Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums
WestCanMan

Did Trudeau Fail His Country On Covid-19

Did Trudeau Fail His Country On Covid-19  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, eyeball said:

Ok but you still haven't explained the difference that would make you take social distancing seriously on the one hand while mocking it with the other.

He's the PM. He should take a test, and if it's negative he should come out and stop being a coward. That's it. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

He's the PM. He should take a test, and if it's negative he should come out and stop being a coward. That's it. 

Says who you or his doctor? Are you privy to the medical advise that it stands to reason Trudeau must be getting?  Is there a new protocol for negative people who live with positives?  As I've been given to understand if someone in my household gets sick they're to be quarantined in a separate room while everyone else remains quarantined in the house.

In any case we have a deputy PM who seems to be doing a fine job and it wouldn't surprise me to find that Trudeau is actually able to get more done from behind the scenes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Says who you or his doctor? Are you privy to the medical advise that it stands to reason Trudeau must be getting?  Is there a new protocol for negative people who live with positives?  As I've been given to understand if someone in my household gets sick they're to be quarantined in a separate room while everyone else remains quarantined in the house.

In any case we have a deputy PM who seems to be doing a fine job and it wouldn't surprise me to find that Trudeau is actually able to get more done from behind the scenes.

The deputy PM is doing a fine job?  How so?  Oh, so now you’re ok with behind the scenes government huh.  Sheesh.  You’re bending yourself in a pretzel to defend Trudeau.  It’s quite entertaining!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

His handling of covid has been a complete joke compared to Trump. 

How do you think Trump's handling of COVID-19 has been better than Trudeau?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Shady said:

The deputy PM is doing a fine job?  How so?

I don't know but given our low infection rate compared to your beloved US it stands to reason the Deputy PM must be doing something right.

Quote

Oh, so now you’re ok with behind the scenes government huh.  Sheesh.  You’re bending yourself in a pretzel to defend Trudeau.  It’s quite entertaining!

Well if you look closely (as if) you might have noticed I actually attributed some of Trudeau's success to the fact he's out of the way.  Hence my suggestion that Trump might want to join him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

I absolutely hate Trudeau. 

I know that people dislike Trump because they think he lied about the crowd size at his inauguration and he is crass, but Trudeau is a traitor and a hypocritical scumbag. 

I think it's pathetic that he bought the media off with $1.4B and now he can screw up all day and no one will say a thing. 

His handling of covid has been a complete joke compared to Trump, and yet we have Canadians beaking off about Trump like he somehow did worse than blankie boy. 

I have nothing positive to say about Trudeau Marcus. Not a single thing. He's a fake little maggot.

Trudeau Derangement Syndrome props up Trudeau, just as Trump Derangement Syndrome props up Trump. You are falling for the same trap that Democrat fall for, just with Trudeau instead of Trump. If you can't even acknowledge that a broken clock is right twice a day, that's counter-productive hate, right thur.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

I have nothing positive to say about Trudeau Marcus. Not a single thing. He's a fake little maggot.

Oh well, thankfully we have a deputy PM that's probably even better at making Trump look like an idiot. 

Edited by eyeball

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I'm reading in newspapers and in the comments section of those stories there is currently zero testing of people coming into Canada. None. People crossing the border are not even told to self-isolate. People flying in from other countries are give a kind of relaxed "Hey, you guys know you have to self-isolate for two weeks, right?" kind of warning but no testing. If we want to get control of this thing we have to start acting more like South Korea and not this kind of lazy ass behaviour we're getting from the Trudeau government.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2020/03/22/its-keeping-me-awake-at-night-canadians-describe-scenes-of-pandemonium-at-pearson-airport.html

Edited by Argus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Trudeau Derangement Syndrome props up Trudeau, just as Trump Derangement Syndrome props up Trump. You are falling for the same trap that Democrat fall for, just with Trudeau instead of Trump. If you can't even acknowledge that a broken clock is right twice a day, that's counter-productive hate, right thur.

Trump derangement syndrome is based on making a huge deal about things that aren’t true. 
 

Nothing that I have said about Trudeau is false or misleading. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is from the comments section of a story in the Globe. I think it perfectly illustrates what Canada ought to have been doing and never did. The Trudeau government failed to take heed of what was happening in China and did nothing until the virus was already spreading throughout Canada. Only then, weeks too late, did they start to belatedly look around for more supplies and test kits.

Taiwan, a democracy with 2/3s Canada’s population, on a very crowded island, with almost 1 million of its population working regularly on the Chinese mainland, has managed to control the infection, while Canada has not.

Both are SARS graduates, only one learned its lesson. How did they do it?

They had already set up a pandemic crisis centre that got wind of the crisis in December. They checked for illness on flights from China starting Dec 31. They banned flights from China in early Jan. They tested,tested,tested and communicated the results with full transparency, contacting citizens by cellphone to let them know the nearby cases. In January they massively increased the production of masks, tests, antiseptics and disinfectants. They continued testing rigorously throughout. They supplied care kits to the quarantined. And finally, every citizen wears a mask every time they go out.

Their schools and restaurants are still open, and life continues, with only 195 primarily travel-sourced cases to date.
Canada, starting much later, has 1469 cases, and a shortage of tests, masks, ventilators, antiseptic solution and disinfectants.
We should have been working together all along.

Edited by Argus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Trump derangement syndrome is based on making a huge deal about things that aren’t true. 
 

Nothing that I have said about Trudeau is false or misleading. 
 

Why because you say so?  You engage in subjective opining. Nothing you or Y state about Trudeau or Trump based on your subjective  opining is automatically valid. Your opining is not valid until you can objectively prove it.

Until then you are just engaging in what we all do on this forum, passing gas.

So stop hiding behind Trump Derangement Syndrome as your symbol for being infallible. 

Your fart has no divine essence. 

Edited by Rue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, eyeball said:

I don't know but given our low infection rate compared to your beloved US it stands to reason the Deputy PM must be doing something right.

Well if you look closely (as if) you might have noticed I actually attributed some of Trudeau's success to the fact he's out of the way.  Hence my suggestion that Trump might want to join him.

Can you illustrate the correlation between the low infection rate and the Deputy PM?  I personally think that I haven’t caught the virus because of a special rock I’m holding in my hand?  Prove me wrong! :lol:

Well, considering the United States has ten times the population, with a much greater population density, and hundreds of international airports, compared to like 5 in Canada, it’s going to be a bigger problem for them.  Regardless, Trump has done more sooner than our junior varsity PM or his deputy dog sidekick.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shady said:

Can you illustrate the correlation between the low infection rate and the Deputy PM?  I personally think that I haven’t caught the virus because of a special rock I’m holding in my hand?  Prove me wrong! :lol:

Well, considering the United States has ten times the population, with a much greater population density, and hundreds of international airports, compared to like 5 in Canada, it’s going to be a bigger problem for them.  Regardless, Trump has done more sooner than our junior varsity PM or his deputy dog sidekick.

Its cuz you are 110 percent bourbon in yer bloodstream. No virus could live in you or Wes. Moonshine. I suspect yooz 2 are flammable. Y too. I can change that to rye to make it more Canadian but no coke. You guys do not free base. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Rue said:

Why because you say so?  You engage in subjective opining. Nothing you or Y state aboutvTrudeau or Trump based on your subjective  opining is automatically valid. Your opining is not valid until you can objectively prove it.

Until then you are just engaging in what we all do on this forum, passing gas.

Subjective opining? 

Trudeau said that banning travel to Canada from China was the wrong thing to do right after Trump did it, then again on on March 16th. When Trump banned travel from other covid hotspots [including places that were majority caucasian] Trudeau's stance remained unchanged. Then on March 19th, just 3 days after saying that banning international travel was useless, Trudeau banned international travel, but only after we already had enough covid here to shut down our economy.

What's "subjective" about that? Tell me one single thing I said there that's not factual, accurate, or pertinent to this topic....

How do you not see the value of stopping the spread of covid into Canada? How can you possibly follow the PM's reasoning that banning international flight wasn't something that should be done, and then 3 days later doing a 180, after we had reached the point where the whole country also had to be shut down?

Can you make sense of that for me without "subjective opining"? No, you can't.

Some people say, in Trudeau's defence, that although he did things that were absolutely wrong from a scientific standpoint, Canadian covid statistics say that the US has more covid per capita so Trudeau gets a STAR! There's a chance that, although he did things that were stupid, it might not have caused too many extra deaths so it's ok. Those same people will say that "The people standing behind Trump make faces! I saw it myself! This is proof that Trump isn't handling the virus outbreal properly!!!!!!". That's not subjective opining, that's just putting a higher standard on one person than another and then giving the person who doesn't even meet their lower standard a pass while failing the other.

You read the threads. You have seen it. But you never called it out because anything that's negative towards Trump is ok in your books.

The Jews were similarly singled out in Nazi Germany with fake, defamatory propaganda and you probably think that was wrong. Why do you think that fake, defamatory propaganda is ok in this instance? 

Quote

 

"First they came for the socialists, and I did not speak out—
     Because I was not a socialist.

Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak out—
     Because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—
     Because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me."

 

You get the picture, right? Setting a dangerous precedent...? Lying about people and maligning their character is wrong, yet you like it in this particular instance. "Because it's a leftist cause!"

You're on the wrong [Nazi-esque] side of history here Rue. 

 

Edited by WestCanMan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

You get the picture, right? Setting a dangerous precedent...? Lying about people and maligning their character is wrong, yet you like it in this particular instance. "Because it's a leftist cause!"

You're on the wrong [Nazi-esque] side of history here Rue.

Are you seriously comparing people who criticize Trump to the Nazis who attacked Jews?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trudeau failed. He should have been a lot quicker on decisions and this not taking a test and staying with the wife is a joke.  He needs to do what all people want and call this a national problem and put all resources to work. The child tax credit will do nothing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Argus said:

Are you seriously comparing people who criticize Trump to the Nazis who attacked Jews?

Are you seriously implying that false, defamatory propaganda is ok sometimes?

Edited by WestCanMan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Are you seriously implying that false, defamatory propaganda is ok sometimes?

No, I'm seriously implying that anyone who would make that comparison either needs a lot less or a lot more drugs.

Edited by Argus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, marcus said:

How do you think Trump's handling of COVID-19 has been better than Trudeau?

Trump has done the same things Trudeau has done, but did them first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Argus said:

No, I'm seriously implying that you need either a lot less or a lot more drugs.

Imply away argus. I couldn't care less about your emotional reaction to the last sentence of my post. 

When you want to step away from the kiddie table and challenge the facts I'll still be here. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Shady said:

Trump has done the same things Trudeau has done, but did them first.

That's all at the start of the thread, I'm not going to bother covering old ground for these guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Shady said:

Trump has done the same things Trudeau has done, but did them first.

Trump dismissed the seriousness of this for a long time. His banning of flights from China was good. I'll give him that. But like Trudeau he made zero preparations. And his government has completely screwed up the testing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WestCanMan said:

Imply away argus. I couldn't care less about your emotional reaction to the last sentence of my post.

That wasn't emotional. It was judgemental, based on the lunacy of your comparison.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Subjective opining? 

Trudeau said that banning travel to Canada from China was the wrong thing to do right after Trump did it, then again on on March 16th. When Trump banned travel from other covid hotspots [including places that were majority caucasian] Trudeau's stance remained unchanged. Then on March 19th, just 3 days after saying that banning international travel was useless, Trudeau banned international travel, but only after we already had enough covid here to shut down our economy.

What's "subjective" about that? Tell me one single thing I said there that's not factual, accurate, or pertinent to this topic....

How do you not see the value of stopping the spread of covid into Canada? How can you possibly follow the PM's reasoning that banning international flight wasn't something that should be done, and then 3 days later doing a 180, after we had reached the point where the whole country also had to be shut down?

Can you make sense of that for me without "subjective opining"? No, you can't.

Some people say, in Trudeau's defence, that although he did things that were absolutely wrong from a scientific standpoint, Canadian covid statistics say that the US has more covid per capita so Trudeau gets a STAR! There's a chance that, although he did things that were stupid, it might not have caused too many extra deaths so it's ok. Those same people will say that "The people standing behind Trump make faces! I saw it myself! This is proof that Trump isn't handling the virus outbreal properly!!!!!!". That's not subjective opining, that's just putting a higher standard on one person than another and then giving the person who doesn't even meet their lower standard a pass while failing the other.

You read the threads. You have seen it. But you never called it out because anything that's negative towards Trump is ok in your books.

The Jews were similarly singled out in Nazi Germany with fake, defamatory propaganda and you probably think that was wrong. Why do you think that fake, defamatory propaganda is ok in this instance? 

You get the picture, right? Setting a dangerous precedent...? Lying about people and maligning their character is wrong, yet you like it in this particular instance. "Because it's a leftist cause!"

You're on the wrong [Nazi-esque] side of history here Rue. 

 

Hang on Wes, I actually agree with much of what you just said..you know me..you know me better than most which is why you said the nazi reference but in a way I get thanks...I am just saying we all in this matter have subjective opinions on how to handle it..how much Trudeau and Trump really do...they are mouthpieces...its the bureaucracy around them calling the shots..seriously I liked yer last post but it is our opinions...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Argus said:

That wasn't emotional. It was judgemental, based on the lunacy of your comparison.

Lying and making defamatory statements against people was wrong in 1935 and it’s still wrong. Period. 
That’s not lunacy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...