Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums

America annexing Canada. Please read before judging


Would you support America annexing Canada?  

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

I am an American citizen,  wondering about this topic. My pipe dream was unite our people, we could benefit each other and we aren't too different. We could unite and work together more effectively against global issues. 

Edited by David8865
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hell NO!  Especially now that America is a failing, flailing dangerous empire armed with thousands of nuclear warheads.

Who wants to join the global empire now that its 23 Trillion in debt? I'm just wondering when enough countries start trading outside the US Dollar regime and force a run on the USD - driving down its value in a similar manner that took down the Austria-Hungary Krone in the first world war, and then the British pound after the second world war. Eventually America will have to pay its own way in the world....presuming it can't keep threatening countries militarily who don't want to use the Dollar!

I should point out that Canada was far better off before we got dragged into this "free trade" bs that started with the FTA that quickly morphed into NAFTA. We've never had control over our own economy ever since!

Edited by Right To Left
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Right To Left said:

Hell NO!  Especially now that America is a failing, flailing dangerous empire armed with thousands of nuclear warheads.

Who wants to join the global empire now that its 23 Trillion in debt? I'm just wondering when enough countries start trading outside the US Dollar regime and force a run on the USD - driving down its value in a similar manner that took down the Austria-Hungary Krone in the first world war, and then the British pound after the second world war. Eventually America will have to pay its own way in the world....presuming it can't keep threatening countries militarily who don't want to use the Dollar!

I should point out that Canada was far better off before we got dragged into this "free trade" bs that started with the FTA that quickly morphed into NAFTA. We've never had control over our own economy ever since!

Your scholarship did not touch on some vital realities which can't be excluded.  Most notably, how Canadian GOVT was never once forced into assisting the global empire bully many regimes and radical orgs of the world. Canadian GOVT has willfully assisted the USA for, decades, as the USA went around bullying every continent possible.

This pretend game needs to stop, in terms of citizens repelling Canada's culpability re Canada spending the past 2 decades making itself globally-synonymous with the USA political machine. So, I voted yes in the poll. The USA long annexed Canada due to the culpabilities of Canada.

Edited by Tdot
Link to post
Share on other sites

America cannot "annex" Canada, and certainly doesn't want to.   The original Articles of Confederation included a provision for Canada to join the Union, but that was stricken in the final U.S. Constitution.   

Even if Canadians wanted this to happen (far most don't), the process as defined in the U.S. Constitution requires enabling legislation and overwhelming support in Congress.     Republicans would rail against admitting so many "states" that would lean far more to the left and align with Democrats more than the GOP.

There are few advantages and far more liabilities to the United States and Canada in pursuing such a move.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tdot said:

the global empire bully

If the USA is a empire bully, I would love to see what a benign or wonderful empire would be like. The USA has been the most generous, constructive world power in history. Most of their actions have been intended to help people againtst hunger, poverty and against REAL tyrants. This anti-Americanism is mean spirited, ungrateful and beyond stupid. Read up on the Marshall Plan.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Most of their actions have been intended to help people againtst hunger, poverty and against REAL tyrants

The first two, I agree - in many ways, the US has been a leader in terms of humanitarian actions.  But the last, not so much.  "REAL tyrants" have been ignored or even supported by the US plenty of times.  And currently, even in the US poverty and hunger abound.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, David8865 said:

I am an American citizen,  wondering about this topic. My pipe dream was unite our people, we could benefit each other and we aren't too different. We could unite and work together more effectively against global issues. 

The US government is dysfunctional, and getting worse by the year. Corruption is endemic at all levels and rising due to the nearly completely unconstrained use of money in politics. Your political leaders are morons. Ours are no prize, mind you, but we have no equivalent of Trump or McConnel, Nunez or Gaetz, or the other lying, grandstanding idiots you've got in congress. Nor am I a fan of Sanders or Warren or Gabbard, or Omar or Ocasio-Cortez, btw. Jesus, god, what idiots.

Your health care system is vastly overpriced and inefficient and you already had a horrific national debt even before the virus hit. Your infrastructure is falling apart and many of your cities are nearly bankrupt.

I don't mind the guns, so much, but no, just... no.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Queenmandy85 said:

If the USA is a empire bully, I would love to see what a benign or wonderful empire would be like. The USA has been the most generous, constructive world power in history. Most of their actions have been intended to help people againtst hunger, poverty and against REAL tyrants. This anti-Americanism is mean spirited, ungrateful and beyond stupid. Read up on the Marshall Plan.

whoa, I was just quoting the author of the remark, so I could match the author's context within my response.  

 

I agre with you about the USA. 

Edited by Tdot
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tdot said:

Your scholarship did not touch on some vital realities which can't be excluded.  Most notably, how Canadian GOVT was never once forced into assisting the global empire bully many regimes and radical orgs of the world. Canadian GOVT has willfully assisted the USA for, decades, as the USA went around bullying every continent possible.

This pretend game needs to stop, in terms of citizens repelling Canada's culpability re Canada spending the past 2 decades making itself globally-synonymous with the USA political machine. So, I voted yes in the poll. The USA long annexed Canada due to the culpabilities of Canada.

Canada, for all intents and purposes is already an extension of the United States. And the days when we could oppose US foreign policy and wars (like Vietnam) are long gone today! That's part of the price of NAFTA and the rest of the "free trade" regime. Where does Canada differ with US policy on overthrowing democratically elected governments like Honduras and installing drug-trafficking thugs? Same plan operating in Venezuela and Bolivia..... JT has nothing to say, and our media mouthpieces are silent also. I only wish we could get off of this merry-go-round. But it won't end unless maybe this pandemic does us a favor and destroys the world order that is teetering on the edge of extinction already. What comes after can't be easy, but things can't go on like this much longer!

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Right To Left said:

... JT has nothing to say...

JT is just following instructions.  

 

Exactly like Harper and all of the rest did, over the past two (2) decades.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Tdot said:

JT is just following instructions.  

 

Exactly like Harper and all of the rest did, over the past two (2) decades.

I remember back when after the very long and dramatic waiting period, Justin Trudeau was finally ready to run for Prime Minister, an older neighbor of mine pondered over what it would mean having a second generation Trudeau running the country. My thinking was that whatever you thought of PET, there was no way in hell Junior could follow his father's nationalistic goals any further. Like him or loath him, the new Trudeau would be just as constrained as any other Canadian leader would be in the New World Order.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2020 at 3:40 AM, David8865 said:

I am an American citizen,  wondering about this topic. My pipe dream was unite our people, we could benefit each other and we aren't too different. We could unite and work together more effectively against global issues. 

I delete my initial response.  This is  a manipulated thread. 

Edited by Rue
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Tdot said:

JT is just following instructions.  

 

Exactly like Harper and all of the rest did, over the past two (2) decades.

Who gives you your orders.......finish it.. you reall need a tag team now?

Edited by Rue
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure we would be losing anything of any real value, we talk about our health care system like it was the golden goose...hardly, plenty of other nations who have better, and we have done shit to improve it since it's inception, nor have we put any serious investment into solving it's short comings, like shortage of doctors, nurses, other medical techs........Our gun laws...give me a break, all our gun laws do is punish those law abiding gun owners, does nothing to stop criminals from getting their hands on automatic wpns… it gives the liberals a false sense of security.

Besides the majority of Canadians can not wait to get rid of the Royal family, we are just to lazy to do it, to much work, we could never open the constitution like it was a sacred document hidden in a vault, in an bank, in a volcano....what do we pay politicians for again...Shit our system of government is screwed beyond belief, we even have one province that has not signed the last changes...what are we holding on to... We as a nation could not even bear the thought of having to pay a few million dollars to protect ex prince Harry and his wife while they stayed in Canada... Justin last trip to India cost more than that...

Lots of talk about the US bulling other nations, and yet we say jack Shi* about living under their protection umbrella...., not to mention the nations we ourselves have changed regimes, add on top of that all the ones we assisted with...YA look at Canada's hands they are just as red as the Americans...we are a nations full of Cretiens talking out of both sides of our mouths... 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2020 at 3:40 AM, David8865 said:

I am an American citizen,  wondering about this topic. My pipe dream was unite our people, we could benefit each other and we aren't too different. We could unite and work together more effectively against global issues. 

Canada cannot be annexed

Canada is simply Confederation

The purpose is to keep the French in, the Americans out, and the Indians down

First Confederation, to wit Canada itself would have to dissolve, then the component parts could be integrated more fully, tho I doubt it would ever be completely

I hold both passports, American father, Canadian mother, so I enjoy the best of both worlds

Edited by Dougie93
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2020 at 3:40 AM, David8865 said:

I am an American citizen,  wondering about this topic. My pipe dream was unite our people, 

The  above bait and hook is supposed to make one bite down on it and then start shitting on the US.   I pass. 

Seriously  you know any American who  dreams about  Canada? 

Edited by Rue
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...