Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums
WestCanMan

Rayshard Brooks Killed By Police In Atlanta. Free TVs For Everyone..

Recommended Posts

49 minutes ago, Boges said:

He had Schizophrenia. 

Evidence that police can't deal with people with mental illness. Perhaps some of their funding can go to people that can. 

Such as who? Who do you think is going to deal with a crazed man with a knife other than police? Are you volunteering?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Argus said:

Such as who? Who do you think is going to deal with a crazed man with a knife other than police? Are you volunteering?

No.  He’s one of the chicken hawks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boges said:

He had Schizophrenia. 

Evidence that police can't deal with people with mental illness. Perhaps some of their funding can go to people that can. 

Honestly, the country is full of people who are a danger to society if they go off their meds, they're out and about, and many of them go off their meds every day.

We can't institutionalize people like that in this day and age, so how many high-functioning adults' lives can we throw at this problem? What's an acceptable number of social workers to die every year to deal with this? How many family members should be put at risk?

Spending more money isn't the answer to every problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2020 at 3:06 PM, WestCanMan said:

Honestly, the country is full of people who are a danger to society if they go off their meds, they're out and about, and many of them go off their meds every day.

We can't institutionalize people like that in this day and age, so how many high-functioning adults' lives can we throw at this problem? What's an acceptable number of social workers to die every year to deal with this? How many family members should be put at risk?

Spending more money isn't the answer to every problem. 

I know, we'll just treat it like the flu. People are killed by that all the time and we don't call the cops.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, eyeball said:

I know, we'll just treat it like the flu. People are killed by that all the time and we don't call the cops.

The flu kills 250,000 to half a million people per year eyeball. It's no joke. https://www.medscape.com/answers/219557-3459/what-is-the-global-incidence-of-influenza

Interestingly enough, covid's global total is 498,000 right now.https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Isn't calling the cops bad eyeball? Isn't calling the cops what gets you killed in the first place? Just ask Justine Damond and Breonna Taylor. Doh!!!!!!!! You can't. They're dead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

The flu kills 250,000 to half a million people per year eyeball. It's no joke. https://www.medscape.com/answers/219557-3459/what-is-the-global-incidence-of-influenza

Covid is likely to kill that many Americans this year, never mind the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Argus said:

Covid is likely to kill that many Americans this year, never mind the world.

3 months ago when the USA was recording the number of 'cases', that was people who were sick enough to be hospitalized.

Now when the USA records their number of 'cases', it includes people who may be asymptomatic or just have a mild cough.

1M active cases in June is not the same as 1M cases back in March.

 

It was to be expected that there would be a rise in cases after all the riots and protests. I think the number will fall sharply soon due to herd immunity, schools being closed for the summer, and people just generally gathering indoors less.

Summer cases of covid are actually good for herd immunity imo. It's probably good to build up immunity now rather than the winter, when it can really spread. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This looks fairly heavy-handed. A small man by any standard returning from the shops is stopped by police for being ‘suspicious’. A struggle ensues during which he is put in a chokehold and given a large dose of ketamine. He suffers a cardiac arrest on his way to the hospital and dies a week later.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8465407/Colorado-officers-involved-death-Elijah-McClain-taken-streets-DA-defends-not-pressing-charges.html

 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/28/2020 at 5:28 PM, SpankyMcFarland said:

This looks fairly heavy-handed. A small man by any standard returning from the shops is stopped by police for being ‘suspicious’. A struggle ensues during which he is put in a chokehold and given a large dose of ketamine. He suffers a cardiac arrest on his way to the hospital and dies a week later.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8465407/Colorado-officers-involved-death-Elijah-McClain-taken-streets-DA-defends-not-pressing-charges.html

 

I'm not sure what to make of that story. At one point they say:

Quote

In less than a week, McClain suffered cardiac arrest, was declared brain dead and taken off life support.  

and later they say that he had cardiac arrest on the way to the hospital, apparently after receiving a dose of 'Ketamine' from paramedics.

My guess is that he had cardiac en route to the hospital and never regained consciousness after that, and then died a week later? Did he have a second cardiac arrest at some point? Did he ever regain consciousness? I don't know.

One would assume that they didn't give him Ketamine to sedate him if he was unconscious, most likely it's because he was acting up, and if he was in a mood to be aggressive enough to require sedation then I don't think that the choke hold was his demise. Unless maybe he had an aneurism? Surely a coroner could have figured that out. Did toxicology detrmine whether or not the Ketamine reacted badly with some narcotics in his system? Was he allergic to it?

I'd assume that if Paramedics just randomly shove that stuff into people that it's not reactive with THC, PCP, heroine, cocaine, meth, etc, maybe he had some Fentanyl in his system? Should they ban this Ketamine stuff from being just a routine treatment?

I'd be more upset with the coroner at this point. They should at least know why he had a cardiac arrest at 23.

 

The whole point of this story coming out now though, is that CNN is trying to keep the riots going. They'll keep releasing stories like this in a slow drip until the election comes along. Divide, divide, divide. That's their game plan. If you want to cure what ails America, get rid of CNN. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why did they lay hands upon him in the first place? He was walking home from the store and was clearly terrified when they started grappling with him. He was no threat to anybody and certainly not the police. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/1/2020 at 6:28 PM, SpankyMcFarland said:

Why did they lay hands upon him in the first place? He was walking home from the store and was clearly terrified when they started grappling with him. He was no threat to anybody and certainly not the police. 

If you read the article, police responded to a call of suspicious activity. The guy was wearing a Balaclava over his face. 

If he had nothing to hide then he should have just answered their questions and never resisted them in any way.

Instead of asking "why did they lay their hands on him" ask yourself "what would American crime be like if everyone walked around with their faces covered and police weren't allowed to ask anyone any questions"? "What if people could always just tell police to fuck off if they didn't want to answer any questions, and then they could just go on their merry way?"

The beginning of exceptional societies comes when exceptional people can conduct business without fear of criminals and violence. 

In a world where the police are powerless, and criminals can operate free from inspection, you can't leave your home to commute to work, put in 8 hours, and commute home again. You can't have a jewelry store downtown. No one will pay to have nice things because they will just get stolen or vandalized. It's just as bad as socialism. Creativity and productivity are stifled and society maxes out at the shanty-town level. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...