Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums

Was Trump Right to De-Fund the WHO, Pending the Results of an Investigation?


Was Trump Right to De-Fund the WHO, Pending the Results of an Investigation?   

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't be a wimp. After you vote, tell us how you voted, and why.

This is probably the most energy invested into a MLW forum poll to date.    Well done ! I voted for defunding regardless of Trump, as the WHO needed to be reformed many years ago. Mod will p

Read what YOU JUST WROTE THERE, YOURSELF! Those words came out of your own brain but somehow you manage to fail to grasp the significance of them entirely. VIRAL OUTBREAK. CATACLYSMIC EVENT. BANN

Just now, WestCanMan said:

Why are you claiming that Trump should be so far ahead of the WHO and his own medical advisors? 

I didn't claim that - that's what Trump claimed - I quoted it for you.   Perhaps you need to get your eyes checked, so you don't miss entire words in a post.

1 minute ago, WestCanMan said:

Why do you act like Trudeau did better than Trump,

Trudeau could have done better; on the other hand, he's been a lot less flakey and weird than Trump and that's a plus in my book.

3 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Trump was so many steps ahead of Trudeau and the WHO?

If he was so many steps ahead of WHO (and everybody else), I'd say it was in his mind - and somehow he beamed it into your mind, because evidence demonstrates otherwise.  He failed to implement a travel ban, other than a limited one from China; he failed to prepare with masks/respirators in advance, or PPE for medical workers; he failed to call for or support any kind of social distancing restrictions.   You've hung your admiration on a SINGLE PARTIAL BAN for travel from China, and decided this is proof.  It's pretty bizarre.

8 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I don’t need to answer to why Trump didn’t do everything perfectly when he was getting bad advice, that’s just stupid, isn’t it?

So, you are simultaneously claiming that Trump knew way before anyone else, prepared better than anyone else and also that he didn't because he 'listened to advice'?

OH, so twisty.  LOL   

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

I told you, I'm avoiding the question because I don't like it.

How did so many American officials at the WHO know of all the lying and spreading of misinformation the WHO is being accused of?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, eyeball said:

How did so many American officials at the WHO know of all the obvious lying and spreading of misinformation the WHO is being accused of?

 

It was easy to see...for years.

Trump took care of that....no more sucker money.

Screw the globalists....again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dialamah said:

So, you are simultaneously claiming that Trump knew way before anyone else, prepared better than anyone else and also that he didn't because he 'listened to advice'?

OH, so twisty.  LOL   

Like string from his nostril to his ear and out his mouth then back to loop around the Big Board.

Soon he'll be pointing to strings coming out his ass that lead to quid pro quo Joe before looping back towards Trudeau and AOC then back up his nose.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

I told you, I'm avoiding the question because I don't like it. (I sure hope Shady shows up soon and tells me what to say).

How did so many American officials at the WHO know of all the lying and spreading of misinformation the WHO is being accused of?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, eyeball said:

How did so many American officials at the WHO know of all the obvious and purposeful lying and willful spreading of misinformation the WHO is being accused of?

 

Easy...it was clear as day....for years.

Your turn....and...screw the globalists

Edited by bush_cheney2004
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Fuck off! I'm not answering that!

How did so many American officials at the WHO know of all the obvious and purposeful lying and willful spreading of misinformation the WHO is being accused of?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, eyeball said:

How did all the American officials at the WHO know of all the obvious and purposeful lying and willful spreading of misinformation the WHO is being accused of?

 

Easy to see...even their dogs knew it.    They were amazed at the bobo Canadian doctor on the team who refused to answer COVID questions about Taiwan.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

Easy to see...even their dogs knew it.    They were amazed at the bobo Canadian doctor on the team who refused to answer COVID questions about Taiwan.

So what great alternative to the WHO is there for managing the pandemic internationally, especially in developing countries that, if left unsupported, will likely keep the spread alive for years to come?   Are we to count on recommendations of disinfectant injections from the Church of What’s Happenin’ Now?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

So what great alternative to the WHO is there for managing the pandemic internationally, especially in developing countries that, if left unsupported, will likely keep the spread alive for years to come?   Are we to count on recommendations of disinfectant injections from the Church of What’s Happenin’ Now?

So this doesn't do it for you either?

Ambitiously Creative : The Crazy Wall (9/9/15)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

So what great alternative to the WHO is there for managing the pandemic internationally, especially in developing countries that, if left unsupported, will likely keep the spread alive for years to come?   Are we to count on recommendations of disinfectant injections from the Church of What’s Happenin’ Now?

 

No, and you can no longer count on copious amounts of U.S. donations either.   How well has the WHO "managed" COVID19 to date ?

The WHO is flawed and corrupt, and needs to be reformed or replaced.  

If you believe in the WHO so much, please urge your own government to pony up much more money.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

No, and you can no longer count on copious amounts of U.S. donations either.   How well has the WHO "managed" COVID19 to date ?

The WHO is flawed and corrupt, and needs to be reformed or replaced.  

If you believe in the WHO so much, please urge your own government to pony up much more money.

Canada pays her fair share. Yes we will probably continue to pony up and trust the WHO over US federal health authorities to manage the crisis internationally.  If the Yanks want to start a rival AWHO, we can compare the international impacts of each organization and decide which organization to fund going forward.   

Edited by Zeitgeist
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

No, and you can no longer count on copious amounts of U.S. donations either. 

I'm sure we'll struggle through without the bully in the room.

9 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

How well has the WHO "managed" COVID19 to date ?

Better than Trump, that's for sure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Canada pays her fair share. Yes we will probably continue to pony up and trust the WHO over US federal health authorities to manage the crisis internationally.  If the Yanks want to start a rival AWHO, we can compare the international impacts of each organization and decide which organization to fund going forward.   

 

Canada pays far less...which it always calls "fair share".  

Why would Canada ever trust US feds beyond the usual and numerous references to the CDC, FDA, Johns Hopkins, etc. ?

Do as you please...I know Trump sure will.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Then why are people bitching so much about Trump defunding the WHO ?

Hate America...love America's money.

Why do you use "America's money" to beat people up with?   Trump acts like the playground bully (and you stand right behind him) - "Be nice to me, or I'll leave and take all my toys!"  He's making the world a worse place, just like all the worst rulers in history have.  But we humans struggle on, just as we always do after dictators, despots and just stupid, cruel and narcissistic leaders have had their time in the sun.  Trudeau may be flakey and  ineffectual in many ways, but he's not actively making the world worse for millions or even billions of people.    

Edited by dialamah
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

Canada pays far less...which it always calls "fair share".  

Why would Canada ever trust US feds beyond the usual and numerous references to the CDC, FDA, Johns Hopkins, etc. ?

Do as you please...I know Trump sure will.

 

Trump’s solution to handling a world pandemic is to defund the organization best equipped to deal with it.  Thankfully most universities, including American ones, oppose such a stupid move, but no doubt certain people will follow the recommendations of an ill-informed leader with superstitious fervour, injecting hydroxychloroquine or following other untested hunches.  Stranger than fiction yet increasingly normal in American federal leadership.  Thankfully we can make our own choices.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Why do you use "America's money" to beat people up with?   Trump acts like the playground bully (and you stand right behind him) - "Be nice to me, or I'll leave and take all my toys!"  He's making the world a worse place, just like all the worst rulers in history have.  But we humans struggle on, just as we always do after dictators, despots and just stupid, cruel and narcissistic leaders have had their time in the sun.  Trudeau may be flakey and  ineffectual in many ways, but he's not actively making the world worse for millions or even billions of people.    

 

Trump is doing exactly what he said he would do....starve the globalists.   

Trudeau is only a sideshow, with far less impact.    Trump matters more than Trudeau.

Hate America....love America's money.....why ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Trump’s solution to handling a world pandemic is to defund the organization best equipped to deal with it.  Thankfully most universities, including American ones, oppose such a stupid move, but no doubt certain people will follow the recommendations of an ill-informed leader with superstitious fervour, injecting hydroxychloroquine or following other untested hunches.  Stranger than fiction yet increasingly normal in American federal leadership.  Thankfully we can make our own choices.

 

 

Actually, clinical trials are underway for HCQ in combination with other antivirals at American and other universities around the world.

Please make your own choices....and spend less time worrying so much about America's choices.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eyeball said:

Ummmm, eventually sure, but first of all you have to recognize the intelligence.

In the meantime I notice you're still ignored my other question. This must be the 3rd or 4th thread in which you've run away from it.

I don't "run away" from anything you post. I just destroy the main thrust of your arguments and poke a bit of fun at the dumbest parts. 

What exquisite bit of your commentary did you think went unnoticed? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WestCanMan said:

I don't "run away" from anything you post. I just destroy the main thrust of your arguments and poke a bit of fun at the dumbest parts. 

What exquisite bit of your commentary did you think went unnoticed? 

The same question you're still running away from.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dialamah said:

I didn't claim that - that's what Trump claimed - I quoted it for you.   Perhaps you need to get your eyes checked, so you don't miss entire words in a post.

Trudeau could have done better; on the other hand, he's been a lot less flakey and weird than Trump and that's a plus in my book.

If he was so many steps ahead of WHO (and everybody else), I'd say it was in his mind - and somehow he beamed it into your mind, because evidence demonstrates otherwise.  He failed to implement a travel ban, other than a limited one from China; he failed to prepare with masks/respirators in advance, or PPE for medical workers; he failed to call for or support any kind of social distancing restrictions.   You've hung your admiration on a SINGLE PARTIAL BAN for travel from China, and decided this is proof.  It's pretty bizarre.

So, you are simultaneously claiming that Trump knew way before anyone else, prepared better than anyone else and also that he didn't because he 'listened to advice'?

OH, so twisty.  LOL   

You're just throwing stupid random crap against the wall to make it look like you're still in the game.

Trudeau could have done SOMETHING. He could have done ANYTHING before March 16th and it would have been an improvement. Doing NOTHING isn't good enough in the face of a pandemic. It's really not.

The virus was only in China when he did the ban. The reason it didn't work is because China let their infected Wuhan citizens fly to other parts of the world after he had already stopped them from travelling within China. If travel bans are useless, then why do we have travel bans in place dialamah? Obviously after March 16th, when our country was already rife with the virus, it wa pretty useless, right? 

Trump's actions were ahead of the advice of the WHO and medical experts, get it? That's a fact. 

Trudeau's actions were all a step behind, do you get that? It's a fact. I can provide the links if you still don't have a clue what's going on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

Actually, clinical trials are underway for HCQ in combination with other antivirals at American and other universities around the world.

Please make your own choices....and spend less time worrying so much about America's choices.

 

Yes, effective treatment, health policy, and the vaccine should be a major international focus.  Keep eyes on the prize.  

I don’t worry about America’s choices until they undermine good international policy.  Trump can be himself and protect his standing if he knows when to shut up and get out of the way, if his success is your concern.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • Tell a friend

    Love Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...