Political Discussion Forums

On 6/23/2020 at 7:38 AM, Shady said:

It's not their statues to take down.  Regardless, historical context is important.  And now the North American Taliban is removing Jefferson, Adams, Washington and Lincoln statues.  They're completely insane now.  No, that's not true, you should read Team of Rivals, it's a great book on Lincoln.  You should also read the Lincoln/Douglas debates.

Thank God for Trump who has passed an executive order that has said that anyone caught trying to pull down a statue or deface a monument they could get up to ten years in jail. And by the looks of things, it worked. We do not see anyone of these MLW thugs and Antifa commies trying to do any pulling down of statues today or defacing monuments anywhere.

This is what happens when there is a leader who will stand up to those commie thugs and bullies. They go run and hide in their grandmother's basement. When they are in a crowd, they all act like tough bullies and thugs. But they are all cowards when they are alone. Trump gas declared war on these little wannabe commies, and it looks like Trump has won that war.  

That is why Trump is the President and is a real and true leader. Trump will never kneel to those commie thugs and bullies ever. Unlike our comrade prime mistake of Canada who did do just that at some BLM demonstration, where he got down on his comrade knees, and asked for forgiveness from the BLM mobsters. What a wimp and cowardly politically correct buffoon that Canada has for a leader.

We have a weak in the knee so called leader of Canada who will not stand up to those who want to change this country and it's history. He will stand by as they try to change names on streets like they want to do with the Churchill street name. And he had no problem with the removal of the picture of our first Prime Minister of Canada by taking his picture of our Canadian ten dollar bill. That was a disgrace. It would appear as though comrade Trudeau, just like his old man, is trying to erase all of our  British history, and replace it with some foreign or french history.

I do hope that the citizen's will stand up to this Trudeau french leftist liberal anti-British takeover that is going on in Canada and just say no to the name change of Churchill. I wonder as to who is the one or ones that want to make that name change anyway? Just curious. The french in Ottawa several years ago tried to have the name of Mount Logan in British Columbia changed to Mount Chretien. What nerve and what gall that these french have. Thank gawd they were not allowed to get away with the name change. Chretien did nothing for Canada. He just helped make Canada worse. Quebec has been a disease and a thorn in Canada's side ever since Canada was created.  Canada needs to separate from Quebec. Works for me. :D

11 hours ago, bcsapper said:

But race?  Why would anyone give a toss about race?  Same with sexual orientation.  I think it takes personal biases to worry about those.

I meant culture actually. I said racism because I'm using the left's definition of the term...

43 minutes ago, Transportfan said:

I meant culture actually. I said racism because I'm using the left's definition of the term...

Ah, I see.  Well, being intolerant of reprehensible cultural practices is as natural as being intolerant of any other reprehensible behaviour, and nothing to do with race whatsoever.  Regardless of who seeks to pick the definition of the month.

12 hours ago, Argus said:

And there needs to be an acceptance that we are, in fact, a nation, with a history, culture and traditions worth preserving, and that it would be a bad thing to see it all washed away in a flood of foreigners.

How about something less complicated like a species on a pale blue dot?  It would just be what it is should it it all get blown away by an asteroid I guess.

Surely there must be even less important things we could be worrying about.