Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums
Lee Teague

Know our enemy?

Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, Shady said:

Progressives today are actually regressive.  They're for open borders and massive legal and illegal immigration, depressing wages of the middle class, causing huge increases in rent and housing costs.  They've completely abandoned their principles.  Corporations love it though.  An unlimited supply of cheap labour.

Okay.

Are you still opposed to outlawing in-camera lobbying?

Even for left-wing governments?

Edited by eyeball

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Okay.

Are you still opposed to outlawing in-camera lobbying?

Even for left-wing governments?

I'm not sure what you mean by in-camera lobbying?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, eyeball said:

:lol:

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, eyeball said:

I'm not sure what you mean by :lol:

Ditto.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Shady said:

Ditto.

You ever been to public meetings where public officials kick everyone out so they can discuss something in-camera?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, eyeball said:

You ever been to public meetings where public officials kick everyone out so they can discuss something in-camera?

Nope.  Does that mean in front of a camera?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shady said:

Nope.

What sort of experience do you have in your governance? 

Quote

Does that mean in front of a camera?

No it means behind a closed door away from the public. It's appropriate when discussing a public employees personal conduct or appearance perhaps but not when a developer requests confidentiality over a contentious issue that impacts the public's interest.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well you are all quick to throw out the same names or labels...but y'all are then equally as quick to throw out different stereotyped values for those names ..kind of pointless... cuz it don't appear any of you can figure out a fathead is a fathead..

...you also might want to ask yourselves why would anyone call anyone else an enemy unless of course hey are one to start with...the enemy is any of us at any time when we stereotype others with negative shit cuz all that does is trigger name calling, demonization,  wars, lynching , shit like that...which is also fatheaded...

Edited by Rue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On March 30, 2020 at 9:46 PM, Lee Teague said:

Respectfully, I think Canada must gradually, over time, disengage from a number of state actors...

 

Cool thread ... altho it is unfortunate if you in fact do not acknowledge that Canada is a state actor.

Yes.

And Canada wins Best Supporting role too ---for every decade since the 1960s as Canada plays alongside the best actors (USA, UK, etc) for a long time now.

I hate to say it, but terrorists will always focus their evil deeds onto regimes that they feel are obstacles to how the world should be. And since formidable terrorist cells (ISIS Al Qaeda Taliban etc) which dislike the USA and UK and Israel also do not think highly of Canada; 

Canada is already a state actor, so birds of a feather must flock together for many decades to come.

Edited by Tdot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, Rue said:

Well you are all quick to throw out the same names or labels...but y'all are then equally as quick to throw out different stereotyped values for those names ..kind of pointless... cuz it don't appear any of you can figure out a fathead is a fathead..

...you also might want to ask yourselves why would anyone call anyone else an enemy unless of course hey are one to start with...the enemy is any of us at any time when we stereotype others with negative shit cuz all that does is trigger name calling, demonization,  wars, lynching , shit like that...which is also fatheaded...

So what say you rue?  Just leave shit up to a bunch of fatheads behind a closed door?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Argus said:

 Now we have Trudeau the shallow proclaiming that Canada is a 'post-nation state', ie, not even a nation.

At least you have to give him credit for admitting the truth.  We are not a nation.  We know why we have immigration happening in these massive proportions.   I did not know that before I came here in 2001.

And I asked about the muck boots, because this is one small example showing that our enemy is not outside this country.   Our enemies are mostly  inside Canada or having the ability to manipulate Canada from further away.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, cougar said:

And I asked about the muck boots, because this is one small example showing that our enemy is not outside this country.   Our enemies are mostly  inside Canada or having the ability to manipulate Canada from further away.

It's our politicians and senior bureaucrats we need to keep an eye on.  The only way to protect ourselves from the influence of dictatorships is to outlaw in-camera lobbying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, eyeball said:

 

So what say you rue?  Just leave shit up to a bunch of fatheads behind a closed door?

No agree on the fact they are fatheads...and do not obess over why they are fat and will never stop being fat and find better ways to manage things without depending on them. Makes no sense trusting a fatman with your doughnuts.  In practical terms it means making do with less material comforts.

It means scaling down on an individual level dependency in our personal lifestyles with certain material goods that distract all of us from priorizing vital services.

Governments as they do now serve as adjuncts and enablers of non vital services. By doing that they have abandon and distracted themselves from their true purpose, protecting us in times of need. By the way that is neither a leftist or rightist argument.

Hey this crisis will maybe spur a shift of paradigm we will need to reexamine the role of government and business.

Cheer up. We will be dead before such changes bare milk and honey.

Regards, Fathead Rue, aka Moses with no gps

Edited by Rue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, cougar said:

At least you have to give him credit for admitting the truth.  We are not a nation.  We know why we have immigration happening in these massive proportions.   I did not know that before I came here in 2001.

First, because Trudeau senior felt a huge influx of immigrants not from our traditional source countries would create a third, dispersed group of Canadians who he felt would diffuse the English vs French arguments. After him it has been continued largely because the party in power finds it politically beneficial to act extravagantly welcome to immigrants in order to please and get the votes of various immigrant/ethnic groups. Both Liberals and Tories have been guilty of this. People forget we were taking in 86k immigrants when Brian Mulroney got elected, and that jumped to 230k by the time he was booted out the door. Also, for politically expedient reasons, anyone who questions this influx is immediately denounced as a xenophobe, anti-immigrant (particularly useful against political opponents) and racist. The Immigration industry which has grown up around all this is also equally good at accusing people of moral failings who question the numbers, and of churning out superficial 'studies' showing how wonderful immigration is. Corporate Canada also loves immigration, witness the likes of the Conference Board of Canada constantly calling for more.

People who question this, both the necessity, and the harm to our traditions, cultures and values as a people, have been almost entirely weeded out of the national media and politics, and so except for occasional polls showing otherwise, it's easy to get the idea all Canadians love mass immigration. They don't.

Edited by Argus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Argus said:

First, because Trudeau senior felt a huge influx of immigrants not from our traditional source countries would create a third, dispersed group of Canadians who he felt would diffuse the English vs French arguments. After him it has been continued largely because the party in power finds it politically beneficial to act extravagantly welcome to immigrants in order to please and get the votes of various immigrant/ethnic groups. Both Liberals and Tories have been guilty of this. People forget we were taking in 86k immigrants when Brian Mulroney got elected, and that jumped to 230k by the time he was booted out the door. Also, for politically expedient reasons, anyone who questions this influx is immediately denounced as a xenophobe, anti-immigrant (particularly useful against political opponents) and racist. The Immigration industry which has grown up around all this is also equally good at accusing people of moral failings who question the numbers, and of churning out superficial 'studies' showing how wonderful immigration is. Corporate Canada also loves immigration, witness the likes of the Conference Board of Canada constantly calling for more.

People who question this, both the necessity, and the harm to our traditions, cultures and values as a people, have been almost entirely weeded out of the national media and politics, and so except for occasional polls showing otherwise, it's easy to get the idea all Canadians love mass immigration. They don't.

A lot of  what you say about multi culturalism has merit..but I respectfully disagree with conclusion about  immigration's relationship  to the economy and respecting differences between people which for me are more about common politeness. That said you raised your arguements this time very fairly and balanced so since I am the first to challenge you I am the first to commend you.

Does it take a virus to force or create a  unified national vision...maybe..I just think things that come about from mutual consent as opposed to forced indoctrination are the way to go. It comes from my Michael Harder manual. His people taught me that. Unitarianmennoniteprogressivereformistbhuddisttaoistjewishstandupcomedianism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...