Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums

Recommended Posts

Bill Maher said it was fine to call the coronavirus the “China virus,” adding that a global pandemic was no time for political correctness.

“‘What if people hear Chinese virus and blame China?’ The answer is we should blame China. We can’t afford the luxury anymore of non-judginess towards a country with habits that kill millions of people,” Maher thundered Friday in a monologue at the end of his HBO show “Real Time.”

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

"Chinese" can also refer to ethnicity, so it would be better to call it the China virus.  China (the government) should be blamed and shamed.

Would you feel okay about one called the Canada virus? Further, would the people around you feel okay about it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Marocc said:

Would you feel okay about one called the Canada virus? Further, would the people around you feel okay about it?

I don't mind the Canada Goose being called the Canada Goose.  And they're a bloody pest.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Marocc said:

Would you feel okay about one called the Canada virus? Further, would the people around you feel okay about it?

If my country and government were responsible for that virus and hundreds of thousands and potentially millions of worldwide deaths and massive economic suffering my feelings wouldn't really be relevant.

This virus was caused by China's neglect in health and safety despite this being a continued problem that has repeatedly occurred and continual warnings.  This wasn't caused by an accident it was caused by negligence, and criminal negligence at that.  If any company in Canada were responsible for this you can bet they would be sued into the stratosphere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, -1=e^ipi said:

We should call it the communist party virus.

The Chinese communist party virus.  Just in case there's ever another communist party anywhere.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, eyeball said:

I prefer Xi Jinping's virus.

Dr. Xi Jinping's Chinese communist party virus and travelling show.  Step right up folks, and have your temperature taken.

Edited by bcsapper
Link to post
Share on other sites

We should stop calling Spanish flu Spanish flu. No yellow fever. No black plague. Sorry Mr. Zeka. No West Nile virus. No German measles.  Please do not call it Rue bella either. Diseases are named after people who discover them and or geographic sites where they start.

Regards, 

Herb East

Chic  N. Pochs

V. Dee

M.E. Zulls

Britt Tun

Phil Ippeeyin

Hart Attack

Di Arhea

Lou Khemia

 

 

 

 

Edited by Rue
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2020 at 2:12 PM, Moonlight Graham said:

"Chinese" can also refer to ethnicity, so it would be better to call it the China virus.  China (the government) should be blamed and shamed.

I like the term some people are using ,  calling it the CCP Virus.  I like it and use the term instead of COVID or whatever.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2020 at 11:42 PM, bcsapper said:

I don't mind the Canada Goose being called the Canada Goose.  And they're a bloody pest.

Too bloody right they are, I've never quite forgiven Canada for all the goose shit I used to have to clean off my yacht.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2020 at 3:29 PM, Marocc said:

Bill Maher said something racist/derogatory/embarassing.

That is his profession, no?

 

Go away with your leftist liberal racist bull chit. Maher is right, and the virus started in China and why should it not be called the China virus? Screw off with that political correctness nonsense. I will bet that if the virus started in Canada, I pretty much know that you would not have a problem with calling it a Canada virus, eh? That to you would not be seen as being racist, eh?  It would appear as though your profession is to try and create and promote hatred against Western looking people of the world to me alright. ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2020 at 12:02 PM, Rue said:

We should stop calling Spanish flu Spanish flu. No yellow fever. No black plague. Sorry Mr. Zeka. No West Nile virus. No German measles.  Please do not call it Rue bella either. Diseases are named after people who discover them and or geographic sites where they start.

Regards, 

Herb East

Chic  N. Pochs

V. Dee

M.E. Zulls

Britt Tun

Phil Ippeeyin

Hart Attack

Di Arhea

Lou Khemia

 

 

 

 

So just where did you steal all of that you posted above?  I can be pretty sure that you did not come up with any of that you posted above in your brain? It's not possible for you to be able to do. Just from my observations with months of dealing with you. ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2020 at 11:39 AM, New World Disorder said:

I like the term some people are using ,  calling it the CCP Virus.  I like it and use the term instead of COVID or whatever.

Just call it the Kung Flu and be done with it.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Chinese virus may damage people's lungs, but Trump virus damages people's brains....

Politically, it would be more sarcastic if the huge American empire collapsed before the tiny Chinese virus:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, xul said:

Chinese virus may damage people's lungs, but Trump virus damages people's brains....

Politically, it would be more sarcastic if the huge American empire collapsed before the tiny Chinese virus:

Do you think it might be politically expedient for Trump to wipe China from the map if that collapse happens?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, eyeball said:

Do you think it might be politically expedient for Trump to wipe China from the map if that collapse happens?

Nobody would want to pull the trigger if others also had guns pointing on his head.....

 

For your information, this isn't a scene from Hollywood sic-fi movies like terminator or X-Men: apocalypse...

 

If US collapses, Trump will still be alive. But if he pulls the trigger, he will also die. And what is the purpose of having a gold toilet without being able to use it...

 

 

 

 

Edited by xul
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm wondering if the time comes when everyone pull out its guns, who will be the Parrot in the video of Pirates of the Caribbean...

1. Taiwanese separatist President inspects Taiwan largest annual military drill

 

2. PLA

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by xul
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Someone asked quite fittingly that can't we even have a pandemic without someone getting offended.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

No.  The virus has a technical/ medical name.   Calling it anything else  would be inflammatory.  People   seem to want to  blame someone.....   Natural , but  emotionally reactive responsive.   Counterproductive. 

 

More important to deal with & learn   all we can about   the virus  than  play the blame  game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Pacifica77 said:

No.  The virus has a technical/ medical name.   Calling it anything else  would be inflammatory.  People   seem to want to  blame someone.....   Natural , but  emotionally reactive responsive.   Counterproductive. 

 

More important to deal with & learn   all we can about   the virus  than  play the blame  game.

China deserves every bit of blame they get for releasing a virus that simply effed up everything. The CCPVirus is the best appropriate name. Because it shows the issue with the virus and that the CCP is no different from a virus.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Pacifica77 said:

No.  The virus has a technical/ medical name.   Calling it anything else  would be inflammatory.  People   seem to want to  blame someone.....   Natural , but  emotionally reactive responsive.   Counterproductive. 

 

More important to deal with & learn   all we can about   the virus  than  play the blame  game.

The virus came from China and therefore it should be called the China virus. You must be one of those communist Chinese sympathizers out there, eh? Are you friends with that Tammy Chinese health officer woman by chance? I personally believe that she is a communist spy for China. Hey, we never know, eh? :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2020 at 6:36 AM, xul said:

I'm wondering if the time comes when everyone pull out its guns, who will be the Parrot in the video of Pirates of the Caribbean...

1. Taiwanese separatist President inspects Taiwan largest annual military drill

 

2. PLA

 

 

 

 

 

You must watch a hell of lot of movies, eh? Just saying. I heard that the new Top Gun Movie had to remove some scenes from the movie because some of the actors in the movie were wearing some Taiwanese and Japanese looking stuff on their uniform. Apparently, China was offended by whatever they were wearing on their uniforms. Apparently, China does not exactly like Taiwan or Japan. China looks at those two countries as an enemy of the Chinese communist regime. I guess that  is because those two countries are freedom loving capitalist countries.  

Up China. The whole world should stop dealing with a communist country like China that imprisons innocent people because they say something that the commies do not want to hear, and murders many also. The world put sanctions against South Africa over apartheid, so why not the whole world put sanctions against China? I am pretty sure though that leftist liberals/democrats do not want sanctions against China. They love their communist China. Our Canadian comrade leader even has said that he admires communist China. I bet that he does. I am pretty sure that he would love to bring a lot of Chinese communism to Canada if he could. Hey, we never know, eh? ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements



×
×
  • Create New...