Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums
cougar

Where did all news go?

Recommended Posts

Since the start of the endemic, I can hardly find a title on CBC not having the distinct COVID-19 mark in it.

Did we all stop to live.  Anything else happening in this country?  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, cougar said:

Since the start of the endemic, I can hardly find a title on CBC not having the distinct COVID-19 mark in it.

Did we all stop to live.  Anything else happening in this country?  

I've been wondering the same thing. It's ridiculous, all about the virus whether it's Canada news, World news, sports, weather, traffic, business. Virus virus virus.

Apparently there was an earthquake in the USA this week. Never heard about it in the news.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, cougar said:

Since the start of the endemic, I can hardly find a title on CBC not having the distinct COVID-19 mark in it.

Did we all stop to live.  Anything else happening in this country?  

Whatever happened to all of those Indian blockades, global warming,  and Trump impeachments and so much more? I guess that this so called virus has to now take center stage over everything else that happens in the world. I am really starting to get fed up with hearing about this pandemic every minute of every hour of every day over and over and over and over and over again. Give me a bloody break from all this crap.  Sure talk about it, but not constantly every time you turn on the news.

It's like they are trying to brainwash us with something here that may not be all that serious and real and for us to be all concerned about. Maybe this is all just bull chit with something else really going on behind the scenes that we are not to know about. There has never been anything like this in regards to any flu virus in the past. Even SARS and the H1N1 viruses did not go this far, and they were just as serious as this one is supposed to be. I think that people need to question more about what is going on here. Question more as I like to do. Works for me!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

I've been wondering the same thing. It's ridiculous, all about the virus whether it's Canada news, World news, sports, weather, traffic, business. Virus virus virus.

Apparently there was an earthquake in the USA this week. Never heard about it in the news.

Probably a volcano will blow it's top next door to you and it will probably be ignored by the MSM. Hey, you never know, eh? LOL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, taxme said:

Probably a volcano will blow it's top next door to you and it will probably be ignored by the MSM. Hey, you never know, eh? LOL.

There is no news now. What we have today is just a medium for leveraging panic, fear and mind control. Now stay inside you fool, do as you've been told.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be very critical and suspect of any plans that try to stretch quarantines beyond about 6 weeks or even a month, because if a four week mass quarantine is done right, there shouldn’t be any new infections.  Stretching it out is just a sign that quarantining wasn’t done properly.  It means getting very strict right away.  I’m thinking this should be in place by Sunday.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I would be very critical and suspect of any plans that try to stretch quarantines beyond about 6 weeks or even a month, because if a four week mass quarantine is done right, there shouldn’t be any new infections.  Stretching it out is just a sign that quarantining wasn’t done properly.  It means getting very strict right away.  I’m thinking this should be in place by Sunday.  

It's like a war though, no plan survives contact, there are victories and defeats, it lurches back and forth, and it takes longer than everybody expected at the beginning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

It's like a war though, no plan survives contact, there are victories and defeats, it lurches back and forth, and it takes longer than everybody expected at the beginning.

I'd very critical of any plan that assumes a quarantine is going to kill the virus in a few weeks, talk about wishful thinking.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

I'd very critical of any plan that assumes a quarantine is going to kill the virus in a few weeks, talk about wishful thinking.

I wouldn't expect anything to come roaring back, it can all be crashed in a day, then take years to recover, this is already a bigger market crash than 2008

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I wouldn't expect anything to come roaring back, it can all be crashed in a day, then take years to recover, this is already a bigger market crash than 2008

Yeah but the American housing market caused the crash in 2008, not so this time around. That's one of the reasons it took so long to bounce back last time, though I suppose the damage done in the wake of this crash could weaken the American economy's ability to bounce back, which could stretch things out, but I'm not buying that is going to last great depression lengths of time, unless a FDR 2.0 takes the reigns to really stretch the depression out.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, cougar said:

Since the start of the endemic, I can hardly find a title on CBC not having the distinct COVID-19 mark in it.

Did we all stop to live.  Anything else happening in this country?  

Yah boy did you notice that...poof gone. Great question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This virus will probably kill a lot of people, it already has, but with a 100% certainty it will bankcrupt several times more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yzermandius19 said:

I'd very critical of any plan that assumes a quarantine is going to kill the virus in a few weeks, talk about wishful thinking.

I ran out of likes. I agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, -TSS- said:

This virus will probably kill a lot of people, it already has, but with a 100% certainty it will bankcrupt several times more.

Yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I wouldn't expect anything to come roaring back, it can all be crashed in a day, then take years to recover, this is already a bigger market crash than 2008

Certainly past economic history with similar patterns agrees with your comment and so must I for the same reasons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2020 at 8:14 PM, taxme said:

It's like they are trying to brainwash us with something here that may not be all that serious and real and for us to be all concerned about. Maybe this is all just bull chit with something else really going on behind the scenes that we are not to know about. There has never been anything like this in regards to any flu virus in the past. Even SARS and the H1N1 viruses did not go this far, and they were just as serious as this one is supposed to be. I think that people need to question more about what is going on here. Question more as I like to do. Works for me!  

Bingo taxme!

Starting with the preliminary data sets and all subsequent, this has been proven to be at most a slightly more than average flu season,

but nobody seems capable of simply looking at the data.

Everyone wants to commit economic and social suicide (and cause real harm to some physically and mentally vulnerable people in our society), it breaks my heart.

 

Coronavirus Mortality Rate in US Dips to 1.2% of Confirmed Cases — When Will WHO Be Held Accountable?

 

Quote

“If we had not known about a new virus out there, and had not checked individuals with PCR tests, the number of total deaths due to “influenza-like illness” would not seem unusual this year. At most, we might have casually noted that flu this season seems to be a bit worse than average. The media coverage would have been less than for an NBA game between the two most indifferent teams….If the level of the epidemic does overwhelm the health system and extreme measures have only modest effectiveness, then flattening the curve may make things worse: Instead of being overwhelmed during a short, acute phase, the health system will remain overwhelmed for a more protracted period. That’s another reason we need data about the exact level of the epidemic activity.”

John Ioannidis - Stanford virology professor

 

Quote

Professor Sucharit Bhakdi has called lockdown measures „useless“, „self-destructive“ and a „collective suicide“. Thus the extremely troubling question arises as to what extent the increased mortality of these elderly, isolated, highly stressed people with multiple pre-existing health conditions may in fact be caused by the weeks-long lockdown measures still in force.

If so, it may be one of those cases where the treatment is worse than the disease.

A Swiss Doctor on Covid-19

 

Quote

According to Professor Walter Ricciardi, scientific adviser to the Italian health minister, in Italy „all the people who die in hospitals with the coronavirus are deemed to be dying of the coronavirus“, although „only 12% of death certificates have shown a direct causality from coronavirus.“

A Swiss Doctor on Covid-19

 

Edited by pinky tuscadero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, pinky tuscadero said:

Bingo taxme!

Starting with the preliminary data sets and all subsequent, this has been proven to be at most a slightly more than average flu season,

but nobody seems capable of simply looking at the data.

Everyone wants to commit economic and social suicide (and cause real harm to some physically and mentally vulnerable people in our society), it breaks my heart.

 

Coronavirus Mortality Rate in US Dips to 1.2% of Confirmed Cases — When Will WHO Be Held Accountable?

 

 

 

 

I ran out of likes. I like. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

You LIKE going after the WHO ?

They aren't putting the economy first!  Who the hell do they think they are!!??

I try and keep out of it a bit, but honestly, how can you not react to statements like this:

this has been proven to be at most a slightly more than average flu season,

I'm a little surprised at Rue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, pinky tuscadero said:

Bingo taxme!

Starting with the preliminary data sets and all subsequent, this has been proven to be at most a slightly more than average flu season,

but nobody seems capable of simply looking at the data.

Everyone wants to commit economic and social suicide (and cause real harm to some physically and mentally vulnerable people in our society), it breaks my heart.

 

Coronavirus Mortality Rate in US Dips to 1.2% of Confirmed Cases — When Will WHO Be Held Accountable?

 

 

 

 

1. There are supposed to be approx. 700,000 people a year that die from some flu like symptons. How do we know as to how many of these people that are dying from this flu bug are really dying from this bug? Are other deaths being lumped in here with this flu bug? Other flu bugs that have come along in the past few decades never got this much attention and some of them were pretty bad where thousands also died from those other flu bugs of the past. We have to only go by what the authorities and the so called experts have to say, and right now I do believe that there is more to this than what meets the eye as they say. Are we all being set up for something just to see how the people will react to a pretend pandemic? All I am doing here is questioning more. 

2. This "social distancing" rule of the day now has gone beyond stupid. People walking around outside in the wide open spaces in two's or groups of more cannot be in any danger to anyone. If people are walking outside, than where is the panic or the problem here? If, as one member said here, we get the bug from someone's sneezing droplets well then how is someone going to catch the bug then unless someone they are walking with sneezes in their face or someone bends down and touches the ground and picks up the sneezing bug droplet with their fingers. First it was that it was an air born bug and now this member is telling me that someone can get the flu from sneezing droplets left behind somewhere? 

But whatever some panic stricken person wants to believe in, I am going to stay quite skeptic about it all. When the media and the politicians are pushing the virus story in a very heavy handed way, well then, that is where I come in and start questioning more. I just do not take what I am being told by the media or our dear leader politicians without question like most lemmings are doing today. Confining people is not the answer or people not being allowed to get together in groups or face fines or jail time is really stupid. But hey. 

3. That professor is no doubt saying it like it needs to be said. Maybe all those deaths are not all due to this present day China virus. That alone should make people want to try and use their brains for a change and start to question more. It is easy for the authorities to tell we the people anything because we have no way of knowing if they are telling us the truth or not? We all pretty much have to take their words for it. That convoy of Italian army trucks supposedly carrying the bodies of dead China Corona virus victims could all be just for show to get the sheeple to believe that this China virus is all for real.    Question more. It's free to do so you know for now. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/23/2020 at 11:43 AM, bcsapper said:

They aren't putting the economy first! 

What is the "economy" anyways?   

Just exploiting and destroying the environment to increase our numbers beyond the 8 billion mark at the expense of all other species?

F* the economy!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, cougar said:

What is the "economy" anyways?   

Just exploiting and destroying the environment to increase our numbers beyond the 8 billion mark at the expense of all other species?

F* the economy!

Yeah, I was being sarcastic.  Calm down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if the daily shootings and killings in Toronto have stopped or just not reported.  I haven't turned on the news today, can't listen to anymore of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, scribblet said:

I wonder if the daily shootings and killings in Toronto have stopped or just not reported.  I haven't turned on the news today, can't listen to anymore of it.

They have no news of criminal activity any more.  All they talk about is sanitizing, washing hands, buying masks,  tenant eviction restrictions or rent raise suspensions and what not.   There is virtually no regular news any more.  Well, some of it is due to cancelled events that did not take place to get in the news.   Also how can one in the US do a mass shooting at a theater, school, concert or workplace when those are closed.  (sarc.)

Edited by cougar
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scribblet said:

I haven't turned on the news today, can't listen to anymore of it.

I'm so with you on that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...