Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums

Was Trump Right to De-Fund the WHO, Pending the Results of an Investigation?


Was Trump Right to De-Fund the WHO, Pending the Results of an Investigation?   

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't be a wimp. After you vote, tell us how you voted, and why.

This is probably the most energy invested into a MLW forum poll to date.    Well done ! I voted for defunding regardless of Trump, as the WHO needed to be reformed many years ago. Mod will p

Read what YOU JUST WROTE THERE, YOURSELF! Those words came out of your own brain but somehow you manage to fail to grasp the significance of them entirely. VIRAL OUTBREAK. CATACLYSMIC EVENT. BANN

This is probably the most energy invested into a MLW forum poll to date.    Well done !

I voted for defunding regardless of Trump, as the WHO needed to be reformed many years ago.

Mod will probably move this to the U.S. sandbox.

Edited by bush_cheney2004
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I voted #1 - The advice given by the WHO was so consistently 100% wrong, and so against conventional wisdom/science/basic common sense that it appears that they may have been complicit in intentionally spreading the virus. De-Funding is just the start. This is a criminal investigation, not just an investigation into incompetence.

 

Stopping the spread of the virus by banning international travel is a basic strategy for containment, especially when they knew it was deadly. So many people got covid so fast that it's impossible for H2H not to have been involved, and we should have been ok to err on the side of caution. Masks have been known to slow the spread of viruses for decades. Telling people not to wear masks was 100% wrong and there's no way they shouldn't have known that.

I'm not saying that their massive incompetence is incontrovertible evidence that they are guilty, I'm saying that if their intention was to cause a global pandemic they couldn't have given better advice, hence the possibility of criminal intent is somewhere between good and highly likely. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

This is probably the most energy invested into a MLW forum poll to date.    Well done !

I voted for defunding regardless of Trump, as the WHO needed to be reform many years ago.

Mod will probably move this to the U.S. sandbox.

Crap. I thought it was in the US forum. It should be moved.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a lame poll full of loaded questions but in any case I picked the last question due to the first sentence in the question. The WHO gave all the right advice based on what they knew at the time. There was no shortage of US officials in the WHO at the time who could have blown the whistle immediately if the WHO was with-holding anything or lying. They didn't.

The fact is these officials have blown the whistle on Trump for scapegoating the WHO to cover for his own failures.

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEP9cE-7Axi8zIKlpeVdZFrAqGAgEKg8IACoHCAowjtSUCjC30XQwpo69Bg?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEO6-Hs2yIYiDDTm6ZMraeq4qGAgEKg8IACoHCAowjtSUCjC30XQw_qe5AQ?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, eyeball said:

It's a lame poll full of loaded questions but in any case I picked the last question due to the first sentence in the question. The WHO gave all the right advice based on what they knew at the time. There was no shortage of US officials in the WHO at the time who could have blown the whistle immediately if the WHO was with-holding anything or lying. They didn't.

The fact is these officials have blown the whistle on Trump for scapegoating the WHO to cover for his own failures.

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEP9cE-7Axi8zIKlpeVdZFrAqGAgEKg8IACoHCAowjtSUCjC30XQwpo69Bg?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEO6-Hs2yIYiDDTm6ZMraeq4qGAgEKg8IACoHCAowjtSUCjC30XQw_qe5AQ?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

Stop talking about facts eyeball. It's not your strong suit.

If what you're saying is true, and the links you posted are accurate, and Trump was getting real-time reports from Americans at the WHO who were giving the right advice at the time, then Trump's travel ban was brilliant, because he was miles ahead of the WHO and all the world's most highly-educated virologists and epidemiologists on the topic. 

How is it possible that Trump knew better than all the world's most highly-educated medical professionals? Is he a genius? Is he omniscient? Does he have a time machine? Is medical school just bullshit? 

Can you explain how Trump outsmarted the entire world eyeball? 

Answer for me, how did Trump outsmart the general consensus of all the world's top medical professionals if he's not an absolute genius? 

Do you think that Trump is the greatest leader the world has ever known eyeball? If not, then why are you making the case for him?

Edited by WestCanMan
Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't vote.  I have no reason to believe WHO deliberately withheld or spread misinformation in order to harm people, the economy, Trump or the GOP.  Certainly, they've made mistakes - being a body comprised of humans - but who doesn't?  Certainly not me.  Not to mention, the US was one of the first countries to ban international travel (I don't know if this is true; it's just what's claimed on this forum) but they have among the highest number of cases and the most deaths of any country.  Maybe WHO wasn't actually wrong when they said limiting international travel isn't effective?

Masks are now recommended for some things, but it's a pretty lackadaisical recommendation for most of us - the message seems to be "they may help, so wear it if you are at risk and in public, if you want to".  Only for those actively caring for people at home with Covid are masks strongly recommended, along with gloves, regular disinfection and isolating the patient in a room separate from everyone else.   It sounded to me like they didn't change their stance so much as they decided to validate what people wanted to do anyway.   

In any case, how come if the WHO (mistakenly or even otherwise) says "No reason to limit international travel" or "masks aren't needed", they should be defunded and are "liars" and need to be investigated, but if Trump says "This medicine is an effective treatment for Covid" and it turns out that medicine kills you, he's still a shining God and the people who followed his advice are "stupid"?

Also, reports say that both Trudeau and Trump were given information about this virus by their military intelligence in January and November respectively.  Trudeau has been lambasted on this forum for not acting on it right away by conservatives and Trumpsters, but Trump hasn't been.  Why the double standard, hmm?

Edited by dialamah
spelling
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Stop talking about facts eyeball. It's not your strong suit.

If what you're saying is true, and the links you posted are accurate, and Trump was getting real-time reports from Americans at the WHO who were giving the right advice at the time, then Trump's travel ban was brilliant, because he was miles ahead of the WHO and all the world's most highly-educated virologists and epidemiologists on the topic. 

You're basing this observation on your assumption that the WHO was lying or not telling us everything it knew without any facts whatsoever. No emails, no recording from a secret meeting...nothing.  Nobody has provided any evidence of what you or Trump is saying about the WHO nor have they explained how so many Americans at the WHO could have missed this and immediately blown the whistle on the WHO.

In any case I doubt any there's any expert anywhere who would have advised using the Swiss Cheese interpretation of the word ban that Trump did. 

COVID-19 has been miles ahead of Trump and indeed the world since day one, speaking of which was probably back in November when our foreign intelligence was warning us about a viral outbreak that could be "a cataclysmic event".

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattperez/2020/04/08/report-us-intelligence-officials-warned-about-coronavirus-in-wuhan-in-late-november/#5577c3eca1eb

 

By all means investigate the WHO to your heart's content I'll be more interested into the investigation of why this intelligence wasn't passed on to us so we could have prevented a lot more death and economic dysfunction and a lot sooner.

Edited by eyeball
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Not to mention, the US was one of the first countries to ban international travel (I don't know if this is true; it's just what's claimed on this forum) but they have among the highest number of cases and the most deaths of any country.  Maybe WHO wasn't actually wrong when they said limiting international travel isn't effective?

Maybe they knew the word ban would be a misnomer with the capacity to convey a sense of security that was exponentially at odds with what happened, which of course wasn't a real ban all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, eyeball said:

Maybe they knew the word ban would be a misnomer with the capacity to convey a sense of security that was exponentially at odds with what happened, which of course wasn't a real ban all.

Good point; 'ban' has no doubt become a trigger word to simultaneously reassure and console all the folks, regardless of what's actually happening.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, eyeball said:

COVID-19 has been miles ahead of Trump and indeed the world since day one, speaking of which was probably back in November when our foreign intelligence was warning us about a viral outbreak that could be "a cataclysmic event".

Read what YOU JUST WROTE THERE, YOURSELF! Those words came out of your own brain but somehow you manage to fail to grasp the significance of them entirely.

VIRAL OUTBREAK. CATACLYSMIC EVENT. BANNING INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL IS WRONG! Wait, wtf? Banning travel is wrong? WHO the fuck came up with that nugget of brilliance? 

AND HOW COULD THE POTENTIAL OF A CATACLYSMIC VIRAL OUTBREAK EVENT EXIST IF WE COULD ONLY GET IT BY GOING TO CHINESE WET MARKETS AND HANDLING FUCKING BATS! WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME THAT ANYONE YOU KNOW DID THAT? HOW COULD ANYONE SAY THAT THE POTENTIAL OF A PANDEMIC EXISTED WITHOUT H2H TRANSMISSION? DO I NEED TO RUN THIS FUCKIN PLANET MYSELF??!!??!!??!! 

Potential of cataclysmic viral outbreak means one thing - it's highly communicable. PERIOD. It means that you need to take all precautions, including the MOST OBVIOUS ONES, period.

Of course you think that the virus was smarter than the planet, because it outsmarted you and your beloved PM apparently. You 2 don't even understand this with the benefit of hindsight. 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, dialamah said:

I didn't vote.  I have no reason to believe WHO deliberately withheld or spread misinformation in order to harm people, the economy, Trump or the GOP.  Certainly, they've made mistakes - being a body comprised of humans - but who doesn't?  Certainly not me.  Not to mention, the US was one of the first countries to ban international travel (I don't know if this is true; it's just what's claimed on this forum) but they have among the highest number of cases and the most deaths of any country.  Maybe WHO wasn't actually wrong when they said limiting international travel isn't effective?

Masks are now recommended for some things, but it's a pretty lackadaisical recommendation for most of us - the message seems to be "they may help, so wear it if you are at risk and in public, if you want to".  Only for those actively caring for people at home with Covid are masks strongly recommended, along with gloves, regular disinfection and isolating the patient in a room separate from everyone else.   It sounded to me like they didn't change their stance so much as they decided to validate what people wanted to do anyway.   

In any case, how come if the WHO (mistakenly or even otherwise) says "No reason to limit international travel" or "masks aren't needed", they should be defunded and are "liars" and need to be investigated, but if Trump says "This medicine is an effective treatment for Covid" and it turns out that medicine kills you, he's still a shining God and the people who followed his advise are "stupid"?

Also, reports say that both Trudeau and Trump were given information about this virus by their military intelligence in January and November respectively.  Trudeau has been lambasted on this forum for not acting on it right away by conservatives and Trumpsters, but Trump hasn't been.  Why the double standard, hmm?

OMG, if you just thought about this you wouldn't have any questions.

The WHO knew that there was a possibility of cataclysmic viral outbreak and they somehow figured that not taking any precautions was the best route. They even spoke out against basic things like wearing masks and eliminating international travel.

Why don't we have international travel now dialamah? What do we know now that we didn't know back when the WHO first thought that this had the possibility to be a CATACLYSMIC VRAL OUTBREAK? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

10 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Potential of cataclysmic viral outbreak means one thing - it's highly communicable. PERIOD. It means that you need to take all precautions, including the MOST OBVIOUS ONES, period.

So why wasn't this intelligence acted on then? Answer that as well as how all the Americans at the WHO fell asleep at the switch when the WHO was helping to spread this virus and yes you'll have my vote run the planet yourself.

Edited by eyeball
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, eyeball said:

 

So why wasn't this intelligence acted on then? Answer that as well as how all the Americans at the WHO were asleep at the switch when the WHO was helping to spread this virus and yes you'll have my vote run the planet yourself.

 

It was acted on...Trump defunded the WHO.

Maybe Canada wants to be the #1 donor...Trudeau could use the brownie points to get that coveted UNSC seat.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Good point; 'ban' has no doubt become a trigger word to simultaneously reassure and console all the folks, regardless of what's actually happening.

It didn't take long to trigger the string and post-it note explanations. I notice these even loop back and forth thru time now. I wouldn't doubt if they weave back and forth thru WCM's ears a couple times. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

It was acted on...Trump defunded the WHO.

Probably to punish the WHO for letting his officials fall asleep at the switch.

Seriously though, how do you explain so many Americans missing all the WHO's lying and complicity with China when they were right there in the middle of the WHO right from the very beginning? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Good point; 'ban' has no doubt become a trigger word to simultaneously reassure and console all the folks, regardless of what's actually happening.

That’s purely idiotic and you know it. 

Is it a “racist travel ban” to quarantine sick people?
 

Is quarantine “a trigger word to simultaneously reassure and console all the folks, regardless of what's actually happening“? Or does it make sense to stop sick people from roaming ariund and infecting other people?

Do you see what it looks like when someone else uses your idiotic logic in a nearly-identical context?

This is how our opinion of you is being formed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Probably to punish the WHO for letting his officials fall asleep at the switch.

Seriously though, how do you explain so many Americans missing all the WHO's lying and complicity with China when they were right there in the middle of the WHO right from the very beginning? 

 

It wasn't missed...the WHO has been under fire for mismanagement and bias long before this pandemic or Trump.

Trump is being very consistent in defunding the WHO as another UN/globalist organization that has been bleeding money from U.S. taxpayers....#1 donor.   Gates Foundation was #2.    Canada is way down the list.

Maybe Trump will restore WHO funding to appease his critics....$1.00 per year.

Edited by bush_cheney2004
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, eyeball said:

 

So why wasn't this intelligence acted on then? Answer that as well as how all the Americans at the WHO fell asleep at the switch when the WHO was helping to spread this virus and yes you'll have my vote run the planet yourself.

Ummmm, why didn’t they give advice which was based on this intelligence is the question that you should be asking, isn’t it?

Did you ever say to your family, “I smell smoke, and there’s a lot of heat coming up from the basement. Don’t go outside like some dumb, orange racist, just head on up to bed. We’ll see what’s happening later this week.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

The WHO knew that there was a possibility of cataclysmic viral outbreak and they somehow figured that not taking any precautions was the best route. They even spoke out against basic things like wearing masks and eliminating international travel.

Since Trump is 'so much smarter', why hasn't he mandated masks in the US?  And why didn't his travel 'ban' work to keep the US from becoming the country with the most covid deaths?   

And why didn't Trump do more, way before March 11 - the day WHO declared a pandemic?  After all, he said - on March 17 that  "This is a pandemic. I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic"; if he knew, why didn't he do more?  You want to ask the tough questions about WHO, maybe also ask the same tough questions about Trump.

But I know you can explain all this away, WCM; you can blame China, or WHO or the Democrats.  You can hold everybody to a much higher standard than you'll hold  Trump, because what else can you do when you realize your emperor has no clothes and has feet of clay?

Edited by dialamah
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

It wasn't missed...the WHO has been under fire for mismanagement and bias long before this pandemic or Trump.

All the more reason to believe Americans in the WHO should have been on the look out for lying and complicity, especially in the face of something so potentially cataclysmic with their partners in China.

If they didn't miss all this lying and complicity then where's the evidence? Email's...recordings from secret meetings..Colin Powell wasn't available to draw cartoons or something?

Edited by eyeball
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, eyeball said:

All the more reason to believe Americans in the WHO should have been on the look out for lying and complicity, especially in the face of something so potentially cataclysmic with their partners in China.

If they didn't miss it where's the evidence? Email's...recordings from secret meetings..Colin Powell wasn't available to draw cartoons or something?

 

How do you know they weren't ?    You don't....you are just guessing.

Trump has defunded WHO and doesn't give a damn what Canada or the world thinks about it.    His base probably loves it....screw the globalists.

Has Canada offered to make up for all the U.S. donations ?    Nope.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dialamah said:

Since Trump is 'so much smarter', why hasn't he mandated masks in the US?  And why didn't his travel 'ban' work to keep the US from becoming the country with the most covid deaths?   

And why didn't Trump do more, way before March 11 - the day WHO declared a pandemic?  After all, he said - on March 17 that  "This is a pandemic. I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic"; if he knew, why didn't he do more?  You want to ask the tough questions about WHO, maybe also ask the same tough questions about Trump.

But I know you can explain all this away, WCM; you can blame China, or WHO or the Democrats.  You can hold everybody to a much higher standard than you'll hold  Trump, because what else can you do when you realize your emperor has no clothes and has feet of clay?

Why are you claiming that Trump should be so far ahead of the WHO and his own medical advisors? 
Why do you act like Trudeau did better than Trump, when Trump was so many steps ahead of Trudeau and the WHO?

Those are questions that you REALLY BEED TO BE ABLE TO ANSWER if you want to be taken seriously. 
 

I don’t need to answer to why Trump didn’t do everything perfectly when he was getting bad advice, that’s just stupid, isn’t it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Ummmm, why didn’t they give advice which was based on this intelligence is the question that you should be asking, isn’t it?

Ummmm, eventually sure, but first of all you have to recognize the intelligence.

In the meantime I notice you're still ignored my other question. This must be the 3rd or 4th thread in which you've run away from it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

I'm avoiding the question because I don't like it.

How did so many American officials at the WHO miss all the lying and spreading of misinformation the WHO is being accused of?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • Tell a friend

    Love Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...