Political Discussion Forums

Blue Lives Matter!

For those who might claim this was a mental health issue it is important to note that epilepsy is NOT a mental illness.

Epilepsy not mental illness

Epilepsy is not a form of mental illness or intellectual dysfunction. Most individuals equate epilepsy with convulsions, but epileptic seizures can produce many different symptoms; two large groups of seizures are termed partial and generalized.
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have no idea why you would respond to eyeball on this thread. I've never claimed policing is the most dangerous job around and, in fact, have stated that in previous years when I complain about how

Try to rise above what? Above reality? Above the truth, as evidenced in statistics? Above emotional twaddle based on history? Am I to feel guilt and shame over the historical plight of Black people in

We have already been over your tendency to want to make all things equal, when the issue is uncomfortable for the left. Both sides have always used twaddle, but not to the extent that we see today whe

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

People are dumping on the police now, which isn't fair.  There's also an echo effect from the US situation.

Not sure what can be done about these - the police chief is a political position for sure.

I heard the chief of Toronto retired early. He was a Black officer. Highly esteemed, I hear. There would be fallout from that, even lower morale than just what the mayor and city council have said.

I think the silent majority feels otherwise, but are simply not being  heard.

There is even reluctance to publicly speak out in favour of police these days, lest there be repercussions. 

• Like 1

This is an interesting article showing something about police training in how to deal with people who have addiction and mental health issues - and also showing that no matter how much better they are or how much harder they try than some American jurisdiction they will never be given any credit or support from Canada's anti-police types.

The stereotype of police as violent, poorly trained hotheads is sometimes borne out on YouTube, which now functions as a highlight reel for every bad apple wearing a uniform. But the reality—at least in Canada, where I live—is that new officers are typically post-secondary graduates who spend a lot of their time in training sessions. In 2016, I sat in on one such session at a police headquarters facility west of Toronto, where officers attend seminars conducted by experts from within the community, and then go through elaborate small-group role-playing scenarios led by a trained corps of actors who specialize in mimicking various crisis states. As I reported in a magazine article, the facility features a mock-up house with different rooms, so officers can perform their exercises in realistic domestic environments. When each role-playing scenario was completed, the officers were critiqued and interviewed in front of the entire group. Then the actor herself would give her impressions about how the officers’ behaviour made her feel.

https://quillette.com/2020/08/30/exploiting-a-womans-deadly-fall-to-smear-torontos-police/

Posted (edited)
On 8/30/2020 at 12:39 PM, dialamah said:

From mediabiasfactcheck, on Quillette:

Overall, we rate Quillette Questionable based on the promotion of racial pseudoscience and the use of poor sources. 

I get why you like it, but maybe read it with a large grain of salt.  

From your own cite:

In review, Quillette is a right leaning blog that features lengthy, well written articles. Headlines occasionally utilize loaded language such as this: Cowardice at Columbia. This story is also properly sourced to credible local media and provides video evidence.

Then they say this:

In general, Quillette promotes right leaning positions such as anti-feminism and questionable viewpoints regarding racism. For example, in this article they state “Racist attitudes of whites towards blacks have long become socially unacceptable in America, although the reverse, racism of a minority directed at the white majority, is still tolerated or even encouraged.”

Questionable viewpoints? Jesus, what is an opinion other than a viewpoint which can be questioned!? Ah, but then it goes on to reveal it's own questionable viewpoint!

Reverse racism is controversial and disputed by some. It is certainly possible for minorities to be prejudiced against Whites, however some believe racism requires “systematic oppression which is built into the government, institutions and social structures. Without this factor of systematic oppression, there cannot be racism.”

Methinks this cite of yours is not terribly neutral itself, but embraces far left viewpoints, and its honesty is therefore questionable. In fact, its entry in wikipedia describes it thusly:

The Columbia Journalism Review describes Media Bias/Fact Check as an amateur attempt at categorizing media bias and Van Zandt as an "armchair media analyst."[3] The Poynter Institute notes, "Media Bias/Fact Check is a widely cited source for news stories and even studies about misinformation, despite the fact that its method is in no way scientific."[5] Alexandra Kitty, in a 2018 book on journalism, described MBFC as an apparent "amateur/civic outfit" and wrote that its founder's only qualification was a degree in communications.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_Bias/Fact_Check

Edited by Argus
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Argus said:

From your own cite:

In review, Quillette is a right leaning blog that features lengthy, well written articles. Headlines occasionally utilize loaded language such as this: Cowardice at Columbia. This story is also properly sourced to credible local media and provides video evidence.

Then they say this:

In general, Quillette promotes right leaning positions such as anti-feminism and questionable viewpoints regarding racism. For example, in this article they state “Racist attitudes of whites towards blacks have long become socially unacceptable in America, although the reverse, racism of a minority directed at the white majority, is still tolerated or even encouraged.”

Questionable viewpoints? Jesus, what is an opinion other than a viewpoint which can be questioned!? Ah, but then it goes on to reveal it's own questionable viewpoint!

Reverse racism is controversial and disputed by some. It is certainly possible for minorities to be prejudiced against Whites, however some believe racism requires “systematic oppression which is built into the government, institutions and social structures. Without this factor of systematic oppression, there cannot be racism.”

Methinks this cite of yours is not terribly neutral itself, but embraces far left viewpoints, and its honesty is therefore questionable. In fact, its entry in wikipedia describes it thusly:

The Columbia Journalism Review describes Media Bias/Fact Check as an amateur attempt at categorizing media bias and Van Zandt as an "armchair media analyst."[3] The Poynter Institute notes, "Media Bias/Fact Check is a widely cited source for news stories and even studies about misinformation, despite the fact that its method is in no way scientific."[5] Alexandra Kitty, in a 2018 book on journalism, described MBFC as an apparent "amateur/civic outfit" and wrote that its founder's only qualification was a degree in communications.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_Bias/Fact_Check

Nonetheless  I trust their motivation and analysis a lot more than I trust the motivation and analysis of most of the posters here.   

And yes, they're "right-leaning" which is why I said I understood why byou like it.

How modern radical leftists resemble their counterparts from China's cultural revolution.

g9cqjuck74l51b.jpg

Moira Smith was among the first to arrive at the World Trade Center on September 11th, 2001. She was last seen returning to the South Tower before it fell. Her remains were found 6 months later.

o71vztcqpgm51b.jpg

Edited by Argus

BLM crowd held angry demonstrations to protest the shooting death of this scumbag, smashing the windows of police cars and pounding on the police station doors demanding 'justice'. He was already on bail waiting trial for aggravating assault in four previous stabbings.

Edited by Argus
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Argus said:

BLM crowd held angry demonstrations to protest the shooting death of this scumbag, smashing the windows of police cars and pounding on the police station doors demanding 'justice'. He was already on bail waiting trial for aggravating assault in four previous stabbings.

This is the wagon the Left & Liberals have hitched themselves to.

Crime = Good.

Imagine having to deal with shit stains like this all the time. This moron is now serving life in prison.

Edited by Argus
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Doing this for a living doesn't look like much fun.

Cop shot by man in ambush. He was later arrested.

Edited by Argus
Posted (edited)

This video reminds me of a talk Sam Harris gave. He said we don't hire police to be the best bare knuckle brawlers, nor do we train them for it. And any cop who gets into a fight has at the back of his mind that there's a gun available to the guy hitting him if he winds up getting stunned.

Edited by Argus

There should suddenly be a bunch of leftists posting in here, seeing as Biden has changed sides on this issue.

Then again, this is a hard "no" for Michelle and Barack, and the Dem party is still mainly theirs. 

Blue Lives Matter ... and so do Porcupine's.

Police officers fired after using batons to beat a porcupine to death.

The court complaint states that on or about August 31, Cox and Rolerson, "in a manner manifesting a depraved indifference to animal life or suffering, did intentionally, knowingly or recklessly cause extreme physical pain to an animal; cause the death of an animal; or physically torture an animal."

Apparently, porcupine killing was some kind of hobby for them.  One of the two said he's killed about 8, the other claimed 3.  

• 2 weeks later...

Man fights with police, pulls gun, and is shot. Angry hood rats squeal and bitch and say he was shot for no reason.

Man is tazed then gets up and stabs cop. This replaces a video a couple of places up which was deleted on youtube.

Police struggle to pull a man out of his car. He pulls a gun and shoots them both, one dies. This post replaces an earlier one where the video was deleted on youtube.

Announcements

• Tell a friend

Love Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!