Political Discussion Forums
harry666

Canadians, why don’t you be angry?

This is the best of times, and this is the worst of times. This is a beautiful country, and this is an absurd country, Extremely absurd country!

An immigrant from China runs a business for 15 years. In these 15 years, 95% of the transactions are made by cash and he never issued even one invoice or receipt. In these latest 6 years, his annul income reaches more than half million, but his clients believe his annual tax paid to government never exceed $20,000, less than an employee whose annual salary is about $65,000-70,000. In his 15 years of business running, he has never never issued even one receipt or invoice to his clients. And almost 95% of his transactions are made by cash. His clients also know this person has made some conspiracies with his employees in their income taxes returns. His employees got their payment from this businessman by cash, so they won’t pay government by income tax and he won’t pay government CPP and EI for them.  

Also, this person made serious EI fraud. He had a lot of income, but all are hidden and got EI from the government every week. More than 20 letters had been sent to Service Canada Centre which is EI department. Of course, also the result is nothing happened.

In these past 15 years, this businessman has evaded huge tax for his millions income and this tax evasion is continuing.

What is the worse, in these latest 3 and half years, many of his clients sent CRA reports to reveal this person’s massive tax evasion, but CRA has never taken any actions on this person, no investigation, no inspection, no auditing. Different clients provided CRA with the different facts of this businessman’s suspected tax evasion. Some clients even estimated that more than 130 reports had been sent to National Leads Centre- the department of CRA to accept suspected tax evasion reports. Some others even though that more than 150 letters had been sent to CRA. Of course, some letters are just copies.

Except above reports sent to CRA, someone wrote 5 letters to Justin Trudeau, more than 10 letters were sent to Diane Lebouthillier, the Minister of National Revenue and some uncounted letters were sent to the director of CRA to ask them to urge CRA take investigation on this person. But all these letters lead to nothing. One the clients of this businessman were so disappointed that in his final letter to CRA he said this is my last letter, I won't send you anymore, from my experience, I get a formula that is Tax Evasion + CRA equals AT LARGE! While another client was so angry that he wrote to CRA to claim that: “From now on I will evade tax because you do not care tax evasion. If you do not punish the tax evader, I will punish you by tax evasion.” After sending 6 reports with final report a six full-page letter to CRA and the result is nothing, one of his clients sent a letter to CRA with one sentence: we always say, “Justice may be late, but never absent.” While this is an exception!

Yes, all the efforts the clients made look no effects. Nothing happened.   Three and half year ago, one of the clients gave National Leads Centre a call to report this person’s suspected tax evasion. In her 45 minutes calling, the client provides CRA lot of information and facts of this person’s tax evasion and the staff of CRA gave her the case number of this businessman’s tax evasion (the case No. is 6040311). But three and half years past, it looks like this number is zero. Nothing happened!

It looks like CRA always persistently and firmly refuse to investigate suspected any tax evaders with Chinese background.

One of this businessman’s clients even wrote an open letter to all members of parliament. This person asked the MP to urge CRA to investigate this case. But no use. Some clients wrote letters to Primer of Ontario Doug Ford and Mayor of Toronto John Tory, and NDP leader of Ontario, Andrea Horwath, to ask them to urge CRA to start the investigation of this case.

If you think this is just a special case, that is wrong.

In Toronto, a Chinese immigrant sent 10 letters to National Leads Centre to reveal 10 businesspersons with Chinese immigrants’ background suspected tax evasion. Actually, each of them has a long time and massive tax evasion. But unfortunately, again, no one had been investigated.

If you still these are two special cases, that is wrong too.

In Vancouver in 2016, Demetre Lazos, an employee of a company, convinced that his boss, a Chinese immigrant Mr Jungang Gu, a local speculator, was dodging taxes and misleading lenders, he decided to act, approaching both the police and the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) to divulge what he knows.  Demetre Lazos says he couldn't just stand by and watch real-estate speculation, as he puts it, destroy his city. An in-depth look at five of his deals this year reveals that he sold the properties for a cool $5-millions more, in total, than he paid for them. While tax returns, among the documents, show that Mr Gu, now a Canadian citizen, reported personal income of $45,865 last year. His wife, Min Tang, reported $23,612. Documents link Mr Gu and his clients to activity involving at least 36 properties over the past five years. More absurd is CRA Management has known of this issue for at least three years but did not want to pursue the real-estate flips because most of the auditees were Chinese in descent. Now 4 years past, no investigation results had been published.

On the other hand, somethings connecting to CRA and tax happened.

A couple weeks ago, Calgary widow forced to pay $270K to CRA over beneficiary oversight. Donna Phillips' patience is wearing thin as she fights to have $270,000 in tax losses reversed, money she is adamant she never should have had to pay to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). Phillips' 74-year-old husband Jim died in August 2017 after suffering a heart attack.

She says her husband, a former engineer, switched his Retirement Savings Plan (RSP) into a Retirement Income Fund (RIF) when he turned 71 as mandated by the government. Please remember this couple are white.

An investigation by Canada Revenue Agency revealed George Nkoke Nnane, CEO for a tax preparation business, prepared individual tax returns for Golden Capital Management Inc. clients with false information, including charitable donation credits and fictitious business and rental losses.

The false claims enabled GCMI clients to avoid $1,971,212 in federal tax for the taxation periods 2009 to 2013, inclusive.

The investigation also revealed GCMI did not report net income totalling $503,138 on its corporate income tax returns for the taxation. Please remember that this person is also white.

The Canadian Revenue Agency announced Jan. 15 that Gilles Larocque, of Nobleton, pleaded guilty Jan. 7 to failing to pay federal tax and remittance of HST/GST for those two years.

The total fine of $301,125 was the total sum of unpaid federal taxes of $180,401 and $120,724 in unremitted GST/HST claims for those years.  Please remember that this person is also white.

Yes, we know, the Canadian government is fear of the Chinese government, otherwise, why the Canadian government detained Wanzhou Meng on Dec. 1, 2018, then the Chinese government arrested two Canadians quickly. And Canada government can do nothing then. But the domestic department of the Canadian government is also fear of the Chinese government, this is beyond anyone's imagination. Otherwise, no one can explain why a white man, the owner and operator of a Nobleton construction company has been fined more than $300,000 a couple of weeks ago for his tax evasion during only two years (2013 and 2014) while this Chinese businessman above mentioned gets no punishment for his 15 years tax evasion. And no one can explain a couple of weeks ago, a white businessman George Nkoke Nnane, helping a client avoid federal taxes has earned a three-year jail term while this Chinese businessman is still at large although he has millions tax evasion and some other illegal issues. And all these happened after at least 150 reports had been sent to CRA.

Yes, we know, Canadian government is not able to stop coronavirus spreading from China, but we can not understand, why CRA does not stop this Chinese immigrant’s long time and massive tax evasion.

Finally, I must claim that before the above case is processed, I can not open this businessman’s name otherwise it will damage the future’s investigation. But again, please notice that this case number is 6040311.

Here I must stress, most Chinese immigrants are very good, in the above case, most of 150 letters were written by Chinese immigrants and the person who reported 10 suspected tax evaders is also Chinese immigrant. They show us they have highly citizenship and they should be highly appreciated.

Anyway, until now, no one know for what reasons does CRA firmly tolerates or protects this suspected long-time tax evader for long time.

So here I appeal below two:

1. All Canadians give CRA pressure to urge it to start the investigation on this businessman as soon as possible.

2. All Canadians push Parliament to start a hearing to investigate why this happened in CRA.

I wish all Canadians to do our best to maintain our society fairness and justice. To realize this, please call CRA by phone at 1-866-809-6841. Anyway, everyone’s a bit effort will make a great help for our society. This country, this land is our home, we never stand by anyone destroy it!

Please forward this to all your friends and let urge CRA start the investigation soon!

A Torontonian

Yes you’re right.  The CRA goes after hard working people who may have made minor mistakes in their returns but won’t go after the serious evaders.  Why?  They know that good people will comply and are low hanging fruit.  It’s totally unfair, but our governments and police follow the same principle.   It’s the middle class parent rushing to work who gets the tickets.  Major crime is too much work, so they go after the little guys.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

There is also the suspicious wiff of a vendetta. How does this poster have access to so much confidential information? Yes, there are lots of tax cheats but this feels like a personal attack and one that targets an ethnic group. I would like to know why Harry doesn't also go after the tax evasion of the Hell's Angels and the Montreal Mafia as well. Perhaps the CRA doesn't charge Harry's un named person because there is insufficient evidence to secure a conviction. Just because Harry writes letters of accusation, doesn't negate the "innocent unless proven guilty" rule. Harry, you need to provide the CRA with documentation that will lead to a search warrant. 

HARRY BABY,  what is with  all these unsubstantiated allegations with zero proof..such kvetching.... what is  with the 666 man...you now into ooga booga shtick? Geezis  Harry  could you have at least looked  up actual CRA protocols....Really....bad Chinaman story?  Good  God man you have to enter a salon  discretely...you can not just  waltz in  in and announce yourself with a loud fart...have you no regard for your calling...nowcshzt... everyone smells you...the basics man..you can not cha chzxwith a belly full of borscht.

Edited by Rue
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

There is also the suspicious wiff of a vendetta. How does this poster have access to so much confidential information? Yes, there are lots of tax cheats but this feels like a personal attack and one that targets an ethnic group. I would like to know why Harry doesn't also go after the tax evasion of the Hell's Angels and the Montreal Mafia as well. Perhaps the CRA doesn't charge Harry's un named person because there is insufficient evidence to secure a conviction. Just because Harry writes letters of accusation, doesn't negate the "innocent unless proven guilty" rule. Harry, you need to provide the CRA with documentation that will lead to a search 

Mandy you smell what the Rock is cookin.  Move upwind. 

Edited by Rue
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

There's major grammar issues with the OP title.

Alphabet soup  to you...I like to call it borscht. 

Edited by Rue

Low hanging fruit, baby, that’s what CRA likes to pick. This story goes way beyond the shenanigans in Vancouver. We’ve seen it with KPMG accounts in the Isle of Man:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/cra-kmpg-settlement-taxes-1.5154610

and various family trusts:

https://www.thestar.com/news/paradise-papers/2017/11/05/trudeau-bronfman-kolber-offshore-trust-taxes.html

to mention two colourful examples. We don’t be angry ‘cos we got no anger left. 

I had no idea the CRA picks on Trudeau

22 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Low hanging fruit, baby, that’s what CRA likes to pick. This story goes way beyond the shenanigans in Vancouver. We’ve seen it with KPMG accounts in the Isle of Man:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/cra-kmpg-settlement-taxes-1.5154610

and various family trusts:

https://www.thestar.com/news/paradise-papers/2017/11/05/trudeau-bronfman-kolber-offshore-trust-taxes.html

to mention two colourful examples. We don’t be angry ‘cos we got no anger left. 

Edited by Rue

Are there and cites for the OP? 

I could write about a faerie that sells meth and anti-tank weapons to kindergarteners, doesn't make it worth reading. 

• Haha 1

On 4/9/2020 at 9:40 AM, harry666 said:

It looks like CRA always persistently and firmly refuse to investigate suspected any tax evaders with Chinese background.

A Torontonian

Based on one case you make this conclusion ?  Then you say "this is only one... here's two more".

Not enough.

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Based on one case you make this conclusion ?  Then you say "this is only one... here's two more".

Not enough.

You seen one you see  em all..at leat one it comes to the brain many of us males use. Sorry I threw that in for the smarter gender and Michael the Head Harder.

Edited by Rue

2 hours ago, Rue said:

You seen one you see  em all..at leat one it comes to the brain many of us males use. Sorry I threw that in for the smarter gender and Michael the Head Harder.

I will accept 'The Head' as a momentary nickname.  I Canadian so therefore don't I be angry.

Many years ago, a group of us were introduced to a forensic accountant from Hogtown who took interest in a local business and bought it.  I was asked to do a lot of technical work in support, and ended up spending a fair amount of time there.   Enough to realize the scumbag was skimming from his own investors by the millions, and was deeply involved in scamming the R&D tax credit options of what I had done for him.   I contacted his investors (in Europe) who were obviously quite interested in what I had to say.   In the end, he got panicky and we blocked his access to further offshoring of skim cash.  As the creditors closed in (his money safely offshore) one petitioned his company into bankruptcy.    We got his investors to execute their security agreement and bankrupt his accounting firm (that owned everything).  Having everything in hand, financial records from Canadian operations, US operations, paper trail of who moved how much into what offshore account and when, but most of all fraudulent R&D tax claims in hand, I sat down with RevCan to put the bastard behind bars where he belonged.  They first got me to do the R&D technology audit, after which they thanked me for saving them $xxx,000.00 and were happy with status quo.   When I asked why, they simply said it was too much trouble and cost to do the investigation.  

I had similar conversations at that time with Commercial Crimes RCMP.   Essentially, they both said the same thing:  to catch such a sophisticated criminal, they would have to have someone of similar training and experience, and since there were no Canadian victims (not true) they would not prosecute.   They WOULD, however, if we would do the forensic accounting work for them (at a cost of several hundred grand).   The SOB lived out his life fat, dumb and happy until fortunately he died of complications from early onset Alzheimer's.   We found out that he was also the un-accused co-conspirator in a major case where he had swapped his own immunity for hanging his employer out to dry (it was the accountant that actually proposed, arranged and DID the very illegal things that his boss ended up in jail over).

Meanwhile, my best friend, who has filed on time, to the letter of the law and paid his tax bills promptly got a letter a few years ago from CRA that they were assessing a penalty of several MILLION dollars under some obscure rule that more-or-less says that if "the Minister" feels returns have not been filed under the "spirit" of the Act and regs, CRA could simply send him a bill (IIRC under provisions of GAR - General Averaging Rule).  They acknowledged that he had broken no rules at all.

I envy the Chinese guy in Hogtown who has managed to evade so successfully for so long.   (BTW: this is the norm in China, NOBODY reports any income they can avoid, thus everything done in cash - and thus Western economists seem to think they earn a few dollars a day and all of those M-Bs and BMTrouble-yous in the driveway came for free).  I have no respect at all left for anyone or anything to do with the government of Canada and especially its tax henchmen.

Edited by cannuck

Regarding any complicated ‘tax-efficient vehicle’, if you see an intensifier like ‘perfectly‘ or ‘completely‘ used to describe the legality of the scheme, you can presume that dubious carry-on is afoot: 

Offshore trusts are perfectly legal. Wealthy Canadians have long used them as estate-planning tools for moving wealth that has already been taxed in Canada to offshore jurisdictions with far lower — or even zero — taxation. If that wealth were left in Canada, tax would have to be paid on its investment returns every year.

OK, so what’s going on? 

Internal email correspondence and financial records in the Kolber trusts appear to show evidence of bogus records to hide payments, false invoicing and six-figure gifts to avoid paying tax, raising red flags for experts consulted by the Star and CBC/Radio-Canada.

To remedy tax concerns over the years, the Bronfman and Kolber advisers kept two sets of books, opened shell companies in tax havens including Nevada and the British Virgin Islands and created other offshore trusts, working the laws of three different countries to circumvent taxes, the records appear to show. 

“This definitely merits an audit by the Canada Revenue Agency,” says Denis Meunier, former director general of compliance at the CRA.

This story popped up in 2017 and went precisely nowhere. A senior member of the Kolber family has died in the interim. 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland
  • Like 1

There are numeours tales of CRA investigations. The very nature of thec subject prevents us from piercing the privacy and,confidentiality of each case to be able to understand the basis of its results.

Therefore its easy in this vacuum of evidence to spread inneuendo or gossip about any one individual. 

So unless you come up with something publically documented like Spank did, casting innuendos that Chinese are getting special treatment is bullshit which explains why the thread starter went bye bye. His bot busted.

Edited by Rue

I am a Chinese immigrant, I have some special experience with above message. One of my friends is just happened a client of the businessman mentioned above four years ago. He knew lot of facts of the tax evasion of this businessman. He thought this is unlawful and therefore unacceptable. He also has his own business but he is honest, never evaded tax.  He thought he should do something to stop this person’s tax evasion. He wrote 5 reports to CRA to disclose this person’s illegal things. In his reports, he listed many facts. But to his surprise, more than half year past, CRA never take investigations on this person. Finally, he wrote a special letter to CRA: since you don’t care tax evasion, then I will also make some tax evasion with relax.  And late he really did this. Now It is said that he had evaded huge tax for his millions business profit and he knows he will never be investigated. He guarantees this from above good example.

Now three years past, CRA never investigate this businessman.

On 4/9/2020 at 5:21 PM, Rue said:

..you can not just  waltz in  in and announce yourself with a loud fart...

Yes, Harry , you can be angry.    I am not, I have other , more important things to be angry about.

And I think you Harry and Canaleaf are the same person or at least two individuals from the same background who know one another.

Edited by cougar

20 hours ago, canaleaf said:

I am a Chinese immigrant, I have some special experience with above message. One of my friends is just happened a client of the businessman mentioned above four years ago. He knew lot of facts of the tax evasion of this businessman. He thought this is unlawful and therefore unacceptable. He also has his own business but he is honest, never evaded tax.  He thought he should do something to stop this person’s tax evasion. He wrote 5 reports to CRA to disclose this person’s illegal things. In his reports, he listed many facts. But to his surprise, more than half year past, CRA never take investigations on this person. Finally, he wrote a special letter to CRA: since you don’t care tax evasion, then I will also make some tax evasion with relax.  And late he really did this. Now It is said that he had evaded huge tax for his millions business profit and he knows he will never be investigated. He guarantees this from above good example.

Did you make a new account just to support yourself?

Regardless, it's not crazy to say that CRA (and the police) turn a blind eye to a lot of Chinese business activity in the GTA.  If you've ever been to Pacific Mall in the GTA, it's almost all Cantonese and everything is cash-based.  I remember going and buying a dozen knock-off DVD's forever ago with my asian girlfriend at the time for like $2 a piece.  No effort is made to hide it.  It's literally a wide-open counterfeit store and the local authorities don't care a whiff.  

21 hours ago, canaleaf said:

Bullshit. I challenge your response as coming from the person who started the thread- you are one and the same troll. I challenge your " story" as false and suggest anyone who is aware of income tax reporting and privacy laws and for that matter basic  CRA regulations would know why and how you would not have been entitled to any responses from the CRA  to be able to then go on as you have to make the conclusions you did.

Further I contend:

1-you posed as a Chinese immigrant in anticipation of being accused of being anti-Chinese;

2-your attempt at fractured English to further serve the posing as a Chinese immigrant is based on someone who clearly does not speak Cantonese or Mandarin pretending  to mangle English the way you think Chinese sound  when they speak Englush;

3-the bragging that you "friend"  is now tax evader because the CRA does not care is nonsensical because you would have people believe on the one hand  your "friend" is an honest Chinese immgrant because he pays his taxes knowing its dishonest not to pay his taxes butvthen on then knowing its dishonest chooses not to pay his taxes because the CRA doesn't care;

4- further tone the CRA not caring would not make his tax evasion honest but deliberately dishonest using the failure of the CRA tonfacilitatd his tax invasion;

5-then you would have us believe hisvdish9n3stybis justified and therefore its onto break the law if you think you will not get caught;

6- given the above it would mean someone non Chinese should also engage in tax evasion meaning the issue is not specific to Chinese immigrants and yet you still felt it necessary to point out he was Chinese knowing it's not relevant to why he is breaking the law;

7- further to 6, your reference to Chinese necessarily infers other Chinese do

So given the above people tax evade because the CRA doesn't care butbits necessary to point out when they are Chinese immigrants.

What nonsense. What an absolute half assed attempt to advance a stupid contention to incite hatred against Chinese immigrants.

Edited by Rue