Political Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
taxme

Border crossings for some but not for others.

6 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

That's right...those days are long gone.   Mexico has to deal with it too.    These are sovereign nations with armed borders now, with lots of money being spent to stop all the illegal activity and enforce the law.   Some people think it is a game to be played..over and over again.

At one time our border guards did not carry any guns. Now, how that has changed. I am in agreement that both our borders should not be allowed to become places for illegal activity. If I had my way, anyone crossing the border with a huge amount of drugs or pot should get the death penalty just like what and how things are done in Singapore. It may not stop all of the illegal drug activity completely, but if one knows that if they are caught, and there is a good chance that if they are caught they will be executed, they may just think twice before trying to do such a stupid thing, and it could slow it all down quite a bit.  Hey, we never know, eh? 

Recently, four Americans were each fined $1200 in Banff, Alberta for being in Banff for a quick stop off when they were only supposed to travel to or from Alaska to Washington. They violated the Covid 19 restrictions and law, and paid a hefty price for it. The problem for me is how can anyone be fined $1200 for committing such a dreaded crime? Where is the justification for all of these hefty fines that people have had to pay because they broke the Covid 19 law? Boy, it's best to not try and take on this China virus if you do not want to have to pay an arm and leg for violating this bloody hoax virus law. :(

10 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Yep...and that's another reason to keep the border locked down.   If Canada wants to go in a different direction, that's your choice.

The longer and tighter the border is locked down, the more exposed Canada's government will be for policies and dependencies.   

Yup, it's hard to disagree with you on that one. I just hope that they do not make it last any longer as I do like to drive and take a trip now and then to some place in America. But my gut feeling is that this border shut down is going to go on a lot longer, and all for nothing but a lie and a hoax. If it were not for having a dyktator like commie Trudeau, Trump would have opened up that border weeks ago.  Trump despises comrade Trudeau big time. That i believe is the reason why the land border may stay closed.

In British Columbia there are many beautiful and scenic locations to go and visit way up north but the problem is that no one is able to drive to them. We are told that there are no roads being built to those many places because the government wants to keep them all as pure and pristine and free of people as much as they can. That is so bloody ridiculous because what is the point of trying to keep them away from people and for future generations to enjoy when no one can even get to those places. We need more roads built to be able to see some of these beautiful places. This province has become one silly ass place to live in, and is full of silly ass people who only want to stop others from enjoying themselves. What a joke. 

Edited by taxme

1 minute ago, taxme said:

Recently, four Americans were each fined $1200 in Banff, Alberta for being in Banff for a quick stop off when they were only supposed to travel to or from Alaska to Washington. They violated the Covid 19 restrictions and law, and paid a hefty price for it.

Good...they screwed up.     There are way too many sob stories concerning this closed border.

Some people think they are extra special.    

21 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Good...they screwed up.     There are way too many sob stories concerning this closed border.

Some people think they are extra special.    

Contrary to what you said yesterday about being able to go to any state without being quarantined is not going to happen if you plan on going to visit New York state. I saw on the news this morning that anyone wanting to go to New York from another state will have to go into quarantine first. It would appear as though no one is extra special in America anymore if one comes from out of state, and wants to visit New York.  And with murders going up in the city of New York why would anyone want to go to New York city now. If the virus doesn't kill you then someone may kill you. Thanks BLM. :unsure:  

14 minutes ago, taxme said:

Contrary to what you said yesterday about being able to go to any state without being quarantined is not going to happen if you plan on going to visit New York state.

The New York state quarantine is voluntary.

On 7/1/2020 at 1:04 PM, bush_cheney2004 said:

The New York state quarantine is voluntary.

They did not make it appear as though it would be mandatory. Who cares anyway. It's still is all bull chit anyway.  ;)