Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums
ProudConservative

Wet Got Bigger Problems Than George Floyd

Recommended Posts

One asshole cop killed a black guy... Thousands of Wanksta's decide to burn down shopping centers. Why Are black people walking into the stereotypical label they need to escape? How does it improve race relations, when you go burn down businesses that have had nothing to do with Floyd's death. Some of them owned by black people? With 1000 people dying a day from Covid, we don't have time for this silly distraction.

 

Edited by ProudConservative
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ProudConservative said:

One asshole cop killed a black guy... Thousands of Wanksta's decide to burn down shopping centers. Why Are black people walking into the stereotypical label they need to escape? How does it improve race relations, when you go burn down businesses that have had nothing to do with Floyd's death. Some of them owned by black people? With 1000 people dying a day from Covid, we don't have time for this silly distraction.

 

Why do you show such disrespect towards the medical students that are just frustrated with the status quo.

Edited by Independent1986

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Independent1986 said:

Why do you show such disrespect towards the medical students that are just frustrated with the status quo ?

@Michael Hardner will come over with his notebook and give you an F for RACISM.

Actually a lot of the anti-immigration crowed, want to give black people a fair chance... Since they have been around for centuries. We don't see black people as invaders, because  they were brought in as slaves. If some white guy guts killed by a black cop, we don't go apeshit burning down entire neighborhoods. They get the thug label, because they act like thugs. I want them to rise above their stereotype, but they don't seam to get the fact a country with 331 million, is occasionally going to had a bad cop. Don't blame society... Blame the cop

When you burn down innocent businesses in the middle of a pandemic, no one has sympathy for your cause.

Edited by ProudConservative
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ProudConservative said:

When you burn down innocent businesses in the middle of a pandemic, no one has sympathy for your cause.

 

Yes, the COVID-19 pandemic has cost far more lives and economic impact than all of the George Floyd protests or riots in several U.S. cities over many years.  Nevertheless, social unrest and rioting remains a very American experience going back to the Boston Tea Party.    Race riots, 1960's riots, Rodney King in L.A.,  labour conflicts, anti-war protests, civil rights marches, etc. didn't have the relatively recent factor of dedicated anarchists hell bent on wanton destruction and chaos.    Curfews mean nothing without enforcement and citizen support.

Local and state government underestimated the threat and necessary deployment of overwhelming police forces in a timely manner.   The "progressive" politics/leadership of Minneapolis and St. Paul vs. the governor and Trump helped to set the stage for an inadequate response.   Minority owned and other businesses have been sacrificed for police and public safety...the cops even abandoned one precinct building which quickly went up in flames. 

The governor has admitted that he doesn't have enough police resources even with the state patrol and national guard.   He may have to take Trump's offer of assistance from U.S. Army military police units to get enough boots on the ground.   This is something that no "blue state" governor wants to do in an election year, but he has little choice as the pressure mounts to "do something" to restore civil order.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Independent1986 said:

Why do you show such disrespect towards the medical students that are just frustrated with the status quo.

Huh?

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Race riots, 1960's riots, Rodney King in L.A.,  labour conflicts, anti-war protests, civil rights marches, etc. didn't have the relatively recent factor of dedicated anarchists hell bent on wanton destruction and chaos.

Seemingly recent to us but a pretty natural reaction to decades of dedicated capitalist/government cronyism hell bent on wanton greed and power. Race/culture wars, climate change, pandemics these are just sign posts and bumps along a long dusty road people have been wandering down for millenia.  It's the journey not the destination.

Intelligent cephalopods on the other side of the galaxy probably ask "are we there yet" too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Seemingly recent to us but a pretty natural reaction to decades of dedicated capitalist/government cronyism hell bent on wanton greed and power.

But these race-baited riots only seem to be happening in hubs controlled by what I'll call Progressive Socialist (or if you would prefer leftist) regimes. Coincidence, I guess.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ProudConservative said:

One asshole cop killed a black guy... Thousands of Wanksta's decide to burn down shopping centers. Why Are black people walking into the stereotypical label they need to escape? How does it improve race relations, when you go burn down businesses that have had nothing to do with Floyd's death. Some of them owned by black people? With 1000 people dying a day from Covid, we don't have time for this silly distraction.

 

It is something that has been brewing for a long time. The real issue is corrupt police taking justice into their own hands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

But these race-baited riots only seem to be happening in hubs controlled by what I'll call Progressive Socialist (or if you would prefer leftist) regimes. Coincidence, I guess.

Certainly seems that's the case in your mind.  Of course in more rational minds, Canadian that is, Democrats are more right-wing than Canada's Conservative Party.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So you'd like to divert off track for awhile, would you?

I'll go off on your detour with you for a bit if you like.

First of all I am Canadian. It's in my profile. But I kind of agree with you on one aspect of our political structure. Real political Conservatives are rare and getting rarer in our Country. We do have something we call Progressive Conservatives.  More and more they're more about the P than the C. And I think that's what you're saying. 

Democrats are not more right wing than even the Progressive Conservatives of Canada though. You could Cherry pick examples that might seem reasonable to you as support but I could bring up examples like AOC or Ilhan Omar to mock you back with. Nobody in the Progressive Conservative party is pushing anything like what the Dems call their "Green New Deal": which is a watermelon policy, green on the outside Red on the inside.

However I would agree with you if you wanted to say that in general the Overton window has shifted to the left over the years. It's fluid though. We don't have a right wing populist leader in Canada yet with the necessary spark like they do in other countries. Things could change even up here.

There are what they call RINOs (Republicans in Name Only) in the American Republican party and they're a lot like what we call Progressive conservatives up here. 

I'd agree with you if you wanted to say the Democrat elite of America are pretty corporatist. And that's embedded.

Edited by Infidel Dog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

However I would agree with you if you wanted to say that in general the Overton window has shifted to the left over the years. It's fluid though. We don't have a right wing populist leader in Canada yet with the necessary spark like they do in other countries. Things could change even up here.

I doubt it, not with the shit-show south of us to provide a reason for repeating the phrase "there but for the grace of whatever go us". The Canadian Overton window is shifting away from politicians and towards expertise and our politicians seem more than happy to follow.  Canadian politicians seem to have a better awareness of their limits and when to shut up and probably because they know Canadians are more aware of these limits too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Certainly seems that's the case in your mind.  Of course in more rational minds, Canadian that is, Democrats are more right-wing than Canada's Conservative Party.

It’s not the case in his mind, it’s the truth.   Regardless, that’s complete nonsense.  Democrats are much further to the left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The rioters are just strings being manipulated by the mainstream media.  More white people have been killed by police this year.  Not one instance has ever been highlighted on the news by the media.  These riots are also the product of illogical months long stay at home orders.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Shady said:

The rioters are just strings being manipulated by the mainstream media. 

And these guys say it with a smile. Sometimes when you can't do anything about it you just gotta laugh.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, eyeball said:

I doubt it, not with the shit-show south of us to provide a reason for repeating the phrase "there but for the grace of whatever go us".

 

Except in Vancouver, where all it takes to get a large riot is losing a Stanley Cup hockey game 7.

 

 

Edited by bush_cheney2004
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shady said:

It’s not the case in his mind, it’s the truth.   Regardless, that’s complete nonsense.  Democrats are much further to the left.

That's because the right-wing is not a place it's a direction with no end in sight that you insist on barreling towards in any and every case.

Edited by eyeball

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Except in Vancouver, where all it takes to get a large riot is losing a Stanley Cup hockey game 7.

Yeah that's pretty much mice nuts in comparison.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, eyeball said:

Yeah that's pretty much mice nuts in comparison.

 

The mice can have riots just like the elephants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

The mice can have riots just like the elephants.

At least these protests are more important than a sports trophy. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We can’t discount the impact of disgusting left wing groups like antifa.  

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

The mice can have riots just like the elephants.

Yeah but mice just can't keep up the effort the way elephants can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Yeah but mice just can't keep up the effort the way elephants can.

 

Yes they can...by going to the United States...like Amy Cooper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly.... Teach these blacks to strap up... You got the second amendment. If you see a cop strangling a black man, you shoot him dead. If you got someone recording, that's self defense. You were saving the guys life.

I think cops would think twice, if the bullets started flying back at them.

The bottom line, is if you use excessive force, you loose your job. If you use excessive force to purposely kill someone, you should be hung.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Yes they can...by going to the United States...like Amy Cooper.

Are you kidding, she folded like a wet noodle. Exactly as I'd expect any other self-loathing white-wing Canadian would.

Mice nuts/mice pussies. Same thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...