Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums

Recommended Posts

OK, as a nearly dead white guy, I'm not exactly an authority on such matters but I would like to suggest that 'African Americans' or 'blacks' are preferable terms rather than some of the older ones. 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Canada is one of the LEAST racist countries in the world and actively works at stamping it out.  Why would you be overly concerned about racism in Canada when the MOST racist countries are Middle

This is like asking why some Canadians steal, or rape, or murder.

Probably similar to the reasons some Muslims are so loud about their hatred of non-Muslims, gays, Jews, etc.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Agreed.  Sometimes society needs changing.  But it's also far easier to change our own actions to achieve better life results than to change society and government policy.  People, including us on here, waste a lot of time yammering on for society to change when we could focus that effort on improving our own lives.

For instance, Jim Crow laws should obviously have been abolished.  But now people are asking for reparations for slavery in the US.  Which is fine.  But I would think instead of african-americans waiting endlessly for white people and the government  to "save them", it would be much easier for poor black people to raise their lot by forcing their kids to study hard, stay in school, and teach them to not have kids out of wedlock.

Yes, the key is from within, the individual building a family life and strong parenting.

Someone told me once a story that when the Jewish people came to North America the young were involved in gang activity, the jewish mafia was quite a presence.

What happened ? The elders, strong families united, I mean nobody can argue with the progress made by that generation here (unless you are Alex Jones), for example the software writen for deep learning for Artificial Intelligence was written by a Jewish person in Quebec I believe.

Is also fair to mention that the Jewish people did recieve war compensation from Europe but Abraham Lincoln promised African-Americans: Forty acres and a mule is part of Special Field Orders No. 15, a post-Civil War promise however he never delivered.

Edited by Independent1986
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tdot said:

No, there's no need to do that IMHO because those places are not, democracies, whereas North America is. Those places don't promise equality/freedom to negros, at the same time they rape them for those things. But North America certainly does.

So I think it's best to compare North America to what North America has promised.

 

Racism flourished in North America regardless of democracy.....India is the largest democracy in the world....South Africa is a democracy that imported Canada's very racist reserve system for apartheid.

 

Quote

Notwithstanding this self-congratulatory revisionism, Canada mostly supported apartheid in South Africa. First, by providing it with a model. South Africa patterned its policy towards Blacks after Canadian policy towards First Nations. Ambiguous Champion explains, “South African officials regularly came to Canada to examine reserves set aside for First Nations, following colleagues who had studied residential schools in earlier parts of the century.”

https://canadiandimension.com/articles/view/our-shame-canada-supported-apartheid-south-africa1

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

Racism flourished in North America regardless of democracy...

I don't think I ever disputed that fact.  

My point here, for example, if you reflect on the democracies that you listed [India South Africa] you will not find legislation as comprehensive or far-reaching, as:

  • Emancipation Proclamation 
  • 13th & 14th Amendments
  • Civil Rigjts Act of 1964
  • Title VII of 1964
  • Voting Rights Act of 1965

As these are social imperatives designed to uplift a specific minority group being subjugated and oppressed by the dominant group in society. North America features progressiveness like this --- can you say the same, for those democracies you mentioned? 

Edited by Tdot
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

I think white Canada should be:

- congratulated for being one of the least racist societies in the world and in human history.

- criticized for the racism that still exists.

And who criticizes the minorities here for their racism? Because in my experience there's a lot more of it and it's more blatant than among white Canadians.

Two thirds of visible minorities are immigrants from third world countries where racism  and homophobia are absolutely normal, accepted, unpunished, and routine in all aspects of society. You think they abandon that when they show up at our door? The media are like vultures, dropping on any sign of racism or homophibia they can find and screaming it to the world. What was the big story on the CBC the other day? A crazy man pushed another man to the ground after shouting at him and then walked away. Yup. That was it. Because the crazy man was white and the victim was Asian. The routine interplay of unsocialized or drunk or crazy people in a big city gets blown up to major importance whenever race is involved - but only if the guilty party is white. The media is extremely reluctant to ever mention non-white racism or homophobia or antisemitism.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Independent1986 said:

Slavery is one of the biggest trauma in history however if the focus is ONLY on the trauma's atrocities overcoming the actual trauma it will be so much harder. 

But only the slavery represented by the US slave trade, right? The far, longer and larger and more prevalent slave trade which has gone on for a thousand years in the middle east and still exists today is ignored.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Independent1986 said:

Is also fair to mention that the Jewish people did recieve war compensation from Europe but Abraham Lincoln promised African-Americans: Forty acres and a mule is part of Special Field Orders No. 15, a post-Civil War promise however he never delivered.

He did deliver. But after he died Johnson rescinded the order and gave the land back.

Edited by Argus
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tdot said:

As these are social imperatives designed to uplift a specific minority group being subjugated and oppressed by the dominant group in society. North America features progressiveness like this --- can you say the same, for those democracies you mentioned? 

 

Yes I can, as each of those democracies developed at an even more basic human rights level.   And still, racism remains.  South Africa needed black labour, Canada did not need First Nations labour to the same extent.   Canada is not the United States and has its own voting franchise history, Dominion Elections Act, legislation (e.g. Indian Act), etc.   The Charter of Rights and Freedoms dates to 1982.

Racism in Canada has its own distinctive attributes and history, influenced by economics, politics, cultural bias, and legal discrimination.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

 

Racism in Canada has its own distinctive attributes and history, influenced by economics, politics, cultural bias, and legal discrimination.

Right, they have followed the USA's schematic since 1863 then.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

No, Canada has followed it's own schematic for racism..still does.

I cannot agree because I don't see where there's a viable, tangible difference. 

For example, I have great negro friends who took me to Scarborough or Jane & Finch in Toronto and in Montreal yes several times and some who took me to Crenshaw Blvd in L.A. and some who took me to CHIraq (southside Chicago) and Detroit. For years. Yes, where I talk to subjugated people to understand the problem.

White privilege yields the same result, always, no matter where your region of democracy exists on Earth. The fancy names of doctrines and laws, never fools me, because when I look in the 'trenches' I still see the same picture for all negros living in any White-controlled society.

Edited by Tdot
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tdot said:

I cannot agree because I don't see where there's a viable, tangible difference. 

 

 

This is about Canada, with far fewer "negros".   Canada's racism spans much wider than that, especially for First Nations, for whom the racism is still codified in federal and provincial law.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

...especially for First Nations, for whom the racism is still codified in federal and provincial law.

True.  But they still are not treated as bad as, negros, whether it's Canada or the USA ... the same concept is used, because First Nations and American Indian still derive from Caucasians DNA. Negros do not.

Although in the USA, they at least gave "them" a sort of reparations, by letting them build lucrative gambling casinos on Indian Reservations.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You know what is funny, if there is a white privilege system you know who is benefiting from it ? It is the white elitists lecturing everyone else about racism. They are very smart, you keep telling people to blame other poor white people while you maintain your high position.

The middle white American for example, you think they are benefiting from white privilege ? They are broke due to atomization, generations of families all they did is work in a factory and now technology is taking their jobs and is very hard for them to retrain.

So if I was a broke white guy from middle America and I can not provide for my family and I listen every day to the media, I listen to people like T-Dot and bush-cheney calling me racist every day of course they would vote for someone like Trump. As a matter of fact next time they might elect someone that will make Trump look like a teddy bear.

So of course it sells and is good for far left groups to turn minorities against poor whites and other way around. The key is the economics, no matter where we are if we try to be the best we can be there is always going to be opportunity so we can provide for our family: is called hard work, even if it's a job at Tim Hortons or working in a big corporation, if you are serious and responsible no matter if you are white or a minority you will move up.

Edited by Independent1986
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

OK, as a nearly dead white guy, I'm not exactly an authority on such matters but I would like to suggest that 'African Americans' or 'blacks' are preferable terms rather than some of the older ones. 

Why do blacks born and raised in America keep calling themselves African Americans? They are not African, they are American. I thought that when someone is born in America they are now Americans. I guess that the reason why blacks like to call themselves African American is that they do not want or like to call themselves an American. They remind of the Indians in Canada. Both of them appear to hate the countries that they were born in. Sadly, I am now starting to wonder these days as to what country am I living in now? It certainly does not look like the old Canada that I was brought up in 50 years ago. I cannot imagine what Canada will look like in another 50 years. There appears to be not much point in standing on guard for Canada anymore. Aw well, what more can be said.  :unsure:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Independent1986 said:

It is the white elitists lecturing everyone else about racism.

Well, we're not all *elitists*,  but we are the ones who recognize that certain characteristics give people a 'helping hand' in society.  This includes physical features, such as weight, how old you look, how 'attractive' you look, and your skin color, among other things.  

One thing I really like about my employer's hiring practices is that they've gone a long way towards eliminating those kinds of biases.  They do seem to select people based primarily on their suitability for the job and not other factors that aren't really important.  I won't say they're perfect, of course, because humans are humans and bias can creep in despite our own best efforts.  But they are at least making a good effort, rather than engaging in denial as so many on this forum are doing.  You can't improve things if you refuse to admit anything needs improving.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Independent1986 said:

....The middle white American for example, you think they are benefiting from white privilege ? They are broke due to atomization, generations of families all they did is work in a factory and now technology is taking their jobs and is very hard for them to retrain.

So if I was a broke white guy from middle America and I can not provide for my family and I listen every day to the media, I listen to people like T-Dot and bush-cheney calling me racist every day of course they would vote for someone like Trump. As a matter of fact next time they might elect someone that will make Trump look like a teddy bear.

 

Obsessing on America or America's president will do nothing to inform the existing racism in Canada.  

Some Canadians like to do this regardless of the topic....gun control....hate speech....abortions...healthcare....military spending...etc.

Is there ever a time when Canada can measure itself without doing so ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Well, we're not all *elitists*,  but we are the ones who recognize that certain characteristics give people a 'helping hand' in society.  This includes physical features, such as weight, how old you look, how 'attractive' you look, and your skin color, among other things.  

One thing I really like about my employer's hiring practices is that they've gone a long way towards eliminating those kinds of biases.  They do seem to select people based primarily on their suitability for the job and not other factors that aren't really important.  I won't say they're perfect, of course, because humans are humans and bias can creep in despite our own best efforts.  But they are at least making a good effort, rather than engaging in denial as so many on this forum are doing.  You can't improve things if you refuse to admit anything needs 

We live in capitalism, I can guarantee you that if companies are using BIAS OR AFFIRMATIVE ACTION (don't try to pretend the other side of the coin does not exist).

My point is if they are using the above 2 tactics at the end of the day is PRODUCTION, how hard you work, if you come late to work and so on. How does race play a part in this ? At the end of the year the person does not matter if he is blue is judged by the quality of his or her work.

This is for the private sector where the real work is. We are not priviliged like the government workers to have job stability and get a fat pension for wasting time (not everyone, lots of good people in the goverment).

Edited by Independent1986
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tdot said:

I don't think I ever disputed that fact.  

My point here, for example, if you reflect on the democracies that you listed [India South Africa] you will not find legislation as comprehensive or far-reaching, as:

  • Emancipation Proclamation 
  • 13th & 14th Amendments
  • Civil Rigjts Act of 1964
  • Title VII of 1964
  • Voting Rights Act of 1965

As these are social imperatives designed to uplift a specific minority group being subjugated and oppressed by the dominant group in society. North America features progressiveness like this --- can you say the same, for those democracies you mentioned? 

The point that you are not getting here is why do so many people from the third world always want to immigrate too and live in a white Western country? If we white people are supposed to be so racist, why then are white people allowing 80% of their new immigrants to be non-white immigrants? One would think that those 3rd world immigrants should have to be out of their f'n minds for wanting to immigrate to a white racist country where white people hate non-whites. You must think that all white people should just roll over and die for no-whites, eh?  

I do not ever see millions of white people wanting to immigrate to a non-white country every year. And why would they? White people already know what it is like living in most of those third world hell/shit hole countries where racism, poverty, hunger, slavery, archaic 10th century religions still exist and so much more. There can be no doubt about it that the more the western white countries of the world keep bringing in more people from the 3rd world, the more those western white countries will start to look like and become more like those 3rd world countries. As an example: Look at Britain today where there are parts of Britain that are majority Muslim now where once white people were in the majority, and who are now fast becoming a minority in their own white cities and are being told that they must live the life of a Muslim or leave their Muslim city. Even the London police will not go in those cities. 

This is but one prime example of what multiculturalism and massive 3rd world immigration is doing to Britain thanks to those British leftist liberal politicians who are responsible for all of this. Indeed, racism will become bigger in time because of those two programs and agendas that I just mentioned as white people from all white western countries will start to see no go cities start popping up in their own countries. A book written some time ago called the "Camp of the Saints" explains it all very well as to what will and now is happening in France today. 

Any comments on what I wrote above? Over to you. ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites

For the above post, my friend you need to get out and meet people. The majority of immigrants just want a good life for their family. My first job a muslim hired me and a jewish person helped me in my lowest point and once you witness stuff like this you will realize is not really that simple how Breitbart says it. People are people.

The majority of immigrants are being used by left wing groups to gain political power. I never understood why right wing groups don't go to reach out more to immigrants because they can gain so much political capital as majority of immigrants are very conservative in their family life.

Let me leave you with this line: It is not the strongest who can survive, is the one that can adapt to change. The world is changing.

Edited by Independent1986
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Independent1986 said:

You know what is funny, if there is a white privilege system you know who is benefiting from it ? It is the white elitists lecturing everyone else about racism. They are very smart, you keep telling people to blame other poor white people while you maintain your high position.

The middle white American for example, you think they are benefiting from white privilege ? They are broke due to atomization, generations of families all they did is work in a factory and now technology is taking their jobs and is very hard for them to retrain.

So if I was a broke white guy from middle America and I can not provide for my family and I listen every day to the media, I listen to people like T-Dot and bush-cheney calling me racist every day of course they would vote for someone like Trump. As a matter of fact next time they might elect someone that will make Trump look like a teddy bear.

So of course it sells and is good for far left groups to turn minorities against poor whites and other way around. The key is the economics, no matter where we are if we try to be the best we can be there is always going to be opportunity so we can provide for our family: is called hard work, even if it's a job at Tim Hortons or working in a big corporation, if you are serious and responsible no matter if you are white or a minority you will move up.

Indeed, the biggest shit disturbers here is the leftist liberal media and the many so called anti-racist organizations who say that they are all for equality and are all there to help combat racism and hatred when they could not really give a crap about hatred or racism one bit. Matter of fact most of those groups are promoting more hatred and racism themselves. Even the democratic party is great at this. They say that they are all for non-white people and want to fight hatred and racism but in reality they could careless about solving either one of them. After all, was it not the demonrat party that gave America slavery? 

All the democrats want is the minority non-white vote. Do you honestly believe that politicians like Hillary, Pelosi or Schiff and the rest of that pathetic bunch of demonrat haters really care about non-white people? Those people who think that needs to go buy some brains. What the hell did Obama ever do for his black people? Sweet dyk all. 

Indeed, Trump is there for all Americans. If the non-whites think that Trump is one big bad racist then let them go vote for the demonrats in the next election. Indeed, they will see that Trump was a teddy bear but then it will be too late for those buffoons. It is just so amazing as to how the leftist liberal media in Canada and America always keep trying to make both counties look like they are bastions of hatred and racism. Wake up you dumb bunch of fools. The media is no friends to anyone. They appear to now be the enemy of we the people. :(

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Independent1986 said:

I never understood why right wing groups don't go to reach out more to immigrants because they can gain so much political capital as majority of immigrants are very conservative in their family life.

I've wondered this myself; I think JT loses more votes than he gains among immigrants from conservative countries when he supports gay marriage, LGBTQ+, abortion, etc.  I think it's a bit of a myth that bringing in immigrants = more votes.  Immigrants aren't entirely dumb, they understand that voting allows them to direct government policy and if they want to direct government policy towards less progressive policies, they know which party that is.  They don't like the conservatives anti-immigrant rhetoric, though.  I've seen that on other discussion forums - "Liberals have values I don't agree with, but Conservatives seem to really dislike people like me."  

The only reason I can think of is that, despite the claim that immigrants are merely Liberals way of 'getting more votes', they know perfectly well that the immigrant vote would not give them enough to outweigh their base that prefers their anti-immigrant  rhetoric.

It's odd, though, since it doesn't really matter who is in power - immigration increases don't change all that much between the two parties.  https://www.thewalrus-factchecking.com/post/fact-check-is-the-liberal-government-rapidly-increasing-immigration-levels-in-canada

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

 

Is there ever a time when Canada can measure itself without doing so ?

Of course. Always.  

Thats of course, if you feel like playing pretend that Canada does not exactly follow the USA schematic on these same issues. I mentioned to you where I've been, in ghettos, and I mentioned how people tell stories that are all the same no matter if it's Canada ghetto or USA ghetto.

Why?

Because Canada GOVT and Canada pop culture, mimics the USA.   Refusing to identify how Canada's racism culture is continually, fueled, is doing a disservice to this topic.

Edited by Tdot
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Independent1986 said:

...I never understood why right wing groups don't go to reach out more to immigrants ...

Because the USA does not need them.  Haven't needed them since Roosevelt's New Deal, technically, as the right wing seems to understand that ---and how America needs to continue making things better for negros. Not any other minorities before them.

President Trump seems to have figured that out.  

He is seen out in public, strategically, only with darkskinned negros. Never lightskinned Blacks nor lightskinned immigrants.  This is not a coincidence ---it is in direction opposition to the Schumer-Obama-Biden/Hillary-Pelosi Movement of gifting the USA's frontier to lightskinned immigrants and our great LGBT brethren:

 

 

Edited by Tdot
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements




×
×
  • Create New...