Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums

Recommended Posts

Premier Doug Ford has declared a provincial state of emergency in response to a worsening COVID-19 outbreak and will now order the closure of restaurants and bars not providing takeout service along with a host of other venues where crowds are known to gather.

Ford made the announcement at a hastily-called news conference at Queen’s Park on Tuesday morning, noting that the province is facing an “unprecedented time in its history” and must “act decisively” and “take any and all actions necessary as COVID-19 continues to spread.”

He says that under the order the government will prohibit all organized public events of more than 50 people until March 31, including services in places of worship. He said that the order will also force the closure of all facilities providing indoor recreational programs, all public libraries and private schools, all licenced childcare centres, all bars and restaurants that don’t provide takeout services and all theatres, cinemas and concert venues.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even then, people should consider whether or not to socialize or venture out.  There seems to be very little consensus on the behaviour of this virus at the moment.

I'm grateful that Premier Ford is taking decisive action and I feel that the province has a degree of unity right now.  I'm basing this on the lack of negative comments in my news feed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Even then, people should consider whether or not to socialize or venture out.  There seems to be very little consensus on the behaviour of this virus at the moment.

I'm grateful that Premier Ford is taking decisive action and I feel that the province has a degree of unity right now.  I'm basing this on the lack of negative comments in my news feed.

Exactly, We need to slow down the virus as soon as possible before it becomes worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve seen a few construction crews that are quite active today.  This would be a perfect time to build major infrastructure projects like subway lines.  Might as well get the work done while the traffic is thin.  Good way to keep people working and the economy going, with strict health hygiene protocols of course.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Others have already done this, California comes to mind. The only reason they enact "state of emergency" in the situation as it is now, is to trigger the right to access federal funding. That might be a good idea, yes, but the word "state of emergency" just adds more to the panic of millions of frightened clods.

Edited by OftenWrong
ETA: that means you people

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still buying stuff, the mall was empty and everything is on sale, just picked up some Sketchers for 50% off when usually they never go on sale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waiting for Rue to come in and tell us this is all panic mongering and Ford is a fool and we need to get together and lick doorknobs or something as a hobby because we're all immune to the disease anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Hussain said:

Premier Doug Ford has declared a provincial state of emergency in response to a worsening COVID-19 outbreak and will now order the closure of restaurants and bars not providing takeout service along with a host of other venues where crowds are known to gather.

Ford made the announcement at a hastily-called news conference at Queen’s Park on Tuesday morning, noting that the province is facing an “unprecedented time in its history” and must “act decisively” and “take any and all actions necessary as COVID-19 continues to spread.”

He says that under the order the government will prohibit all organized public events of more than 50 people until March 31, including services in places of worship. He said that the order will also force the closure of all facilities providing indoor recreational programs, all public libraries and private schools, all licenced childcare centres, all bars and restaurants that don’t provide takeout services and all theatres, cinemas and concert venues.

 

I cannot wait until the day comes when the globalists can actually convince all the lemmings out there that the sky is about to fall down. There will probably be a run on hard hats. I mean look at all the fools going nuts over toilet paper. What does that tell you? Maybe the next pandemic that the globalists will drum up will be even bigger then this one. Maybe you are all just being tested to see your reaction to this pandemic hoax. Right now it looks like it will not be a problem for them next time to even make all your lives even worse than what they are now.

Hey, you never know, eh?  Question more. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

I’ve seen a few construction crews that are quite active today.  This would be a perfect time to build major infrastructure projects like subway lines.  Might as well get the work done while the traffic is thin.  Good way to keep people working and the economy going, with strict health hygiene protocols of course.  

Why should they be exempted? Just about everyone else is. They can spread the virus just as easy as anyone else can, don't you know? The economy is not going all that great at all anymore. With millions of people across Canada being laid off the economy has to be taking a chit kicking. I wonder if the government liquor stores will close down? Not a fat chance, me thinks. Have to keep some revenue flowing into the government coffers. Oh ya, illegal immigration will still carry on as usual at Roxham Road. Who knows what kinds of diseases those illegal criminals are bringing into Canada. And yet, no one here bothers to bring it up. I guess that they are afraid of being called a racist or anti-immigrant, eh?  ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

I'm still buying stuff, the mall was empty and everything is on sale, just picked up some Sketchers for 50% off when usually they never go on sale.

But can you eat Sketchers?  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

Others have already done this, California comes to mind. The only reason they enact "state of emergency" in the situation as it is now, is to trigger the right to access federal funding. That might be a good idea, yes, but the word "state of emergency" just adds more to the panic of millions of frightened clods.

I think that you must have meant hundreds of millions of frightened clods, right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, taxme said:

Why should they be exempted? Just about everyone else is. They can spread the virus just as easy as anyone else can, don't you know? The economy is not going all that great at all anymore. With millions of people across Canada being laid off the economy has to be taking a chit kicking. I wonder if the government liquor stores will close down? Not a fat chance, me thinks. Have to keep some revenue flowing into the government coffers. Oh ya, illegal immigration will still carry on as usual at Roxham Road. Who knows what kinds of diseases those illegal criminals are bringing into Canada. And yet, no one here bothers to bring it up. I guess that they are afraid of being called a racist or anti-immigrant, eh?  ;) 

Don’t worry, it’s likely that everyone will be stuck at home soon.  The economy will be whatever can be salvaged by the end of this.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, taxme said:

But can you eat Sketchers?  ;)

I have full tenderloins in the freezer, already cut into double thick steaks, but I'm not actually seeing any disruption to the supply chain, even with the panic buying, the grocery stores here are pretty much fully restocked already

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Don’t worry, it’s likely that everyone will be stuck at home soon.  The economy will be whatever can be salvaged by the end of this.  

The only losers out of all of this pandemic hoax is we the people. The wealthy and our politicians will always come out okay. They have plenty of money to tie themselves over until things do get somewhat better for themselves. It's for sure that our politicians are going to stay at home during this state of panic that we the people have been put in, but our dear leaders will still get paid. Most of our politicians might as well stay home because they do nothing while at work anyway.  Our prime mistake of Canada is probably enjoying not having to deal with the public, the bought off Canadian media or opposition politicians for now. I refuse to believe that his wife got the virus. Sadly, many will and say that they will pray for her. What a joke. :(

It is for sure that we the people will be the ones who will have to try and salvage what the globalist elite and our politicians have done to we the people and the economy. All they will do is take the money stolen from us in taxes and give it back to us to save and salvage the country while at the same time trying to pretend that they care and make it appear as though they have come to the rescue with we the people's tax dollars. And many will think that this is just great and will say thank you Mr. and Mrs. politician. You are my hero. Ha-ha!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I have full tenderloins in the freezer, already cut into double thick steaks, but I'm not actually seeing any disruption to the supply chain, even with the panic buying, the grocery stores here are pretty much fully restocked already

On the news the other day some "the sky is falling in moron" had a grocery cart full of meats. What the hell is wrong with these fools? What the hell makes them tick? I just see these idiots as one of Trudeau's dopey lemmings. They have to be liberal. :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, taxme said:

On the news the other day some "the sky is falling in moron" had a grocery cart full of meats. What the hell is wrong with these fools? What the hell makes them tick? I just see these idiots as one of Trudeau's dopey lemmings. They have to be liberal. :unsure:

The steak selection is definitely picked over, you can get a steak, but not a choice one, that's why I stocked up with tenderloins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See, months ago when the Chinamen started dropping dead in the streets I determined that this was going to be the proverbial Black Swan

So in addition to wrapping up my market positions in an orderly fashion I also told my wife to start stocking up in an orderly fashion as well

At the time she said I was just being an "American" and overreacting, but now she's had to eat crow on that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

See, months ago when the Chinamen started dropping dead in the streets I determined that this was going to be the proverbial Black Swan

So in addition to wrapping up my market positions in an orderly fashion I also told my wife to start stocking up in an orderly fashion as well

At the time she said I was just being an "American" and overreacting, but now she's had to eat crow on that.

Better to eat crow metaphorically than literally.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

The steak selection is definitely picked over, you can get a steak, but not a choice one, that's why I stocked up with tenderloins.

I did not stock up, on anything. I am not going to let the alarmist media and politicians get to me. They all only marching to the orders of the elite who tell them what they can and cannot say. They all are just playing the game, and everybody believes them. Maybe when I hear that 100,000 people have died from this virus, then maybe I will believe what is being said about this virus. But until then I will await that news. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Iceni warrior said:

Better to eat crow metaphorically than literally.

Well I didn't say go crazy with it, I just said run all our levels to maximum, not because there will be a breakdown in the supply chain, just because you don't want to have to line up with the rest of the mooks when they eventually panic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

See, months ago when the Chinamen started dropping dead in the streets I determined that this was going to be the proverbial Black Swan

So in addition to wrapping up my market positions in an orderly fashion I also told my wife to start stocking up in an orderly fashion as well

At the time she said I was just being an "American" and overreacting, but now she's had to eat crow on that.

1. I never saw any photos of any Chinese dying by the thousands in the streets.

3. Or more like you were being a Canadian who was overreacting instead, right? Why do most Canadians always want to believe and blame America and Trump for everything?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Well I didn't say go crazy with it, I just said run all our levels to maximum, not because there will be a breakdown in the supply chain, just because you don't want to have to line up with the rest of the mooks when they eventually panic.

Well, there is no real shortage of food here yet in the UK apart from a few items. Trouble is we import 50% of our food and 30% of it comes from the EU.

Europe is shutting down it's borders and making everyone stay at home so how long it will be before we start running out of a lot more things is unclear.

I wouldn't rule out rationing in the future.

How much of Canada's food is imported?

 

Edited by Iceni warrior

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Iceni warrior said:

How much of Canada's food is imported?

 

Depend where you are and what food you are looking for.

Where I live here, it's almost all local meat & produce, I'm surrounded by farms here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, taxme said:

1. I never saw any photos of any Chinese dying by the thousands in the streets.

3. Or more like you were being a Canadian who was overreacting instead, right? Why do most Canadians always want to believe and blame America and Trump for everything?  

Pandemic from China was actually one of my top Black Swan scenarios so it was actually a case of making sure I wasn't succumbing to confirmation bias

When the Chinese started flipping out tho, I was pretty sure then

My wife is Canadian so the America Derangement Syndrome is all part of the deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dougie93 said:

Depend where you are and what food you are looking for.

Where I live here, it's almost all local meat & produce, I'm surrounded by farms here.

I think when we rebuild the economy after this, food security should be enshrined in all regional planning.  Having a vast local food supply isn’t just good environmental stewardship, it means you can essentially function independently.  I think we will be returning to the self-sufficient duchy or princedom, without a prince.  Towns will still be connected to the larger network.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...