Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tdot

Are there any rogue Chinese companies, on the Canadian Stock Exchanges? If so, then...

Recommended Posts

Should Canada's parliament do what the USA Congress just did here?

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/senate-passes-bill-delisting-rogue-chinese-companies

 

Let's guard CNQ , ICE Futures Canada , Montreal Exchange (Bourse de Montréal) , NASDAQ Canada , NGX (Natural Gas Exchange) , and the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) from the rogues of China!!

Edited by Tdot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We'll see if it can pass the democratic house.  It looks like a bi-partisan bill and I'd say it's low-hanging fruit, but things are pretty dysfunctional down there so who knows.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Moonbox said:

We'll see if it can pass the democratic house.  It looks like a bi-partisan bill and I'd say it's low-hanging fruit, but things are pretty dysfunctional down there so who knows.  

Delisting companies from the stock exchange by the state for political reasons sets a potentially angerous precedent that could unintentionally limit free trade markets not to mention a violation of constitutional rights guaranteed in the US constitution and Canadian  Charter of Rights.

Such exercises must be done with very good reason and as a last resort  in protecting the public not as an everyday political tool... not unless you want to go the same way as China and let the government  have absolute control  of your market place.

 I argue question the identity and motives of people  and political spambots quick to exploit any issue with alarmist headlines advocating control for more more government powers.

 

 

 

Edited by Rue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is good reasoning.  If you want to be listed on a US exchange, you have to be transparent with the books and subject to financial audit.  Ostensibly, the purpose is to make sure that investors don't get fleeced by foreign entities that cook their books.  While that may not be a huge fear with countries that have similar accounting and regulatory frameworks, China does not fall in line.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Rue said:

Delisting companies from the stock exchange by the state for political reasons sets a potentially angerous precedent that could unintentionally limit free trade markets not to mention a violation of constitutional rights guaranteed in the US constitution and Canadian  Charter of Rights.

What free markets are you talking about? As for what I am seeing, there is absolutely no free market anymore. Why? One word. Bailouts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Moonbox said:

There is good reasoning.  If you want to be listed on a US exchange, you have to be transparent with the books and subject to financial audit.  Ostensibly, the purpose is to make sure that investors don't get fleeced by foreign entities that cook their books.  While that may not be a huge fear with countries that have similar accounting and regulatory frameworks, China does not fall in line.  

Enron :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

There is good reasoning.  If you want to be listed on a US exchange, you have to be transparent with the books and subject to financial audit.  Ostensibly, the purpose is to make sure that investors don't get fleeced by foreign entities that cook their books.  While that may not be a huge fear with countries that have similar accounting and regulatory frameworks, China does not fall in line.  

Regulation is not the issue, how  far you go with it could be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, New World Disorder said:

Enron :D

The fact criminals exist does not justify a police state just that criminals need to be regulated in a way that does not facilitate imprisoning innocent people simply because we do not like their opinions. I am repeating the same position I took as to  apps, surveillance and any exercise giving government power to control private businesses and individuals.

When I say free market I should have  been more specific and stated free enterprise market or to be even  more specific, privately owned markets.

Is anything free?  That's an issue I leave to Hari Krishna to deal with.

Edited by Rue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rue said:

Delisting companies from the stock exchange by the state for political reasons sets a potentially angerous precedent that could unintentionally limit free trade markets not to mention a violation of constitutional rights guaranteed in the US constitution and Canadian  Charter of Rights.

Such exercises must be done with very good reason and as a last resort  in protecting the public not as an everyday political tool... not unless you want to go the same way as China and let the government  have absolute control  of your market place.

 I argue question the identity and motives of people  and political spambots quick to exploit any issue with alarmist headlines advocating control for more more government powers.

 

 

 

These are very deceptive remarks you posted here. This is not about politics, whatsoever, since it is about China refusing to do what North American businesses do when they agree to be listed on the Canadian Stock Exchanges.

Canadian businesses on the CSE agree to be audited and agree to give degree of access to their books, whereas Chinese businesses on the CSE refuse to do so. Therefore it is very improper for you to classify that as, political, when it is solely about uniformity/total fairness when doing (stock) business in good faith.

Edited by Tdot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Tdot said:

These are very deceptive remarks you posted here. This is not about politics, whatsoever, since it is about China refusing to do what North American businesses do when they agree to be listed on the Canadian Stock Exchanges.

Canadian businesses on the CSE agree to be audited and agree to give degree of access to their books, whereas Chinese businesses on the CSE refuse to do so. Therefore it is very improper for you to classify that as, political, when it is solely about uniformity/total fairness when doing (stock) business in good faith.

SCN-Lavalin. Even if audited, some Canadian companies are proven to be fraudulent as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, New World Disorder said:

if audited, 

KEYWORDS here.  China hates those words.

 

You are okay with that, for the CSE??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tdot said:

KEYWORDS here.  China hates those words.

 

You are okay with that, for the CSE??

If you want to know.. you should ask!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, New World Disorder said:

SCN-Lavalin. Even if audited, some Canadian companies are proven to be fraudulent as well.

and find themselves in legal trouble as a result. 

The funny thing about China is that it's systematically corrupt.  Corruption and dictatorship go hand in hand, and over there that's the norm, rather than the exception.  The sad part is that it's not your average Chinese citizen either.  They're not much different from anyone else.  The government, on the other hand....yikes.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rue said:

Delisting companies from the stock exchange by the state for political reasons sets a potentially angerous precedent that could unintentionally limit free trade markets not to mention a violation of constitutional rights guaranteed in the US constitution and Canadian  Charter of Rights.

Yeah there aren't any Charter or Constitutional violations here.  This is pretty simple stuff Rue.  Either your accounting is transparent and subject to scrutiny, or you don't get to raise capital on our exchanges.  There's nothing arbitrary about that, nor is there any precedent being set.  There's no doubt some political motivation on the timing, but then the ongoing crisis has severely damaged the western world's faith in China and also raised substantial concern on their reliance on China for strategic resources.   China hasn't played fair on trade for decades and hasn't played by the rules and the US, at least, has had enough. 

Even Trudeau seems to be getting a spine and has been showing his puppy teeth lately.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, New World Disorder said:

If you want to know.. you should ask!

I did ask. You refused to reply. 

Is it because you love China, for hurting North America? ... afterall, your posts do always support the Dems Deceit Doctrine LOL so that makes it no surprise if you are ok with China's rogues existing by a different set of rules on the CSE 

Edited by Tdot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Tdot said:

I did ask. You refused to reply. 

Is it because you love China, for hurting North America? ... afterall, your posts do always support the Dems Deceit Doctrine LOL so that makes it no surprise if you are ok with China's rogues existing by a different set of rules on the CSE 

Yes. My every statement posted here, even the ones where I agree with Trump,  are all part of the Dem Deceit Doctrine.   Or I like to call it.. the Tripple Ds.

Edited by New World Disorder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, New World Disorder said:

Or I like to call it.. the Tripple Ds.

Actually trademarkedly as D-cubed or 'D<sup>3</sup>' if this website had subscript embed lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tdot said:

Actually trademarkedly as D-cubed or 'D<sup>3</sup>' if this website had subscript embed lol

Sounds like you are a Dem insider to know that much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, New World Disorder said:

Sounds like you are a Dem insider to know that much.

ROFL!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...