Political Discussion Forums
Boges

WE Charity Scandal

On 8/7/2020 at 10:49 PM, WestCanMan said:

The We scandal is a dead story now.

If you look on CTV, our 6,000 covid cases still dominate the page and there's not a single mention of We. 

Actually, CTV  has mentioned several times and indeed covered part of the committee hearings being held today.  This isn't dead by a long shot, WCM.  And, the little potato still awaits his appearance before the ethics committee.   

So far the Clerk of the Privy Council has thrown Telford under the bus for not making sure the little potato recused himself as was her duty as his special advisor or whatever the hell her useless title is; all but exonerated the PSC for their stellar vetting of WE; and has admitted that he had no personal knowledge of the financial regularities surrounding WE in spite of the fact that the MSM had reported such as early as 2019.  He also admitted that in spite of the fact that this program was all about financing a program, no one bothered to check the finances of the charity solely chosen to deliver it.  One might be forgiven for thinking that it would be a no brainer to check and see how well the charity was handling their own finances considering the millions at stake.........but no.  Wasn't that important apparently. 

With the intervention of the Committee Chair that slimy sycophant Chaggar was forced to admit that she did indeed meet with one of the K brothers regarding the program - a clear conflict of interest and explains why until the Chair intervened she had refused to answer a yes or no question posed by every member of the Opposition present regarding the meeting.  Chaggar being the minister in charge of making sure all the proper vetting was done on WE - and failed miserably to do so, and who was already handing out money to the charity long before it actually got approval from cabinet. 

21 hours ago, mowich said:

Actually, CTV  has mentioned several times and indeed covered part of the committee hearings being held today.  This isn't dead by a long shot, WCM.  And, the little potato still awaits his appearance before the ethics committee.   

Good to know. I guess they were just completely ignoring it for a couple of days.

So far the Clerk of the Privy Council has thrown Telford under the bus for not making sure the little potato recused himself as was her duty as his special advisor or whatever the hell her useless title is;

The more levels down the ladder that they can find a fall guy, the better for Trudeau, but in all honesty, I doubt that any Canadians believe his sad explanation of "I merely failed to recuse myself."

all but exonerated the PSC for their stellar vetting of WE;

Is this part sarcasm? I don't understand how the vetting was stellar given all the things that are below:

and has admitted that he had no personal knowledge of the financial regularities surrounding WE in spite of the fact that the MSM had reported such as early as 2019.  He also admitted that in spite of the fact that this program was all about financing a program, no one bothered to check the finances of the charity solely chosen to deliver it.  One might be forgiven for thinking that it would be a no brainer to check and see how well the charity was handling their own finances considering the millions at stake.........but no.  Wasn't that important apparently. 

That seems to be the opposite of 'vetted' lol.

With the intervention of the Committee Chair that slimy sycophant Chaggar was forced to admit that she did indeed meet with one of the K brothers regarding the program - a clear conflict of interest and explains why until the Chair intervened

I never even heard that name before. We're busy with work and we tried to get away for a night while e had a sitter lol. 

she had refused to answer a yes or no question posed by every member of the Opposition present regarding the meeting. 

I swear to god the Liberals and all their evil minions get Special Forces training in evading answers. 

Chaggar being the minister in charge of making sure all the proper vetting was done on WE - and failed miserably to do so, and who was already handing out money to the charity long before it actually got approval from cabinet. 

I see an attempt at the creation of a fall guy here by the Libs, placing her there to take the heat, but at the end of the day Canadians still know that Trudeau should have been aware of the fact that We gave his family half a million dollars. 

IMO this is way too big of a scandal that he should never be allowed to steer clear of it, but so was SNC.

On 8/1/2020 at 9:22 AM, mowich said:

With all that has come to light about the shady dealings, financial irregularities, forced employee NDAs, firing of the chair and then the entire board by WE it is simply beyond belief that no one in the entire liberal government thought to simply google the so-called charity whilst doing their so-called 'due diligence'.  If this is the way entities are investigated by this government, I wonder how many other under-the-table deals are going on right now with no oversight what-so-ever.

Corruption in Canada will never end until they the sheeple start to give a chit about what most of their traitorous politicians have been doing to them for decades now. Our dear comrade leaders have given us more taxes, more government, and taken away many of our freedoms but most Canadians do not seem to give a crap. Probably the reason for that is that the lying Canadian media tries to keep the people in a state of stupidity, panic and fear all the time over dumb azz things like Trump, global warming, and now this hoax Covid virus. I always say that when the lying media goes bonkers over things, like I just mentioned, the best thing to do is to ignore them completely. Go the opposite to what they are trying to push. Be and think like a leader, and stop trying to be a follower. What keeps those lying politicians, the lying media, and those so called health experts alive are the ones that they can get to follow them. "Woke" up. ;)