Political Discussion Forums
betsy

Threat of Cyber Attack

They warned of a possible threat of cyber attack on tv yesterday but I only caught the last part of it.   It says that healthcare facilities could be hit.  Anybody heard of that?

I can't find the particular report (I can't recall if it was on CTV or CBC), but I found this:

Coronavirus-themed phishing attacks and hacking campaigns are on the rise

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/coronavirus-themed-phishing-attacks-and-hacking-campaigns-are-on-the-rise/ar-BB11g95u

8 minutes ago, betsy said:

They warned of a possible threat of cyber attack on tv yesterday but I only caught the last part of it.   It says that healthcare facilities could be hit.  Anybody heard of that?

I can't find the particular report (I can't recall if it was on CTV or CBC), but I found this:

Coronavirus-themed phishing attacks and hacking campaigns are on the rise

In the state of de facto military emergency enacted right now, that could be prosecuted under the Counterterrorism Act

if a Canadian was caught doing it, or an American, they could end up in the Supermax next to the Unabomber, but these criminals are probably offshore in India or someplace like that

• Like 1

COVID-19 is now a computer virus as well. Given that almost every link in the world right now is about the COVID-19 virus, that makes it easy to hide a computer virus within that massive stream of information. Simply name the computer virus the same name as the real virus, and it mimics the infection by piggy-backing on the other's information.

As such, we cannot protect ourselves from the COVID-19 computer virus either, because we need to share any and all information about COVID-19.

The information about COVID-19 is a virus COVID-19 is a virus COVID-19 is a virus COVID-19 is a virus COVID-19 is a virus COVID-19 is a virus COVID-19 is a virus COVID-19 is a virus COVID-19 is a virus COVID-19 is a virus COVID-19 is a virus COVID-19 is a virus COVID-19 is a virus COVID-19 is a virus COVID-19 is a virus COVID-19 is a virus COVID-19 is a virus COVID-19 is a virus COVID-19 is a virus COVID-19 is a virus COVID-19 is a virus COVID-19 is a virus COVID-19 is a virus COVID-19 is a virus COVID-19 is a virus COVID-19 is a virus COVID-19 is a virus COVID-19 is a virus COVID-19 is a virus COVID-19 is a virus COVID-19 is a virus COVID-19 is a virus COVID-19 is a virus COVID-19 is a virus COVID-19 is a virus COVID-19 is a virus COVID-19 is a virus COVID-19 is a virus ....

• Like 1