Political Discussion Forums

Thousands go to the beach in Vancouver.

Just now, ProudConservative said:

There is a massive cold war with China right now, and you don't even know about it.

I asked you what your friend thought would take it hot.  The one who thinks someone has hidden 300000 people so they can pretend they are dead.

1 minute ago, bcsapper said:

I asked you what your friend thought would take it hot.  The one who thinks someone has hidden 300000 people so they can pretend they are dead.

I missed this tidbit.  This would be a massive witness protection program, but I'm sure the various world governments are up for the teamwork and organizational challenges it would present.  

I begin to hope the aliens will save us soon.

2 minutes ago, dialamah said:

I missed this tidbit.  This would be a massive witness protection program, but I'm sure the various world governments are up for the teamwork and organizational challenges it would present.  

I begin to hope the aliens will save us soon.

Yes, PC's friend thinks COVID is a hoax, but China is setting up to nuke us.  We just can't catch a break at all...

19 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Yes, PC's friend thinks COVID is a hoax, but China is setting up to nuke us.  We just can't catch a break at all...

Don't put words in my mouth. He doesn't want an accidental nuclear war. Someone can make the wrong  miscalculation, when there is this much finger pointing... and the whole shit escalates.

9 hours ago, ProudConservative said:

The virus kills people. The fatality rate is the hoax.

The fatality rate is unknown.  I've seen estimates that are all over the map.  My own estimate is ~15%.  That's from the Johns Hopkins data, but of course, no-one knows how many people got it, weren't tested and recovered or died, have it and haven't been tested yet, etc.

9 hours ago, ProudConservative said:

Don't put words in my mouth. He doesn't want an accidental nuclear war. Someone can make the wrong  miscalculation, when there is this much finger pointing... and the whole shit escalates.

I didn't.  I never said he wanted one.  Your friend said we were one mistake away from a nuclear war.  I'm pretty sure we don't want one, so I'm wondering what your friend thinks will set China off.  Another bout of rudeness to a chinese journalist, perhaps.  Mispronouncing their name?  Or maybe just blackballing Huawei whenever possible?

We have been one step from a nuclear war since the bomb was created. Today's war woukd be fought with germs that would leave the infrastructure in place without contamination drift from radioactive fall out. Even better is a high altitude explosive paralyzing the computer info systems and causing chaos.

Next, people who fret about things they have no control cover are either depressive or silly. The former can be treated...the latter can not...unless you turn it into a career such as stand up comedy or creative arts or maybe  cult leading or   politics but we have enough cults and  politicians.

Edited by Rue