Political Discussion Forums
WestCanMan

The FBI Is A Joke, The Importance Of The Media, Athlete A

Before the Dems attacked Trump I had no idea how much of a farce the FBI was. 

About 1/3 of the way into the original impeachment saga it was starting to become obvious that there was no evidence of collusion yet, it was crystal clear that Schiff and CNN were the new "Lucy" teeing up the ball for their idiot viewers to kick, and the attacks on the FBI's legitimacy started pouring out of Hannity. 

It all seemed pretty unbelievable at first, for the mega-patriot Hannity to go against the country's most respected institution with such a harsh accusation, but as that farce went on and on it became impossible to deny that the FBI were acting as political operatives, and not as a police force at all. (CNN missed that story entirely)

Still, that was just one instance of FBI malfeasance that I was aware of in the whole history of the US. It could be a one-off, right?

So last night I watched Athlete A on Netflix. You definitely need to watch it, [SPOILER ALERT] it follows the American gymnastics program from when they were also-rans in the late '70s through their meteoric rise to becoming the world's dominant powerhouse for the last 20+ years. They do a really good job of laying the backdrop for how people who were increasingly thrilled about the success of the athletes became willing to turn a blind eye to the abuse that the tiny athletes endured.

In the end, it was a small-time media outlet, "the Indianapolis Star" that did all the legwork to bring down the group that was largely functioning as a pedophile ring. 

It wasn't local police, or a mega-company like CNN or MSNBC or Fox, or NBC that dug into this story, just a small-time gang who got the whiff of an important story and wouldn't let go.

A minor side-note in the show that isn't discussed very much is the fact that the FBI was alerted to the case a full 15 months before Nassar was finally brought down, but it was a local media outlet that had to solve the whole case. The FBI basically did nothing and they allowed kids to be victimized by a pedophile. The evidence was all around, and a few media members had no problem gathering it all. It turns out there were hundreds of witnesses all across the country in various age ranges, still.... Maybe those reporters should get badges and guns and the FBI should be left with some pens and an old daisywheel printer.

At the end of the day this show serves as a sad reminder that grown adults who you think you should be able to trust can be part of a large web that's complicit in very serious crimes against children, it illuminated the importance and the power of the media, and it exposes the FBI as yet again being a complete farce. 

[/SPOILER ALERT]

For those of you who still follow CNN and MSNBC, and you propagate their constant stream of lies because you believe that they have a country to run, just remember that day-by-day they're completely destroying the credibility of the mainstream media, and also remember that the media's primary role is as a fail-safe for the democracy. 

Even the leaders of islamic state knew the importance of the media, that's why they made a show out of chopping the heads off of journalists. They sent a clear message that no one can expose their truth to the world, and it laid the cover for them to commit genocide. (While our PM was denying it. Now our PM has those guys here, walking free, and our PM has bough off the media with $1.4 Billion of our taxpayer dollars.) 

Anyhow, I hope you guys all watch the show. It's not "enjoyable" but it's quite the learning experience and it's really important for younger kids to learn how to protect themselves and for older kids to see how important the media truly is.

You could argue that this thread belongs in the media forum, but the FBI's second major scandal is probably a bigger story, thats why this is here.  

11 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

...I had no idea... 

That was obvious when you declared Charles Koch was a left wing CNN stooge.

11 hours ago, eyeball said:

That was obvious when you declared Charles Koch was a left wing CNN stooge.

Your complete lack of reading comprehension is actually a redeeming quality for you. It explains a lot. 

14 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Your complete lack of reading comprehension is actually a redeeming quality for you. It explains a lot. 

You're denying you said that now? Well colour me surprised.

On 7/7/2020 at 12:48 PM, WestCanMan said:

Before the Dems attacked Trump I had no idea how much of a farce the FBI was.

You realize the FBI has for its entire existence, been a bastion of Republican conservatism, right?

18 minutes ago, Argus said:

You realize the FBI has for its entire existence, been a bastion of Republican conservatism, right?

They acted as an arm of the Democrat Party in 2017 and 2018. I didn't make them do it just so that I could write that post.

Their lack of action in this instance was just bizarre and seemingly unforgivable, unless this was something that was out of their jurisdiction. 

1 minute ago, WestCanMan said:

Go back and read it eyeball. Slowly. 

Not until you stop calling Argus a lefty - that's just an insult to both of us.

10 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

They acted as an arm of the Democrat Party in 2017 and 2018.

Trump would not have gotten elected were it not for their actions against Clinton. They did nothing with regard to Trump they weren't required to do by law.

12 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Not until you stop calling Argus a lefty - that's just an insult to both of us.

He's a lefty as far as Trump is concerned.

5 minutes ago, Argus said:

Trump would not have gotten elected were it not for their actions against Clinton.

They did less with regard to Clinton they were required to do by law. They even gave people immunity in her case for giving nothing in exchange at all. They let her say "I don't know, I bumped my head" to every question. She never actually turned in her servers, they turned in a copy. A significant amount of evidence was destroyed two weeks after it was subpoenaed and no one was ever charged with anything. "One of the employees at the IT company she was using had an 'oh shit' moment, it's all good."

They did nothing with regard to Trump they weren't required to do by law.

17 significant errors and omissions, including the omission of exculpatory evidence which is a crime all by itself? 

The investigators actually signed off in the beginning of 2017 to close the file for lack of evidence. No evidence of collusion has ever been found to this day, yet the leaders kept the file open and very public right through the 2018 mid-terms, over a year later. They lied to obtain the original FISA Warrant and they were not supposed to get a new warrant unless the investigation was turning up new evidence. It never turned up any evidence of collusion at all. They illegally obtained 4 FISA Warrants. 

This was nothing more than a public smear campaign disguised as an investigation. The influence of that smear campaign on the mid-terms can't be understated. 

58 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

They did less with regard to Clinton they were required to do by law. They even gave people immunity in her case for giving nothing in exchange at all. They let her say "I don't know, I bumped my head" to every question. She never actually turned in her servers, they turned in a copy. A significant amount of evidence was destroyed two weeks after it was subpoenaed and no one was ever charged with anything. "One of the employees at the IT company she was using had an 'oh shit' moment, it's all good."

You realize there is actually nothing criminal about using her own email and server, right? No one in history has ever been charged for that sort of thing.

58 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

The investigators actually signed off in the beginning of 2017 to close the file for lack of evidence. No evidence of collusion has ever been found to this day, yet the leaders kept the file open and very public right through the 2018 mid-terms, over a year later. They lied to obtain the original FISA Warrant and they were not supposed to get a new warrant unless the investigation was turning up new evidence. It never turned up any evidence of collusion at all. They illegally obtained 4 FISA Warrants. 

This was nothing more than a public smear campaign disguised as an investigation. The influence of that smear campaign on the mid-terms can't be understated. 

If you look hard enough, and nitpick over every single item in a legal case you can find things that a bureaucracy did incorrectly. Things which sound convincing to laymen without much familiarity with how things work. Remember that the FBI was being run by Trump's own appointee.

36 minutes ago, Argus said:

You realize there is actually nothing criminal about using her own email and server, right? No one in history has ever been charged for that sort of thing.

The protection of classified information is a high priorty for the government. Mishandling classified  information is a felony. 

The prevalence of email is a relatively new thing. It's not like Reagan's administration would have had to worry about email servers. These types of policies probably only go back the Bush Sr or Bill Clintons administrations.

If you look hard enough, and nitpick over every single item in a legal case you can find things that a bureaucracy did incorrectly. Things which sound convincing to laymen without much familiarity with how things work. Remember that the FBI was being run by Trump's own appointee.

This isn't nitpicking at all.

Withholding exculpatory evidence isn't a minor oversight.

Lying to a Judge isn't a faux pas.

Using a fake investigation as a smear campaign is a brutal misuse of the FBI's authority.

This is all banana republic stuff. 

When you combine this, with the fact that Hillary got a pass when she was actually guilty of felony mishandling of classified information and destroying subpoenaed evidence, that's a lot.

And then there's the fact that the FBI isn't investigating Joe Biden for his Ukrainian quid pro quo. Biden admitted that he fired a Ukrainian prosecutor and put a new one in place himself. The prosecutor he fired was investigating the company where his son mysteriously got an extremely lucrative job for no apparent reason. The new prosecutor isn't doing anything. "It's a proven fact that Joe had nothing to do with it though, because he swears that he didn't even know about it. He even said 'honest injun'." Oh wait, there's a picture of Joe hanging out with Hunter and another member of Burisma's board. "Ok he knew a bit about it. He had his fingers crossed hen he said 'honest injun' so it's ok."

And then there's the fact that the the FBI also isn't investigating Joe Biden for his son's mysterious ability to do massive amounts of business with the Communist Bank of China. He just hops on AF2 with dad to go to China, secures a $1.5B dollar business deal, never mentions it on the flight back, and Bob's your mother's brother. "It's a proven fact that Joe had nothing to do with it though, because he swears that he didn't even know about it. He even said 'honest injun'."

So Hillary saying "I don't remember, I bumped my head" fifty times and "Joe had nothing to do with it though, he didn't even know about it", and "Joe had nothing to do with it though, he didn't even know about it" work to end FBI investigations but a combination of exculpatory evidence and no evidence of a crime at all isn't enough to put an end to an investigation into Trump? It has to go on for two more years? 

Can you point to something that I said that's not entirely accurate and on point? Did I neglect to mention something important here?

Que est-ce que fork. How can the FBI so easily dismiss claims backed by incontrovertible evidence and then go on a lengthy public trial in the face of exculpatory evidence and with no supporting evidence at all?

This is major banana republic bullshit. The modern-day FBI is a complete and total farce. They shouldn't even be allowed to ride golf carts in the fucking mall and they're running around with modern weaponry and assault vehicles. 

Edited by WestCanMan

4 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

He's a lefty as far as Trump is concerned.

Same reason you said Charles Koch was a CNN stooge.

6 hours ago, eyeball said:

Same reason you said Charles Koch was a CNN stooge.

The fact that you're going so far back into the vault to bring this quote up over and over is a sad proof of the fact that you've never been right, in all of our head-to-head debates lol.

This is the exact quote that you keep referencing, which proved to you that I thought Charles Koch and Cato were left wingers:

If your quote is a reasonable characterization of their position, then yes. I haven't seen anything that they said aside from your blurb, which is farcical, so I can't really give them a fair overll assessment. Misquoting people is almost normal now.

So, exactly what I said is that I didn't know anything about CATO or Charles Koch. All I knew was what you said was 'farcical'. As usual, you would have been defending some completely moronic CNN talking point, and saying that Koch and CATO said it too or some shit. Maybe they're right wing, but they're morons? It's impossible for all of the morons in the US to be left wing, although it sure seems like it. 

Honestly to this day I still don't know or care about Charles Koch and CATO. I don't care if they're left-wing, right-wing, or tri-wing. I never see them quoted anywhere, I've never seen Koch interviewed or seen him on a panel or anything anywhere. 

35 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

The fact that you're going so far back into the vault to bring this quote up over and over is a sad proof of the fact that you've never been right

Really? And you're still standing by your assertion that Charles Koch is a CNN stooge. 

Picard Facepalm GIFs | Tenor

18 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Really? And you're still standing by your assertion that Charles Koch is a CNN stooge. 

FYI, it's possible for Charles Koch to get sucked in by some CNN idiocy. Millions of people do every day. You're leading the charge.

If you're dumb enough to believe every single thing that CNN says, what makes it so hard for you to believe that Charles Koch would be fooled that one day? 

I get that it's really important for you to believe that I was wrong one day back in 2019, sorry but I just wasn't. There's still hope for the future. One day I'll be Joe Biden's age. It's bound to happen.

20 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

FYI, it's possible for Charles Koch to get sucked in by some CNN idiocy. Millions of people do every day. You're leading the charge.

Sure, and pigs could suddenly sprout wings.

If you're dumb enough to believe every single thing that CNN says, 

I'm not though. Remember that little talk we had about BS filters?

what makes it so hard for you to believe that Charles Koch would be fooled that one day?

You don't put much effort or time into researching what it is you blather on about do you? It really shows.

I get that it's really important for you to believe that I was wrong one day back in 2019, sorry but I just wasn't.

It's actually more important for you to realize it if you ever expect to be taken seriously.

There's still hope for the future. One day I'll be Joe Biden's age. It's bound to happen.

That's right there's always hope.

9 hours ago, eyeball said:

Sure, and pigs could suddenly sprout wings.

I'm not though. Remember that little talk we had about BS filters?

You claim to have a BS filter, but you are sucked in by literally every single CNN talking point.

Someone gave you a filter that blocks common sense and facts.

You don't put much effort or time into researching what it is you blather on about do you? It really shows.

I don't take it seriously at all. Why should I Google Koch and CATO? CNN and their toadies don't talk about them. Fox doesn't talk about them. I've never seen them on social media.  I've lived my whole life without ever hearing about them so they're obviously not that important. Why the F should I care about them?

It's actually more important for you to realize it if you ever expect to be taken seriously.

That's right there's always hope.

I realize that you need to be right on this one and you need it to be important, maybe to save your sanity or so that you don't still feel like you're ofer 27,000 posts. I don't care eyeball. I have over 4,000 posts here. If I was wrong once it's not the end of the world, but if you look back I never said that I knew who they were. I just said that they were being stooges at that point. And I honestly don't recall what the point was. Was it the "drinking out of toilets" comment or something like that?

20 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

The protection of classified information is a high priorty for the government. Mishandling classified  information is a felony. 

Uhm, no it isn't. I've worked for government. I know just how confused and confusing the wide variety of classifications are to public servants. In short, if every public servant who 'mishandled' sensitive data had been imprisoned there'd be no public servants. They've ALL mishandled sensitive information at one point or other, often repeatedly.

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

You claim to have a BS filter, but you are sucked in by literally every single CNN talking point.

Someone gave you a filter that blocks common sense and facts.

No it works just fine thanks. I've told you several times I don't watch CNN.

I don't take it seriously at all. Why should I Google Koch and CATO? CNN and their toadies don't talk about them. Fox doesn't talk about them. I've never seen them on social media.  I've lived my whole life without ever hearing about them so they're obviously not that important. Why the F should I care about them?

A little research of your own would answer that far better than I could. But if you don't want to be taken seriously that's ok.

I realize that you need to be right on this one and you need it to be important, maybe to save your sanity or so that you don't still feel like you're ofer 27,000 posts. I don't care eyeball. I have over 4,000 posts here. If I was wrong once it's not the end of the world, but if you look back I never said that I knew who they were. I just said that they were being stooges at that point. And I honestly don't recall what the point was. Was it the "drinking out of toilets" comment or something like that?

Something like that, you got all bent out of shape when it was pointed out that a right wing media source (CATO Institute) described concentration camp conditions in refugee camp a good month before CNN unleashed their mind controlling ray on the public.

Charles Koch...CNN media stooge....:lol:

35 minutes ago, Argus said:

Uhm, no it isn't. I've worked for government. I know just how confused and confusing the wide variety of classifications are to public servants. In short, if every public servant who 'mishandled' sensitive data had been imprisoned there'd be no public servants. They've ALL mishandled sensitive information at one point or other, often repeatedly.

Ummm, I've had a "Secret" security clearance in the military, so what? We're Canadian. We both know American laws from reading and listening.

Gross Negligence in handling classified materials is a felony.

Gross Negligence in handling what? We don't know, because she destroyed all the evidence after it was subpoenaed. That's no big deal either, right?

Other Americans have gone to jail for these types of things. Eg, just having a picture on your phone of the inside of a sub. No proof that it was ever shared with anyone. Jail. 

16 minutes ago, eyeball said:

No it works just fine thanks. I've told you several times I don't watch CNN.

A little research of your own would answer that far better than I could. But if you don't want to be taken seriously that's ok.

Something like that, you got all bent out of shape when it was pointed out that a right wing media source (CATO Institute) described concentration camp conditions in refugee camp a good month before CNN unleashed their mind controlling ray on the public.

Charles Koch...CNN media stooge....:lol:

You don't watch CNN, you get their stories from Vogue and Cosmo. Good for you. You're still sucked in.

Go cite the post instead of just referring to it all the time. Where is it eyeball? I know that you printed it and have it under your pillow, but where's the link?