Political Discussion Forums

China stole the West's PPE while lying about virus

So even while they lied about there being person to person transmission of the virus, China was putting the word out overseas to its agents, including the "united front" members in Canada who are Canadian citizens, telling them to grab all the masks they could and ship them 'home to the motherland'. And they complied. More than two BILLION masks were shipped to China by eager and loyal members of the Chinese diaspora in Canada, the US, Australia and Europe. Then, when the West tried to order masks China upped the price fivefold and blackmailed Western governments by giving preferential treatment in ordering to governments which towed the Chinese party line. Except ours, of course, because they're still pissed about their princess Meng being stuck here.

How many members of the Chinese diaspora are loyal to China? We've been seeing warnings from CSIS for years about Chinese agents being involved in threatening and blackmailing Chinese-Canadians into doing their bidding and not talking against China. And we've done nothing. We've seen CSIS warnings that almost all Chinese language media in Canada are now controlled by China and yet we've taken no action against what is clearly a burgeoning threat to Canada's security and sovereignty.

Manthorpe says a particularly troubling aspect of the United Front’s mass mobilization of Chinese immigrants for the collection of PPE is the Chinese Communist Party’s “ability to exert discipline and to demand patriotic loyalty.”

“To me, it is utterly unconscionable that here are Canadians who are being intimidated and pressured in their own country by foreign agents,” Manthorpe said. “These are assaults on our sovereignty, and they are assaults on our national interest. And they are assaults on our citizens. We should not allow that.”

While United Front actors have been on CSIS’s radar since 1998, Manthorpe says, networks are growing rapidly in Canada under Xi’s regime.

And the current threat level was encapsulated in a 2018 CSIS report that says: “The CCP’s United Front activities incorporate co-opting elites, information management, persuasion, as well as accessing strategic information and resources. It has also frequently been a means of facilitating espionage.”

https://globalnews.ca/news/6858818/coronavirus-china-united-front-canada-protective-equipment-shortage/

Edited by Argus
  • Like 2
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Because China is in the topic title? We can get into other nations for sure, but it appears the largest threat we face on this matter would be from China. If you want to slap your tinfoil hat on, ther

So even while they lied about there being person to person transmission of the virus, China was putting the word out overseas to its agents, including the "united front" members in Canada who are Cana

It’s really disgusting what the west allows China to get away with.  I’m hoping that the only positive thing to come out of this pandemic is a rethinking of our China policies.  Because China is not a

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Argus said:

So even while they lied about there being person to person transmission of the virus, China was putting the word out overseas to its agents, including the "united front" members in Canada who are Canadian citizens, telling them to grab all the masks they could and ship them 'home to the motherland'. And they complied. More than two BILLION masks were shipped to China by eager and loyal members of the Chinese diaspora in Canada, the US, Australia and Europe. Then, when the West tried to order masks China upped the price fivefold and blackmailed Western governments by giving preferential treatment in ordering to governments which towed the Chinese party line. Except ours, of course, because they're still pissed about their princess Meng being stuck here.

How many members of the Chinese diaspora are loyal to China? We've been seeing warnings from CSIS for years about Chinese agents being involved in threatening and blackmailing Chinese-Canadians into doing their bidding and not talking against China. And we've done nothing. We've seen CSIS warnings that almost all Chinese language media in Canada are now controlled by China and yet we've taken no action against what is clearly a burgeoning threat to Canada's security and sovereignty.

Manthorpe says a particularly troubling aspect of the United Front’s mass mobilization of Chinese immigrants for the collection of PPE is the Chinese Communist Party’s “ability to exert discipline and to demand patriotic loyalty.”

“To me, it is utterly unconscionable that here are Canadians who are being intimidated and pressured in their own country by foreign agents,” Manthorpe said. “These are assaults on our sovereignty, and they are assaults on our national interest. And they are assaults on our citizens. We should not allow that.”

While United Front actors have been on CSIS’s radar since 1998, Manthorpe says, networks are growing rapidly in Canada under Xi’s regime.

And the current threat level was encapsulated in a 2018 CSIS report that says: “The CCP’s United Front activities incorporate co-opting elites, information management, persuasion, as well as accessing strategic information and resources. It has also frequently been a means of facilitating espionage.”

https://globalnews.ca/news/6858818/coronavirus-china-united-front-canada-protective-equipment-shortage/

[email protected] China!

image.thumb.png.067bc47c7908644e9732a07018c2eb8f.png

It’s really disgusting what the west allows China to get away with.  I’m hoping that the only positive thing to come out of this pandemic is a rethinking of our China policies.  Because China is not a force for good.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, ProudConservative said:

The people have had enough...

Maybe some people have, but not the Canadian government and not the CBC. All pro-CPC propaganda, all the time.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Maybe some people have, but not the Canadian government and not the CBC. All pro-CPC propaganda, all the time.

The people have had enough... Conservative, Liberal, independent.... Black, White, Indian... even these Chinese themselves. There is nothing the CBC can do to subvert the will of a united Canada, who now hates China. The flood gates are breaking.... China's golden years are about to come to an end.

I'm actually feeling optomistic for a change.

Edited by ProudConservative
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Argus said:

This story is really quite disturbing.  We have rats living amongst us.  I'm not surprised though, this is exactly what I've been talking about.

This may be a reason why the Chinese gov lied about the virus.  It gave them a chance to grab worldwide stock of PPE while other countries didn't see the threat as bad as it actually was, thus didn't secure their own stock.  Our government looks like fools sending them PPE in Feb.

This is also one of the reasons why I don't believe in dual citizenship.  When sh!t hits the fan, Canadians should be loyal only to Canada by law and oath.  The United Front of China should be eliminated from within Canada.

China can't be allowed to get away with this.  There needs to be repercussions for their actions which have cost many countries more lives and endangered many more.  I'm quite willing to suffer financial hardship for Canada to move business away from China.  I'd consider it my patriotic duty.

Edited by Moonlight Graham
28 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

This story is really quite disturbing.  We have rats living amongst us.  I'm not surprised though, this is exactly what I've been talking about.

This may be a reason why the Chinese gov lied about the virus.  It gave them a chance to grab worldwide stock of PPE while other countries didn't see the threat as bad as it actually was, thus didn't secure their own stock.  Our government looks like fools sending them PPE in Feb.

This is also one of the reasons why I don't believe in dual citizenship.  When sh!t hits the fan, Canadians should be loyal only to Canada by law and oath.  The United Front of China should be eliminated from within Canada.

China can't be allowed to get away with this.  There needs to be repercussions for their actions which have cost many countries more lives and endangered many more.  I'm quite willing to suffer financial hardship for Canada to move business away from China.  I'd consider it my patriotic duty.

What if Beijing ordered their gangs to confiscate PPE, to make the western nations more subceptable to their own bioweapon? Maybe China isn't lying about their own deaths. Maybe China created something that targets Caucasians... Why are there so few deaths in Africa and India... Countries that have terrible sanitory conditions? China could produce PPE on a dime... There would be no need to piss off the world, by grabing all their PPE. The only reason you would do that, would be to add insult to insury... So the western nations could become more infected. It's surprizing how China closed Wuhan... but allowed fights to leave Wuhan, so this could spread to the rest of the war. I would like to see a study on how many Chinese Canadians get seriously sick from the virus. I bet it's disporpotunely low, in comparision to their population. We could look at recent immigrants too... for a more accurate picture. My guess is they infected their own citizens first, so no one would suspect them of doing deliberate biological warfare.

It looks like China has taken debt trap diplomacy to a whole new level.

Like I said... Read every label on everything you buy... If it say's made in China, boycott it, unless you can't find a similar product made in another country. I still need some electronic parts, I can't find anywhere else.... but I'll make sure hundreds of my dollars go to countries outside China. China's day's are numbered.

When you go to a store... Ask them if they sell anything that's no made in China, and then go buy it to make a point. Post an image with a tag on twitter... use hashtag #NotFromChina

41 minutes ago, ProudConservative said:

What if Beijing ordered their gangs to confiscate PPE, to make the western nations more subceptable to their own bioweapon? Maybe China isn't lying about their own deaths. Maybe China created something that targets Caucasians... Why are there so few deaths in Africa and India... Countries that have terrible sanitory conditions? China could produce PPE on a dime... There would be no need to piss off the world, by grabing all their PPE. The only reason you would do that, would be to add insult to insury... So the western nations could become more infected. It's surprizing how China closed Wuhan... but allowed fights to leave Wuhan, so this could spread to the rest of the war. I would like to see a study on how many Chinese Canadians get seriously sick from the virus. I bet it's disporpotunely low, in comparision to their population. We could look at recent immigrants too... for a more accurate picture. My guess is they infected their own citizens first, so no one would suspect them of doing deliberate biological warfare.

It looks like China has taken debt trap diplomacy to a whole new level.

I just don't think the virus outbreak was intentional.  There's no motive that makes sense.

8 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

I just don't think the virus outbreak was intentional.  There's no motive that makes sense.

It could be it leaked out of the lab, and once it leaked out... They decided to make their big move. Why did china send 1 million fauly masks to Canada, and then send empty planes back to Canada? Maybe the CCP is a bunch of psycopaths that don't think rationally like you and me.

12 hours ago, ProudConservative said:

It could be it leaked out of the lab, and once it leaked out... They decided to make their big move. Why did china send 1 million fauly masks to Canada, and then send empty planes back to Canada? Maybe the CCP is a bunch of psycopaths that don't think rationally like you and me.

I think they have bad intentions, but i don't think they're crazy.  They want what is best for China.  Destroying their own economy and that of their business partners makes no rational sense for them.  This is hurting us as much as it's hurting them.  It's probably hurting them even more.

IMO the most likely scenario is that this was leaked by accident from their disease lab in Wuhan.

14 hours ago, ProudConservative said:

We need to ban all Chinese immegration. Yes some of them are good, but China has a tendency produce degenerate scumbags... and we can't weed them out... We got enough Chinese people here as it is... We don't need to add to the problem.

That's unprovable and in fact racist.  If you can show me the 'character detector machine' that you wave over the immigrant's head to determine their value as a human being then I would buy it in a second.

18 hours ago, Argus said:

How many members of the Chinese diaspora are loyal to China?

Probably a lot fewer than Argus implies if the level of extortion and intimidation mentioned in the above is as prevalent as reported.

No discussion about the failings of Chinese society due to it's misgovernance by a dictator should occur without first halting in its tracks a unthinkingly broad definition of the problem if its going to include the term disgust.

15 hours ago, Shady said:

It’s really disgusting what the west allows China to get away with.  I’m hoping that the only positive thing to come out of this pandemic is a rethinking of our China policies.  Because China is not a force for good.

Disgust for a dictator? Absolutely. Disgust for the country or the people under that dictator? Absolutely not.

And lest we forget, the many times in the past we've been reminded that the west allows China to get away with so much due to our demands as both consumers, voters and shareholders of companies that relocated to China. This is what we bought when we were sold on it.  Arguments were often met with disdain and written off with graphs and studies and analyses that depicted us as unproductive and unwilling to work hard. People were told to stop complaining and compete harder by rolling up their sleeves accepting less pay and benefits and oh yeah, get rid of all their regulations especially as many that protect the environment as possible.

How many Canadians are still loyal to all that?  

Edited by eyeball
14 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

We have rats living amongst us.

'Every overseas Chinese is a warrior’

You do realize you're including my grand-kids when you spew this shit right?

You fricken' people are no better than Jinping. 

• Confused 1
1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

That's unprovable and in fact racist.  If you can show me the 'character detector machine' that you wave over the immigrant's head to determine their value as a human being then I would buy it in a second.

Canada took in 30,000 Chinese last year. Given China is a police state no real background checks were possible using the means Canada does (ie, consulting local police for criminal records, verifying university transcripts, checking his employers). Without greatly increasing the budget and manpower for CIC to do in-person background checks on potential immigrants we are allowing in the equivalent of ten regiments of Chinese soldiers into Canada each year and know almost nothing about any of them.

We know that some, clearly, retain their loyalty to China, a hostile foreign power. We know some others are spies, either because they were sent here as spies or because Chinese agents might order them to operate on their behalf with threats to their family back home. We know from CSIS that China is doing its best to influence these people, that it controls most Chinese language media here and has its claws, if not outright control into Chinese community associations as well as Chinese-Canadian businessmen who operate both here and in China (and thus have to obey).

So yes, without very careful validation of who these people are we ought to stop immigration from China. It is growing more hostile by the year, and rapidly turning into an enemy of Canada's and the West.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Argus said:

Canada took in 30,000 Chinese last year. Given China is a police state no real background checks were possible using the means Canada does (ie, consulting local police for criminal records, verifying university transcripts, checking his employers). Without greatly increasing the budget and manpower for CIC to do in-person background checks on potential immigrants we are allowing in the equivalent of ten regiments of Chinese soldiers into Canada each year and know almost nothing about any of them.

We know that some, clearly, retain their loyalty to China, a hostile foreign power. We know some others are spies, either because they were sent here as spies or because Chinese agents might order them to operate on their behalf with threats to their family back home. We know from CSIS that China is doing its best to influence these people, that it controls most Chinese language media here and has its claws, if not outright control into Chinese community associations as well as Chinese-Canadian businessmen who operate both here and in China (and thus have to obey).

So yes, without very careful validation of who these people are we ought to stop immigration from China. It is growing more hostile by the year, and rapidly turning into an enemy of Canada's and the West.

Exactly.  What they like to do is send people to infiltrate research facilities, in the west, as students or professors, so they can obtain and steal information they can then send back to the Chinese regime.

18 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

We already know that the government does not have the balls to stand up to china, so nothing is going to change on that front....that leaves the citizens, they control what they buy and don't buy...stop buying that cheap Chinese shit and buy local made stuff....I get it china makes almost everything, but even a reduction is sending a message....

I hope that other MP's are taking notes on just vulnerable we have become in this global network.. Medical PPE is one, medications is another, but we have been having issues for over 10 years now, and we still have not addressed it. Today there is a massive shortage, patients are only allowed to draw a monthly supply vice 90 days supply thats nation wide....thats a red flag...

Perhaps we should also look at foreign investment and what does the Chinese government actually own, Australia is doing so now and they are shocked at the level they own , well over 60% of all Australia resources are Chinese owned...

4 hours ago, eyeball said:

You do realize you're including my grand-kids when you spew this shit right?

You fricken' people are no better than Jinping. 

Are you saying these reports are false, that china does not have agents in Canada, or that main land china still has controls over some of Canadian Chinese families...or are you saying these are not the droids you are looking for...