Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
WestCanMan

Trump's Speech at Honeywell Today

Recommended Posts

Trump just rocked his speech today at Honeywell. https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/05/watch-live-trump-speaks-at-honeywell-mask-production-facility.html

It would be nice to have a PM like that who honestly gives a rip about our economy and our future, instead of killing off entire sectors of our economy and telling us hw much better everyone else is than us. 

This theme that Trump was on today, about bringing manufacturing back to America, is right in line with his campaign speeches from 2016, and it's exponentially more important now than it was back then. 

The Dems' only chance is to somehow get him impeached because they have no one to match him right now. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is exactly what President Trump needs to be doing for the crisis at hand and politics to follow.   America cannot sit on its ass for another year feeling sorry for itself and cowering at home.   Those who want to stay in their basements can still do so....like Joe Biden.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

I sincerely hope the move to get back to work goes well and that future spikes don’t put people back into lockdown.  

By now it's clear they shouldn't need to. The Swedish model.
(No, I don't mean Inga mit der gigantic busen-halter...)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

US Support for Social Distancing is actually quite high. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/04/19/coroinavirus-polls-majority-support-social-distancing/5162668002/

Quote

An NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll published Sunday found that 58% of voters said they were concerned the measures might be lifted too soon, risking a second wave of outbreaks, compared with 32% who were more concerned the measures would stay in place, risking further economic hardship. 

Social Distancing has a higher approval rating than Trump. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

are there still people who believe that a manufacturing sector that employs millions of people is even possible in a 21st century country like the US?

i think we're talking about facilities that are manned with robots as machines are the only thing capable of competing with $2/day Chinese labor.

no, the days of good paying manufacturing jobs are over in places like the US and Canada. success is now with up the ladder jobs that require more than a high school education. and this is where the US really sucks because few people have affordable access to such education. education is a privatized machine in the US.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, godzilla said:

are there still people who believe that a manufacturing sector that employs millions of people is even possible in a 21st century country like the US?

 

Yes...because millions of people are still employed in U.S. manufacturing....in the 21st century.

 

20181020_USC594.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, godzilla said:

are there still people who believe that a manufacturing sector that employs millions of people is even possible in a 21st century country like the US?

i think we're talking about facilities that are manned with robots as machines are the only thing capable of competing with $2/day Chinese labor.

no, the days of good paying manufacturing jobs are over in places like the US and Canada. success is now with up the ladder jobs that require more than a high school education. and this is where the US really sucks because few people have affordable access to such education. education is a privatized machine in the US.

That's not entirely true. There are still many people employed in the manufacturing sector in North America. 

North Americans just don't make cheap consumer products anymore.

https://www.randstad.ca/job-seeker/career-resources/working-in-canada/statistics-about-industrial-jobs-in-canada-that-you-should-be-aware-of/

For higher end products. It's actually a good marketing tool to highlight "Made in Canada" or "Made in the USA". 

Manufacturing jobs, of any kind, were maintained as Essential Jobs throughout this whole thing. 

Edited by Boges

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

Yes...because millions of people are still employed in U.S. manufacturing....in the 21st century.

 

20181020_USC594.png

note the "%as non-farm employment". that means the US has kept the number of manufacturing jobs fairly consistent but as the population has ballooned then manufacturing jobs have not kept pace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, godzilla said:

note the "%as non-farm employment". that means the US has kept the number of manufacturing jobs fairly consistent but as the population has ballooned then manufacturing jobs have not kept pace.

 

Sure, but your post above is simply not accurate.   The total U.S. "non-farm" labour segment has grown because of growth in services and intellectual property, regardless of manufacturing.   The U.S. remains the world's #2 leading manufacturing nation:

https://assets.weforum.org/editor/responsive_large_webp_zGrs-VV2dq1PeMzWyyH3qp8Buxvyo2yY7YB3KqjBCy0.webp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, godzilla said:

note the "%as non-farm employment". that means the US has kept the number of manufacturing jobs fairly consistent but as the population has ballooned then manufacturing jobs have not kept pace.

I can see that your nonsense post was just KO'd by b_c2004, here?

Edited by Tdot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2020 at 9:46 PM, bush_cheney2004 said:

This is exactly what President Trump needs to be doing for the crisis at hand and politics to follow.   America cannot sit on its ass for another year feeling sorry for itself and cowering at home.   Those who want to stay in their basements can still do so....like Joe Biden.

Biden is an amateur basement-squatter, he just reminded us how crazy people get when they're cooped-up. Trudeau was an underground authoritarian for over a month. He was like Hitler running the show from his bunker in Berlin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2020 at 8:10 AM, Boges said:

US Support for Social Distancing is actually quite high. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/04/19/coroinavirus-polls-majority-support-social-distancing/5162668002/

Social Distancing has a higher approval rating than Trump. :lol:

On CNN they love to point out that Trump said that opening back up would undoubtedly cost some lives, without mentioning that he also said that keeping the country closed-down would cost even more lives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, godzilla said:

are there still people who believe that a manufacturing sector that employs millions of people is even possible in a 21st century country like the US?

i think we're talking about facilities that are manned with robots as machines are the only thing capable of competing with $2/day Chinese labor.

no, the days of good paying manufacturing jobs are over in places like the US and Canada. success is now with up the ladder jobs that require more than a high school education. and this is where the US really sucks because few people have affordable access to such education. education is a privatized machine in the US.

I think that buying "made in America" vs "made in China" is going to balance that out.

The globalist supply chain is going to be hard hit by the reality of how dangerous America's dependence on China really is. 

The US can't even supply their own penicillin now without China right now. If the US-China trade war heats up, which it undoubtedly will, it could get nasty, and dangerous. https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-care/u-s-officials-worried-about-chinese-control-american-drug-supply-n1052376

Just like they popped up this Honeywell mask factory, the US will be getting heavily into a lot of other strategic manufacturing as well over the coming months. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, godzilla said:

note the "%as non-farm employment". that means the US has kept the number of manufacturing jobs fairly consistent but as the population has ballooned then manufacturing jobs have not kept pace.

And that has been identified as a huge concern.

If you want to talk about stupidity regarding North-American manufacturing, look no further than our own Green Party. E May is convinced that Canada's road to economic growth will come via manufacturing green energy solutions lol. I  bet that she even tweets about it with her made-in-China phone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

I think that buying "made in America" vs "made in China" is going to balance that out.

The globalist supply chain is going to be hard hit by the reality of how dangerous America's dependence on China really is. 

The US can't even supply their own penicillin now without China right now. If the US-China trade war heats up, which it undoubtedly will, it could get nasty, and dangerous. https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-care/u-s-officials-worried-about-chinese-control-american-drug-supply-n1052376

Just like they popped up this Honeywell mask factory, the US will be getting heavily into a lot of other strategic manufacturing as well over the coming months. 

that will be interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

On CNN they love to point out that Trump said that opening back up would undoubtedly cost some lives, without mentioning that he also said that keeping the country closed-down would cost even more lives.

I think most states are looking at opening plans.

All Canadian provinces certainly are. 

These 14 days of declines are probably not the best way to gauge a recovery. 

The concern would be places that open up after cases have peaked vs places opening up just as their cases/deaths are spiking. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, godzilla said:

that will be interesting.

No, it is already interesting. You're tardy, as usual.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/15/trump-and-china-sign-phase-one-trade-agreement.html

You watch too much MSM like the Dems ordered you to do, so you missed it how President Trump has already murdered China on the trade war front over the past 13+ months. Which means, you also missed it, how Trump has now inspired other nations to hold China accountable for decades of unfair trade practices and cybercrime re: importing Chinese goods.

Another example? All USA police dept's are soon returning drones they use, made in China, because it appears the drones have been deceitfully/stealthily configured to send recorded imagery back to the device's manufacturer.

Edited by Tdot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...