Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums

Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

The Economist isn't "unbiased", so your fact checker is wrong. I used to have a subscription to it, now it's garbage.

I see.  In which case, this article from the Economist must be wrong and garbage as well.

Time will tell whether Sweden chose a better strategy than other countries, says Jussi Sane of the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare

[ ] 

( Johan Giesecke) thinks that when European countries count deaths a year from now their figures will be similar, regardless of the measures taken and the numbers now. The economic damage in Sweden, however, may be smaller.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In the meantime, London has lost more bus drivers to the bug than doctors. Buses crammed full of construction workers because they felt that they should be able to go to work if they wanted to and cou

Let me help you put your mind at ease. You don't need to argue this point. I hardly see anyone who thinks it. We can all see how this virus is bad and must be safeguarded against. All viruses that kil

Partial travel bans are like having a pissing section in a swimming pool.

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, Shady said:

No, I’m advocating opening up everything, but adhering to mitigation and distancing measures, like masks, gloves if necessary, washing hands, using hand sanitizer before entering stores or restaurants or bars etc.  People that are high risk should probably avoid such places.  I will admit to being partially wrong.  It looks like there probably will be a vaccine.  Possibly as early as September/October.

Isn't that what we're doing? Nobody disagrees with you, except of course the Trumpers who think it's a Democrat hoax and therefore are fighting the mitigation efforts you espouse.

Edited by BubberMiley
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Major plagues kill a lot of very healthy people.

Covid-19 kills almost 0% of very healthy people.

I haven't heard of a healthy 28 yr old dying from covid yet. 

The Spanish flu killed about 2-3% of the people on earth, and not everyone got it. That means that the infected death rate was much higher than 2-3%. Healthy 28 yr olds were one of the hardest hit groups. 

You aren't paying very close attention. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

President Donald Trump said Sunday that Democrats are attempting to use the Chinese coronavirus pandemic to push mail-in ballot plans for the November election, warning the move will lead to “the greatest Rigged Election in history.”

“The United States cannot have all Mail In Ballots. It will be the greatest Rigged Election in history. People grab them from mailboxes, print thousands of forgeries and “force” people to sign,” the president wrote. “Also, forge names. Some absentee OK, when necessary. Trying to use Covid for this Scam”:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/05/24/trump-democrats-exploiting-coronavirus-mail-ballots-scam/

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shady said:

No, I’m advocating opening up everything, but adhering to mitigation and distancing measures, like masks, gloves if necessary, washing hands, using hand sanitizer before entering stores or restaurants or bars etc.  People that are high risk should probably avoid such places.  I will admit to being partially wrong.  It looks like there probably will be a vaccine.  Possibly as early as September/October.

I don't care if it takes until Sep/Oct 2021. Compensation, lockdowns and public safety measures as required should remain in place until such time as this is either vaccinated away or there's a treatment.  Further to that is the likelihood that millions of jobs have been lost forever in which case we'll need a guaranteed annual income to prevent a cultural revolution.  And you can also forget about doing away with laws or regulations intended to protect the environment or mitigate climate change. I'm pretty sure your ilk will be advocating for 'opening' all that up too.

Edited by eyeball
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Infidel Dog said:

I don't know if you posted that because you agreed with it, or because it was complete and utter bollocks from a execrable moron who is teetering on the edge of insanity.

I hope it was the latter.  I much prefer agreeing with people.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

I don't know if you posted that because you agreed with it, or because it was complete and utter bollocks from a execrable moron who is teetering on the edge of insanity.

I hope it was the latter.  I much prefer agreeing with people.

I posted it because it's a thing people will be saying now in response to the push for a mail-in election. I believe mail-in elections in November are ordered in Pelosi's most recent "stimulus" bill.

And when people do start discussing this you're going to need a better argument than The Donald's a big, fat, poopy head.

Personally, I don't know all the arguments yet.

I does speak  to the question I've heard people raising though. What effect might this pandemic have beyond the disease.

Gotta admit... He's got me wondering. Would the Dems exploit an all mail-in election if they could get one?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Infidel Dog said:

I posted it because it's a thing people will be saying now in response to the push for a mail-in election. I believe mail-in elections in November are ordered in Pelosi's most recent "stimulus" bill.

And when people do start discussing this you're going to need a better argument than The Donald's a big, fat, poopy head.

Personally, I don't know all the arguments yet.

I does speak  to the question I've heard people raising though. What effect might this pandemic have beyond the disease.

Gotta admit... He's got me wondering. Would the Dems exploit an all mail-in election if they could get one?

Why would a mail in election benefit the Democrats more than poopy head?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Infidel Dog said:

Wonder why that is?

Me too.  Of course, the assumption is that if they're aimed at Democrats, they are created by Republicans.

Maybe they just have more time on their hands now that churches are closed.  Or maybe they are just worrywarts.

I do know why it isn't.  It isn't because Democrats are more likely to indulge in voter fraud than anyone else.

Enough frivolity though.  How likely do you think voter fraud by anyone sufficient to actually have an effect on an election is?  Even with mail in ballots?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

Oh wait...now you've got me looking I've got to show you this one, because it's funny.

dead-voter-joke.jpg

Yeah, good humour knows no political boundaries.  It all depends on who gets there first.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You mean

15 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Oohhhh  meme wars!  

 

SmartSelect_20200524-161042_Google.jpg

You mean, Romney, the only Republican to vote for conviction in the impeachment hearings? That RINO. Just tell us when your side wants to take him back.

Wouldn't surprise me if that was true though. I know the Spieles convictions for voter fraud are true. Even the leftist fact checking site Snopes admits it. They tried to make excuses but ultimately they had to admit it.

Virginia Man Pleads Guilty to Falsely Registering Dead People as Voters

https://www.snopes.com/news/2017/06/29/virginia-dead-people-voters/

Notice the difference between a memed claim and a statement of fact, though?

Spielles-voter-fraudster.jpg

 

Edited by Infidel Dog
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • Tell a friend

    Love Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...