Political Discussion Forums

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't you wish thay gave us a hint how the voting's going?

I'm now sitting on pins and needles out here in Lotusland. In about 17 hours I will hear a thump at my door, and I'll run like a maniac to retrieve my National Post newspaper to see who has won.

If any of you who live east of here, and thus hear the the beautiful sound of the NP landing at your door sooner then I do, I hope you will post the results here pronto ..... 17 hours is an awfully long time.

I'm now sitting on pins and needles out here in Lotusland. In about 17 hours I will hear a thump at my door, and I'll run like a maniac to retrieve my National Post newspaper to see who has won.

My head's been thumping ever since I found out who won.

It took the National Post newspaper five weeks and 12 pages of material to build up readers interest in the 'Beautiful Minds' competition, and to see all that effort go to waste just because some idiot was allowed to vote thousands of times for the only crackpot in this elite group is sad. Very sad.

But I'm sure that the NP does not strive to appeal to the lowest strata of the IQ spectrum, so I fully expect them come out with a BIG apology and a BIG explanation in tomorrow's paper.

I can't wait!

Who won?

BTW: The NP online poll system can be hacked. You don't need to sit there and click 1000 times. You can write a computer program that would vote for you while you sleep. The GM polls are much more reliable because they require you to login before voting.

It took the National Post newspaper five weeks and 12 pages of material to build up readers interest in the 'Beautiful Minds' competition, and to see all that effort go to waste just because some idiot was allowed to vote thousands of times for the only crackpot in this elite group is sad. Very sad.

But I'm sure that the NP does not strive to appeal to the lowest strata of the IQ spectrum, so I fully expect them come out with a BIG apology and a BIG explanation in tomorrow's paper.

I can't wait!

:lol::lol::lol: Don Cherry!!???

Preston Manning

Charles Krauthammer

Michael Ignatieff

Irshad Manji

Mark Steyn

Naomi Klein

That's MY short list.

Looking at the results I must say you did great, sir.

The 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th and 15th spot that your five picks ended up in is nothing to sneeze at. As good handicapping as I've ever seen.

Congratulations!

Btw, sir, any idea which riding Paul Martin's star candidate, Michael Ignatieff, will end up in?