Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums
WestCanMan

Did Trudeau Fail His Country On Covid-19

Did Trudeau Fail His Country On Covid-19  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, eyeball said:

I'm willing to bet politicians in these places didn't waste a lot of time blaming their opposition for their problems.

This is inane. You're whining that politicians who did their job didn't get criticized the way some people are criticizing the politicians who didn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Argus said:

This is inane. You're whining that politicians who did their job didn't get criticized the way some people are criticizing the politicians who didn't.

I'm not talking about criticizing politicians for not doing their jobs. It's epidemically clear the vast vast majority didn't do their jobs why on Earth do I need to belabour the goddamn obvious?  

I'm criticizing politicians and people who seem to think blaming the opposition is a proper course of action. It should be pestilently obvious why so many politicians didn't do their jobs, because they were distracted by the incessant whining of partisans demanding that politicians put their petty politics first.

People should be a lot more concerned about governments letting their governed down not picking which side they're on. I haven't seen any evidence that opposition parties anywhere were making the big deal about pandemic unpreparedness that hindsight is now compelling partisans to freak out over.

Edited by eyeball

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2020 at 4:54 PM, WestCanMan said:

The media's protection of Trudeau during this crisis is just unbelievable. 

He missed the opportunity to keep the virus out, he said the wrong things right up until March 19th, he stayed out of the country after the crisis started, then when he showed up he went straight into hiding, they never questioned why he didn't just get tested so that he could man up and be a leader instead of hiding under his blankie, and now they just act like it's no big deal that he has grabbed dictatorial powers. 

The bizarre part is that so may Canadians just buy into the gawking hero worship of Trudeau and the hyper-critical parsing of every phrase that Trump utters. 

Our country has been a gong show and now our PM and health minister, who have been complete idiots during this whole crisis, have virtually unlimited power. Truth. By declaring a health emergency our health minister has actual power to issue direct orders to the RCMP. She can order them to arrest you if you don't obey any order she gives out, and the penalties are massive. If those dumb bitches had done their jobs in the first place we wouldn't be in this big of a mess. 

The sad part is that our dear PM knows that this is all just one big scam. Why do you think that he waited for so long to say or do something about it? He had to finally say something in order to make him appear as though he gives a chit and make all the lemmings out there believe what he says about this nonsense is the gospel truth. Many people are said to be doing their part and self isolating themselves by staying home and playing the "social distance" pandemic game, but yet, things are supposedly getting worse. 

This brainwashing scam will be going on for a long while yet until the scam is finally exposed and the gig is up for the globalists and where then the globalists will back off and hopefully things can get back to normal. Sadly, they will have caused great harm and sadness to we the people because of their sick pathetic satanist behaviour. Our pathetic so called leaders and the MSM have let we the people down but yet the lemmings will still believe what they are being told by those liars is the gospel truth. there are fools a plenty.  :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, eyeball said:

It should be pestilently obvious why so many politicians didn't do their jobs, because they were distracted by the incessant whining of partisans demanding that politicians put their petty politics first

Can you imagine the crying if Canada had stockpiled masks/ventilators/scrubs/etc a few years ago?  The same people currently complaining that "we should have been prepared" would have screamed about wasting tax dollars on "non-essentials."  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, marcus said:

COVID-19 is not the flu.

The major differences between the common flu and COVID-19 are:

- The death rate is 20 times more.

- A larger percentage of those who are infected end up going to the hospital and our healthcare systems (in the West) and the number of beds, ventilators,  and other equipment cannot handle the surge. 

- This virus attacks the lungs and the lung, unlike, for example, the liver, does not recover. This means that the virus creates a strain on our healthcare system not only now but also in the future. 

- COVID-19 sufferer infects between two to three others. That's twice as high as the seasonal flu. Meaning that it's highly contagious and this is why we need to do our part not to allow it to spread.

How would you know that this is not just another flu that comes around every year and makes many people sick or die from around the world? 700,000 people a year get sick or die from some flu flying around the world. 

Prove it that the death rate is higher? What proof do you have other than what the media are telling you or are you like most lemmings who will believe whatever the media will tell them and you? 

Christ man, your own prime mistake of Canada gave away tons of medical equipment to countries like Greece and China when we are supposed to be needing and using that equipment for our own sick people. It would appear as though this so called virus or flu was not all that serious at all here in dumbo land. 

Hey fella, there is a strain on our health care alright. It is being used by tens of thousands of new immigrants, legal and illegal refugees that should not be here. Hello? All those foreigners are now taking up those precious to you beds, ventilators, masks and other medical equipment. But I am sure that you will never admit to that or ever thought about that did you? 

The virus supposedly attacks the lungs from someone who sneezes and leaves little droplets of flu like bugs around. Just wash your bloody hands and you should be safe. So why then are we all pretty much being told to stay at home and practice their social distance then? It should be safe to play outside and enjoy all the things that we use to enjoy outside. Believe what you want to believe lemming. It's all just a globalist scam that you are too silly to even notice how stupid everything is becoming. Maybe what you should be doing is go to several hospitals and see for yourself as to whether the hospitals are full of sick from this virus people or not. I will await for your report. ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Can you imagine the crying if Canada had stockpiled masks/ventilators/scrubs/etc a few years ago?  The same people currently complaining that "we should have been prepared" would have screamed about wasting tax dollars on "non-essentials."  

Along with our politicians and the media there are way too many other screamers out there that are trying to scare the shit out of everyone over this virus. Most of them have no idea at all about this virus and how it came about. It's here and we should all run in fear for our very lives. Lemmings- lemmings are everywhere. Many are here. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Argus said:

Maybe we simply have higher standards than you.

Indeed, you judge politicians against saints who will never get elected, if they even existed, while I judge them against other politicians, who knew?

You compare Trump to a utopian vision and find him lacking, while I compare him to his actual competition and find him to be better than most. That is the difference between me and you.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, eyeball said:

Our parks are closed and we have three times less the infection and death rate.

BTW do US parks have subway systems packed with people or something?

You literally have no clue wtf you're talking about. 

The amount of sickness and death today has very little to do with actions taken on and since March 19th. We're still gonna hit a peak infection/hospitalization/death peak in the coming weeks based on the complete lack of restrictions that were in place on March 18th. 

We had done nothing before that point to slow the progress of the virus - noooooothiiiinnnnggggg. 

People practicing social distancing in 400 sq km parks are not a risk for spreading the virus. We should have shut down travel from china 45 days earlier so that we could have a life now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, taxme said:

The sad part is that our dear PM knows that this is all just one big scam. Why do you think that he waited for so long to say or do something about it? He had to finally say something in order to make him appear as though he gives a chit and make all the lemmings out there believe what he says about this nonsense is the gospel truth. Many people are said to be doing their part and self isolating themselves by staying home and playing the "social distance" pandemic game, but yet, things are supposedly getting worse. 

This brainwashing scam will be going on for a long while yet until the scam is finally exposed and the gig is up for the globalists and where then the globalists will back off and hopefully things can get back to normal. Sadly, they will have caused great harm and sadness to we the people because of their sick pathetic satanist behaviour. Our pathetic so called leaders and the MSM have let we the people down but yet the lemmings will still believe what they are being told by those liars is the gospel truth. there are fools a plenty.  :unsure:

I can't buy the notion that Trudeau thinks it's a scam, because he's hiding in his bed with his blankie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, eyeball said:

I'm not talking about criticizing politicians for not doing their jobs. It's epidemically clear the vast vast majority didn't do their jobs why on Earth do I need to belabour the goddamn obvious?  

I'm criticizing politicians and people who seem to think blaming the opposition is a proper course of action. It should be pestilently obvious why so many politicians didn't do their jobs, because they were distracted by the incessant whining of partisans demanding that politicians put their petty politics first.

People should be a lot more concerned about governments letting their governed down not picking which side they're on. I haven't seen any evidence that opposition parties anywhere were making the big deal about pandemic unpreparedness that hindsight is now compelling partisans to freak out over.

Geez, it's like you're talking about the Demonrats, who were busy talking about Russian collusion and Ukrainian quid pro quo when the virus outbreak was starting, and who then attacked the POTUS for being a racist when he blocked travellers from China. Their focus still wasn't on covid during their debates. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trudeau to the rescue!

Between increasing the carbon tax by 50% tomorrow, and giving himself an all our MPs a nice raise, I'm pretty sure we're saved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

You literally have no clue wtf you're talking about. 

This coming from a guy who was casting about for a point on a crowded subway platform one minute then in the middle of the wilderness the next so lets just leave to speak for itself.

Quote

The amount of sickness and death today has very little to do with actions taken on and since March 19th. We're still gonna hit a peak infection/hospitalization/death peak in the coming weeks based on the complete lack of restrictions that were in place on March 18th.

Lack of restrictions such as closing Parks? 

Quote

We had done nothing before that point to slow the progress of the virus - noooooothiiiinnnnggggg.

Who's this we you're talking about? I was social distancing myself by Mar 7th, practicing disinfecting protocols at work by the 8th then laid off Mar 16th. Nobody seemed to be standing around waiting for Trudeau to tell us what to do. 

Quote

People practicing social distancing in 400 sq km parks are not a risk for spreading the virus.

They're at risk of overloading smaller hospitals in the remote areas parks are located not to mention search and rescue teams that may be needed for evacuating anyone from communities with no road access. I guess some jurisdictions just believe and act differently.

Quote

We should have shut down travel from china 45 days earlier so that we could have a life now.

Did it escape your notice that Italy banned travel from China before the US did?  There's no evidence doing so prevented anything but there is lots of advise that said it was the wrong thing to do.

Quote

 

“From a public health perspective, there is limited effectiveness. And then there are a host of other reasons why they can actually be counterproductive,” said Catherine Worsnop, who studies international cooperation during global health emergencies at the University of Maryland.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/01/31/as-far-right-calls-for-china-travel-ban-health-experts-warn-coronavirus-response-would-suffer/

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

Geez, it's like you're talking about the Demonrats, who were busy talking about Russian collusion and Ukrainian quid pro quo when the virus outbreak was starting, and who then attacked the POTUS for being a racist when he blocked travellers from China.  

Geez it's like you just deliberately ignored where I said this should be far more about governments vs the governed than Dumb vs Dumber.  You're not the only one who does that all the time.

Quote

Their focus still wasn't on covid during their debates.

No one's was, least of all your's. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Indeed, you judge politicians against saints who will never get elected, if they even existed, while I judge them against other politicians, who knew?

Bullshit. I judge them against other world leaders and I judge them against myself. Ie, if I keep basic protection around just in case, why shouldn't public health? If I see what's going on in China and order more, why didn't public health?

Or are you suggesting I'm a saint?

11 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

You compare Trump to a utopian vision and find him lacking,

LOL! I compare Trump to any other president in history and find him lacking! I compare Trump to anyone capable of acting with dignity and civility in public and find him lacking! I compare Trump to anyone with even a basic awareness of how government, economies, trade, and geopolitics work and find him lacking. I compare Trump to a PIMP and find him lacking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, eyeball said:

I'm criticizing politicians and people who seem to think blaming the opposition is a proper course of action. It should be pestilently obvious why so many politicians didn't do their jobs, because they were distracted by the incessant whining of partisans demanding that politicians put their petty politics first.

And again I guess I have higher standards. I figure if you want to be the leader of your country you ought to be capable of leading it and not being distracted by opponents. Unfortunately, we're in an era where men and women who are manifestly incapable of leadership, of vision, of intelligent management, whose very act of putting their name forward is gross hubris, tend to wind up in the top chair. Okay then. Trudeau never should have been PM. He hasn't got the brains, personality or skills for the job. Tough. He wanted it. He's got it. And he'll be judged by his failures. I refuse to cut him any slack because he's a shallow, ignorant, virtue-signalling idiot.

13 hours ago, eyeball said:

People should be a lot more concerned about governments letting their governed down not picking which side they're on.

And that's exactly what I've been concerned with too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, dialamah said:

Can you imagine the crying if Canada had stockpiled masks/ventilators/scrubs/etc a few years ago?

No. I literally cannot imagine anyone complaining were we to stockpile masks, ventilators and scrubs in case of an emergency. I cannot imagine anyone stupid enough and shallow enough to complain about that. Were there headlines and protests when Ontario stockpiled 55 million N95 masks? Nope. Not a word. Unfortunately, no monitoring meant they all deteriorated and were destroyed. That merits complaint, not the stockpiling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The CDC is now reconsidering its recommendation to not wear masks. Other health experts are suggesting they would be useful.

Other prominent public health experts have been raising this issue in recent days. Wearing a mask is "an additional layer of protection for those who have to go out," former FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb told NPR in an interview. It's a step you can take — on top of washing your hands and avoiding gatherings.

In a paper outlining a road map to reopen the country, Gottlieb argues that the public should be encouraged to wear masks during this current period of social distancing, for the common good.

"Face masks will be most effective at slowing the spread of SARS-CoV-2 if they are widely used, because they may help prevent people who are asymptomatically infected from transmitting the disease unknowingly," Gottlieb wrote. Gottlieb points to South Korea and Hong Kong — two places that were shown to manage their outbreaks successfully and where face masks are used widely.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/03/31/824560471/should-we-all-be-wearing-masks-in-public-health-experts-revisit-the-question

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Argus said:

I compare Trump to any other president in history and find him lacking!

Then your ability to evaluate presidents is terrible, and/or you don't know anything about American history.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, dialamah said:

Can you imagine the crying if Canada had stockpiled masks/ventilators/scrubs/etc a few years ago?  The same people currently complaining that "we should have been prepared" would have screamed about wasting tax dollars on "non-essentials."  

Hey it's too hot. It's too cold. It's a conspiracy. It's a lack of planning. It's up it's down. It's what we do. Lol. I prefer to blame it all on Celine Dione. Her singing lowered immunities world wide then all it took was one sneeze from her. I also as you know blame the  Kardashians, you, anyone with a big nose , the moderators of this forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Then your ability to evaluate presidents is terrible, and/or you don't know anything about American history.

No he just disagrees with you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Argus said:

The CDC is now reconsidering its recommendation to not wear masks. Other health experts are suggesting they would be useful.

Other prominent public health experts have been raising this issue in recent days. Wearing a mask is "an additional layer of protection for those who have to go out," former FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb told NPR in an interview. It's a step you can take — on top of washing your hands and avoiding gatherings.

In a paper outlining a road map to reopen the country, Gottlieb argues that the public should be encouraged to wear masks during this current period of social distancing, for the common good.

"Face masks will be most effective at slowing the spread of SARS-CoV-2 if they are widely used, because they may help prevent people who are asymptomatically infected from transmitting the disease unknowingly," Gottlieb wrote. Gottlieb points to South Korea and Hong Kong — two places that were shown to manage their outbreaks successfully and where face masks are used widely.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/03/31/824560471/should-we-all-be-wearing-masks-in-public-health-experts-revisit-the-question

His findings are full of questionable assumptions that were repudiated..If you feel secure wearing one wear one but your assumptions as to their impact have already been repudiated. More to the point while I appreciate you need values to make you feel safe at this time common sense alone should tell you why we can not mask everyone and in fact how masks might also cultivate bacteria, fungus and viruses.

 

Edited by Rue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2020 at 5:44 AM, betsy said:

They don't use "social-distancing" anymore.   It's now, "physical-distancing."

Yah I noticed.  Buzz words. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rue said:

His findings are full of questionable assumptions that were repudiated..If you feel secure wearing one wear one but your assumptions as to their impact have already been repudiated.

His findings have been repudiated? It seems to me that there is considerable debate in that a number of countries agree completely with him. That these happen, just by chance, to be all of the countries which have gotten a good hold of this disease seems to me to lend their voices greater weight than that of those countries who are floundering around in hopeless confusion. But then, that's me. I tend to pay more heed to the opnions of the successful than that of the unsuccessful.

 

Edited by Argus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Rue said:

No he just disagrees with you.

Nope the only way to view Trump as the worst ever POTUS is to be terrible at evaluating them, which likely stems from being vastly ignorant of American history. Literally not a single adequately informed person holds such an asinine view.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Nope the only way to view Trump as the worst ever POTUS is to be terrible at evaluating them, which likely stems from being vastly ignorant of American history. Literally not a single politically or historically informed person holds such an asinine view.

...more opinions...

Edited by Rue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...