Trudeau who is boss...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now the Canadian government is whining about Trump placing U.S. troops close to the northern border for added security during the pandemic. 

Freeland has done this before....demanding that Trump do/not do something while admitting that it is not her choice to make.

Quote

Canada 'strongly opposed' to U.S. stationing troops near shared border

The federal government says it's "strongly opposed" to the idea of sending American troops to the border to intercept illegal migrants as part of the United States' response to the coronavirus pandemic.

"This is an entirely unnecessary step, which we would view as damaging to our relationship," said Deputy Prime Minister Chrystia Freeland this morning, following the first public report from Global News that White House officials are thinking about stationing soldiers near the Canadian border.

"Canada is strongly opposed to this U.S. proposal and we've made that opposition very, very clear to our American counterparts.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-trump-border-coronavirus-1.5510853

 

So naturally with Canada bitching so much about this move...President Trump should do it !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, taxme said:

Look, up in the sky? The sky is starting to fall down. Your dear leader Trudeau among many other politician and the media are all having a darn good laugh at all of you "sky is falling down" lemmings running around in fear of some globalist created pandemic. They all must be wondering as to just how many millions of lemmings are there out there anyway? Obviously, there is quite a hell of a lot of them. Aw well. I hear that lemons are on sale today.  ;)

Not my President.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Iceni warrior said:

Not my President.

Big Daddy Trump is still President of Canada tho, he's only the Supreme Allied Commander of the United Kingdom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Big Daddy Trump is still President of Canada tho, he's only the Supreme Allied Commander of the United Kingdom

Apart from being poorly provisioned I don't have a lot to complain about over Boris's handling of this.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Iceni warrior said:

Apart from being poorly provisioned I don't have a lot to complain about over Boris's handling of this.

I'm not paying much attention to that stuff now.

I am in command of what I am in command of.

I just focus on my mission and my men.  Or wife in this case.

All I already have my marching orders, I don't have to monitor that net until there is a change

I don't take eyes off the threat, I'm not watching the POTUS I'm watching the bug.

 

Edited by Dougie93

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2020 at 1:25 PM, Iceni warrior said:

There are no degrees of social distancing. You either do it or you don't.

It's not just about stoping or slowing the spread, it's about protecting healthcare workers and food distributors and producers. Any non-essential work is endangering everybody else.

If some cage fighter takes an intensive care bed because he doesn't think the restrictions apply to him that is aiding and abetting the enemy.

 

 

There are degrees of social distancing. Please go find out why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...